Awoo.

Sonic Adventure PSN/XBLA Port

Guest -FourKaySix-

They finally make some kind of Avatar Sonic shoe and they base them off the fugly ones from DX?

Lame.

And I thought nobody else would notice SADX shoes are the worst.

And I thought nobody else would notice SADX shoes are the worst.

other than being a little rounder than they should what is so bad about them again?

because I really didn't like the soap shoes.

• Thumbs Up 1

other than being a little rounder than they should what is so bad about them again?

There's no point on them at all and the toes come way over the sole. Looks bad.

Also, SOAP shoes sucked too.

Also, SOAP shoes sucked too.

ITT: People drink massive amounts of haterade

Srsly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Are we really giving the crap about the shape of Sonic shoes on avatars now?

*shakes head*

No, we aren't. We're commenting about something old that we didn't that will likely never been seen again unless there's another port of the game.

So like, any idea HOW the avatar awards are unlocked? I seriously got the shirts just shooting stuff in Gamma's Hot Shelter. I really don't know what triggered it.

I also got the number one spot on the leaderboards on what I thought was an "Okay" run of that level. I should actually try next time >>

Also, anyone else find it odd that the "Beat all story achievement" doesn't count Super Sonic's story? You get it as soon as you beat the 5 character's stories.

*sigh*

I dunno if it been posted but the leaderboards are wrecked now by hacked scores and times only few *sad twats trying to get there e-penis bigger by hacking* people have messed up the leaderboards for all now *sigh* I was hoping that they would of stayed legit for while oh well 8|

Also is anyone having problems with the camara it keeps on moving around when I'm not even touching the controller unless my controller is going mad now XD.

Edited by Shaddix

So like, any idea HOW the avatar awards are unlocked? I seriously got the shirts just shooting stuff in Gamma's Hot Shelter. I really don't know what triggered it.

I also got the number one spot on the leaderboards on what I thought was an "Okay" run of that level. I should actually try next time >>

Also, anyone else find it odd that the "Beat all story achievement" doesn't count Super Sonic's story? You get it as soon as you beat the 5 character's stories.

It says you get the shirt for doing 'Play Adventure mode with any game save for 5 hours', and the shoes it says 10 hours.

I'm assuming this just means log 5 hours, then 10 hours in gameplay time.

Ah. Well damn, I was wrapping the game up when I got it. Thanks for telling me that, was really confused.

Now to get emblem hunting. I really have no idea how to raise choa/what animals are good. I've gotten all the emblems before, but it was on the DX version. And I kinda ported over my super choa from SA2:B. I'll have to get reading up on that.

Shame to hear about the leaderboards, but it happens with almost every game. I just look at the scores and find the cut off point for what's legit and what's not, and am satisfied with that.

Edited by TonyTH

Question for y'all:

For the DLC, is Metal Sonic available from the start? Or do you will have to earn him? I'd rather have the prize for missions and emblems be gamer score and be able to play as Metal right off the bat.

In DX you had to get all 130 emblems to play as Metal, so I would assume it's the same, though I haven't got enough points to get the DX upgrade for the XBLA.

I hope there's no glitches in getting 130 without the upgrade and then getting the upgrade.

Huh...I just checked. I assumed he was, but I didn't see him in the trial selection, or any for that matter. Unless I'm missing something, that's a HORRIBLE mislead from the DLC description.

Anyone else bother to check?

I'm hoping you don't have to pay for DLC only to have to work hard to unlock said DLC. At the very least, make him a mission mode prize rather than an emblem prize. :P Not everyone is an emblem hunter, but everyone wants to be Metal Sonic.

Wow. I knew the DLC upgraded it to be Sonic Adventure DX, but I'd have thought this time that Metal Sonic would unlock automatically after buying the content.

Upgrade your copy of Sonic Adventure™ to the Director’s Cut version today and unlock 60 new missions, and Metal Sonic as a playable character! There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a25/

Says nothing about having to work for him after your purchase. Only a small amount of people will actually have the patience to earn all 130 emblems. This really isn't clear advertising.

They should either revise the DLC copy or offer a free piece of DLC that unlocks Metal. :P

Achievements really don't hint at it, only Metal mention is this: "Get Level A on all the Action Stages by using Metal Sonic."

