Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

You can thank me for asking the question.

I can hardly keep up with the names in the stream, it's enough of a job even hearing them talk over the game ambience. @~@

But yes, thank you.

wait is flynn answering questions from the chat on the live stream? if so can someone ask if him is hte reason Nack didnt show up in pirate plunder panic is because he has something big involving him soon?

I am avoiding the stream cause I still wont be getting the game for a couple weeks

I think he meant to say Sonic's parents.

Tails' parents are Karl Bollers characters (I think)

IIRC, Tails's parents were struck down by a SEGA mandate involving the game cast not having families.

Why?

No, I mean Tails' parents. Like Aqua said, they were removed because of the "no relatives" mandate.

That was pretty much the reason. I knew they weren't Penders so I was confused and it was unexpected that you'd miss them, but I also didn't realise Sega was turning their characters into frickin orphans because Japan seems to like making their characters orphans or only have a single parent for some strange reason.

I don't see the logic in making your characters orphans and bloody boring in the backstories.

• Thumbs Up 1

I never have either. It honestly is a stupid rule to ban parent characters and such like that. It literally does destroy a characters backstory and makes them quite boring if they are all orphans. That's why I had always liked the comics before, because it wasn't like the games where it was all boring and lets just go fight Eggman and such like that and that's it.

Um... I know that there are several people who are less than pleased with the recent changes this comic has undergone, but can we not turn this thread into "Let's Bash and Trash the Games"? It's getting a bit uncomfortable to read here...

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm not trying to bash the games if that is how it comes across. I just don't want the comics to become like some of the last few games where the story is almost glazed over in favor of action and such like that. The comics have always been about an interesting story, whereas the games may not be the same sometimes, mainly because it hasn't had enough time to flesh them out or they didn't take the time to do so. I just want the comics to keep their long detailed story without throwing all that away.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think Sega would have problems with parent characters normally. The real problem is that these parents for Sonic and Tails, etc., were made up by the comic writers. Sonic's parents were never given any info or backstory in the games, and I think that's the real problem. Parents haven't been outright banned in the comics; CREAM has a mother, recall, who appeared in the games. If Sega feels that they should give Sonic characters parents they'll do it, they just haven't felt the need to do so.

• Thumbs Up 3

More tiddybits; Ian is fatigued by the Sonic/Sally thing and he's single on his watch now. 

Also red rings might be incorporated in the future. 

Also also Nega still can't be used for reasons. 

Edited by VEDJ-F

Now I can finally post, I must thank you for endorsing my art, goku. I should note though that I refined the normal wallpaper slightly since you made that resize (Bunnie now has her comic palette and more normal proportioning since I made the alternate version to balance it).

I'm not sure why, but I never got my validation email, not matter how many times I pressed that freakin' button. All of a sudden, I can now reply, despite still never getting that email.

Awesome, I'll make another one shortly.

So yeah, in the charity stream were getting allot of confirm and denials and allot of "Wait and see" answers. if anyone wants to make up a list of whats confirmed and denied after the streams done that would be great.

Awesome, I'll make another one shortly.

So yeah, in the charity stream were getting allot of confirm and denials and allot of "Wait and see" answers. if anyone wants to make up a list of whats confirmed and denied after the streams done that would be great.

ok, cant wait to read it, I hope someone asked and got a response about nack

To be honest I think the whole families mandate is stupid. Families make the characters deeper, and we get to see them in a home environment. I mean, there's not just this world inhabited solely by teenage anthros.

Professor Pickle confirmed to be appearing, most the events from the games already happened, well get some more details about the badnik horde and their commanders, if all things go according to plan we'll see knux soon oh and mighty ray and nack will show up sometime along the road

Professor Pickle confirmed to be appearing, most the events from the games already happened, well get some more details about the badnik horde and their commanders, if all things go according to plan we'll see knux soon oh and mighty ray and nack will show up sometime along the road

Yay, I was seriously hoping that Mighty, Ray and Nack are coming back

Question to anybody who got the lost worlds comic: can you please post some scans?

This page made me lose it in terms of foreshadowing

tumblr_mv8hpeZvjL1qd2mamo1_r1_1280.png

It looks like Countdown to Chaos and the next arc(s) will be based off of Unleashed and Sonic will be turning into the Werehog as well as Dark Gaia finally making its appearance. This is especially true considering it was just announced Professor Pickle will appear. Dis gun b gud.

It looks like Countdown to Chaos and the next arc(s) will be based off of Unleashed and Sonic will be turning into the Werehog as well as Dark Gaia finally making its appearance. This is especially true considering it was just announced Professor Pickle will appear. Dis gun b gud.

you mean in how Ant is going to continue to be cool, and needs a beard? and what if he turned too?

So the new comic universe is the game universe (with a majority of the game plots acting as backstory) and redesigned (more SEGASonic-esque) characters from the SatAM/Archie universe?

252-256 is the transition arc following the events of World's Collide and issue 257 is the first issue in the new comic universe?  

Got Sonic comic #254 in the mail today finally! 

*Reads above* Oh. Well, I guess I'm excited to see how the Unleashed story will be handled in future issues. 

Hm...considering Colours has happened, maybe Unleashed has happened too, thus this may actually be a continuation of Unleashed. I'd wager it is, as Flynn hardly seems the man to start messing up the series' canon.

Whoa... I already have the issue, but I totally didn't catch the actual coloring of Sonic's spikes in the third panel. The Werehog transformation has now gone from a hunch to "this will happen in the near future" for me.

Just placed my order, so hopefully this'll turn up Saturday morning before I have to go back to school. I'm certainly glad to see Antoine hasn't regained any cowardice. He was too much of a Luigi clone back in the comic's earlier issues for my liking.

so is there a high percent chance Scourge and Fiona Fox will be getting a redesign when they return in 2014 or 2015. 

so is there a high percent chance Scourge and Fiona Fox will be getting a redesign when they return in 2014 or 2015. 

both of them are in fact safe, and usable, its just they need to wait for things to cool down before they bring either of them back. also pretty sure we will get Nack back before either of them

People keep on saying things about the latest issue in spoilers, then saying things without spoilers which make it obvious to what the spoiler is about.

Can you please decide whether you want to spoil it or not?

• Thumbs Up 3

Just read SU#58, I'll throw my thoughts in spoilers so you can read or skip this post since I'm only vaguely following the current conversation.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Yardley writes a hell of a funny script, and he handles the voices of screwball characters like Bean and Marine extremely well. I especially cracked up at Bean's little soliloquy about rightfully being captain of Metal's ship and losing the "shiny" to Johnny, which is quickly followed by Blaze burning his hat and Bean saying "Forget it." In general, Yardley just does a great job with the characters in general, it again makes me wish he got more scripting gigs. For me, this is probably one of my favorite storylines yet; it's just pure fun and I feel like Yardley outdoes himself with each issue. I know I'm gushing on this story a lot, but there's very little I can find to dislike about it. Much as I'm interested in how "Countdown to Chaos" will turn out and how things are going to shape up in the Prime zone, this is still a nice break from all the craziness that's been going on in-universe and behind the scenes. Can't wait for the final issue, and then Shadow's back!

Now I just need to wait until next week to go pick up #254...

Edited by Zaysho