Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Boom still isn't on Netflix is it? Guess I'll just have to stick with YouTube for now then.

Is it just me, or does Boom Sonic not seem as fast as Modern or Classic Sonic?

On 4/15/2017 at 6:14 PM, Zers Editor said:

Would like to ask. What is your full opinion on this episode?

It didn't work out for me. Tails was making a fool out of himself in this episode. He still thinks he isn't a hero despite having saved the village many times. I still think Sticks should have been obsessed with Muckfoot and should have been trying to prove that he is real. While Tails disbelieves her and finally decides to join her, but only to investigate and find out whether Muckfoot is real or not.

I still don't get how Tails could think that someone can suffer burns from the moon. Moon based injuries? Really?

On 4/15/2017 at 6:15 PM, Soni said:

Eh, it doesn't work as well since Sticks doesn't really care if Muckfoot was real or not.

Well, why wouldn't it? Sticks was the one who brought it up, so...

17 hours ago, sinclair said:

Ten new preview images from the two episodes that aired today: 

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_oomk3pfly21u7kcv9o2_1280.png

tumblr_oomk3pfly21u7kcv9o4_1280.png

tumblr_oomk3pfly21u7kcv9o1_1280.png

tumblr_oomk3pfly21u7kcv9o10_1280.png

tumblr_oomk3pfly21u7kcv9o3_1280.png

tumblr_oomk3pfly21u7kcv9o5_1280.png

tumblr_oomk3pfly21u7kcv9o6_1280.png

tumblr_oomk3pfly21u7kcv9o7_1280.png

tumblr_oomk3pfly21u7kcv9o8_1280.png

tumblr_oomk3pfly21u7kcv9o9_1280.png

Man Perci (Or is that Staci) sure gets around doesn't she? XD

4 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Man Perci (Or is that Staci) sure gets around doesn't she? XD

Spoiler

It's Staci. And yes she does. XD 

She's seen with Knuckles earlier on the episode. He tries to impress her by lifting weights. However he gets attacked by Eggman's fleas and drops the weight; Staci ends up ditching him.

3 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

It didn't work out for me. Tails was making a fool out of himself in this episode. He still thinks he isn't a hero despite having saved the village many times. I still think Sticks should have been obsessed with Muckfoot and should have been trying to prove that he is real. While Tails disbelieves her and finally decides to join her, but only to investigate and find out whether Muckfoot is real or not.

I still don't get how Tails could think that someone can suffer burns from the moon. Moon based injuries? Really?

This excuse is suppose to be bad. When Sticks have come to a conclusion than Knuckles is Muckfoot, it was done by using a pure logic (Tommy shot him with an arrow in the shoulder, Knuckles got a burn injury in there). Tails wanted to deny it in order to keep the admirement he was getting with his "discovery". But he failed because logic was on opposite's side. 

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Zers Editor said:

This excuse is suppose to be bad. When Sticks have come to a conclusion than Knuckles is Muckfoot, it was done by using a pure logic (Tommy shot him with an arrow in the shoulder, Knuckles got a burn injury in there). Tails wanted to deny it in order to keep the admirement he was getting with his "discovery". But he failed because logic was on opposite's side. 

Before the episode aired, I remember telling Bill Freiberger on Twitter how it's ironic how it's Tails who is trying to prove Muckfoot exists, and not Sticks, and Bill responded by saying something about how it is sometimes best to do the unexpected, to tell great story telling.

After watching the episode, I agreed, it was a bit more fun to see how the situation would occur, if it wasn't too predictable. Although the episode made it clear that Knuckles was indeed mistaken for Muckfoot, that didn't stop the episode from throwing other surprises and twists. I thought the episode did a good job at starting out with Tails not believing in Muckfoot, to suddenly believing it, after swearing he saw him, while star gazing. I also thought Sticks was well in character as well, she's one who doesn't believe in selling out to marketing, so it made sense to see her feel ashamed to see her good friend Tails marketing off something he criticized her over not believing in. We've seen how the villagers act in the show, and they can be pretty unpleasant, and you can't really blame Tails for wanting to make them feel good about him, especially since he's treated like a sidekick.

I was also not expecting to see TW Barker show up, to try and capture Mukfoot, leaving Tails to feel guilty over letting it happen. Seeing Eggman as a clown was also a funny surprise, and they did a better job at making him look like a Clown, than they did with Amy in Circus Of Plunders. All Amy did was put on an affro, and red nose, but she wasn't wearing any facial makeup, although the concept art for Clown Amy in the Fire and Ice video game did show she was intended to wear makeup, while actually looking unamused. I liked how for Eggman, they actually made sure he looked like a clown, instead of just having him wear a red nose. 

I also really liked the ending, they could have went a full mean spirited route, and had Sonic, and Amy boo Tails, and storm off as upset as the other villagers, yet they showed that Sonic and Amy were proud of Tails for telling the truth. I liked that, it showed that Tails didn't need to impress a bunch of people who only appreciated him for possibly discovering a mysterious creature, all Tails needed was the support of his friends who care for him, no matter what. I personally don't see how anyone can possibly take this episode any other way. 

