Awoo.

[Roleplay] SSMB Heroes Academy: Uprising - A Multiversal Adventure Beyond Fiction and Reality (Please Read First Page Before Joining)

Failinhearts

11 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

Though, Sally looked closely at the symbol... It was all too familiar to her, yet she wasn't sure why. Trying to remember, her head suddenly recieved a splitting pain, putting her down to her knees. "U-Unit... three-ee-eeeee--... What the heck...?" Rubbing her head, she tried to make sense of it, causing her to fall out of the fight!

Alisa see's Sally go down and rushes to her side. "Hey, are you okay? Can you hear me?" She returns her God Arc to her back and gently lifts Sally up into her arms. "W-We have another problem here, guys..."

Alisa tries to hang back while carrying Sally. She couldn't fight and keep her safe at the same time.

4 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

"Oh... my... Writers." Kyubey mutters, shaking. "Did he just... combine those... with that.... to make that?!"

Daniel looks at the Monokuma, then to Kyubey, back to Monkuma and then to Kyubey again. "I-I'm guessing it was before our time..." He wasn't sure how to react, but he figured he'd play it safe and be afraid.

"Just another target with a different face. Makes no difference to me!" Jack commented, looking very disinterested at the new enemies.

• Thumbs Up 4

"They... just look like Monokumas in armor to me." Komaru says.

Kyubey puts his ear flap against Komaru's lips. "They aren't just Monokumas in armor pal! I know what they did! Monokuma just made some reeeeal bad hybrids!"

Komaru looks back at the new Monokuma army.

"Hybrids?" She asked.

Kyubey gestures at the remains of the crate, noting the Kaos symbol from the remains. Komaru's eyes widen in understanding. This is certainly not like any Monokuma she's faced.

"These guys here? Monokuma/Arkeyan hybrids! You know what an Arkeyan is? A race that combines magic with tech. A powerful robot race that once ruled Skylands 10'000 years ago! So... take the most despair-inducing thing you can think of, ie. Monokumas aaaand merge then with robotic warlords that took over an entire universe? THAT'S a bad combo, to put it lightly!" Kyubey explains.

• Thumbs Up 6

"Urgh..." Tesla groaned and grimaced as she held her hands to her waist. "Combining magic and tech... I think I'm gonna be sick..."

"You can't be sick, Tess," Amber pointed out as she licked her paw. "You don't even have a stomach."

"Well, I know that if I did, I would be sick!"

Voidica, meanwhile, was downright terrified to hear about this. After all, she knew one instance of magic combined with technology all too well. "Y... you mean it's as if w-we're f-fighting an army of M-M-Monokuma and C-Ch-Charn hybrids?!" she asked Kyubey. "P-Please say it isn't! PLEASE SAY IT ISN'T!"

• Thumbs Up 5

14 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

The crate continues to shake. It only gets more and more furious until...

BANG!

One side of the crate bursts open, causing the other sides to crumble to the floor. What awaits are Monokumas of the likes no Skylander have seen before.

They looked much more robotic than usual, some sporting what appears to be ancient gladatorial armor.

Monokuma from the screen clears his throats. "Ladies and geeeeentlemen, meet the Ultron, Duelist, Orb, Rip-Rotor, Crackler, Juggarnaut, Hammah, Drill and Knuckleduster Monokumaaaas! Puhuhuhu!"

With a collective, menacing "Puhuhuhu" from the new bear breeds, they prepare for battle, staring down at the Skylanders.

"Oh... my... Writers." Kyubey mutters, shaking. "Did he just... combine those... with that.... to make that?!"

"Whoa... And I thought the last Monokuma were pretty weird looking." Aspen shuddered, 

"I mean, they were weird looking." Ashlyn said as she pointed to the Ball and Junk Monokuma, "But these guys are pretty darn weird as well

8 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

"They... just look like Monokumas in armor to me." Komaru says.

