Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Don't know where to post this, but in regards to Penders case against Sega for Sonic Chronicles, he posted a recording of the trial.

http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/media/view.php?pk_id=0000011455 I tried to listen myself but my Windows Media Player isn't working. Can someone tell me what there saying, would really appreciate it.

Soooo from what my pea brain can understand...

-Probably old news but if what was said is accurate, Ken's forum posts a while back claiming he definitely owns Scourge are hot air. Supposedly it was not decided who owns the characters but Archie’s demands to have Ken’s copyright registrations revoked were swatted down. From what I understand having a work registered doesn’t solidify ownership, it just means the court is more likely to take your side and you have the power to sue somebody over said registered work.

So I’m guessing Archie can still get back in the ring but probably wont.

-Ken’s lawyer seems unprepared. “We were unable to know the net profit of Sonic Chronicles.”...wut?

-According to the Judge and the Sega rep, if Penders did win this Sega/ea case he wouldn’t get money out of it because you can only reap damage costs going back three years prior to filing the suit. Since games make their profit in the first couple of months of their release, by the time Ken did file the suit “the pot had run dry”. This was all described with numerous comparisons to gambling and vegas.

And the saga crawls on.

From what I know about Saffron is very little, but she really did nothing to the point to make herself such a distinguishable character aside from being Charmy's rock. She is what I would call a Satellite Character, but not one to the point like say - oh, Waluigi for example whom has enough characterization or even speculative characterization to become a breakthrough character. The way Penders handled her is pretty much how he handled a lot of the background characters in the book, making them a one-note obstruction to the more interesting cast.

To see her revamped as something aside from the moniker 'tote-around-girlfriend' would be nice. Strangely, I think Saffron's name and parts of Jon Gray's re-design of her come the closest out of all of the characters from the book that could pass off as SEGASonic originals.

Edited by Scheming Minor

From what I know about Saffron is very little, but she really did nothing to the point to make herself such a distinguishable character aside from being Charmy's rock. She is what I would call a Satellite Character, but not one to the point like say - oh, Waluigi for example whom has enough characterization or even speculative characterization to become a breakthrough character. The way Penders handled her is pretty much how he handled a lot of the background characters in the book, making them a one-note obstruction to the more interesting cast.

To see her revamped as something aside from the moniker 'tote-around-girlfriend' would be nice. Strangely, I think Saffron's name and parts of Jon Gray's re-design of her come the closest out of all of the characters from the book that could pass off as SEGASonic originals.

Maybe, but Ian did seem to be helping some of the background characters over time and giving them more and more use. Like how I always was glad when he started to make Tails' parents a bit more important and useful for awhile. Yes, they would stay at home most of the time, but they were still there. Now with all this mess of people can't have relatives or whatever that crap is, it just seems a bit unfair now to the stories. You want the comics to be a bit more like the games, fine. However, if you are going to try and suck each and everything interesting away from the comics in exchange for mindless action, no thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

The comic still has some interesting things to tell. Maybe not family and relationships but other cool things

I'll agree that the stuff going on right now is interesting, but it has still left a bad taste in my mouth at the moment. At the moment it is still a bit of a good/bad thing at the moment. Can't really decide since while cool, just have that bad taste of what is lost.

I just want my favorite characters to come back. I can't enjoy the comic anymore with them gone...

I just want my favorite characters to come back. I can't enjoy the comic anymore with them gone...

And what are your favorite characters, if I may ask?

Today should be the day you can pick up the Sonic Lost World comic. Hopefully the Glasgow Forbidden Planet got it this time :-p

Well Lien-Da is mine, and I was rather fond of that Enerjak concept they had going on.

And aside from that, here's hoping they didn't get rid of the Iron Queen, because I actually want to see what she'll be doing as a grandma-er, Egg Boss in this new world. And while I'm more indifferent to them individually, the arc involving Elias and the Secret Freedom Fighters I wanted to see how it ended.

And here's hoping they didn't do away with Shard.

Edited by CreepySpiritSonic
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well, that's one down. Still waiting on the rest.

Edited by CreepySpiritSonic

Elias, Geoffrey, and Tails' parents.

Tails' parents?

Well, that was unexpected.

Why?

I think he meant to say Sonic's parents.

Tails' parents are Karl Bollers characters (I think)

No, I mean Tails' parents. Like Aqua said, they were removed because of the "no relatives" mandate.

Edited by ElectroKyurem

So I bought SU 57 yesterday and all I can say is that its the best issue of the arc so far and in case anybody cares Marine wasn't reduced to a butt monkey in this issue

I have entirely different thoughts to you, then.

I still don't like this arc mind you I'm just saying compared to the other 2 issues its the better one. What's your thoughts I'm curious?

I thought it was better than SU#56 (mainly just because of Johnny and Whisker, plus there wasn't the whole pretend peril side-plot that took up half the issue), but not by that much. SU#55 was better, but it was still only okay. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Picked up five copies of the Lost World promo comic, I really enjoyed it! The right balance of prequel content and cutscene adaptation. Like the Mega Man X Sonic story arc, makes me long for a SEGASONIC comic book. Seeing Sonic begin in Green Hill and then run over to Tails and Amy's location gave a nice bit of geography to the game universe. Wish there was a part two that expanded on Lost Hex's history. 

The Sonic Underground story is on hiatus for reasons Ian can't disclose. 

You think I'm not watching that Lost World stream LMAO

personaly I am avoiding it because I dont want spoilers :(

How so? was he banned here or something?

EDIT: Here is the alternate classic version:

qasg.png

Orignal here:

http://e-122-psi.deviantart.com/art/S-C-Bunnie-Alternate-Wallpaper-402355368

Download the resizes:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ca7lw3tsfwvmbdc

Now I can finally post, I must thank you for endorsing my art, goku. I should note though that I refined the normal wallpaper slightly since you made that resize (Bunnie now has her comic palette and more normal proportioning since I made the alternate version to balance it).

I'm not sure why, but I never got my validation email, not matter how many times I pressed that freakin' button. All of a sudden, I can now reply, despite still never getting that email.

Edited by E-122-Psi
  • Thumbs Up 2

You can thank me for asking the question.