Awoo.

[Roleplay] SSMB Heroes Academy: Uprising - A Multiversal Adventure Beyond Fiction and Reality (Please Read First Page Before Joining)

Failinhearts

"Damn bear made them brats more irritating than before." Toko grumbles at the familiar scene that's playing out.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170701164034

She then stands by Komaru's side and places her hand on Komaru's shoulder. "It's going to be okay Komaru. W-We'll beat them together like we did before and save everybody." @Failinhearts

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170701164449

Alisa on the other hand, was taking what she's seeing pretty hard. "My childhood was stolen by tragedy...could I have become something like this?"

Dave speaks up. "Don't listen to any of these parlour games. They're just messing with our heads just like they did in that movie." Dave remained confident and unimpressed. Was the knowledge that this wasn't real and that those are androids making him take all this lightly? Daniel remained in his statue like state though.

• Thumbs Up 4

"Are... these the kids we're supposed to be saving?" Aspen asked, dumbfounded, "Cause... they seem kind of villainous to me."

"Like I said, Aspen," Pixels said, "These are copies of the real ones... Although..."

Pixels furrowed his brow as he looked at the girl in the wheel chair, scratching his chin as if he were trying to remember something.

"I don't seeing that one with the kids before..." 

"Awww! I don't care how vicious and bloodthirsty they are!" Ashlyn cooed at the Warriors of Hope. "They're all so cute! I just wanna hug all of them!"

8 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

"I-I'm not trying to be 'adorbs', and I'm not saying we shouldn't have fun killing these demons, but do you think we should be more threatening? We csn't strike fear into the hearts of demons like this!" Nagisa says back to Kotoko.

Suddenly, a whirring sound can be heard. Slowly and slowly, the sound gets closer until the one making the sound appears on screen. What the Skylanders see is a girl on a wheelchair, a girl whose face seems familiar to some of them.

"Monaca asks, why can't we have both? We have fun, and have them fear us! It's suuuuper easy!" Monaca Towa says to her fellow Warriors.

"Monaca will tell them that we'll hunt them down... tear them apart piece by piece... play with the remains and then throw them in with the rest. Horrible for them, hours of enjoyment for us..." She threatens.

"Cute huh?" Aspen cringed as soon as Monaca's demeanor changed, "No offence, but Playing with our corpses is not something I'd consider cute, sis."

"Joke's on them, though!" Ashlyn boasted, her hands on her hips and and grinning widely, "When we die we'll wilt into a bunch of ash! Let's see them play with that!"

"Yeah! Reassuring! Thanks for the thought sis." Aspen shouted at his sister,

"Hmmm... Then again, they could easily use your ashes for a sand box couldn't th-"

Aspen bonked Pixels on the top of his head, trembling with both irritation and fear.

"NOT HELPING!" The mandrake brother cried out.

• Thumbs Up 3

Monaca then turns to the Skylanders.

318?cb=20170629140856

"Now then, let's play some Demon Hunting! Our Monokumas know where you are in this city, and they will track you down! You better beat them and find your way to our Killoseums! There, you will face us Warriors of Hope one-on-one! Hehehehe! This'll be so fuuuun!"

Monaca then waves her hand, saying goodbye to the Skylanders as Monokuma pushes a button, shutting off the transmission.

The game has officially begun, and the Skylanders need to traverse this gory labyrinth. The question is... where to first?

• Thumbs Up 4

13 minutes ago, Emperor Robrainiac said:

"Are... these the kids we're supposed to be saving?" Aspen asked, dumbfounded, "Cause... they seem kind of villainous to me."

"Like I said, Aspen," Pixels said, "These are copies of the real ones... Although..."

Pixels furrowed his brow as he looked at the girl in the wheel chair, scratching his chin as if he were trying to remember something.

"I don't seeing that one with the kids before..." 

"Awww! I don't care how vicious and bloodthirsty they are!" Ashlyn cooed at the Warriors of Hope. "They're all so cute! I just wanna hug all of them!"

"Wait, now I'm a bit confused, copies or not, aren't the originals also bad guys", Tails said, scratching his head in confusion.

Sonic the Hedgehog shrugged. "Who knows? Either way though, it'd be kinda rotten of us to leave them to the wolves!"

"Knowing how things go with that universe, I'd hazard a guess they reformed", Tron Bonne mused. @Failinhearts "Either way, Servbots! Make sure to mobilize for action", she ordered.

The servbots complied getting things into order.

"Hmm, ruined city and boss rush. Two things we're familiar with, right Tails?", Sonic said.