Kyubey puts his ear flap against Komaru's lips. "They aren't just Monokumas in armor pal! I know what they did! Monokuma just made some reeeeal bad hybrids!"

Komaru looks back at the new Monokuma army.

"Hybrids?" She asked.

Kyubey gestures at the remains of the crate, noting the Kaos symbol from the remains. Komaru's eyes widen in understanding. This is certainly not like any Monokuma she's faced.

"These guys here? Monokuma/Arkeyan hybrids! You know what an Arkeyan is? A race that combines magic with tech. A powerful robot race that once ruled Skylands 10'000 years ago! So... take the most despair-inducing thing you can think of, ie. Monokumas aaaand merge then with robotic warlords that took over an entire universe? THAT'S a bad combo, to put it lightly!" Kyubey explains.

Pixels kicked a piece of monokuma aside and turned his attention to the newcomer Monokuma. Pixels gulped as he lifted his fists in defense. He approached his new friends looking at them with serious eyes.

"This is bad..." Pixels muttered, "I those last ones were pretty tricky... if we're combining magic and technology, then we're really gonna have to keep our guard up. Who knows what tricks a Monokuma with magic could have up their sleeve!"

"I certainly wouldn't come to their magic shows, that's for sure." Ashlyn agreed as she got into a fighting position.

• Thumbs Up 4

6 minutes ago, Spin Attaxx said:

Voidica, meanwhile, was downright terrified to hear about this. After all, she knew one instance of magic combined with technology all too well. "Y... you mean it's as if w-we're f-fighting an army of M-M-Monokuma and C-Ch-Charn hybrids?!" she asked Kyubey. "P-Please say it isn't! PLEASE SAY IT ISN'T!"

Kyubey thinks for a moment...

"...Whatever helps you sleep at night."

The Arkeyan Monokumas waste no time getting into the fight, with the Rip-Rotor Monokuma spinning towards the Skylanders like a top, its axe-arms extended out to slice anyone and anything up.

Komaru readies her Hacking Gun, noticing another Siren Monokuma. She fires another Dance Bullet, making the Siren Monokuma dance... but the Arkeyans were unfazed, eyes still locked on the Skylanders.

263?cb=20170629150225

"DANCEDOESN'TWORKDANCEDOESN'TWORK!" Komaru panics.

• Thumbs Up 4

15 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

"Sooooo...is the history lesson over?" Jack listened to Kyubey to, but still didn't seem interested.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170629230749

"We get it, the bunny is a chicken. Can I smash them now?" Daniel gently pulls at her shirt. "Please calm down Toko Senpai. Maybe we should discuss a strategy first." Jack responds by kicking him away. "Wah!" "Don't touch me, short stuff!"

"Hmm...we never had a proper chat about the whole split personality thing, did we?" Dave says as Daniel lays on the ground.

Daniel wasn't really hurt, he just fell over. Still, he was disappointed he couldn't get Jack to listen to him. He remains there thinking for a while.

• Thumbs Up 4

5 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

The Arkeyan Monokumas waste no time getting into the fight, with the Rip-Rotor Monokuma spinning towards the Skylanders like a top, its axe-arms extended out to slice anyone and anything up.

Komaru readies her Hacking Gun, noticing another Siren Monokuma. She fires another Dance Bullet, making the Siren Monokuma dance... but the Arkeyans were unfazed, eyes still locked on the Skylanders.

263?cb=20170629150225

"DANCEDOESN'TWORKDANCEDOESN'TWORK!" Komaru panics.

"That's right Slowpokemaru! We upgraded our robots so they don't fall for those alarm Monokumas being backstabbers anymore, so haha!" Masaru shouted, laughing madly as he did so.

As he did this, Yuta walked over, shaking Komaru wildly to try calm her down out of her panic. He wasn't really sure if it was going to actually work, but keeping her going into a panic when she's the only one with the Hacking Gun was a good idea. 

