Awoo.

[Roleplay] SSMB Heroes Academy: Protect The Multiverse!

Failinhearts

Kaede stops playing her piano and opens the door.

xDPmX3E.jpg

"Hey, Kat."

SPjWIgV.jpg

"There's no need to apologize. I understand that what you've been going through is tough. I'm saying this as a fellow amnesiac."

• Thumbs Up 2

"Yeah...It's been hard. It's hard readjusting to my memories. But it's harder knowing I still hurt my friends, and treated them like dirt. I was forced to become something I despised..." Kat said.

Kat quickly cleared her throat. "W-Was that you singing just now?" 

• Thumbs Up 3

MauHvES.jpg

"You could hear that? Y-Yeah. That was me. I sometimes sing while playing because it just helps me get more invested into the song I'm playing, you know?"

• Thumbs Up 3

Kat nodded. "Yeah, I understand". She stopped for a moment, considering what she should do next. "I haven't told the others...but I've tried singing before in the past, and people seemed to enjoy it, but the last time I got really into it, it ended with several armed guards of a private army pointing weapons at me, and it's been a bit hard to try boost my confidence back up from that". 

• Thumbs Up 3

kuLwqEU.jpg

"I see... I honestly never sang in front of anyone before, myself. At least, as far as I recall. I mean, it's not like I'm that good at it."

c1zcQfa.jpg

"After all, it's the piano that's my specialty. You know?"

• Thumbs Up 3

Kirby speeds back over to the Roll Call Book and takes a picture of Homura's page. The book flips itself closed, and Kirby leaves it to head to the Arts and Crafts Room. 

"I have to wonder if that book is alive. The Lor Starcutter's a living thing, so maybe the book is too?"

Kirby slides into the Arts and Crafts room, only to find a complete wreck! Metal Sonic parts are strewn around everywhere, hardened glue covers every surface, scissors halves have been stuck into the tables, and so on. And there isn't a single Metal Sonic in sight. They must've lost interest after they ruined everything here.

"Guess without the Metal Sonics on our side things get rather messy down here... but I'll have to work through it! Homura needs this, one way or another!"

Kirby grabs all of the yellow and orange fabric that was left undamaged and put a pair of scissors back together.

"Uh, yellow's the happy color, right?"

Then, he Inhales and swallows a loose nail from a table, and afterward a pink baseball cap with a yellow bill landed on his head. The cap begins to shake, and golden spikes pop out all over the cap! Kirby became Needle Kirby!

latest?cb=20150924150231&path-prefix=en

(Kirby lost his Air element!)

(Kirby lost his Bazooker class and gained the Sorcerer class!)

He takes out the photos of Homura he has and spreads them out on the table. Using the photos as reference, and his needles as sewing needles, Needle Kirby manages to construct a poorly made replica of Homura's regular dress, except in with yellow where the white would be, orange where the grey would be, and lighter orange where the black would be. It has it's faults, namely the fact that the stitching is rather poor, and the color scheme... isn't the greatest, and some parts were not correctly measured, but it's a great first attempt at this.

"Perfect! Or at least... close enough to perfect to be good for her? No! If I'm going to make her change I have to do it right, and not cut corners! Maybe if I make the right shoulder larger and shorten the left arm...."

Needle Kirby throws the first dress away, then does the same process over again. He creates a slightly better dress than the last time, but it's not good enough either! Needle Kirby keeps on redoing the same dress over and over until the differences between Homura's actual clothing and Kirby's cheap knock off aren't too apparent... except for the colors.

But Needle Kirby won't just stop with just a recolored version of Homura's dress! He uses a yellow-green crayon and draws smiley faces all over the dress. Then he rolls over a bottle of golden glitter and pours it all over the dress too! Thus, the end result is an overly gaudy dress that no one would want to wear. Leave it to Kirby to mess up his own plan that badly without even realizing it.

"Alright, done! That's phase one of Operation: Opposite complete! Once she sees this and knows that I made it for her, she'll just have to join in on the fun! And I finished it before the Valentine's Day Party too! Now onto phase two, the materials I'll need to pitch it to my pals after the Valentine's Day Party's done with! And likely they'll be a mission too, so I guess I'll have to wait until after that before I go and start talking."

Needle Kirby preps the rest of his props too, including signs of him and some other people here that flip over into what Kirby thinks they would look like as the opposite of themselves. He makes posters, writes his introductory speech, and writes up a guidebook on "How to be Your Opposite". He makes copies of his posters and books, then throws all of his stuff into a conveniently placed wagon in the corner of the room.

"Whew! That was a ton of work! But I'll need all of this work for later when I finally unveil Opposite Day! It's going to be so much fun!"

Needle Kirby places a large piece of fabric over the wagon to cover the contents. Needle Kirby rolls the wagon out of the door and over to an empty closet to hide it in. Needle Kirby stuffs the wagon inside the closet and slams the closet closed. He writes on the door in pink crayon,

"Do not open! Monsters inside! Like a Monokuma!"

Needle Kirby chuckles to himself.

