Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Just comes to show how good Kirk's range is, now can we please get some Boom Shadow action in here?!

1 hour ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

http://www.telemagazyn.pl/serial/sonic-boom-1418819/s2/odc36/

Translation: On foot, on horseback and in Poto-Mobile

Synopsis states: The boys are all about exciting that their music group have to go live. They all leave in their new van.

Wait are they implying that Dudeitude/Dreamboat express is coming back?

Oh heck yeah! It definitely sounds like it. The very idea is making me ecstatic! "Battle of the Boy Bands" is one of my favorite episodes from season one. :D

You know what I'd love to see too? An episode that parodies musicals. I think the Boom producers and crew would kill it. 

38 minutes ago, Soni said:

Just comes to show how good Kirk's range is, now can we please get some Boom Shadow action in here?!

Agreed. There has been a sufficient lack of Shadow this season. lol

53 minutes ago, Soni said:

Oh hey, you remember Retro and Beta right? 

Well Beta is voiced by Kirk while Retro is voiced by Roger.

Just a neat tidbit from ol' Freiberger.

51 minutes ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

I figured Roger would voice retro but I thought it was Travis for Beta...

Same here, I was positive Roger voiced Retro, but was only guessing Travis voiced Beta. 

50 minutes ago, Soni said:

It's funny how Beta sounds exactly like Salty the Hippo, and the warthog villager. The only difference is how Beta sounds  a little slower than them. 

On 4/19/2017 at 5:46 PM, SonicWind said:

So, that's good news. Clearly, that means the Japanese dub is at least still in the making.

Why would SEGA allow this if they didn't still care about Boom? Heck, Iizuka even says in the article that he was working to get the show to Japanese fans for awhile.

A few jokes might have been changed around, of course, but hopefully they enjoy the show like the rest of the world has. And if they do, I hope they're dubbing season 2.

It's more that Sega is sending mixed messages to me. They haven't been doing anything to help the show find a slot seemingly, consigning it to the same fate as the likes of Bunnicula. And even when they do grant it cursory social marketing, it's never really in a fun way. 

3 minutes ago, It's a Very Merry Miru said:

It's more that Sega is sending mixed messages to me. They haven't been doing anything to help the show find a slot seemingly, consigning it to the same fate as the likes of Bunnicula. And even when they do grant it cursory social marketing, it's never really in a fun way. 

Eh, some marketing is better than nothing at all-- something CN clearly hasn't learned.

Doesn't mean there shouldn't be more...

Once again, the Sonic Tumblr has exclusive pictures of this week's Boom episode, "Eggman's Brother".

tumblr_oopz72StJE1u5cb23o1_1280.png

tumblr_oopz72StJE1u5cb23o2_1280.png

tumblr_oopz72StJE1u5cb23o3_1280.png

"Evil runs in the family, and it’s packing a disheveled blond look. Enter Steve Eggman in the new Sonic Boom “Eggman’s Brother”, tomorrow at 6pm on Boomerang!"

And, of course, the tags: #sonic boom #season 2 #now you might be thinking #the resemblance is uncanny #but why does he have blond hair? #genetics - friends #the super egg project #one got all the dominant traits while the other got the recessive ones #but the REAL question is - why is the blond brother usually the bigger evil? #don't think we've not seen the memes flying around

Gotta say, I like how most of the episodes this season has the entirety of Team Sonic in them. Nice change-up from season 1, where the roster seemed to be all over the place.

• Thumbs Up 2

50 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

Once again, the Sonic Tumblr has exclusive pictures of this week's Boom episode, "Eggman's Brother".

tumblr_oopz72StJE1u5cb23o1_1280.png

tumblr_oopz72StJE1u5cb23o2_1280.png

tumblr_oopz72StJE1u5cb23o3_1280.png

"Evil runs in the family, and it’s packing a disheveled blond look. Enter Steve Eggman in the new Sonic Boom “Eggman’s Brother”, tomorrow at 6pm on Boomerang!"