"Y-yup! Still though we always fight it out to end!", the two tailed fox confirmed with a thumbs up!

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

"Wait, now I'm a bit confused, copies or not, aren't the originals also bad guys", Tails said, scratching his head in confusion.

Sonic the Hedgehog shrugged. "Who knows? Either way though, it'd be kinda rotten of us to leave them to the wolves!"

"Knowing how things go with that universe, I'd hazard a guess they reformed", Tron Bonne mused. @Failinhearts "Either way, Servbots! Make sure to mobilize for action", she ordered.

Makoto nods at Tron, confirming that the real deals have reformed.

However, the Skylanders look around, unsure of where to go next. Where is the first "Killoseum" Monaca mentioned? They have to make a decision soon, or else Monokumas will come after them...

• Thumbs Up 4

"Those children need to be disciplined" Kirumi said as she watched the introductions with everyone. Ayumu seemed shocked by the news.

FANDOM_ReBirth_Fujimori_Ayumu_Sprite_4.p

Spoiler

Credit to Miwashiba

"The...Killoseum..!? I really don't like the sound of that...." Ayumu said with a frightened tone. Sion however took it in her stride. "We have to play by their rules unfortunately" she said, "the sooner we beat these children, the sooner we'll get this over with." Sion seemed eager to get the Challenge over with. No one liked the tense atmosphere Monaca and her friends created.

• Thumbs Up 3

Makoto pats Ayumu on the back, trying to ease the young boy.  "We'll all be fine, Ayumu. Just stay close to us." He assures him.

Meanwhile, Kyubey thinks to himself. There's a lot of roads and paths to go through, but only one leads to the Killoseum. Suddenly, he snaps the "fingers" on one of his ear flaps. "Aha! This is LOG's world! I'm a LOG creation! Both of us share similar code! Maybe if I can connect to the database..."

Kyubey closes his eyes before the immediately fly open, his eyes displaying a projection. As he moves his head towards the ground, he notices projected dotted lines that catches everybody's attention.

Komaru looks at Kyubey, tapping him on the head. "What... is that?"

"It's a game, Ko. Many games have specific pathways designed for the player to go through in order to progress the story. I'm able to find the developer's intended path, you can say." Kyubey explains with a chuckle.

• Thumbs Up 4

"Stuck in a maze with child psychopaths, and Monokumas out to get us," Sally says, crossing her arms with irritation. The challenge was of no fun to her, but she had to do it, or else. "Where did I go wrong in life...?"

Blaze only snarls. "I'm not going to be threatened by children!" she states, as she summons flames in her hands.

59 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

"Hmm, ruined city and boss rush. Two things we're familiar with, right Tails?", Sonic said.

"Y-yup! Still though we always fight it out to end!", the two tailed fox confirmed with a thumbs up!

Sally waves it off, replying, "I'd rather we try and be careful, guys." Looking around the gruesome city, the chipmunk shook her head at the sight, as she continues, "Knowing Monokuma, he's gonna have some tricks up his sleeves to get us. And I really don't want anything to happen to you guys here. So let's just stay on our toes, and try--"

Whooshing of flames can be heard as Blaze begins running off in no direction in particular to find these Killoseums. They had to be somewhere, and she wanted to defeat these freaks to get to Monokuma faster!

"...Err, Sonic?" Sally points off behind the blue hedgehog, with much surprise visible on her face. "Your girlfriend?"

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1

33 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

Meanwhile, Kyubey thinks to himself. There's a lot of roads and paths to go through, but only one leads to the Killoseum. Suddenly, he snaps the "fingers" on one of his ear flaps. "Aha! This is LOG's world! I'm a LOG creation! Both of us share similar code! Maybe if I can connect to the database..."

Kyubey closes his eyes before the immediately fly open, his eyes displaying a projection. As he moves his head towards the ground, he notices projected dotted lines that catches everybody's attention.

"It's a game, Ko. Many games have specific pathways designed for the player to go through in order to progress the story. I'm able to find the developer's intended path, you can say." Kyubey explains with a chuckle.

"Good thinking, Kyubey!" Pixels smiled, as he observed the dotted lines, "Looks like we wont be be wandering around aimlessly!"

Ashlyn kneeled down to Kyubey and began to tap his head, curious as to how Kyubey's power worked.

"Dude, that is so. Cool." Ashlyn gasped with awe, "You're like a cat-rabbit-hacker thingy with projector eyes! Can you play movies with them? Is there different settings?"

