Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Yeah, maybe not, lol :P

But hopefully someone get the whole issue today and can post a summary and some other pages then the ones showed here already.

Well here's some super serious back story to Eclipse;

tumblr_n1ma2kfBjb1s2ypolo1_1280.jpg

Remember to control what your child watches.

I love how they referenced Chao in Space. Also, baby Eclipse is adorable as heck! 

wub.png 

• Thumbs Up 2

Never did I think Eclipse in any form be considered cute

:P What's funnier is that no one can say that back story is non canon!

Well it's no stupider than Shadow's backstory huh >.<

Well here's some super serious back story to Eclipse;

tumblr_n1ma2kfBjb1s2ypolo1_1280.jpg

Remember to control what your child watches.

Shadow's just mad because he never got to watch tv on the arc XD

I'm excited for Shadow Fall Part Three.

On a less exciting note, I cannot find the issue anywhere, be it on print or digital. A release date would be appreciated.

Don't mind me, just blurting out some overanalysis.

The comic guys never really have understood how the race outfits in Sonic Rivals 2 were patterned.

1. The girls don't get bodysuits. Rouge's race outfit was just a modification of her Riders outfit. Leeta and Lyco should have really had some tribal/techie outfit mix, and Amy has an outfit that can be modified, and has been done plenty of times (just because fan cover from one of the artists).
2. The colour of the non-black part isn't exactly defined by uniqueness. Sonic, Shadow and Knuckles all had red race outfits just styled differently. Silver was the one who has the blue of his markings as the other non-black colour, and that's probably because red would look gaudy on him. Espio...

Espio%27s_Race_Suit.png

I don't even know how that fits with anything.

Edit: Okay, want some actual news? Alrighty; Archie is firing off an initiative for After the Credits month. Basically, teaser/spoilery scenes are put after the stories just like they do in the films. Furthermore, different variants of the same issue have different teaser scenes. 

Also I think we get our first look at Coral in that article. 

Also Axel appears to be involved in The Chase

Edit: Okay, want some actual news? Alrighty; Archie is firing off an initiative for After the Credits month. Basically, teaser/spoilery scenes are put after the stories are done just like they do in the films. Furthermore, different variants of the same issue have different teaser scenes. 

Also I think we get our first look at Coral in that article. 

Also Axel appears to be involved in The Chase

OK... that's a bit of a racket Archie's got going now. I shouldn't have to buy two copies of the same comic to get the full story. I'm not sure I'm down with this.

EDIT: Oh, I see. it's just different teasers, not completely different endings for the same issue. Is that right? In either case, it's kinda silly for the format, IMO...

Someone please tell me these "alternate endings" will not be important to the main plot. I really don't want to have to go through the expenses on buying the same issue twice. Granted, I did get variants for the Sonic and Mega Man crossover but that's because Archie had a subscription option. If I have to buy these off eBay or other online stores, the shipping fees will go up the ass. I'd like it if anyone here who lives in the U.S. where these comics are cheapest to post the alternate endings if possible, if you plan on getting them. Oh, and Zaysho, I'd like to believe they are just teasers but this image clearly states they are alternate endings. 

Theatre-Promo-2_1.jpg

Someone please tell me these "alternate endings" will not be important to the main plot. I really don't want to have to go through the expenses on buying the same issue twice. ... Oh, and Zaysho, I'd like to believe they are just teasers but this image clearly states they are alternate endings.

Yeah, that's why I've been confused. On one hand, it seems like Kaminski is referring to them as teasers, but the teaser and Comics Alliance themselves refer to them as endings. It really doesn't make sense for the format to produce alternate endings for the same book. I hope it's just teasers for upcoming stories. If anything, I might flip through the variant I don't get in my sub box just to see what it actually is.

It looks like it depends. Some of them look like tidbits for following stories (the ending that features what looks like Coral, the Knuckles one) and some look like endings of the arc they're after (the ending that has Axel, the sliver of SU#62 that looks to have the GUN Commander in it).

Edit: PS Here's Coral;

sth259a.jpeg

To be clear:

Each version is the same from pages one to nineteen. Page Twenty will change depending on which issue you get. Each ending will be canon, but the story arc will be concluded the same in each issue.

You will not need to buy both to finish the arc you were already invested in.

Well then.

Well, that's a relief. But it's not really "after the credits" then, is it? It's just swapping out one page for another. I would've thought these were extra pages at the end of the book itself... but then I guess the cost would go up.

So pretty much each one has the same result, but you get to see it from a different perspective and a clue to what happens next... good thing I read digitaly

This was brought up in a TSSZ comment and I found it interesting because I hadn't noticed it before.

Sonic259var-1040x1600-610x938.jpg

7Fb4poG.png

The train in 259's variant was changed from the one in '06's Radical Train to the one in Heroes' Bullet Station. Not sure why they did that, really. I liked the fact that they were actually referencing '06 material.

Welp, more copies of issues for ms to get I guess. I just hope it doesn't get as bad as Street Fighter was. Like 4-5 covers per issue. That was madness. Sonic could do with a few limited foil or special covers tho. Would be nice. Even Mega Man had a foil cover on its original run before Archie got the license.

(Besides the old issues, I mean currently, I know #25 and #50 etc got treatment but its kinda fallen on the wayside since)

Looking at the cover, it's likely the Sonic 06 train was there only as a place holder, since there's no hi-res arts of the Heroes train.

(Besides the old issues, I mean currently, I know #25 and #50 etc got treatment but its kinda fallen on the wayside since)

I think one of the not-so-far-off Universe issues nabbed a foil cover. One of the Silver variants I think...