And, of course, the tags: #sonic boom #season 2 #now you might be thinking #the resemblance is uncanny #but why does he have blond hair? #genetics - friends #the super egg project#one got all the dominant traits while the other got the recessive ones #but the REAL question is - why is the blond brother usually the bigger evil? #don't think we've not seen the memes flying around

Gotta say, I like how most of the episodes this season has the entirety of Team Sonic in them. Nice change-up from season 1, where the roster seemed to be all over the place.

I'm surprised Amy and Knuckles have been in every season 2 episode so far, since season 1 had a few episodes that left them out. Sticks was absent the most, yet still had plenty of starring roles this season. Next to Sonic, Tails, and Eggman, Sticks usually gets plenty of episodes to herself, Knuckles has definitely started getting a lot as well.

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

Despicable Me 3 is looking great.

The episode is nowhere near similar to "Despicable Me 3", fyi.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

I mean the hairstyle looks like Dru to a degree tbh. 

Hide contents

Accidental spoiler ^

This episode was likely finished over a year/two years ago.... way before the trailer to the movie was released. Even if things look "similar", it's merely a coincidence. 

And "Boom" is miles above anything that Illumination has created, imo.

Boomerang played reruns of "Boom" again! Whoot whoot!

• Thumbs Up 1

"Eggman's Brother" was a decent episode. Saw the twist coming, but not the shapeshifting part.

Still funny hearing Roger's voice come out of an Eggman lookalike.

• Thumbs Up 3

Eggman's Brother was a funny episode, and it really left me wondering where the episode was going.

Steve Eggman was a strange, yet interesting character. I liked how his voice wasn't the same as Eggman's. He was clearly voiced by Roger Craig Smith, and sounded more like a surfer dude. So the episode starts off where Sonic starts showing off in a battle, and leaves his friends to feel useless. After Eggman's recent defeat, he goes home, and eventually comes face to face with Steve, who claims to be Eggman's brother. Eggman doesn't trust him, and declines his offer to team up with him. Afterwards, Sonic meets Steve, and mistakes him for Eggman in disguise, until the real Eggman shows up. Steve saves Sonic from Eggman, and Sonic suddenly trusts Steve, and hires him to join Team Sonic, without asking his friends how they felt about it.

There are some funny interactions in this episode. I laughed when Cubot first saw Steve and Eggman, and yells "There's two of them!" He then pulls out a ray gun and asks "Which one do I shoot?!" There's also a funny scene where a volcano erupts, and the Gogobas are stranded, and start going on their usual guilt trip ranting, which leads to Sticks saying "Can't we just leave them?!" I laughed so hard at Sticks's response, it's about time someone in the show pointed out how annoying the Gogobas are. 

Eventually, after Steve saves the Gogobas, the town accuses Knuckles for stealing from them, which lead to Sticks suggesting they kick Knuckles off of the team, until things clear up. However, as soon as Sonic and Knuckles leave, It's revealed that Sticks never said that, it was actually Steve. Steve has shapeshifting powers. It then cuts to Sticks meeting up with the others, and feeling upset that Sonic kicked Knuckles off the team, which lead to Sonic questioning Sticks, since he thought she was the one who told him to do it. Tails then snaps at Sticks, and threatens to turn her into the Government, which causes Sticks to flee in panic, while mentioning how she has some documents to delete. Amy questions why Tails would say something so mean, only for Tails to admit he's been needing someone to talk to about his feelings. Amy then decides to meet up with Tails in the jungle, and use her psychology skills to help make Tails feel better, but Tails drops a bucket of glue on her, and traps her to the ground. Tails then reveals that he was actually Steve, Steve then tells Amy that he plans to destroy her, along with Sonic and friends. He then transforms into Amy, and leaves.

