Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Kind of like the eye-less shadow, gives it a more pissed off vibe.

it also gives away the fact that he's been brain washed. 

Oh, this is something I didn't notice that got flagged up on Tumblr;

Remember how the plug pigtails on NICOLE seemed to be missing in #252? Turns out that it wasn't an error, the covers to #255 have been edited and she doesn't have them any more. 

What?! But they were so cool! I will find whoever made this desicion and put their head through a table...or send loads of chocolate to them in the hope they'll change it (kudos if you get that!).

it also gives away the fact that he's been brain washed.

Actually, no. Whitened out eyes are a common way to depict extreme anger, especially in Eastern animation. Note how Sonic's eyes disappear in the games when he's Darkspine Sonic or when he becomes Dark Super Sonic in Sonic X.

So Shadow could be brainwashed, but whiting out the irises is actually a simplistic way to say "this character is royally pissed, take caution."

Picked up the Halloween Special Sonic Lost world issue today. The art is interesting, but not by any means bad, it kinda reminds me of the art in the Sonic X comic. I do wonder though that if this issue is supposed to be canon to the comic, as it doesn't say "Another time, Another place", or if Ian will do a different adaptation along the line.

I thought the art for the Halloweenfest comic looked better than I'd thought it'd be. It's a decent try for Jampole's first take on Sonic characters when he's mostly done Mega Man so far (not counting the last of WWC Part 4 he had to pencil in Pepper's absence and the MMPU-styled variant for Part 9).

Which scans are you looking for? the SLW Prequel?

Do you have any?

Probably not the best place to discuss scans guys. *cough*PMing*cough*

Oh, this is something I didn't notice that got flagged up on Tumblr;

Remember how the plug pigtails on NICOLE seemed to be missing in #252? Turns out that it wasn't an error, the covers to #255 have been edited and she doesn't have them any more. 

Really, is there a before/after pic you can show us?

Probably not the best place to discuss scans guys. *cough*PMing*cough*

Really, is there a before/after pic you can show us?

Sure. This is the original cover preview we got (spoilered for size);

3235277-sonic%23255wm.jpg

And this is the preview seen in issue #254;

tumblr_mvihzflBvq1r1alb2o1_500.jpg

A few more details have been altered, but they're minor;

-Her ears have three points instead of two.

-Her shoes are less pointed.

-Her cuffs on her gloves and shoes have decoration.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Actually, there's a tiny change on Bunnie, but it's an interesting one; the join between the robotic arm and the flesh has changed. Instead of looking like a limb joint, it looks more like a metal covering.

Implying a change to how roboticisation works?

Also her tail shape changed but that's so minor. 

Edited by VEDJ-F

Maybe Capcom were the ones to cry about it, then, seeing as how they're pretty poor for a company and would probably sue for anything at this point.

Unless Model A is going to appear in the new Megaman X Archie series when it pops up, so they didn't want the two getting confused.

Or maybe Archie just didn't like it editorially. that's an option too. despite how much people like to forget Archie is first and foremost a comic publisher.

Maybe Capcom were the ones to cry about it, then, seeing as how they're pretty poor for a company and would probably sue for anything at this point.

Unless Model A is going to appear in the new Megaman X Archie series when it pops up, so they didn't want the two getting confused.

So... Capcom is run by Penders now? Come on, they're not that litigious. This is a company that gave a full licensing deal for their music to an unknown rapper who sampled from their games for an album instead of, you know, suing the guy into oblivion (and I'm personally happy that's how Random's story played out, but I'm a fan of his work).

I'd see the design more as simply inspired by, rather than a rip-off, but I probably would've forgotten about the plug-tails anyway had it not been pointed out. But, like Albator said, Archie probably had the design changed after Bates finished the cover and had the production artists edit it. It happens.

On another note, I hope Bates's cover isn't going to be an exaggeration of NICOLE's abilities in the future. I think it'd be great to see her actually join the fray instead of just being a hologram or a palm computer projection.

Edited by Zaysho

They probably decided that they were overkill considering the rest of the hair. Plus with that, they don't work as extensions of fur as well. 

oh man, issue 254 was great! cant wait for the next oen

Also loving Eggman as a good field agent, and how Ant is being pretty BA. also love that the freedom fighters are feeling like that again, and cant wait to see them in action as a team again!