"I'm going to have nightmares about teddy bears for weeks". Kat said, shuttering as she got ready for a fight.

• Thumbs Up 3

11 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

"WE'REGONNADIEWE'REGONNADIEWE'REGONNADIE!!!" Voidica screamed, hugging Komaru's shin while she herself was panicking. Kyubey's words hadn't done much to inspire hope in her.

Amber walked over to Voidica and gently nuzzled up to her. "Hey, it's OK," she said reassuringly. "They may be sadistic, but they're not smart like Charn is. I doubt they're even as smart as the real Monokuma is! And besides, it's not like they're packing Death magic, or that we can't do anything to them!"

"W-Well, when you put it like that, I guess..." Voidica, hearing Amber's words, calmed down and hugged the fire kitty. "Thank you, Miss Amber!"

Tesla ignored the sappy scene and, remembering Komaru's earlier words, launched a bolt of Electric magic into the red eye of one of the Arkeyans. As it struck, she wondered how effective it would be.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Spin Attaxx said:

Tesla ignored the sappy scene and, remembering Komaru's earlier words, launched a bolt of Electric magic into the red eye of one of the Arkeyans. As it struck, she wondered how effective it would be.

The lightning hits the Crackler Monokuma... yet it vanishes. Behind Tesla is the Crackler again, tackling Tesla to the ground, laughing how she fell for its illusion.

Komaru, thanks to Yuta snaps back to normal. When her focus comes to, she notices the Rip-Rotor Monokuma spinning towards her. Jumping out of the way, it hits a rope attached to a building. It seems like it was its plan all along.

Next to another building, the Duelist Monokuma uses its sword to cut another rope. As does the Knuckleduster and Drill Monokumas.

Kyubey looks up. "...They weren't going for us..."

More cut ropes begin falling, revealing that they were holding up a massive cage in the sky, falling down on the Skylanders and holding them captive.

"It's a TRAP!" He yells.

The bigger of the Arkeyan Monokumas, Juggarnaut and Ultron turn to the screen.

"MAS-TER MASARU. WE A-WAIT OR-DERS. SHALL WE KILL THEM HERE, OR BRING THEM TO THE KILL-O-SEE-UM FOR PUBLIC EX-E-CUTION?" The Juggarnaut asks in a booming voice.

Monaca turns to Masaru. "It's Masaru's choice. Chooose wisely!"

• Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

The lightning hits the Crackler Monokuma... yet it vanishes. Behind Tesla is the Crackler again, tackling Tesla to the ground, laughing how she fell for its illusion.

Komaru, thanks to Yuta snaps back to normal. When her focus comes to, she notices the Rip-Rotor Monokuma spinning towards her. Jumping out of the way, it hits a rope attached to a building. It seems like it was its plan all along.

Next to another building, the Duelist Monokuma uses its sword to cut another rope. As does the Knuckleduster and Drill Monokumas.

Kyubey looks up. "...They weren't going for us..."

More cut ropes begin falling, revealing that they were holding up a massive cage in the sky, falling down on the Skylanders and holding them captive.

"It's a TRAP!" He yells.

The bigger of the Arkeyan Monokumas, Juggarnaut and Ultron turn to the screen.

"MAS-TER MASARU. WE A-WAIT OR-DERS. SHALL WE KILL THEM HERE, OR BRING THEM TO THE KILL-O-SEE-UM FOR PUBLIC EX-E-CUTION?" The Juggarnaut asks in a booming voice.

Monaca turns to Masaru. "It's Masaru's choice. Chooose wisely!"

Masaru closes his eyes for a minute, deep in thought as he tries to figure out the next option to take. Killing them now would be the most logical option, no chance of escape...but something hits Masaru, changing his thought process, as he opened his eyes, revealing them to have turned into despair-swirls. 

latest?cb=20170629133159

"Big Sis Junko and Monaca must be impressed by my skills as a hero! We need to make an example of these demons by executing them publically! That way we can force their demon pals back home to watch in despair at their demon allies die so they'll fall into despair even more! With them in despair, we can easily crush them and take over to build paradise!" Masaru shouted.