Steve disguised as Amy then approaches Sonic, and lied to Sonic about how Tails told her  that they think Sonic has been acting like a terrible leader lately. Sonic apologizes, and tries telling Amy how important the team is to him, but Steve as Amy walks off looking sad, leaving Sonic to feel like he upset Amy. Steve then disguises himself as Sonic, tries telling Tails that he thinks their team is over with. Tails storms off mad, thinking Sonic is being selfish again. Steve then transforms into Tails again, and waits for Sonic to show up. Sonic tries apologizing to Tails for mistreating the team, but Steve as Tails shuts Sonic out of Tails's workshop, leaving Sonic to feel sad and alone. 

Steve then goes to Eggman, and makes a big reveal. He reveals he's not really Eggman's brother, but is actually a shapeshifting robot from another dimension, built by an alternate dimension Eggman. He then reveals how he tried making a good impression, by pretending to help Sonic, only to tear apart the team, to leave Sonic vulnerable, and easy to defeat. Eggman is happy with Steve's deceiving plot, and decides to let Steve join his team. Eggman and Steve reveal their team up to Sonic, and try destroying him. However, Tails shows up, and reveals how he found Amy using his communicator, and she revealed everything about Steve's plan. Tails and Amy gathered Knuckles and Sticks back together, and rejoined Sonic to defeat Eggman and Steve. In the end, Eggman and Steve are defeated, and Steve apologizes for having his plan fail. Eggman actually is impressed with how far Steve went with his plan, and tells Steve that although he's not really his brother, he likes to think of him as a brother regardless. Eggman then realizes the Eggmobile is wrecked, and he needs a way to get around. Steve then turns into a pogo stick, and Eggman happily hops off, riding Steve like a pogo stick.

I thought it was a good and funny episode. I liked how despite having a negative tone, it still had a happy ending. I liked how Sonic was able to realize he was hurting his team with his ego, to the point of feeling guilty about it, and trying to apologize to them. It was kind of cute to see Sonic trying to tell Tails and Amy how much the team means to him, even if it wasn't really Tails or Amy he was telling it to. I liked how the team got back together again, and it's interesting to know that Eggman and Steve are still friends in the end. This could open for a lot of future episodes. Whenever a new character shows up in the show from now on, I'll have to ask myself, is it Steve in disguise, or what? It was a fun episode that really showed how important the team is to Sonic, which was something I really wanted to see in an episode like Designated Heroes. This episode kind of made up for Sonic's behavior in Designated Heroes. 

Sorry, I forgot to mention his real name isn't Steve, it was Morpho. Eggman's brother was one sick "Morpho"

Episode Screenshots for Eggman's Brother

Here are some clips for Eggman's Brother.

• Thumbs Up 1

The second half threw me for a loop. Given how much the show likes being meta, I expected the episode to poke fun at fan fictions, given that Steve checks the stereotypical trope boxes of long lost brother and being close to Sonic and his friends. While it would have been hilarious if they went with it to the extreme with Sonic being in a rivalry with a Gary Stu for his ego's sake, I'm glad with the story we got.

It's great to see that the team sticks together despite their conflicts and Morphio / Steve as wanna-be-superhero was entertaining as well. Seeing that Mombot seems to be a fixture now I guess we might be seeing him in future episodes. Perhaps the robots of the upcoming four-parter are also from the same destroyed dimension he fled from.

Just watched Eggman's Brother, got a new favorite!

Morphio is a great inclusion to the villain's cast and I guess during #AskSonicBoomCrew when they said we'd see a return to the Alternate Boom Dimension, that's what happened to it. Green Suit Eggman blew shit the whole dimension up and Morphio survived it somehow. Strange but eh, you can only fit so much into 11 minutes, something's outta give. Shame about that but eh, watcha gonna do about it. 

