Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

21 hours ago, blazefan519 said:

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "tell, don't show", there wasn't really anything that seemed like an information dump, and if there was, there wouldn't have been anyway to properly show it. And, what do you mean by his voice being wrong? It's his voice, and it's already known that he isn't his brother so it doesn't have to sound anything like him.

It doesn't show us what the real Tails was really thinking and how the rest of Team Sonic got together and we don't know what Morpho really looks like. I would have liked to have Travis Willingham or Kirk Thorton as the voice of Morpho.

This idea probably could have worked (with some scenes played for laughs): http://mysteriousgirl92.deviantart.com/journal/My-idea-for-Eggman-s-Brother-676827175

On 4/22/2017 at 8:55 PM, Soni said:

Just watched Eggman's Brother, got a new favorite!

Morphio is a great inclusion to the villain's cast and I guess during #AskSonicBoomCrew when they said we'd see a return to the Alternate Boom Dimension, that's what happened to it. Green Suit Eggman blew shit the whole dimension up and Morphio survived it somehow. Strange but eh, you can only fit so much into 11 minutes, something's outta give. Shame about that but eh, watcha gonna do about it. 

But I find it a bold move for the episode to address how sometimes Sonic hogs all the glory to himself during the fights, which is something that doesn't happen that often I guess but enough for it be a problem for people, I guess? It's an interesting character study on this interpretation on Sonic. And a great basis for Morphio to tear the team apart, just comes to show that these characters do have their flaws but they're best buds and it's gonna take a lot to truly separate these 5 apart. And its moments like these where these characters really shine. Sonic, while being a bit egotistical, still really cares for his friends and is willing to help them out when he can. Tails is as such as well. Knuckles is just an adorable goofball who's too innocent and precious for the world, bless protect my son and make sure he never feels bad or else I'll hunt you down like a fat kid on a Smartie! Sticks means well as well and Amy always care about others, being very open about talking about her feelings while everyone else doesn't feel comfortable doing so. That's a good trait to have even if people take advantage of her because of it.

Outside of that, everything else is great. The action was nice especially when Sonic is getting curb stomped for a moment there, jokes were well-delivered as well especially Cubot's "Who do I shoot" joke. Knuckles, Eggman and Morphio all made me laugh especially Morphio. I did not expect him to be voiced by Roger and it's hilarious how he has a surfer dude's voice, why wasn't he voicing Swifty?! Also small conspiracy theory, when Morphio is showing Eggman is morphing powers. He forms into Sonic, Dave and then a moose. Does this mean the moose is voiced by Roger considering Morphio, Sonic and Dave were? Maybe not but hey, doesn't hurt to think too nutty about.

But yeah, great episode. Really digged it, now can you please not disturb me until next week? Thanks.

Anyone got to thinkin' that the finale involves that destroyed dimension and alternate Eggman? Perhaps that version becomes Eggman Nega? All of what's been going on since Flynn's episodes has been building up to something (the various wacky auxiliary characters for Team Sonic, even more baddies, the whole Robots From The Sky four-parter...) 

So was there not a new episode in France today? Kind of a relief for those in America, since there are still 6 episodes we are waiting for, that still have no release date in America. I hope America can get caught up, and find a way to have the show get an equal balance of airtime in America and France. I'm really sick of both sides either getting ahead, or falling behind.

1 hour ago, VeryGoodName said:

I doubt that this is accurate due to the lack of sources, but if it it is, then the four-part special of Sonic Boom will air in the U.S. starting May 13th

d.PNG

I sure wish it would air all in one day. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, VeryGoodName said:

I doubt that this is accurate due to the lack of sources, but if it it is, then the four-part special of Sonic Boom will air in the U.S. starting May 13th

d.PNG

If this is true, I will find depths of disappointment in Cartoon Network that I didn't even know I had.

This four-parter deserves to be aired all at once, in my opinion. I mean, it makes too much sense. It's a four-episode arc. 4 episodes x 11 minutes each = 44 minutes total. Plus commercial breaks, that adds up to an hour, which is the span of time that Boom airs on Saturdays and Sundays. Take advantage!

I don't want to wait two or three weeks to see "RftS" in its entirety when France got the entire adventure in a single day. It's just not fair.

But on the bright side, at least they're airing the first two parts in one day (again, if this is true). That's... something. Also, we don't have much longer to wait...

• Thumbs Up 2

If we're lucky at least they will air the other two parts also on the same day. But come on, it should be all four at once. It wouldn't even take any timeslot away from Boomerang.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been a bad person and watched the 4 partner in french. Despite me not understanding whats being said, I really enjoyed it. Full of action and fun. I think you guys might like it. :B

6 hours ago, CottonCandy said:

I've been a bad person and watched the 4 partner in french. Despite me not understanding whats being said, I really enjoyed it. Full of action and fun. I think you guys might like it. :B

Well, I'll take your word for it, which gives me more reason to look forward to it finally airing in the US.