"Sound like a good idea?" Masaru said, asking Monokuma and Monaca.

• Thumbs Up 4

Monaca nods. "Inspiring words of a true hero, Masaru!"

"You heard the kid! Bring 'em to the Killoseum!" Monokuma barks.

Ultron and Juggarnaut nod to each other as they walk over to the cage that contains all the Skylanders. Effortlessly, the two Arkeyan hybrids pick it up and make their wsy to the Killoseum.

"Well... look at the bright side." Makoto tells the others. "This is a one way ticket to the Killoseum."

"At the cost of our dignity..." Kyubey groans.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Failinhearts said:

Monaca nods. "Inspiring words of a true hero, Masaru!"

"You heard the kid! Bring 'em to the Killoseum!" Monokuma barks.

Ultron and Juggarnaut nod to each other as they walk over to the cage that contains all the Skylanders. Effortlessly, the two Arkeyan hybrids pick it up and make their wsy to the Killoseum.

"Well... look at the bright side." Makoto tells the others. "This is a one way ticket to the Killoseum."

"At the cost of our dignity..." Kyubey groans.

Masaru bows towards the TV that was now broadcasting now only around Towa City, but around the entire multiverse. He was ready to bask in the glory and attention of being a great hero, just as soon as the Skylanders were dealt with. Before leaving to the Killoseum, Masaru took the time to grab a sheet of paper and began scribbling on it, pasting it up on the TV screen to act as the cliffhanger during the commercial break.

"Dedicated to the Skylanders, hope you demons enjoy watching your friends die!" - The Hero.

• Thumbs Up 3

"No!" Aspen cried out. Before anyone could do anything, or make an escape, the cage slamming around them.

Aspen,not wanting to give up did all he could to try and make an escape for everyone. He tried bending the bars, lifting the cage open, and even attempted to punch through the bars. Unfortunately, when it comes to wood vs steel, steel will always win in the end. Aspen eventually stopped, resting faceforward on the bars. Pixels, who had gotten light power from a sandwich, tried to see if he could cut through, while Ashlyn attempted to bend the bars as well. Aspen shook his head, still resting on the bars.

"Guys, its no use... We're trapped!"

"At least we wont have to walk to the Killoseum, huh?" Ashlyn smiled, trying to lighten the mood.

• Thumbs Up 4

"Wow...such a novice mistake, standing in a group like that to be rounded up easily. Boy my face is red." Dave says as he was clearly irritated.

Alisa was speechless as she still held Sally in her arms and Daniel was laying on the floor, having been knocked over by Genocide Jack.

*ACHOO!*

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170701164516

"W-W-What happened?" Toko asks after reverting back to her normal self.

However, her question was met with complete silence. The situation was pretty bad at the moment.

• Thumbs Up 4

“Yep! Let’s sit back in our tour cage and give those folks a show!” Mo said as he laid back in the cage oblivious to their fate.

”Great......” Burnie and Skeet said unison.

“Geez, being in a cage feels like I’m heading to the pound or something.” The green feline added.

This Killoseusm is not gonna be pleasant.

• Thumbs Up 2

A swarm of Monokuka kids run towards the cage as the two large Monokumas carrying it, singing a song as the Skylanders continue to be walked to their so-called "deaths".

Guard Monokumas get in the way of the children, acting like security guards for celebrities surrounded by constant paparazzi. This doesn't stop the kids from throwing tomatoes at the Skylanders while continuing to sing...

Kyubey plugs his ears with his plug. "You know what I hate about being a program?"

"What?" Makoto asks.

"You automatically translate any language spoken... or sang. Trust me, you do NOT wanna hear these lyrics." Kyubey replies.

Komaru scratches her head. "Wait... do we speak English or Japanese anyway? If it's the latter, this makes no sense."

