Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

It doesn't matter if he wins or loses or appeals to SEGA and EA. All it takes is the risk that if they adapt Chronicles, Penders will drag them back to court, even with assured victory for Archie, as it'll mean more expenses with lawyers and such.

OmgwtfPenders

I can't wait to see this fail! I know that sounds harsh but seriously what's up with this guy!

Echyd'nya? REALLY? This is going to be hilarious and it's most likely going to fail.

Nah, even in the RPG games Mario never speaks (except for short sentences and Italian gibberish) and has only a small nugget of personality, you know the everyman character who can do no wrong. It's ironic how the main character has less personality than his younger brother.

This is the problem about writing for Mario is to balance out how much he speaks in a comic - in the games he has no dialogue except for his usual soundbites while all of the other characters around him usually express the emotions/situations going on. In Fortune Street, he speaks in full sentences. In the Japanese comics, he does the same.

If I wrote him, I would relegate him to speak not that much unless he is solo. If he was with Luigi or Wario for example, I would have them do more of the speaking.

Also what the hell is Penders thinking with that name? Avatar?

• Thumbs Up 1

Erm, guys, we already knew they were aliens (he said that Salma was the alien equivalent of a chameleon about a week or so ago). The only thing new is the name stupidity.

Nope, Our own DarkSpeeds has connections.

Its cool to see his work in physical book form.

It IS fanart, not published by Archie.

One question just comes to mind: did he really need these characters to begin with?

This is exactly what I've been thinking when I heard about this; he literally could've gone the "Mighty No. 9" route, with "expy" characters that he could properly explore this new direction with. That probably would've been healthier direction for his career, which became a joke because of all the crap that surrounds this book and his legal shenanigans. It just goes to show that the entire legal nonsense was absolutely pointless and he wasn't even going to get the use the characters and continue the story he claimed he wanted to write. The characters are just there to sell books, but I really can't imagine who wants this thing in the first place.

Also, he changed the species name because apparently people can't pronounce "Echidna"? Since when? I learned that word when I was six, and I was not a smart or clever child (nor am I smart or clever adult, but that's besides the point).

I give up, honestly. *goes back to penciling comic samples*

I swear, every time I think the man can't get any more ridiculous he proves me wrong. "Echidna" isn't that hard to say in the first place. All you have to do is remember that the "ch" is pronounced like a "k", and people will forgive you anyway if you say it wrong. "Echyd'nya" on the other hand is just confusing. I'm looking at the word and seeing at least 8 different ways to say it, ranging from "ekidna" to "esheednia". The apostrophe makes it worse, since I'm not sure whether to ignore it, leave a gap where it occurs, or make a clicking noise in the back of my throat (Echydnya, Echyd-nya, and Echydclicknya, respectively).

He's finally done it...he's caught Michael Bay Syndrome. If its not your idea/franchise and you want to "open up" the story.....Aliens!!

Now I love me some Ancient Aliens but where's that Tsoukalos meme pic when you need it >.<

• Thumbs Up 1

Echyd'nyas? I guess they eat tyr'mights. Or, now that I think of it, tyr'myites?

Yeah, the new species name is unneccesary, not to mention, as others have stated, it makes the whole lawsuit pointless.

Ian is trying to get in touch with Chris Senn. Pretty desperately.

Wonder what's goin' on?

Hmm, well I know a guy with some direct lines, but he's over on retro and I no longer of means of reaching him, though KKM does, Andrew, the sonic CD 3D and sonic extreme fangames

Went ahead and relayed that info to BumbleKing. It's all up to KKM now.

glad I could help, tried to get into retro myself long ago but never got past member pending status :( , kinda why I ended up here

glad I could help, tried to get into retro myself long ago but never got past member pending status :( , kinda why I ended up here

You and me both, someone wasn't doing their job giving the final pass for accounts to activate. I was gunna post pics of Australian Sega World swipe cards for their merch data base too. See if I could fill the gaps in their game data base by supplying scans of the PAL versions of the PC games too, back then they didn't have any proper original box or manual/disc scans for the PC Sonic games besides those horrid budget label re-releases.