14 hours ago, CottonCandy said:

I agree, I saw it too, and I can't wait for it to air in English on Boomerang, or CN. If it came out on Blu-Ray, I would definitely buy it! Still waiting for season one to get released on blu ray and digital hd...

19 hours ago, CottonCandy said:

The four-parter was awesome. They definitely will like it, agreed!

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, sinclair said:

The four-parter was awesome. They definitely will like it, agreed!

Dangit, now I wanna go watch it. Ugh, the wait is killing me.

Spoiler

mind telling me where I can find the episodes. I only want to know so that I obviously won't watch it and definitely won't spoil myself, obviously.

On April 25, 2017 at 7:56 PM, VeryGoodName said:

Honestly, I'm glad that Sonic Boom wasn't mentioned at Cartoon Network's upfront. The show might leave Boomerang & Cartoon Network for good and move to Disney XD (a network that's more accessible then Boomerang)

I've been thinking about this but would going to Disney XD really do the show much justice either? I know somebody could use the Pokemon excuse but then I remembered that a few years ago Disney XD for some reason aired Sonic Underground and put it on a timeslot where everybody was asleep kinda how CN treated Boom and then the show was never heard from the network again.

2 hours ago, blazefan519 said:

Hide contents

mind telling me where I can find the episodes. I only want to know so that I obviously won't watch it and definitely won't spoil myself, obviously.

Spoiler

Someone recorded the four-parter with a camera and it's on YouTube. 

But there's also a copy of the four-patter that's in standard-definition (that was not recorded with a camera) on the interwebs. :P

2 hours ago, VeryGoodName said:

I won't be able to enjoy it if I have to watch it in dull standard-definition.

If you want to wait a while until it gets uploaded in HD on the Cartoon Network site (weeks after it airs on Boomerang), that's your perogative.  

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, blazefan519 said:

Hide contents

I don't know if it's still there, but I managed to find them on youtube, they actually popped up on a recommendation list, after watching some of the Sonic Boom clips I shared. 

2 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

I've been thinking about this but would going to Disney XD really do the show much justice either? I know somebody could use the Pokemon excuse but then I remembered that a few years ago Disney XD for some reason aired Sonic Underground and put it on a timeslot where everybody was asleep kinda how CN treated Boom and then the show was never heard from the network again.

To be fair, Sonic Underground wasn't a very good, or popular show, and those were just reruns of a show that's now about 18 years old. Sonic Boom is a more recent show, and likely wouldn't be put on a graveyard shift time slot. 

This week's episode is Do Not Disturb and Bill just dropped the plot synopsis for the episode.

Insert the "hey you, you stinky *animal* go eat a *food said animal eats* ugly" meme here.

32 minutes ago, Soni said:

This week's episode is Do Not Disturb and Bill just dropped the plot synopsis for the episode.

Insert the "hey you, you stinky *animal* go eat a *food said animal eats* ugly" meme here.

Since France already aired 6 episodes before North America, it's nice to see we're getting a new episode that hasn't aired in France yet. I really would prefer both sides get an equal share in the show though, instead of this unbalanced act of catching up... Whoever is in charge of how this show airs across the world, they really need to step it up... 

14 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Since France already aired 6 episodes before North America, it's nice to see we're getting a new episode that hasn't aired in France yet. I really would prefer both sides get an equal share in the show though, instead of this unbalanced act of catching up... Whoever is in charge of how this show airs across the world, they really need to step it up... 

I know 4 of those were the Robots from the Sky megaepisode but what were the other 2 episodes that aired that we haven't seen in English yet?

7 minutes ago, Soni said:

I know 4 of those were the Robots from the Sky megaepisode but what were the other 2 episodes that aired that we haven't seen in English yet?

Those were "Nominatus Rising" and "Eggman's Brother", which just premiered in English in the past two weeks.

...Unless you're talking about the other two episodes that premiered in France a few days ago. You know, the ones about Eggman's smallest robot and the bowling match.

I was a little late to the usual Sega stream today, did they say anything about Boom?

Also, there was an interview with Iizuka and they asked about Boom and he said that it'll be coming to Japan with the game cast. Just thought I'd mention it since we've not heard anything about the Jap dub for awhile.

3 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

I was a little late to the usual Sega stream today, did they say anything about Boom?

Yes, they showed off screenshots of this week's episode and talked about the plot.