"Leave the meta jokes for later..." Kyubey groans.

• Thumbs Up 3

"Oookay! They're playing music!" Ashlyn chuckled nervously, "How... fun! It's like a nice little welcome for us! Hehehehe!!!"

2 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

"You automatically translate any language spoken... or sang. Trust me, you do NOT wanna hear these lyrics." Kyubey replies.Komaru scratches her head. "Wait... do we speak English or Japanese anyway? If it's the latter, this makes no sense."

"Leave the meta jokes for later..." Kyubey groans.

"Heh heh! Naaah! I'm sure you're misunderstanding just another version of It's a Small world!" Ashlyn assured her friends, "It's an all time Disney classic! Come on guys sing along!"

Ashlyn then tries to sing "It's a Small World" to the tune of the demented little ditty. Pixels sighed as he rubbed the space between his eyes and slunk down to the floor, the singing from Ashlyn and the children lowering his morale.

"I dunno which is worse." Pixels sighed, "The fact that we're being dragged by our tails to a gladiator-style match with who knows what, or listening to a sadistic parody of a Disney song... and listening to your sister sing along with different lyrics... no offense Aspen."

"Meh..." Aspen shrugged, sitting down as well. "All of them are pretty bad."

• Thumbs Up 4

Knuckles began slamming his fists at the bars, trying to break the bars off in order for the Skylanders to make an escape so they aren't in a disadvantage when they finally come face to face with the person pulling their strings. However, Knuckles' fists simply slammed off the bars, damaging his knuckles somewhat.

"Alright alright alright, gotta stay calm, just going to a place where they want to kill us with a bunch of insane people who killed me before, no reason to panic right...?" Yuta began to say to himself, trying to calm himself down desperately.

• Thumbs Up 4

Normally, Burnie would’ve been annoyed to have tomatoes thrown at him, but frankly he’s quite glad that his red fur at least blends in with it.

“Yeah...I’m kinda glad I can’t understand them cause I don’t want to know what they’re singing about...” Skeet said getting creeped by the children’s music and if the Mandrak sibling’s words were any indication, it was definitely giving unsettling vibes of a certain song.

Mo was still blind to the Skylanders getting booed, the blue tyke was enjoying this soon to be crusade too much.

”That’s right!” He cheered. “bask in the glory of us Skylanders!....NO AUTOGRAPHS TIL AFTER THE MATCH!”

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Emperor Robrainiac said:

"Heh heh! Naaah! I'm sure you're misunderstanding just another version of It's a Small world!" Ashlyn assured her friends, "It's an all time Disney classic! Come on guys sing along!"

"Really, now? Let me know if they speak of mass genocide next time you go to Disney World." Kyubey snarks.

The program then simply curls up in a ball to nap, trying to sleep this whole thing off. Makoto simply sits next to Komaru. The younger sister twiddles her thumbs nervously as the two sit in silence.

"...You really had to go through all this, huh?" Makoto asks.

Komaru nods. "Yeah..."

Her older brother puts his hand on her hair. "Hey. Whether or not we get through this... I'm proud of you, Komaru... for being able to endure this twice."

Komaru smiles. "Thanks, Makoto..."

"I mean, I'm just speaking hypothetically about the whether or not part, eheheheh..." Makoto chuckles. "Because I certainly have hope we'll make it through this!"

• Thumbs Up 2

Voidica puffed up her cheek and sat down on the cage floor. "W-Well, we were trying to go there anyway... so it's not all bad!" She smiled warmly and took in all the sights on the way there. She then turned over and looked down into the floor once she remembered what there even was to see (and tried to forget it again).

Amber looked around the cage and smiled. Well, they were getting a free ride, so... nap time! She curled up and settled down to sleep, providing glowing warmth for the other Skylanders.

