Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

3 Questions:

1. Have it been confirmed which one on the cover is Coral?

No. And at this point I'm starting to think neither is.

2. Is that a Chaos Emerald that the character on the left is holding?

No idea, but it seems tube-shaped, not Chaos Emerald-shaped.

3. Do you think Dark Gaia's Minions are starting to possess people at this point? Do you think other anthro characters could become Were-animals?

Wasn't Sonic's transformation a physical effect of him not being effected by Gaia's powers? I honestly don't remember right now

EDIT: And as mentioned above, Ian just confirmed Coral's not on the cover at all, like I suspected.

So I'm looking at the 261 variant and I'm thinking 'Is Cubot playing volleyball by himself? Where's Orbot?' And then I see it. Good job Yardley! that was pretty funny when I finally noticed.

...And yet he still looks like Julie-Su if she were more purple and a Shrimp.

I really dont see the resemblance personally but okay.

...And yet he still looks like Julie-Su if she were more purple and a Shrimp.

Don't say that, you know who will file a new lawsuit >.<

Digging the underwater arc tho, its a place they very rarely went in the previous universe bar a few Bivalve and crew story's and a couple times in the Arctic regions with Rotor. Will be interesting to see just what's down there.

I wonder if the underwater anthros that have legs can go on land. Would be pretty limiting to have kick ass looking new characters and have them relegated to underwater use only.

Edit : That Super Digest cover reminds me of the old puns and horrible jokes from the original covers and stories when the comic was but a baby haha...nostalgic or sad...you decide >.<

1333189_ful.jpg

Okay, this is just daft.

I'm laughing at how lame that pun is even by their standards that's corny

1333189_ful.jpg

Okay, this is just daft.

That is pretty clever...if it wasn't for Tails appearing and going 'THIS IS THE JOKE OF THE TITLE HA HA LAUGH WITH ME'.

1333189_ful.jpg

Okay, this is just daft.

Are you serious? This looks like something fan made. But I admit that pun made me smile. It reminds me of how they'd do similar stuff on the covers of the regular comics back in the early issues. 

Edit: Also it looks like Archie really wants people to read the Sonic Comic Origins story. I mean, it's getting it's own FCBD comic, and a feature in both the Super Special Magazine and Super Digest. 

Edited by SwiftWinds

1333189_ful.jpg

Okay, this is just daft.

This brought a smile to my face. ...Maybe a few silent laughs too (in library so no loud laughs!)

1333189_ful.jpg

Okay, this is just daft.

Oh, Archie, the things you make your artists illustrate sometimes... rolleyes.gif  It does bring back memories of those old Dave Manak covers though. I'm surprised they never did the joke then.

So, is there going to be more than one story in this "Sonic Comic Origins" thing? Or is the story just going to be heavily circulated and reprinted until people have actually read it?

Speaking of the digest: Super Sized Super Digest #6 are straight up reprints of issues 1-8, alongside "Then and Now" pages comparing the Freedom Fighters classic and modern designs.

Sonic needs to go Super to eat that many chili dogs now?

He's gotten weaker over the years.

He was also kinda fat when he was younger.

Speaking of the digest: Super Sized Super Digest #6 are straight up reprints of issues 1-8, alongside "Then and Now" pages comparing the Freedom Fighters classic and modern designs.

Is there any descriptions for each freedom fighter besides Sonic and Tails?

Yes. Amy and Sally, Bunnie and Antoine, Rotor and Chuck, Big and Cream, Nicole with the Sky Patrol and Omochao and T-Pup, Dr. Robotnik/Dr. Eggman, Snively and Crabmeat and Orbot and Cubot, the Badnik Horde and Metal Sonic and Silver Sonic.

Yes. Amy and Sally, Bunnie and Antoine, Rotor and Chuck, Big and Cream, Nicole with the Sky Patrol and Omochao and T-Pup, Dr. Robotnik/Dr. Eggman, Snively and Crabmeat and Orbot and Cubot, the Badnik Horde and Metal Sonic and Silver Sonic.

heh, hope we get some images, also good to see that Snively is not forgotten, he will return eventualy(hopefully this year)

Also, I see one of the big reasons Ian decided to do this unleashed arc, is it gives an excuse for traveling the world and meeting lots of new people

I should probably mention that Snively was part of a "Eggman's lackies: Then and Now" bit. Snively and Crabmeat for the "Then" and Orbot and Cubot for the "Now".

Sounds like Snively's breaking out on his own.

Actualy, thats an interesting thought, what if in this timeline Snively left eggnan actualy suceeded in creating a life of his own? well no way to gind out till he comes back I guess

Actualy, thats an interesting thought, what if in this timeline Snively left eggnan actualy suceeded in creating a life of his own? well no way to gind out till he comes back I guess

Or teams up with Nagus aka the canceled SatAM cliffhanger ending. Could be the Geoffrey Ixas wizard replacement haha swapping one nasty "master" for another.

Or teams up with Nagus aka the canceled SatAM cliffhanger ending. Could be the Geoffrey Ixas wizard replacement haha swapping one nasty "master" for another.

I would actually approve of a Naugus/Snively team up. Would be a nice little nod to SATAM as well.

• Thumbs Up 1