Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I think SEGA allowing them to have a full redesign by comic artists as well as family post-mandate answers that one.

Bean and Bark look pretty much the same to me post-crossover. Also there's been no post-mandate word on the "lost" Sega characters and their comic family yet has there? Mighty's sister, Nack's extended family etc. Didn't they almost make it sound like Nack snuffed the rest of his family in the encyclopedia? (Second hand information on that since I never got my hands on the book)

Guess like the rest of the people waiting to see what's changed with their favorite characters ill just have to play the waiting game too.

Bean and Bark look pretty much the same to me post-crossover. Also there's been no post-mandate word on the "lost" Sega characters and their comic family yet has there? Mighty's sister, Nack's extended family etc. Didn't they almost make it sound like Nack snuffed the rest of his family in the encyclopedia? (Second hand information on that since I never got my hands on the book)

Guess like the rest of the people waiting to see what's changed with their favorite characters ill just have to play the waiting game too.

Chaotix Quest took place after the mandates went in place (about #236). Mighty and Ray got redesigned, and Mighty was still out to rescue his sister. 

The Fang cousins weren't in my consideration because they've been long gone. 

Edited by VEDJ-F

Hm...due to the fact we haven't seen Fang in PPP, I'm getting the gnawing feeling he'll show up with a pretty big makeover...just a hunch...

Same here, but I have a feeling it will be sooner rather than later

Hm...due to the fact we haven't seen Fang in PPP, I'm getting the gnawing feeling he'll show up with a pretty big makeover...just a hunch...

I think if there is one it will be medium, and I have a feeling it will be in part due to something major involving him

I think if there is one it will be medium, and I have a feeling it will be in part due to something major involving him

or maybe they want to establish the new world before we see him 

Actualy, I thought of a totaly hilarious/ironic way they could reintroduce Nack, is if in the next arc, the freedom fighters actualy hire him to track down this mysterious Creature(aka the werehog) that has been terrorizing the nearby lands at night.... (remember he was originally brought in to track down sonic in the triple trouble arc XD)

• Thumbs Up 2

Actualy, I thought of a totaly hilarious/ironic way they could reintroduce Nack, is if in the next arc, the freedom fighters actualy hire him to track down this mysterious Creature(aka the werehog) that has been terrorizing the nearby lands at night.... (remember he was originally brought in to track down sonic in the triple trouble arc XD)

Would also be an unintentional nod to a certain rumour I heard way back before Unleashed was released...

• Thumbs Up 1

Chaotix Quest took place after the mandates went in place (about #236). Mighty and Ray got redesigned, and Mighty was still out to rescue his sister.

The Fang cousins weren't in my consideration because they've been long gone.

Good point, tho storyline wise Chaotix Quest takes place before the universe altering crossover doesn't it? Most of the new restrictions were put into place following the crossover so they could be changed again (family wise) couldn't they? The Bunnie meeting her father cliffhanger was obviously changed..and wasn't that in Chaotix Quest? Edited by Tenko

Would also be an unintentional nod to a certain rumour I heard way back before Unleashed was released...

Huh?

It would be interesting, would also show Sega up a bit what with them constantly saying they can't find a purpose for him in the games and have no idea what to do with the older characters in a modern design setting. Tho I realize Archie has a much bigger ballpark to play with in that regard.

I guess what I would like to ask Ian at some point would be, when they muck around with the old game characters, do Sega actually mandate to them like with the current ones. Or are Archie totally free to use them however they like. Would be interesting if Sega still had a hand in how the old characters are being portrayed.

Edited by Tenko

Good point, tho storyline wise Chaotix Quest takes place before the universe altering crossover doesn't it? Most of the new restrictions were put into place following the crossover so they could be changed again (family wise) couldn't they? The Bunnie meeting her father cliffhanger was obviously changed..and wasn't that in Chaotix Quest?

It doesn't matter about when it took place, all references to SEGA Sonic family were cut before then (Tails wasn't allowed to refer to his mum as his mum even though she was still there). And given Uncle Chuck, it's clear that it hasn't been changed.

Bunnie is completely irrelevant because the cliffhanger wasn't changed at all due to family stuff. 

Edit: By the sounds of what Aleah (the one who redesigned Mighty and Ray) said, she had no constrictions from SEGA regarding the designs. 

Edited by VEDJ-F

Huh?

There was a rumor back during Unleashed's release that Nack was going to make a return to the series to hunt the Werehog. Also, Eggman would become a WereWalrus at the end of the game.

• Thumbs Up 4

Same here, but I have a feeling it will be sooner rather than later

There was a rumor back during Unleashed's release that Nack was going to make a return to the series to hunt the Werehog. Also, Eggman would become a WereWalrus at the end of the game.

Ok, now I see what you guys mean, and it would be extremely amusing then, I do kinda hope it does happen that way

*looks at the credits page of the free Lost World comic* ... that's not how you spell licensing :P Oh look, Aaron got a mention <3

What's this about Mighty and Ray redesigns? Their clothes in the Chaotix arc?

Edited by MarcelloF

What's this about Mighty and Ray redesigns? They're clothes in the Chaotix arc?

Yes, those are the redesigns. There's not been any new ones post-252 that you're not aware of.

Awww sonic rushed to hug uncle chuck and shed a tear :) isn't that sweet?

It's interesting to see both New...err.. Mobotropolis and Knothole BOTH still standing, also using Wood Zone is a genius idea, Wood Zone already looked a little like Knothole anyway with the Tree Houses and stuff, might as well put Knothole in their.