Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

4 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

That's if a "certain somebody" doesn't try to claim whatever characters pop up in the fourth Sonic movie.

Let him try it and get buried by Paramount.

21 hours ago, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

Let him try it and get buried by Paramount.

Yep, Paramount got lawyers behind them that will easily take him down.

Penders is biting off more than he can chew if he takes on Paramount. 

On 3/30/2024 at 10:23 AM, Guergy said:

Penders is biting off more than he can chew if he takes on Paramount. 

Again. When was the last time there was word about him trying to sue them over Knuckles’ father?

Lol, so this jester thinks ANYTHING Sega do with Knuckles' backstory that includes other Echidnas in any way other than Tikal must be attributed to him?? Yeh, ok fella. You carry on sniffing that nice white pixie dust.

My view on Ken Penders is similar to my view on Dr. Starline. Both of them are terrible people and they're setting themselves up for disaster, but I can't help but feel sorry for them because it's clear that neither of them knows any better.

Ken's no Starline, thankfully, but he is about as arrogant as Starline.

Has he indicated he's doing any of this or are people spinning themselves over a tizzy over nothing again

• Thumbs Up 2

Pretty sure the whole Paramount lawsuit thing fizzled out a while ago, and of course, when the Knuckles series popped up, it was expected that he may take action after the trailer hit, but nothing came of that either as there was definitely no characters/concepts from ye olde Archie Sonic comics in there so far...

On 2/23/2024 at 3:44 PM, Cuz said:

Lowart's Archie series of videos finally reached Shadow 

Thoughts? I never realized how far the series got with Hope and Shadow's relationship. I like how she pushes past his insecurities. Otherwise the video a little on the short and sweet side. 

Archie Shadow is still my favourite Shadow and this video perfectly explains why.

Imagine you are constantly trying to get people to wake up from their mistakes the way you had to. That at one point all you wanted to do was take out anyone who threatened peace and tranquility in the world to going so far as to even wanting to end your maker's distant relative for being a greedy tyrant to having to show him mercy and just hoping that one day he'll finally change. And now your objective is to reform people even if it means have to give them a rough up first if they're going to be stubborn.

There's never been a better characterization of Shadow besides Sonic Battle, SA2, and Archie Sonic. Sonic Prime Shadow comes close, Sonic Boom Shadow is funny...

But they're missing something I enjoyed about Shadow to begin with.

His emotional depth.

This is something Eitaro Toyoda gets right. But I can't tell who in upper management keeps getting this wrong where Shadow is only meant to be cold and friendless but I don't like it. At all.

Shadow is best with his friends. His friends are different from Sonic's and a little less constantly cordial and a bit more open to having a few fights every once in a while. But he has friends.

Making Shadow since the 2010s not have friends has been the stupidest choice ever.

Give Shadow back his friends please.

He was better in Heroes than he was in the 2010s.

If even cold, brooding Batman or the violent and murder happy Venom is allowed to have friends and have fun then so can Shadow the Hedgehog.

Bring back his emotional depth from Archie please.

Edited by LongcrierCat
  • Thumbs Up 3