14 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

"Stuck in a maze with child psychopaths, and Monokumas out to get us," Sally says, crossing her arms with irritation. The challenge was of no fun to her, but she had to do it, or else. "Where did I go wrong in life...?"

"Hey, it could be worse. Like uh... uh..." Aspen paused to figure a scenario to reassure Sally, "We could be stuck in a... temple with, uh, adult psychopaths... and a bunch of actual grizzly bears out to get us! Eh? Eh?"

Silence... that's all Aspen's incredibly half-assed attempt at cheering up Sally was met with. Aspen stopped smiling, sighed and his face met with his palm.

"Yeah, I'm not good at this thing, alright?!" Aspen groaned, walking away from the princess.

"I think he's trying to say that we can get through this." Ashlyn spoke up, "This adventure looks like a toughie, but... you know! My brother and I have your back... Heck, you have friends on your side! Believe me, if it was just you, it'd be pretty worrying.

Ashlyn laughed awkwardly as she followed her brother sheepishly, "Well, that's what I think, anyway. I'm not the best pep talker either, but... well I tried." 

• Thumbs Up 4

9 hours ago, Failinhearts said:

"Sweet, so bunny boy has found us a path." Dave said as he looked at the projected map. "I'll fly up high into the air and see if there's any unpleasant surprises hanging around." After he said that, he zipped high up for as long as he could until a strange invisible force prevented him from going any further. "Ugh...huh? Is this another game mechanic?" He looks around and can just about make out several hundred red dots scattered around, trying to adjust his vision, he can just about see what they are.

danganronpa-13-6-monokuma.jpg

For the first time, he's feeling pretty nervous. He flies back down to the group and doesn't say anything for a while.

"...Sooooo...anyone watch Game of Thrones last night?"

His question made no sense but his expression showed a look a deep fear.

• Thumbs Up 3

8 hours ago, Emperor Robrainiac said:

"Good thinking, Kyubey!" Pixels smiled, as he observed the dotted lines, "Looks like we wont be be wandering around aimlessly!"

Ashlyn kneeled down to Kyubey and began to tap his head, curious as to how Kyubey's power worked.

"Dude, that is so. Cool." Ashlyn gasped with awe, "You're like a cat-rabbit-hacker thingy with projector eyes! Can you play movies with them? Is there different settings?"

"I don't think I can do anything else with them..." Kyubey replies, thinking. "But damn, it would be awesome if I could!"

The program proceeds to lead the way, following the highlighter path to the first Killoseum. Meanwhile, Makoto and Komaru walk together. The brother pointing his fingers wherever he thinks a Monokuma while strike while Komaru grips tightly onto her Hacking Gun.

"It's... scary, going through this again." Komaru says. "But... if I did it once, I can do it twice! Besides, I got you, Toki and Yuta to help fight!"

Makoto nods with a small smile. "Yeah. Honestly, it's better this than another Killing Game for me. I don't want to live through another wave of distrust..."

• Thumbs Up 4

Omega, Crash and Aku-Aku followed Kyubey's designated path. While the walking arsenal was eager to tear apart anything that may stand in their way, Crash was too horrified by what he'd seen. The poor bandicoot could barely think straight! "Remember, Crash. This is merely a simulation we are in..." said Aku-Aku, trying to calm Crash's nerves. However, inside even he was taken aback by what this world had to offer. In all his life, the ancient mask hadn't seen anything this messed up...

"ARE WE THERE YET?" Omega asked, impatient as usual. "THE SOONER WE GET TO DESTROY THESE SIMULATIONS, THE BETTER!"

• Thumbs Up 5

Voidica was amazed as Kyubey literally made a path for everyone to follow. "Wow, Mister Kyubey, you're really something!" she complimented while walking alongside him and shaking his ear-flap.

Amber smiled as she followed along the dotted line. "Mmm, this makes things easier on us," Amber said. "No need to give ourselves headaches as we work out where to go... isn't technology great, Tesla?"

"...I was told that if you don't have anything nice to say, you shouldn't say anything at all," Tesla grumbled, folding her arms. "...but, I must concede... the bundle of code has proved useful so far..."

"See, Tess?" Amber cheerfully replied. "It's not so bad just because it isn't magic-based!"

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Failinhearts said:

"It's... scary, going through this again." Komaru says. "But... if I did it once, I can do it twice! Besides, I got you, Toki and Yuta to help fight!"

Yuta's eyes shot open when he heard his name being mentioned. He was going to fight Monokumas? With what? He didn't have a hacking gun, or finger bullets. Could he make a water spear that could travel further than ten feet being destroying? What on Earth was he going to do. Despite that, he kept himself quiet as he continued walking.