Tesla, humiliated that she fell for a trap devised by mechanical minds, slumped up against the bars of the cage and grumpily crossed her arms. Feeling the electric bars, however, she grew a genuine smile. The volts coarsing through her were actually rather stress relieving. Maybe this wasn't totally horrible after all.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

"Really, now? Let me know if they speak of mass genocide next time you go to Disney World." Kyubey snarks.

"Just... Just let her have this, man." Aspen glared at Kyubey, "It doesn't really matter, as long as it keeps her morale up."

Aspen felt a tomato hit the back of his head. Shrugging it off, he peels it off and began to eat it, thinking of a strategy as to what he and Ashlyn could do once they're set free. Considering this was a city they were currently in, it was going to be difficult to have plants aid them in their escape or impeding fight. Of course, they've fought without using their powers of vegitation. He knew they would have to wait and see what situation they would be in before coming up with something.

Meanwhile, Pixels continued to scan the bars around the cage they were in, hoping to find a weak bar. He shook, trying his hardest to resist the urge to throw tomatoes back at the children, and tugged on the bars, hoping to find a loose one.

• Thumbs Up 3

Makoto looks at the resting Kyubey. His eyebrow raises. There's no way someone like Kyubey would just want to sleep peacefully with a disturbing song echoing throughout the city. He inches closer to him and notices a pair of headphones on him. Makoto could even notice Kyubey's head slowly bopping to the beat of whatever's playing.

"...Now that makes more sense." Makoto lightly chuckles.

• Thumbs Up 2

Blaze stared out the cage, at the two hybrids. She wanted to destroy them to allow an escape, and she was likely able to, but she resisted. The purple cat knew that doing so would make the situation far worse than it had to be, and endanger everyone else... If she wanted allies, or even friends, amongst the oddities, she needed to think about them when deciding her choices. Irritated, she sighs and seats herself facing the bars.

"With patience, we will escape these children," Blaze spoke up. "We just need to find the right opportunity."

1 hour ago, DanJ86 said:

Alisa see's Sally go down and rushes to her side. "Hey, are you okay? Can you hear me?" She returns her God Arc to her back and gently lifts Sally up into her arms. "W-We have another problem here, guys..."

Alisa tries to hang back while carrying Sally. She couldn't fight and keep her safe at the same time.

"Uurrrghhh..."

Sally slowly stirred back to her senses, wriggling in Alisa's arms, dazed and confused. Groaning, she asks slowly, "Whuuuhh...? Where am I? What happened?" She looked to her side, only to see bars, to which her eyes widened awake with shock. "Oh no."

She may be completely lost on what's happening, but Sally knew trouble when she saw it.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Polkadi said:

"Uurrrghhh..."

Sally slowly stirred back to her senses, wriggling in Alisa's arms, dazed and confused. Groaning, she asks slowly, "Whuuuhh...? Where am I? What happened?" She looked to her side, only to see bars, to which her eyes widened awake with shock. "Oh no."

She may be completely lost on what's happening, but Sally knew trouble when she saw it.

Alisa is glad Sally is back so she gently places her on the ground, sitting up. "Are you feeling alright? I'm afraid we've been captured..." She stays by Sally's side while she recovers.

Toko sits next to Komaru, she was trying to fight back the tears that were falling from her eyes.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170701164507

"K-K-Komaru...I-I-I failed to p-protect you a-again. I-I-I'm so s-s-sorry..." *sniff*

All the Skylanders could hear was her weeping softly under the noise of that strange music, Daniel has not yet moved but he starts to understand why Toko had been acting differently.

He sits up and whispers to Dave. "She's tortured by guilt. We have to help her through this." Dave already knew that, but still interjects. "I doubt whatever we say will ease her pain...only her best friend can do that..." Dave looks back at Toko in pity. Daniel sits up, not wanting to give up. "But..."

Then he looks over in sadness at Toko and Komaru, he doesn't say anything else, he knows his ghostly accomplice is right.

• Thumbs Up 3