Another spoiler:

Spoiler

tumblr_np538lvfDo1tgq953o1_1280.jpg

Which episode is this? Also Sonic must be mad that he can't see since Eggman is in front of him lol

10 minutes ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

Another spoiler:

Hide contents

tumblr_np538lvfDo1tgq953o1_1280.jpg

Which episode is this? Also Sonic must be mad that he can't see since Eggman is in front of him lol

That's a screenshot from the "Eggman the Auteur" episode. lol

9 minutes ago, sinclair said:

That's a screenshot from the "Eggman the Auteur" episode. lol

Yep, it's Eggman the Auteur, I looked through my screenshot album of Sonic Boom, just to be safe, and this definitely matches the ending from Eggman the Auteur. 

1 hour ago, VeryGoodName said:

I guess it's safe to say that the chances of Sonic Boom moving to another network are higher then the chances of the show airing on Cartoon Network at all again.

It's been a third of a year since Sonic Boom aired on Cartoon Network (I'm not counting episodes being added on Cartoon Network demand).

We've seen no evidence that suggests that the show could be moved to another network nor put back on Cartoon Network. I'd say the possibility of either is very minimal. 

Edited by sinclair
Fixed misspelling

This Famitsu interview for Sonic Mania actually seems to have a mention of Sonic Boom. Google translate reads the caption in the screenshot as: "CG animation "Sonic Toon" that has been broadcasted ahead of time overseas and has gained popularity. In Japan, 52 season 1 episodes will be delivered first."

https://s.famitsu.com/news/201704/17130789.html

• Thumbs Up 1

So, that's good news. Clearly, that means the Japanese dub is at least still in the making.

Why would SEGA allow this if they didn't still care about Boom? Heck, Iizuka even says in the article that he was working to get the show to Japanese fans for awhile.

A few jokes might have been changed around, of course, but hopefully they enjoy the show like the rest of the world has. And if they do, I hope they're dubbing season 2.

2 hours ago, SonicBoomFan101 said:

Where's the Sonic Boom episode called the Fleabags? I need to see it!

You'll live if you don't see the full episode. Dude, chill. 

Surely, we all know what's going for Eggman's Brother this Saturday but for next week's episode? It's the recently heard episode, Do Not Disturb.

The writer for this episode is more new blood, Peter Saisselin.

He's a writer for 8 shows so far. The recent Chipmunks cartoon, Gawayn, The Mysteries of Afred Hedgehog (funny who things came to be), The Green Squad (he was also story editor), The Ugly Ducking and Me, Zombie Hotel (he was a script editor for 13 episodes), Creepschool and Jack & Jill (hopefully not to be confused with the Sandler shitfest).

2 minutes ago, Soni said:

Surely, we all know what's going for Eggman's Brother this Saturday but for next week's episode? It's the recently heard episode, Do Not Disturb.

The writer for this episode is more new blood, Peter Saisselin.

He's a writer for 8 shows so far. The recent Chipmunks cartoon, Gawayn, The Mysteries of Afred Hedgehog (funny who things came to be), The Green Squad (he was also story editor), The Ugly Ducking and Me, Zombie Hotel (he was a script editor for 13 episodes), Creepschool and Jack & Jill (hopefully not to be confused with the Sandler shitfest).

Sonic and Tails playing video games together is a nice astethic!

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember reading that "Do Not Disturb" is about a creature that is endangered and Sonic and co. try to save it. (?) It was in French. 

I'd get a link but I'm too lazy atm. lol

5 minutes ago, sinclair said:

I remember reading that "Do Not Disturb" is about a creature that is endangered and Sonic and co. try to save it. (?) It was in French. 

I'd get a link but I'm too lazy atm. lol

I think this is the one: http://www.telemagazyn.pl/serial/sonic-boom-1418819/s2/odc30/

The summary translates:

Threat of an extinction animal settles at Sonic. He can not get rid of it because of the many protegent regulations that this foul smelly animal.

I did some more digging and found another episode, (unless it was already pointed out before?)

http://www.telemagazyn.pl/serial/sonic-boom-1418819/s2/odc36/

1 minute ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

I think this is the one: http://www.telemagazyn.pl/serial/sonic-boom-1418819/s2/odc30/

The summary translates:

Threat of an extinction animal settles at Sonic. He can not get rid of it because of the many protegent regulations that this foul smelly animal.

I did some more digging and found another episode, (unless it was already pointed out before?)

I can imagine Amy will be the most protective of it, unless the creature is hideous to her, and she is repulsed by it. 

During the #AskSonicBoomCrew sessions, they did say they'll be more musical episodes. So yeah, the boys are back yoh!

1 minute ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

Translation: On foot, on horseback and in Poto-Mobile

Synopsis states: The boys are all about exciting that their music group have to go live. They all leave in their new van.

Wait are they implying that Dudeitude/Dreamboat express is coming back?

A "Battle of the Boy Bands" follow-up episode? I know a lot of people who are going to be elated about this...

Oh hey, you remember Retro and Beta right? 

Well Beta is voiced by Kirk while Retro is voiced by Roger.

Just a neat tidbit from ol' Freiberger.