Awoo.

Animal Crossing New Leaf~

Nintendoga

It's a really helpful guide, but the values for almost all of the items are wrong; for example, it says Sharks are worth a whopping 60,000 Bells, when they are, of course, not.

Oh it lists it as the buying price btw. Selling price is always a 1/4th of that from the normal Re-tail and such, so a fourth of that would be the 15,000 you sell it for. I really don't know why they didn't just include selling prices as well, but of whale.

Thought about picking it up as well. A friend of mine got it and says it's pretty awesome and helpful for the most part. Do you know if it shows like all the clothes and stuffs you can find/buy too?

Wario is probably going to be mad jealous if he doesn't already own these...

But yesterday I got Samus' space jump boots from a fortune cookie ticket...And today, after a shitty night of fighting with my partner, I go and score myself a Samus' Helmet!

Bazinga!

I've found that using a guide in Animal Crossing kind of ruins the fun after awhile because you basically know all the shortcuts to get everything.

And once you have everything the game gets much more boring.

• Thumbs Up 1

So finally paid off my first house loan, and upgraded to a slightly bigger house, about half way through with my new bridge donations, and I've just paid for ordinance for "Night Owl" town, since i'm mostly active at night playing the game, and the 10 and 11pm closing time for shops is really not ideal for me at all, I've also gotten 2/4 of the Museum filled in all areas but paintings, I don't even have a single one yet so it's frustrating because I want to unlock the cafe and gift shop! But tomorrow Tortimer is letting me go to the tropical Island! So I can finally get my wet suit and go diving to get new things for my museum!

Gosh, this game is really good, I love it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The island's worth it just for the money making possibilities. Those beetles are worth a huge chunk of bells.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank GOD It's getting hard to make enough money for my projects as well as paying off my new house loan, and spending adequate amounts of bells in the stores so they develop into bigger stores etc. I can't wait to go to the island tomorrow!

I wonder if it will always be summer on that island. If so, it will make getting bells so much easier during the fall/winter. Seriously, during those seasons the best you can hope for are red snappers and bees so having a place where you can always reel in sharks would be a big help. It probably won't help with sweet water fish though. 

• Thumbs Up 1

This thread can't help make me thing of this BitF strip:

2010-10-26-286-TheFishNextDoor.jpg

Also, am I right in understanding that AC has no romantic relationship options whatsoever?

Oh, and how does the series compare to the likes of the Sims? I got sick of the latter because there was always too much to do and I could never make my mind up what to do. It sounds like NL has a main goal for you to work on outside "do a bunch of random stuff that takes your interest"; I'm more goal orientated.

I still think that a game like AC would be murder on my OCD though...

I've never played a single game in the series which is why I'm asking.

Also, am I right in understanding that AC has no romantic relationship options whatsoever?

Oh, and how does the series compare to the likes of the Sims? I got sick of the latter because there was always too much to do and I could never make my mind up what to do. It sounds like NL has a main goal for you to work on outside "do a bunch of random stuff that takes your interest"; I'm more goal orientated.

Yeah there isn't any romance, as far as I know.

But this game is a lot more goal oriented than the Sims. The focus is on getting money, paying off your debt, creating new town ordinances and work projects, customizing your house and town, and getting a lot of stuff. There's also incentive to fill out your museum, collecting all fossils, paintings, fish and insects- some of which are only available at certain times of day, or certain times of the year. There's a ton of stuff to do, and it's a game you're meant to play a little bit every day or two, even if it's only for 15 minutes or so. But despite how much free-range it gives you, it never feels totally directionless.

I hate the Sims, and love this. It's a fun time-waster and there's reason to keep coming back to it. As for whether or not you'll like it, I can't say, but it has my recommendation.

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 1

The only thing I can say is that the game is rather demanding of your time when it comes to events, especially tournaments, award ceremonies, town meetings and such, the game itself is based around an in-game clock that is fixed to your actual 3DS time, so when it's light in RL it's also day-time in game, and when it's night it's dark in-game too, stores close at certain times, and re-open in the morning so getting stuff done at night is pointless unless you enact the "night owl" ordinance, but yes it is very fun, simple things like digging holes, planting fruit/trees/flowers is seriously enjoyable, and even visiting the museum and adding to it.

If you do get the game, and you're missing one of the main tools (Shovel, Fishing Rod, Bug Net, Pail/watering can) I'm sure we can lend a hand and drop stuff in for you via visiting by streetpass/wifi c:

I think we could easily form a tight community here on the SSMB, since most active members here own the game, I'd like to think we can help each other!

