Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I know this is a little late but wasn't the Sonic/Mega Man crossover perfect?? I hope Nintendo will give Archie permission to make a Mario comic so we can hope for a Sonic/Mario crossover (and not in the olympics)

I know this is a little late but wasn't the Sonic/Mega Man crossover perfect?? I hope Nintendo will give Archie permission to make a Mario comic so we can hope for a Sonic/Mario crossover (and not in the olympics)

Well it dragged a bit in the middle but yes, the crossover was pretty great.

The Mario comic thing will never happen though. They pitched to Nintendo once, didn't go to well.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Mario comic thing will never happen though. They pitched to Nintendo once, didn't go to well.

*sniff* well Nintendo did say they where reaching out to license their stuff sooo maybe? I just want it to happen so we can see sonic mega man and mario in an adventure together smash doesn't count cause there's no story mode and the Olympics story's are really lame

*sniff* well Nintendo did say they where reaching out to license their stuff sooo maybe? I just want it to happen so we can see sonic mega man and mario in an adventure together

An adventure to dig up Crash Bandicoot's corpse

It's a real shame too. 

DSC00059.JPG

DSCF2053.JPG

Because Mr. Tracy Yardley really had those Nintendo characters down.

See more HERE

Ohhh seeing those Mario and Kirby drawings makes me wish Nintendo would give Archie the rights to make comics. I'm sure if they were able to make comics back in the day, they'd be able to make ones today as well. Considering we have so many games out, they could make comic adaptions of those, or make a new universe for the comics like how Super Mario Adventures was. 

Now I just noticed the deluxe limited edition hardcover for the Sonic/Mega Man crossover. I'm considering pre-ordering it. I loveeeeed the crossover. So of course I'd like to have the entire thing in a massive graphic novel a la Genesis. Now, what I believe is that the Limited Edition will have a foil-enhanced cover and perhaps a bookmark along with a bit more bonus features than the regular edition. But even still $60 seems like a fair price, considering Genesis cost me around $22, and this is like, 3 times the size. 

Ohhh seeing those Mario and Kirby drawings makes me wish Nintendo would give Archie the rights to make comics. I'm sure if they were able to make comics back in the day, they'd be able to make ones today as well. Considering we have so many games out, they could make comic adaptions of those, or make a new universe for the comics like how Super Mario Adventures was. 

Now I just noticed the deluxe limited edition hardcover for the Sonic/Mega Man crossover. I'm considering pre-ordering it. I loveeeeed the crossover. So of course I'd like to have the entire thing in a massive graphic novel a la Genesis. Now, what I believe is that the Limited Edition will have a foil-enhanced cover and perhaps a bookmark along with a bit more bonus features than the regular edition. But even still $60 seems like a fair price, considering Genesis cost me $22, and this is like, 3 times the size. 

I think Nintendo is pretty against fleshing Mario's character out, or they don't want to risk hurting their avatar.

I think Nintendo is pretty against fleshing Mario's character out, or they don't want to risk hurting their avatar.

Which is weird to me. In the Mario & Luigi RPG games we see that Mario has a lot of character and I love those games because they give Mario and the universe life. I find it much better than the platformer games where Mario is simply a cardboard box. And seeing how in the RPG games, they give so much personality to the universe, I don't see how it would hurt them to put him in comics with that same personality. 

• Thumbs Up 6

I might consider this limited edition hardcover for "Worlds Collide" since I skipped it for the most part (I have the first two issues digitally and a print copy of the final issue), but that's dang pricy. Looks like Amazon's got a (relatively) fair price going. Hopefully there's some really cool extras to justify that price (I'm talking layouts, concept drawings, script excerpts, annotations, the works!). Otherwise I'll likely just pick up the regular trades later in the year.

Really I didn't know that it is true what they say you learn something new every day

I remember seeing that posted on DeviantArt.

I thought it was just fanart.

Nope, Our own DarkSpeeds has connections.

Its cool to see his work in physical book form.

Darkspeeds is very talented. On another note- Archie Comic shop are selling variant issues including the convention special issue 266 cover (Thanks by Fat Panda on Bumbleking for the heads up). 

http://archiecomics.stores.yahoo.net/sococo.html

And just to make the day complete Ken Penders has just announced on Twitter that Lara-Su would no longer be an Echidna. 

She is actually an ALIEN! The reasons why were because he wanted to use this to expand the storyline and because people, apparently cannot pronounce Echidna. 

href="https://twitter.com/KenPenders/statuses/441397277706305536">March 6, 2014</a>

I don't know about the rest of you but I thought this was hysterical. 

oh my god that is goddamn sad

"Well, people can't pronounce echidna, better make her an alien!"

Goddammit how does this man manage to not see how all this will inevitably backfire horribly because not only is his art crap and his ideas piss-poor, but at this rate only his most diehard supporters would buy his shitty fanfiction, and said dieharders would be small in number because he's managed to wipe out 90% of the comic's cast, likely taking somebody's favourite character with them.

I really wonder how this will affect any chances of trying to bring down Chronicles? The guy just distanced himself even more away from the comic previous material he claimed, and since he's making it into something much different, it might hurt him in other places.

On the bright side, I suppose that makes it much better for him since it's more "unique" instead of being derivative like it used to be. But still this is funny.

Well Sonic characters are functionally 'aliens' of a sort, anyway. But still, what.

I'm guessing this is part whatever agreement was made that's letting him go through with this? He can use a character very clearly based off of a Sonic one and it's ok because they're an alien, not the Sonic the Hedgehog interpretation of echidnas!! Nope, not at all!

At this point that story of his might as well be labelled a parody, even if it isn't an intentional one on Pender's part.

Or is it?!

Wait echidna is too hard to pronounce but Echyd'nya isn't? Wouldn't people mispronounce that anyway. I mean the main mispronounciation is saying e-chid-na instead of e-kid-na and this new word doesn't change that all all. Unless e-chid-na is the correct pronounciation of this new word in which case why bother?

One question just comes to mind: did he really need these characters to begin with?

I really wonder how this will affect any chances of trying to bring down Chronicles? The guy just distanced himself even more away from the comic previous material he claimed, and since he's making it into something much different, it might hurt him in other places.

On the bright side, I suppose that makes it much better for him since it's more "unique" instead of being derivative like it used to be. But still this is funny.

actualy, he already failed in that case, and only way he could get it appealed is in supreme court which isnt happening

OmgwtfPenders

I can't wait to see this fail! I know that sounds harsh but seriously what's up with this guy!

Echyd'nya? REALLY? This is going to be hilarious and it's most likely going to fail.

Which is weird to me. In the Mario & Luigi RPG games we see that Mario has a lot of character and I love those games because they give Mario and the universe life. I find it much better than the platformer games where Mario is simply a cardboard box. And seeing how in the RPG games, they give so much personality to the universe, I don't see how it would hurt them to put him in comics with that same personality.

Nah, even in the RPG games Mario never speaks (except for short sentences and Italian gibberish) and has only a small nugget of personality, you know the everyman character who can do no wrong. It's ironic how the main character has less personality than his younger brother.

• Thumbs Up 3

actualy, he already failed in that case, and only way he could get it appealed is in supreme court which isnt happening

I know he failed, I was just wondering if his attempt at trying again would keep them from further using it.

Ian did say that Penders is still the reason why a Chronicles adaptation has yet to be made, despite having plenty of time to wait it out. I suppose this is just more good news to hear that he has a small as hell chance of getting an appeal.