Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I actually got 254 in the mail a few days ago. EDIT: 

Here's my initial reaction as not to delve too much into spoiler territory:

Holy hell, it's great to see these guys again. But did you really have to throw in that label there?

What? Your Muttski is evolving! Congratulations! You may now proceed to give your best WTF face.

Antoine, you should have listened to Sonic. You see what happens when you don't listen to Sonic?

Oh gosh, the Weapons Bed flashbacks just hit me with a ton of bricks.  I love that level so much. Is this why I'm loving what's goin' on right now? Or am I just glad to see the Doctor do what he does best?

Of course it has to happen now. Well, at least Antoine's as badass as ever.

Uh oh. Not good. RRRRRGH.

Aw... how sweet. We promise, your heart will be whole again.

And HELLO MISS. Now that is a fancy pantsy suit you've got on there! It really looks kickass and...wait. Do you have on what I think you have on?

Off Panel: Sonic, why that face? With all you have to worry about, this should mean nothing!

...the joys of what swims around in your brain...

Edited by Zavok

Wow. This universe got turned on its head REALLY bad I see.

So we could have as many as three Metal Sonics in operation at the moment... I ponder what became of Shard now that the universe has changed?

Also good lord. Looks like Elias and Max did the fusion dance!

I'm really interested to see the implications of this... it looks like we have Dark Gaia, Eggman Nega, and Black Doom coming all at once. This'll get chaotic quick!

Also to anyone fretting over the Lost World issue, don't; there's barely any meat to it and half of it's stuff you'd see in the cutscenes anyway. tongue.png

Uh you might want to spoil that

It's funny how I complain about it and not 2 posts later somebody forgets the rule completely, huh?

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, not Nega as he can't be used directly. I do like how they're managing to sneak him into the writing, but I also really wonder about why they can't use him...

Meh, I'll take the Deadly Six over an Eggman-shaming recolour and Wizeman from space any day.

Gonna have to make them jump some serious loops to pull off having them be interdimensional threats, man.

Failing that, you're likely to ruin their adaptation. I don't care for Nega, but I'd rather have him around if only to avoid that risk.

Does this even need to be spoilered?

Edited by CreepySpiritSonic

It's funny how I complain about it and not 2 posts later somebody forgets the rule completely, huh?

I figured that it wasn't that spoilerific, as I was just giving generalities while not directly saying what was going on. But all right. Spoiler'd.

I figured that it wasn't that spoilerific, as I was just giving generalities while not directly saying what was going on. But all right. Spoiler'd.

Alrighty, it's elements that are in the next/future issues that aren't out for everyone yet that get spoiler'd, at least things that are important to the story and those things are generally pretty important, that's all.

Yeah, anything that is about an issue that hasnt been released yet or not out for at least a few days should be in spoiler tags and there be a notice about what is in it, aka this is about issue so and so. That at least helps those that don't want to see comic scans ahead of time, covers, or any info about an issue that may not have arrived in the mail just yet.

Professor Pickle confirmed to be appearing, most the events from the games already happened, well get some more details about the badnik horde and their commanders, if all things go according to plan we'll see knux soon oh and mighty ray and nack will show up sometime along the road

Ugh, no.

Cool.

This page made me lose it in terms of foreshadowing

tumblr_mv8hpeZvjL1qd2mamo1_r1_1280.png

It looks like Countdown to Chaos and the next arc(s) will be based off of Unleashed and Sonic will be turning into the Werehog as well as Dark Gaia finally making its appearance. This is especially true considering it was just announced Professor Pickle will appear. Dis gun b gud.

Oh, no. I really don't want to see that again, and I

liked the Werehog (Design wise).

I don't want to go down that road again.

I mean, maybe it'll be done well, but I dunno.. :/

Also red rings might be incorporated in the future.

Really, huh. That's not something I ever cared about being used. I can't really imagine all that many people cared to see the functions of the Red Rings other than unlocking crap.

But, I dunno.. =P

Calling it now: the red rings are the only way people can travel to the special zone. In all seriousness aren't the red rings from Blaze's world? It could be interesting to see where they go with that

So the stream has been over for a couple hours now, anybody compiling a list of what Ian confirmed, denied, and just said "wait and see" on?