Edited by Super Soniko
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well, there's always the goal of building your house as big as possible and paying off all your debt. Other than that, you can try to complete the exhibitions in the museum, collect all pieces of some furniture set and other stuff. On the other hand you will never EVER complete everything the game has to offer and while you do always try to reach your goals, achieving them sort of just happens since you never know which fossil you're going to dig up or what fish you're going to catch next. 

I don't think it's really possible in AC to get too obsessed over doing something since there's only so much you can do in one day. You can only dig up a few fossils a day and the stores always have different things on sale each day so unless you're just collecting bells, there really isn't that much you can do to achieve your goals in each day. Though every time you do get something done you feel like achieving something. 

Well, that's just my thoughts on the series. I haven't played NL far enough to give my opinion on the new additions but even in previous AC titles it all goes down to you trying to create your perfect home and hometown. 

Wario is probably going to be mad jealous if he doesn't already own these...

But yesterday I got Samus' space jump boots from a fortune cookie ticket...And today, after a shitty night of fighting with my partner, I go and score myself a Samus' Helmet!

Bazinga!

>:U I HAVE THE BOOTS

But today I got a Mario Kart. ;-;

Thought about picking it up as well. A friend of mine got it and says it's pretty awesome and helpful for the most part. Do you know if it shows like all the clothes and stuffs you can find/buy too?

It does have all of them.

Edited by Super Smash Wario

Guys, favor: if you get stuff for the museum that's hard to get and you already had it, hold them so we can trade!

Guys, favor: if you get stuff for the museum that's hard to get and you already had it, hold them so we can trade!

Example?

(I completed the T-Rex this morning, because I'm-a da best. >:U)

I tried to get this but it's been sold out at walmart for awhile....plus I'm not 100% sure where my 3DS is anyways. 

Man I used to love me some animal crossings, I used to play it obsessively with my neighbors. I think the funniest thing ever happened one time my brother as a prank made a character name Tom Nook, and sent my friend a letter basically calling her a horrible person and banning her from the store. You should have seen her face as she read it, I literally never thought I'd stop laughing.

"I....oh my god....what did I do? I didn't do anything. Why does Tom Nook hate me?! Where am I going to shop?!'

I'm still dying haha.

• Thumbs Up 3

Two questions:

How do I get the megaphone? Is it sold at the Nooklings or do I get it somehow else? Having to donate everything to build stuff is annoying.

And, how does Redd appear? Does he open a store on main street or appear on certain days in the village?

Should I get this game? A lot of people over on the Sega forums are speaking very highly of it, and it's tempting me. What's the multiplayer like, and what can you do in multiplayer? I'm an Animal Crossing noob, so I don't really know any of this stuff xD

Should I get this game? A lot of people over on the Sega forums are speaking very highly of it, and it's tempting me. What's the multiplayer like, and what can you do in multiplayer? I'm an Animal Crossing noob, so I don't really know any of this stuff xD

You're a slave in this game.

You're nothing more then a public figurehead for the animals while a racoon works you to death by paying off an infinite amount of loans.

You cannot escape your town. You and up to three friends can visit each other's towns, but there is no escape.

The animals are always watching you. Make one mistake and you just might wake up with your eye missing.

Beware.....

It's pretty good mate

• Thumbs Up 4

So last night I finally found out that you can now stack fruit in your inventory. Apparently you learn this very early on if you listen to all of Isabelle's advice, but I didn't want no stinkin' tutorials for a game series I've been playing for ten years.

So yeah, in case you didn't know, you can stack fruit now. Yaaaaaaaay.

• Thumbs Up 1

By the way, all art has a tell for being a fake now. For instance, the Statue of David. He has a sheet draped over his arm in the fake.

• Thumbs Up 1

So last night I finally found out that you can now stack fruit in your inventory. Apparently you learn this very early on if you listen to all of Isabelle's advice, but I didn't want no stinkin' tutorials for a game series I've been playing for ten years.

So yeah, in case you didn't know, you can stack fruit now. Yaaaaaaaay.

WHAT!?

OH SHIT!

IT WORKS!

HOLY SHIT!!!

THIS IS THE NEXT GENERATION OF GAMING!

• Thumbs Up 1

I paid off the bridge today =3

I go to the island and get fruit, bugs, fish, play games and get more fruit, plant some and then sell the rest. Easy peasy bells.

Oh, and Soniko, when you upgrade the shops the opening times change. Nookington's changes to stay open until 5 am after the first upgrade.

Edited by Mollfie
  • Thumbs Up 1

Catching shit from the ocean floor is a pain in the ass. >:U

Seaweed confirmed for new Sea Bass.

• Thumbs Up 2