Ian and Senn huh? Sonic Xtreme story arc? That would be pretty awesome but kinda doubtful. Oh gosh, what if he wants to use Tiara in the comics haha, maybe he wants permission. Or maybe he's just looking for an insider who could help with the eventual Sonic Boom arc or whatever that has knowledge of story boarding and comic type stuff.

I do recall in the last SEGA bits interview he was asking if anybody knew how to contact Chris Senn. I think it's because he wanted to use Tierra B. and since Chris created the character Ian would know how to portray the character

I do recall in the last SEGA bits interview he was asking if anybody knew how to contact Chris Senn. I think it's because he wanted to use Tierra B. and since Chris created the character Ian would know how to portray the character

well admitedly he does want to use all the sources he can get his hands on... hmmm wonder if perhaps if he is considering a team made of Tiarra, Mighty and Ray, that could be intersting

well admitedly he does want to use all the sources he can get his hands on... hmmm wonder if perhaps if he is considering a team made of Tiarra, Mighty and Ray, that could be intersting

Always thought that would be an interesting side game. Have Mighty and Ray like Sonic and Tails. Have them fighting Fang instead of Eggman, or maybe Eggman and Fang. Having a side game that takes place in between Sonic's adventures, not too much development cost, maybe handheld, as a place to have a comedic almost parody action game with Sonic's hardly used characters.

Discussion probably best suited for another topic tho.

Wouldn't Tiara technically be SEGA property (even if the game was scrapped)? Or are we just saying Senn would be able to offer insight into the character?

Would be interesting to see that character brought to life (Honey too, even though she's even less important than Tiara), but I would think she was essentially meant to be the games' answer to Princess Sally before the Japanese canon took over.

Ian and Senn huh? Sonic Xtreme story arc? That would be pretty awesome but kinda doubtful. Oh gosh, what if he wants to use Tiara in the comics haha, maybe he wants permission. Or maybe he's just looking for an insider who could help with the eventual Sonic Boom arc or whatever that has knowledge of story boarding and comic type stuff.

I really haven't been paying much attention to that side of things lately, but Senn is involved with Sonic Boom?

Wouldn't Tiara technically be SEGA property (even if the game was scrapped)? Or are we just saying Senn would be able to offer insight into the character?

Would be interesting to see that character brought to life (Honey too, even though she's even less important than Tiara), but I would think she was essentially meant to be the games' answer to Princess Sally before the Japanese canon took over.

I really haven't been paying much attention to that side of things lately, but Senn is involved with Sonic Boom?

Insight, and Ian likes to ask the creators about it as well

And Chris Senn is the lead level designer in Boom, at BRB

Insight, and Ian likes to ask the creators about it as well

And Chris Senn is the lead level designer in Boom, at BRB

Ah, makes sense.

And cool, didn't realize Senn was back to working on Sonic again. I wonder what it's like for him to return to this property, and knowing what he's working on will actually get published this time.

I could so see a SONIC XTREME arc that be awesome nearly 20 years after conception we get a sort of official adaptation coz tbh isnt Xtreme stuff owned by SEGA?

Ah, makes sense.

And cool, didn't realize Senn was back to working on Sonic again. I wonder what it's like for him to return to this property, and knowing what he's working on will actually get published this time.

Gota give kudos to the guy huh, after all the crap he went through with Xtreme, all the team changes, engine changes, story changes, people breathing down his neck, nights with no sleep and staying in the office, and then only to have it canned due to execs being shown the wrong thing and not his up to date work on the game...musta been really hard on him.

Yet here he is back working for Sega through another studio and according to his feedback thus far seems to be really super pumped about it. I feel like there is a lesson to be learned from that somewhere. Really inspiring stuff.