"No one will ever think to find this door, and anyone that does will be too scared to open it! My secret's safe and sound!"

Needle Kirby heads off to prepare for the Valentine's Day Dance, forgetting that he had left his entire pile of thrown away dresses in the treat can at the Arts and Crafts room. Kirby throws away Needle, the cap disappearing and turning into a yellow star with needles on it.

latest?cb=20160628232809&path-prefix=en

Kirby throws the star into a trash bin. Needle Kirby became Kirby...

(Kirby regained his Air element!)

(Kirby lost his Sorcerer class and regained his Bazooker class!)

From there, Kirby went into another closet and changed into his fanciest clothes, namely the ones he used for when he ran an orchestra. It has a purple jacket with white edges, a yellow bow tie, and a purple top hat with a yellow music note.  

latest?cb=20170108065344&path-prefix=en

Kirby came out of the closet and walks around the Academy, waving his conductor's baton around as he goes.

I'm ready for that dance! Will everyone else be though? They probably will, considering I did all of that work today and still had enough time to change.

• Thumbs Up 1

Amitie walks out all dressed up for the party. She takes great care not to damage her dress.

But she still wants to check up on her friends. She heard singing coming out of Kaede's room.

So she knocks on Kaede's door.

• Thumbs Up 3

Kat looks nervously. "Well here's the thing...the person hosting the party tonight happened to see a recording of me performing, and invited me to sing tonight...and I've been nervous since. Would you mind listening and telling me what you think...?" Kat asked nervously. "Maybe you could even play on the piano and we could do a duet and it'll calm both of our nerves?" 

• Thumbs Up 3

6C7BbJF.jpg

"Sure! I'd love to help you!"

Kaede hears a knocking on her door.

sUIq5ya.jpg

"Hm? Who could that be?"

• Thumbs Up 1

Amitie opens the door.

"Hey, Kaede? I heard singing, and I figure I come to check on you? Was that you?"

"I see Kat's here as well. Hi there!" Amitie said.

• Thumbs Up 2

c1zcQfa.jpg

"Everyone wants to know about my singing, huh? It's not that good... But yeah, that's me."

yEcv6dk.jpg

"But wow, Amitie! You look great! I bet Sig would be absolutely stunned!"

• Thumbs Up 2

Amitie was in a bit of disbelief. "Really, now?" Amitie blushed. "Thanks." She said with a smile.

"But anyway, don't be silly. Your singing was amazing!" Amitie said.

• Thumbs Up 2

Kat nodded in agreement. "Yeah Amitie, that dress looks awesome on you." Kat complimented. "Sig's gonna go completely nuts over it. I think tonight could be the night he snaps out of his monotone voice!".

"Kaede and I were about to practice a small duet, if you wanna stick around and hear it. Just don't tell anyone else about it, alright?".

• Thumbs Up 2

SgVAd9Q.jpg

"Is my singing really that good? It's not like I practice or anything. I just do it to concentrate, you know?"

• Thumbs Up 2

"Well, you were doing really good anyway!" Amitie said.

When she heard what Kat had to say about the duet. "Thanks for the compliment. Oh, and I'd love to hear it! I promise I won't tell anyone."

• Thumbs Up 2

Kat gave Kaede a bunch of quickly scribbled sheet music. 

"Ready to give this a try Kaede?" Kat asked.

• Thumbs Up 2

Kaede places the sheets on her piano and sits down. She cracks her knuckles.

xDPmX3E.jpg

"Let's do this!"

• Thumbs Up 1

Kat took a deep breath. 

"You can do this...you can do this...they are your friends...or at least hopefully still are..."

As the piano began playing, Kat began singing. 

"A red apple fell from the sky, across the clouds, a gentle sun shines on the ones we're waiting for...." 

• Thumbs Up 2

Kaede's fingers delicately press on the piano keys, making sure every note is clear and sounds just right. She closes her eyes and mouths the words Kat sings as she mentally gets into the song, her fingers pressing the right keys even without looking at the music sheets.

• Thumbs Up 1

A few minutes pass as the two finish the song. "So, what do you guys think? Not completely awful, right?" Kat asked.

• Thumbs Up 2

yEcv6dk.jpg

"Oh Kat, you sounded beautifully! I wish I had a voice like that!" Kaede says. "As expected from a queen, am I right?" She playfully adds.

• Thumbs Up 2

"It was wonderful!" Amitie said while clapping. "You're gonna be awesome there when you sing!"

"But...what about your dance with Lupin? He sure seems excited." Amitie said.

• Thumbs Up 2

Kat smiles. "I made them promise that my performance would be before Lupin's dance. It wouldn't be right of a queen to make a promise and go back on it" Kat jokingly added. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Kaede smiles.

yEcv6dk.jpg

"Looks like you all have very special dances to go to."

eGUUU2h.jpg

"Kinda feel like the odd one out. Maybe I have to dance with Sonic or something! Haha!" She jokes, laughing.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Oh, don't worry. I'm sure you'll find a dance partner, at least!" Amitie said.

"And I get you, Kat! You show 'em what you got!"

• Thumbs Up 3