Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Perhaps in the new universe they're used to access the Special Stage dimension instead of the normal Rings?

Edited by ElementofChaos
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thats possible, like a dollar coin or something. thats all I can really see them using the red rings for.

Or, now that you mention that, they go the Colors / Lost World route:

The Red Rings are also artifacts, but they're tied into the Chaos Emeralds somehow. Maybe they contain pure Chaos Energy or something.

I prefer the "dollar coin" option, but wouldn't be surprised to see it be something like this.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just found out the stream is over, but is there a link where I can watch it anyway? I know it wouldn't be live, but I wanna see.

I just found out the stream is over, but is there a link where I can watch it anyway? I know it wouldn't be live, but I wanna see.

A bit of it was lost due to a glitch, but the stuff that's left can be found here. Just work your way to the past broadcasts and pick a vid.

By the way, when I was rechecking to make sure they could be accessed, I found the part where he talks about differentiating Rotor, Tails and Chuck. I only paid attention to what he said of Rotor when it was live, but now I notice that he talks about Chuck being an adventuring scientist, more on the field. Bates' comments said that Chuck would be more of a field commander, right?

Edit: Reminds me; Robotropolis never existed in the new verse.

Edit edit edit: He also couldn't comment (due to being asked not to) when someone asked if the old comic characters would come back...

Some will be back, but he can't think of when. 

Edit edit edit edit blahhhh; If you go to 39:32 on part 2 of the broadcast there (ie one of the last ones in the Past Broadcast order), you can hear Ian's remarks on Sonic being single for yourself. Don't take my word for it any more!

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 1

To add to that whenever Ian and Lea were asked about their thoughts on sonic boom they said that they can't talk about it

Edit: most of the game events already happened and some games like lost world will take place later

Edited by Dejimon11

^I hoped that would be the case. There's not much point having game events take place that have already happened and then just stop there. At least we can consider the ATAP stories to be the same universe, just without the Archie cast present at that time.

Instead of these edits should you 2 just PM eachother and compile a list?

Are you sure its totally gone cause I thought I heard them saying that they were recording the stream to put on youtube later. if so, How much of the steam was lost?

Edited by goku262002

So everything from the beginning to Frozen Factory? hmm, If I remember correctly thats about 2 hours worth. shame :(....

Anyways, we already have a topic for the stream so lets drop that for now. Has any previews for SU or STH come out as of late?

That's way to early to ask for that. The previews for SU 60 and STH 257 came out last week

That's way to early to ask for that. The previews for SU 60 and STH 257 came out last week

mind posting these?

Nono, not solicts. 5-page previews, thats what I meant. have any of those released?

same here

Damn, I missed my chance to ask Ian questions.

Stupid Wi-Fi going out.

Yeah be glad you didn't bug him Sunday morning, he was not in the mood for anything.

Hmm..Nack, Bean, Bark, Mighty and Ray being still around is good news. Makes me wonder tho. Some Sega characters are off limits and they aren't allowed to use them for whatever reason, but these guys are ok even tho they haven't been in a game for years beyond re-releases.

Is that a good thing cause Sega still wants to have them used, or a bad thing cause they are basically comic only fodder now and they don't give a rats what Archie does with them >.<

Is that a good thing cause Sega still wants to have them used, or a bad thing cause they are basically comic only fodder now and they don't give a rats what Archie does with them >.<

I think SEGA allowing them to have a full redesign by comic artists as well as family post-mandate answers that one.

I think SEGA allowing them to have a full redesign by comic artists as well as family post-mandate answers that one.

It's just as well, given that SEGA barely knows what to do with the characters they've kept on for the games after 2006.

This page made me lose it in terms of foreshadowing

tumblr_mv8hpeZvjL1qd2mamo1_r1_1280.png

It looks like Countdown to Chaos and the next arc(s) will be based off of Unleashed and Sonic will be turning into the Werehog as well as Dark Gaia finally making its appearance. This is especially true considering it was just announced Professor Pickle will appear. Dis gun b gud.

Ohhhh man! Just seeing this...!

Lost World releases tomorrow and yet I just found my interest for it completely replaced by interest in this issue. This is 254, I presume?

I guess I'm just a huge lupine enthusiast and it is showing. I really hope Ian's allowed to take some creative liberty and make WereSonic genuinely wild and dangerous and not just "I'm normal but my voice is deeper and I'm fluffy."

Edited by Ogil.exe Maurice