As the Skylanders continued walking through the complete wasteland that was Towa City, several of the Monokuma children looked at them while doing various superhero and grand gestures towards them.

"...Not creepy whatsoever..." Knuckles muttered. 

"...Speak for yourself...it feels like I'm walking through a zombie graveyard but instead of people, it's teddy bears". Kat responded. "...I miss the days I could see a teddy bear as something nice and cute". She added.

• Thumbs Up 7

Toko gets out her taser to test it, confirming that it is functioning normally, she also opens the back, exposing the batteries. "I-I'll need to be careful not to overuse this, unless we can find more batteries like last time." She keeps the taser in her hand after putting the back back on. Then she looks back at Yuta for a second.

5 hours ago, Failinhearts said:

"...a-are you sure about him Komaru? H-He used to be so full of energy and optimistic...l-like his idiot sister. N-Now he freaks out at the sight of his own shadow. There's so many h-hotter and m-manlier men in the Skylanders you could date."

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170701164322

She glances at Makoto and then continues. "Hell, M-Makoto is more of a m-man than Yuta." She said that without quieting her voice, knowing full well that Makoto could hear her.

Alisa gets her God Arc ready even though it's pretty quiet now, she doesn't expect it to last long. Dave was uncomfortable with the whole situation.

"In a simulation, forced to take one path and guaranteed to have enemies and traps block the way...surely it would've been more convenient to kill us all right then and there." Dave says as he looks around nervously.

"That crazy bitch Junko doesn't simply want us dead." Toko says as a reply. "She wanted everyone to suffer the ultimate despair before killing them. Me and Komaru had to go through despair of our own before we could finally defeat the Worriers of Hope." She looks at Komaru and pauses. "...you could even call us the Ultra Despair Girls." She says that with no hint of irony. Was she referencing something?

• Thumbs Up 4

12 minutes ago, DanJ86 said:

Toko gets out her taser to test it, confirming that it is functioning normally, she also opens the back, exposing the batteries. "I-I'll need to be careful not to overuse these, unless we can find more batteries like last time." She keeps the taser in her hand after putting the back back on. Then she looks back at Yuta for a second.

"...a-are you sure about him Komaru? H-He used to be so full of energy and optimistic...l-like his idiot sister. N-Now he freaks out at the sight of his own shadow. There's so many h-hotter and m-manlier men in the Skylanders you could date."

Hide contents

latest?cb=20170701164322

She glances at Makoto and then continues. "Hell, M-Makoto is more of a m-man than Yuta." She said that without quieting her voice, knowing full well that Makoto could hear her.

Komaru puffs her cheeks in a state of pouting. "Come oooon Toki, he's training! I saw him conjure up a small water spear, so he's getting there!" She insists.

Makoto simply eyes Toko with an eyebrow raise, unsure whether to take this as an insult or a compliment. The two then look at the silent Asahina...

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

As the Skylanders continued walking through the complete wasteland that was Towa City, several of the Monokuma children looked at them while doing various superhero and grand gestures towards them.

Crash, amidst his horror at the sight of the city, looked confused upon seeing the Monokuma children's gestures. What on earth were they doing this for? The marsupial almost felt like going along with it, and taking in what seemed like praise... but he didn't. Something about this just didn't sit right with him, nor Aku-Aku for that matter.

"Is... there a reason for these children to be acting this way towards us?" Aku-Aku asked. Seeing as Komaru, Yuta and Toko had the most experience with this scenario, his question was primarily directed towards the three of them. @Failinhearts @DanJ86 Meanwhile, Omega appeared to ignore the Monokuma children's presence. Though whether he was also somewhat unnerved by their gestures, or merely deemed them to be irrelevant, remained unclear to the other Skylanders.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Captain Metallix said:

"Is... there a reason for these children to be acting this way towards us?" Aku-Aku asked. Seeing as Komaru, Yuta and Toko had the most experience with this scenario, his question was primarily directed towards the three of them. @Failinhearts @DanJ86 

"Abused by their parents mostly." Makoto says. "That, plus Monaca and Junko's manipulation and an army of Monokumas ready to be recklessly used on for revenge... and you have the youngest terrorists imaginable."

"All adults are 'demons' in their eyes and must be killed."

Komaru looks at an alleyway, noticing more brainwashed kids feeding bodies to a Beast Monokuma. The robot stuffs its face with the corpse and swallows it like it was noodles, licking off the blood from his mouth. The girl could only cringe.

