Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Did Sonic Universe 61 get delayed for subscribers, because I just got Mega-Man 34 in the mail yesterday. 

I recently emailed them and they told me that they Universe #61 is "scheduled to arrive shortly" so I guess there was a small delay, but expect it in the next few days. 

Ken Penders is saying that we won't be seeing Finitevus in the Archie comic in the future.

Random thing. 

PS: He didn't say that he owned Fini himself before that slippery slope can be rode.

Ken Penders is saying that we won't be seeing Finitevus in the Archie comic in the future.

Random thing. 

... Well, shiiioot. That man does want to watch the world burn, huh? sad.png

If the man's word has any merit, that means we can scratch off any of Bollers' characters as well. 

Query: Won't Archie get pissed at him for revealing cut content if legit?

OR Flynn realized that it might be possible to replace him with IX in the near future, and remove any messy legal issues

Will miss mammoth if he doesnt show back up though :(

Wasn't Ix part of what started the legal issues in the first place?

...also, wasn't Finitevus himself "inspired by" an StC character?

Random thing. 

PS: He didn't say that he owned Fini himself before that slippery slope can be rode.

Anyone know a con Penders plans to go to? I want to see videos of people heckling him for this atrocity. Finitevus was my favourite character, he's gone now. Bit of a bitter pill to swallow but I guess it's done now. I really want Penders to pay big time for tbis.

Also, anyone else bugged by how the 06 train is replaced by a Heroes train? Its kinda akward and also, yet another Heroes reference (it seems to be the most referenced Sonic game in most media now a days I find).

Anyone know a con Penders plans to go to? I want to see videos of people heckling him for this atrocity. Finitevus was my favourite character, he's gone now. Bit of a bitter pill to swallow but I guess it's done now. I really want Penders to pay big time for tbis.

Also, anyone else bugged by how the 06 train is replaced by a Heroes train? Its kinda akward and also, yet another Heroes reference (it seems to be the most referenced Sonic game in most media now a days I find).

Please tell me you aren't actually planning on harassing this man over a comic book. I know he's an asshole, but let's not stoop to that level.

I also dislike the Heroes train, too cartoon-y in the realistic world. It's out of place.

Please tell me you aren't actually planning on harassing this man over a comic book. I know he's an asshole, but let's not stoop to that level.

I also dislike the Heroes train, too cartoon-y in the realistic world. It's out of place.

Not at all, just thinking its weird he's been to these conventions and no one hasn't. Not everyone wouldn't have the restraint as us, just curious to see if one angry fan did. Also, anyone have an idea how his "Exclusive Secret Service" badges went?

Random thing. 

Goddammit. I actually liked a number of Boller's characters compared to Penders, Finitivus being one of them!

Seriously fuck this guy. If I can get Imperator Ix, then that's cool. But just when you think this case wasn't going to get any more ridiculous, it shoots a hard left.

Random thing. 

For pity's sake, we won't be seeing anyone from the old continuity in the future, not even most of Ian's characters. This is pointless, but perhaps it will make Archie officially reveal the whole purge.

Well, that's everyone thinks (aside from Ian's stuff. Note Lord Hood). This just kind of proper confirmation of bits.

No kidding. Between having to keep the fans of the old characters and continuity settled while not being able to tell them what's up, and the comic kicking off a new initiative that almost has unanimous negative backlash, he must have the paracetamol and ibuprofen on standby.

Well, at least there is one upside, Ian now has the excuse to bring in the 5 or so remaining forgotten characters back in, in fact it appears he has plans for at least one already

23.jpg

admitedly the only ones really left are Honey, the Wendy Witchcart trio from tails sky patrol(though we now technicly have that in the comic), and well Silver Sonic 2 from SA could be reintroduced

That image doesn't relate to your point, I think you have the wrong one.

That said, I do know what you're referring to (I think), and let me point this out; the answer given didn't specify that they were new ones. The Universe arc next has Fang in, who is counted as one of those. And Mighty and Ray are appearing later in the year if things go to plan.

That image doesn't relate to your point, I think you have the wrong one.

That said, I do know what you're referring to (I think), and let me point this out; the answer given didn't specify that they were new ones. The Universe arc next has Fang in, who is counted as one of those. And Mighty and Ray are appearing later in the year if things go to plan.

actualy, was refering to the bottom left letter segment, which referred to Honey who has cameoed, but never had an actual role in the comic

But ya, Mighty, Nack, and Ray are definately coming back, was just reffering to the fact we might get the other handful of characters who have never had a role in the comic being introduced

Also on the returning characters note, least we know Dulcy is coming back :P been a long time since we have seen her, though it does kinda indicate a good chunk of SATAM in relation to the comic is still somewhat valid

No kidding. Between having to keep the fans of the old characters and continuity settled while not being able to tell them what's up, and the comic kicking off a new initiative that almost has unanimous negative backlash, he must have the paracetamol and ibuprofen on standby.

The worst part is, all Flynn can do is follow orders and do his job to the best of his ability. I don't understand why he's catching heat when he's really not that high up the food chain. He may write the stories, but he doesn't have that much free rein. Can you blame him for occasional bad writing? Sure (though I can forgive "Endangered Species" as that one wasn't really his fault). Can you blame him for the legal mess or Archie's sudden "event-fever" (crossovers and now this "after the credits" nonsense)? No.

Shame we lost Finitevus and likely the rest of Bollers's characters; guess it's safe to say any characters from before Flynn's time are gone as well. Bummer.

The worst part is, all Flynn can do is follow orders and do his job to the best of his ability. I don't understand why he's catching heat when he's really not that high up the food chain. He may write the stories, but he doesn't have that much free rein. Can you blame him for occasional bad writing? Sure (though I can forgive "Endangered Species" as that one wasn't really his fault). Can you blame him for the legal mess or Archie's sudden "event-fever" (crossovers and now this "after the credits" nonsense)? No.

Shame we lost Finitevus and likely the rest of Bollers's characters; guess it's safe to say any characters from before Flynn's time are gone as well. Bummer.

Actualy, there are a few exceptions(like lord hood), and the entire SATAM cast, but ya we have lost a lot of characters

So does this mean Mina's likely gone now 'cause Penders somehow indirectly said "I own her" or something?

If so, that's a damn shame, she's the only Archie original character I actually cared about.