But I find it a bold move for the episode to address how sometimes Sonic hogs all the glory to himself during the fights, which is something that doesn't happen that often I guess but enough for it be a problem for people, I guess? It's an interesting character study on this interpretation on Sonic. And a great basis for Morphio to tear the team apart, just comes to show that these characters do have their flaws but they're best buds and it's gonna take a lot to truly separate these 5 apart. And its moments like these where these characters really shine. Sonic, while being a bit egotistical, still really cares for his friends and is willing to help them out when he can. Tails is as such as well. Knuckles is just an adorable goofball who's too innocent and precious for the world, bless protect my son and make sure he never feels bad or else I'll hunt you down like a fat kid on a Smartie! Sticks means well as well and Amy always care about others, being very open about talking about her feelings while everyone else doesn't feel comfortable doing so. That's a good trait to have even if people take advantage of her because of it.

Outside of that, everything else is great. The action was nice especially when Sonic is getting curb stomped for a moment there, jokes were well-delivered as well especially Cubot's "Who do I shoot" joke. Knuckles, Eggman and Morphio all made me laugh especially Morphio. I did not expect him to be voiced by Roger and it's hilarious how he has a surfer dude's voice, why wasn't he voicing Swifty?! Also small conspiracy theory, when Morphio is showing Eggman is morphing powers. He forms into Sonic, Dave and then a moose. Does this mean the moose is voiced by Roger considering Morphio, Sonic and Dave were? Maybe not but hey, doesn't hurt to think too nutty about.

But yeah, great episode. Really digged it, now can you please not disturb me until next week? Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, VeryGoodName said:

Man I really feel bad for the Sonic Boom fans who don't have Boomerang (which is a lot of people). They have to wait nearly a month just to legally watch new Sonic Boom episodes because CN won't bother to air the show on their main channel (not even at 6:00 a.m.). I for one am thinking about watching Eggman's Brother and Do Not Disturb on CN demand instead of Boomerang because I could watch those two episodes for the first time in 1080p. But then again, I want Sonic Boom to move to a more accessible network (like Disney XD), so maybe I should help get the views high enough by not only watching the show on CN demand, but watching it on Boomerang, too.

It takes more than a week for On Demand episodes to air, for Sling TV at least, it's been 3 weeks, and Muckfoot still hasn't gotten an HD On Demand release, neither has Nominatus Rising.

http://spongicx.tumblr.com/post/159888789518/more-laughably-bad-closed-captioning-fails-from

More laughably bad closed caption fails from Sonic Boom, and holy cow, that Amy one... 

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait was Morpho from the Smart Knuckles reality? I just thought he was from a different Alternate reality.

Anyway this was a fun episode. "Steve's" voice cracked me up and I love that after he was revealed to be a robot hey had to make it crystal clear that he is not now nor ever has been Eggman's brother. I love little Meta gags like that.

• Thumbs Up 3

The episode was terrible, in my opinion. Overload of "tell, don't show", the story of Eggman's brother was rushed and all over the place and Eggman's brother's voice is just... wrong.

6 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

The episode was terrible, in my opinion. Overload of "tell, don't show", the story of Eggman's brother was rushed and all over the place and Eggman's brother's voice is just... wrong.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "tell, don't show", there wasn't really anything that seemed like an information dump, and if there was, there wouldn't have been anyway to properly show it. And, what do you mean by his voice being wrong? It's his voice, and it's already known that he isn't his brother so it doesn't have to sound anything like him.

• Thumbs Up 4

I thought it would be fun to make a compilation of all the times Eggman made that girly scream, which was first heard in "I Can Sea Sonic's Fear From Down Here." 

Actually, I don't know why I decided to make this compilation...

Eggman's Brother was a decent episode. While I was slightly spoiled about this one before, what caught me was when Morpho used his shapeshifting abilities to drive the team apart. I found it to be sinister and it also reminded me of Designated Heroes to a degree.

Morpho being a robot from another dimension makes me wonder whether he's from the mirror dimension from season 1 or from an entirely new dimension.

Morpho imitating the superhero was funny and Eggman having fun with the pogo stick was amusing. "Cubot's Who do I shoot" line was hilarious!

It was a decent episode, with the shapeshifting scenes that made it more interesting.

• Thumbs Up 4