Edited by Doctor Eggman

LOL TSSZ Gave SA1 a two star rating their review lol

http://www.tssznews....adventure-xbla/

Edit: aww the fluffy kitten filter is gone =( XD

In fact, by today’s standards, Sonic Adventure is almost as buggy and as broken as the legendary “ Sonic 2006“.

lulwut!?

Edited by Shaddix

Why would they have been Soap shoes anyways?

lulwut!?

I wouldn't say such a statement is that far off. It isn't as broken, but it definitely is close to being as buggy.

As much as it pains me to say it with how iffy and weird TSSZ can be I think that's the best and most honest review of the game I've read so far.

To be honest, I find SA and 2006 do control very similarly. It's just where SA is slippy, 2006 is stiff. 2006 is definitely worse, but it is also definitely comparable.

Edited by JezMM

I think that 'DLC' is a total rip off. While I did buy the game, I wont be bothering with the DLC. Half the price of the entire thing for 60 missions? No thanks. Especially considering most of them are an absolute ball ache.

As for the port itself; it's okay. Glitchy as hell and Emerald Coast still has two suns in the sky (lol), but for 800 points it's a pretty good deal. I agree with a lot of the reviews that've been posted online, but then again, you can still get quite a bit of enjoyment out of playing the Sonic stages at least. Definitely played worse 800 point Arcade titles in the past.

While SA certainly still is pretty buggy for a game, it's bugs are generally kinder to players IMO. The levels don't really have that many death traps, the only ones that have really tricky sections made worse by controls are Twinkle Park, and one or two of the later levels

I kind of like Adventures creativeness. Unlike later shoehorned gimmicks, it genuinely feels like they made an effort to make these characters adventures vary in an entertaining way while keeping the nature of the series intact. Plus the first attempt at character development and general plot that sort of holds up better than most story lines in more recent games. Tails and Amy gain a lot in this game (and both have their character development struck off later sigh)

But maybe thats because I have a special soft spot for adventure generally. I dunno...All I know is I'm enjoying playing thru it again regardless

While SA certainly still is pretty buggy for a game, it's bugs are generally kinder to players IMO. The levels don't really have that many death traps, the only ones that have really tricky sections made worse by controls are Twinkle Park, and one or two of the later levels

I kind of like Adventures creativeness. Unlike later shoehorned gimmicks, it genuinely feels like they made an effort to make these characters adventures vary in an entertaining way while keeping the nature of the series intact. Plus the first attempt at character development and general plot that sort of holds up better than most story lines in more recent games. Tails and Amy gain a lot in this game (and both have their character development struck off later sigh)

But maybe thats because I have a special soft spot for adventure generally. I dunno...All I know is I'm enjoying playing thru it again regardless

All those plus the excellent connections to the Genesis games really help. Angel Island's appearance, a believable reason for Knuckles to be a part of the plot, Sonic & Knuckles still being wary of each other, cameos from Silver Sonic II and Metal, a Sonic CD flashback, All very cool. Meanwhile, '06 definitely distanced itself from both the Genesis games and the Adventures.

I can't say I cared much about the character development in the game. I think I found it hard to take seriously because of the horribly exposistional dialogue. Character development is at it's best when the writers don't feel the need to make the character talk aloud to themselves about what they've learned. 8I

I know, I know, first time story and everything, but still. They handled that kinda stuff way better in SA2. Shadow was iffy.

I wouldn't say such a statement is that far off. It isn't as broken, but it definitely is close to being as buggy.

*Looks at Sonic Adventure, which to this day gives me hours of fun*

*Looks at Sonic 2006, which is one of the few video games I have absolutely hated*

Yeah, I really don't see it. I can recall falling through the floor in Sonic Adventure once, and the camera getting stuck, but with Sonic 2006 I've had:

- Falling through the floor

- The game crash

- Controls lock up

- Hit detection problems

- Clipping

- Unable to jump away from a wall as Rouge

Mind you, I don't know what glitches may have been added in Sonic Adventure DX, but I can safely say that I haven't even come close to having nearly as many problems in the DC version of SA1 as I did with Sonic 2006.