• Thumbs Up 5

19 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

Komaru puffs her cheeks in a state of pouting. "Come oooon Toki, he's training! I saw him conjure up a small water spear, so he's getting there!" She insists.

Makoto simply eyes Toko with an eyebrow raise, unsure whether to take this as an insult or a compliment. The two then look at the silent Asahina...

Yuta suddenly jolted when he saw their attention swing towards him. Not wanting to worry anyone, Yuta quickly tried to speak up in order to place everyone's worries to rest, especially with Toko's comment about him.

"W-What...? Come on guys, I'm fine, I'm always fine! I-It's just a little much to take in with the kids being androids and all right? I-I mean it's like that one anime with the humans who were turned into evil androids!" Yuta said, dropping his head quickly after saying what he did. 

"...Uh-Huh". Knuckles said, shaking his head. Humans turned into evil androids? What would this kid come up with next? 

• Thumbs Up 3

Komaru smiles at Yuta. "You see? He's good to go!" She exclaims.

Unfortunately, Komaru was the only one among the Skylanders who didn't notice Yuta's obvious lie. Kyubey looks at Yuta in doubt. No way on hell he's "always fine."

• Thumbs Up 3

The Doofs were busy following Kyubey’s trail while glancing at more of the evil Monokumas.

“Geez...if I wanted to see demonic Care Bears from hell, I would’ve just stayed home...” Burnie complained.

”No kidding, these kids are clearly hooked on movies if they’re easily brainwashed like this.” Skeet added. 

Mo meanwhile was comically walking on the floor sniffing like a dog.

• Thumbs Up 2

As the Skylanders kept moving onwards, suddenly, several brainwashed kids began dropping down onto the pathway, dropping a massive TV down as they did so. They began dancing around the T.V, holding hands and moving around it in a circle as the TV began to fizzle and turn on. 

latest?cb=20170629133155

"Hey! What do you nasty demons think you're doing?! This isn't the way you guys were meant to go! You're completely skipping all of the stuff we set up! That's cheating!" Masaru suddenly appeared on screen, shouting at the Skylanders for what they did. 

• Thumbs Up 6

18 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

"Abused by their parents mostly." Makoto says. "That, plus Monaca and Junko's manipulation and an army of Monokumas ready to be recklessly used on for revenge... and you have the youngest terrorists imaginable."

"Uh huh...?" Sally scratched her head as she spoke up, confused, "So why are some of us being called demons? We're mostly kids..." Watching the carnage around her, she just covered her eyes in disgust, not wanting to see any more of the brutality and gore.

Blaze just continued down the path, tuning out the world around her as to not pay attention to the brainwashed kids. It made it easier to focus on the task, as she keeps on silently walking.

• Thumbs Up 4

30 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

Komaru looks at an alleyway, noticing more brainwashed kids feeding bodies to a Beast Monokuma. The robot stuffs its face with the corpse and swallows it like it was noodles, licking off the blood from his mouth. The girl could only cringe.

"That is just... horrible!" Aku-Aku replied, with a genuine look of disgust and dread. It made him realise that, for all the evil deeds that he's witnessed his brother do over the years, even Uka-Uka never stooped this low! Then Crash also witnessed the Beast Monokuma devouring the lifeless bodies handed to it by the children. This was enough to finally make the Bandicoot feel queasy, and he quickly rushed over to the nearest bin he could find to... well, I think you all get the idea of what he did.

7 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

As the Skylanders kept moving onwards, suddenly, several brainwashed kids began dropping down onto the pathway, dropping a massive TV down as they did so. They began dancing around the T.V, holding hands and moving around it in a circle as the TV began to fizzle and turn on.

latest?cb=20170629133155

"Hey! What do you nasty demons think you're doing?! This isn't the way you guys were meant to go! You're completely skipping all of the stuff we set up! That's cheating!" Masaru suddenly appeared on screen, shouting at the Skylanders for what they did.

"NEGATIVE!" said Omega. "HAVING UNLIMITED LIVES AND AMMUNITION IS CHEATING! WE ARE JUST TAKING THE SCENIC ROUTE, ARTIFICIAL MEATBAG!"

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Polkadi said:

"Uh huh...?" Sally scratched her head as she spoke up, confused, "So why are some of us being called demons? We're mostly kids..." Watching the carnage around her, she just covered her eyes in disgust, not wanting to see any more of the brutality and gore.

Komar scratches her head. "You see... many of us are teens. To them, we're soon-to-be demons which is just as bad."

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

The Skylanders look up at Masaru. Kyubey, the one responsible for skipping the confusing navigation part sticks out his tongue.

• Thumbs Up 4