Professor Pickle appearing soon - Confirmed

Red Rings possibly being incorporated - Confirmed

Knuckles appearing in the next 12 months - Confirmed as long as plans go accordingly

Plans for Shard - Confirmed

Sonic being single now - Confirmed

Super Tails and Super Knuckles - I think he said that he wants to but can't say anything

Non Scourge non game character supers - Didn't want to comment on (in this case seems like we might see something)

Shade, Ix and co returning - Ian is not allowed to say anything

Mighty, Ray and Fang appearing - Confirmed that they will appear somewhere down the line

Probably other stuff said, but this is what I recall off-hand. 

Ian confirmed on the forums that the mysterious figure in #237 was originally supposed to be Hershey before being subbed in by Leeta and Lyco before that little plot got dropped. Hershey probably got Pender'd. This was a couple of days before the stream so isn't stream info. 

Edited by VEDJ-F

Also

No plans for New Crusaders at the moment since its been delayed till Spring

The Mega Man X back up stories are going to take place before day of Sigma and wants to tackle a lot of stuff before covering the events of X1

Professor Pickle appearing soon - Confirmed

Red Rings possibly being incorporated - Confirmed

Knuckles appearing in the next 12 months - Confirmed as long as plans go accordingly

Plans for Shard - Confirmed

Sonic being single now - Confirmed

Super Tails and Super Knuckles - I think he said that he wants to but can't say anything

Non Scourge non game character supers - Didn't want to comment on (in this case seems like we might see something)

Shade, Ix and co returning - Ian is not allowed to say anything

Mighty, Ray and Fang appearing - Confirmed that they will appear somewhere down the line

I'm pretty happy with what's confirmed so far and hopefully what Flynn can't comment on right now will eventually get clarified in the next year or so. It sounds good to me anyway. Especially happy that Shard will show up, though I wonder what's going to happen since the "Secret Freedom" storyline essentailly didn't happen (or at least not the way it originally did).

Ian confirmed on the forums that the mysterious figure in #237 was originally supposed to be Hershey before being subbed in by Leeta and Lyco before that little plot got dropped. Hershey probably got Pender'd. This was a couple of days before the stream so isn't stream info. 

So, if I'm reading this correctly, Hershey would've been confirmed alive and mostly likely would've joined the Secret Freedom Fighters? That would make a lot of sense, since it seemed odd that Leeta and Lyco were on Harvey Who's radar to begin with (though I just rolled with it). Shame plans got messed up thanks to the stupid legal saga.

Edited by Zaysho

Wasn't Ian saying that Sonic isn't neccessary single but hes just alittle burned out on the romance crap and just wants to keep it on the back burner? doesn't neccessarly mean sonic's single again.

He said he was fatigued by it and then he said that he was single. Very explicitly. 

Too bad, I think before the whole Mecha Sally thing he was handling their relationship fine, and the whole Sonic-Sally thing hasn't been a thing for a good while now (Think about 2 years) don't see why he would be fatigued on it.

Can you recall anything else? I was in and out and didn't catch good chunks of the stream (like did they even finish lost world?!)

Pretty much that list up there.

Oh and Sonic Underground/Sonic X being off-limits, no references to other media allowed (so no OVA hat for Knuckles) and the Underground epilogue being on hiatus for reasons he can't disclose (but c'mon, read that sentence again and see if you can't see a blatant one). 

Also yes they beat the game. They even managed to do all the stuff beyond the final boss, although they didn't collect the red rings. 

Edited by VEDJ-F

Pretty much that list up there.

Oh and Sonic Underground/Sonic X being off-limits, no references to other media allowed (so no OVA hat for Knuckles) and the Underground epilogue being on hiatus for reasons he can't disclose (but c'mon, read that sentence again and see if you can't see a blatant one). 

Also yes they beat the game. They even managed to do all the stuff beyond the final boss, although they didn't collect the red rings. 

aw I liked that hat

• Thumbs Up 1

Bullshit, I liked that hat. It wasn't hurting anything SEGA. >=(

Now I know I was there I'm sure he said Underground was just 100% not happening, unless he said something later I wasn't their for.

So... What use would the red rings be in the comics? I can't help but wonder how Ian would be able to make them worth something in the comics.

So... What use would the red rings be in the comics? I can't help but wonder how Ian would be able to make them worth something in the comics.

Maybe they're going to be used as currency. Seeing as up to this point the rings have just been powerful tools rather than actual Mobian money, and how they're used in the games to unlock things...