Awoo.

Animal Crossing New Leaf~

Nintendoga

Aww man I wanna play this so bad! I can't ever entertain it until I get paid near the end of the month!!

Are you all gonna be visiting each others towns now?

LIES AND SLANDER

So I got the XL bundle with this a few days ago and seriously can't put it down. Pretty sure that's a normal response, but I seriously had no idea about this series being like this so bad haha. It's definitely up there with one of my favorite Nintendo franchises, <3.

So far my island and my 8x8 house thing comes tomorrow morning. For villagers I got 2 cat girls Felicity and Purrl, Tank the Rhino, Dizzy the Elephant, Vesta the Sheep, and Ricky the Squirrel thing I hate to death and keep trying to get him to move out lawl. Got the Shovel/Net/Fishing Rod/Water Pail and then the Wet Suit so far for main items. I also have a knack for finding Rainbow Stags for some reason, which are super cash-monies-dosh, and dubbed it Rainbow Dosh because I'm silly don't judge me XD.

The only bad thing I can say about the game really is it steals all my time away. I definitely have projects and stuffs I could be doing, but whatever, I haven't had a legit gaming obsession in a really long while and feels like I'm having fun for once, so I'm not bothered~. Best part of the game is definitely visiting people. There's 2 friends I join up with nightly for fun times and always have a blast and would really love branching out to visit even more words X3.

Super funs

• Thumbs Up 1

If you wanna get someone to move out Wolfy try pushing them around until they get annoyed, keep doing this everyday you see them (wont have any affect after they are really annoyed). In time this gets then to move out in WW and CF but I don't know If it works on this one (I used to use it on Tiffany the rabbit who kept appearing and who I affectionately named "trailer trash" xD )

This is from when I was showing someone how to tell if your town has waterfalls, by marking where mine are. But this is my town map and you can see where I am, that's where my house is.

tumblr_inline_mo9o1vZxVw1qkuhix.jpg

I'm on top of a cliff, next to the river and looking over the beach.

To get villagers to move away: don't talk to them, don't send them letters, hit them with your net, push them around, plant pitfalls and push them in. Just be a jerk basically. But, I don't think they'll move out until the town is full.

I've been playing Animal Crossing for years and I love the whole series, and while I agree that it can get stale sometimes, I've somehow manage to keep going with it for ages. For me a big part of what keeps it interesting is the community, which is why I have a blog. If you talk to people about it, it can keep you interested. It also helps if you're a collector and want to complete the museum, unlock everything etc. I think that New Leaf will be more interesting, for longer because it's staggered, whereas the others gave you most things upfront.

Edited by Mollfie
  • Thumbs Up 1

I love the game already. Consider me a fan, but I probably won't go back to the older games since I see no point in doing so now. I wouldn't want to go back to something that has less features than the one I'm playing.

To be fair I think AC is better on a Handheld, it's portable and easily accessible pretty much whenever you want. My fiancée used to have a limit in the game time and so only ever got half an hour at a time on the Wii at home. I imagine a few kids have this too. Also it's a lot easier to connect to friends via handheld I believe, you can do wifi or have them there in person

I prefer AC on a handheld, I think it's more accessible. I really liked LGTTC/CF but I'm a grown up and I can play on the Wii as long as I want to, but not everyone can. I also found wi-fi a bit annoying if you didn't have a great connection. However, with WW I mostly did local play because my original DS wouldn't go online most of the time, depending on the connection set up. Then when I tried to use it again last year, after SOS actually, my old original DS wouldn't connect to my friend's one at all. I think it was knackered. So, it depends on what set up you have.

Personally, I just love being able to take it with me everywhere.

So I got Camofrog in my town.

I felt the need to send him a letter telling him how stupid his name was.

Seriously, Camofrog.

Loving the game so far though, at first it felt like I was rushing my way through the game because I already knew what to do and got a shovel, rod and net super quick and within the first hour was already out collecting things. But I realised this is Animal Crossing, I will have to wait real days for things to happen so I'm a bit at ease with it now.

Got a Fire Flower and a Metroid from Fortune Cookies too so I'm quite happy with that <3

So I got Camofrog in my town.

I felt the need to send him a letter telling him how stupid his name was.

Seriously, Camofrog.

Loving the game so far though, at first it felt like I was rushing my way through the game because I already knew what to do and got a shovel, rod and net super quick and within the first hour was already out collecting things. But I realised this is Animal Crossing, I will have to wait real days for things to happen so I'm a bit at ease with it now.

Got a Fire Flower and a Metroid from Fortune Cookies too so I'm quite happy with that <3

I felt the same on my first day because I've played the others, so I knew how it worked in regards to most things. But then you have to wait an actual day for your house to change, and a day or two for new neighbours to arrive etc and it's all good. 

Jez is impatiently waiting to change his ordinance so he can be a night owl town because he dislikes not being able to sell things at midnight lol. I haven't done any ordinances yet, just building a bridge atm.

I'm kinda stumped on how to invite people, I mean i've opened my train gates, but I can't find out how to add a friend :c

Okay, It's my second day playing this game now and there still hasn't been a fishing rod for sale. In fact, both days it has just been shovel and net and you really can't get far with those tools. Especially since I'm donating everything I can to the museum. I completed the fossil collection in Wild World and I'm set on doing it in this game too. 

The town is a bit of a mess due to the way the river is placed. It just zik-zaks through the entire town and it makes it a pain to go anywhere. On the plus side, I located my house in a way that the river flows by thee sides of it, making it only accessible from the north so I have my own little private corner there. biggrin.png

I was pleasently surprised when I noticed that Butch is living in my town. Heck, I was almost screaming with joy. He was easily among my favorite characters in Wild World and although he seems a bit less grumpy and looks a bit different in this game he's still as charming as ever. Now I just need Punchy and Kiki and Rosie and... uhh... I just now noticed that almost all of my favorite characters are cats. I may have just discovered a new side of me and I'm not particularly fond of it... 

Another thing I'm not too fond of are the loading screens. I may just be spoiled by the fast loading times of AC:WW but man do those things feel jarring. Oh well, just a minor complaint. Oh and I noticed a rather hilarious thing in the manual. They are actually worried that some people might find Mr. Resetti disturbing so apparently you can select whether you want him to appear or not. Now that just defeats the purpose completely. :/

I haven't really gotten anything out of the new feautures yet. I need to get full approval from the villagers first. But man, the game really looks a lot better than I expected. I just wish I could control the character using the touch screen like in ACWW but the circle pad works well enough. 

Oh well, all of my complaints so far are pretty trivial stuff and I'm sure I'll get used to it in no time. May the quest for new friends and bigger houses begin. 

Yeah I need a fishing rod too, just the bug net and the shovel for me for the last 2 days, hope a fishing rod comes up soon... My partner keeps telling me she's catching sharks and octopus and raking in like, 7-10,000 bells from each round, I really could do with that sort of cash so I can buy more from Able,Sable & Labelle as well as Tommy so they can expand their business, and I can unlock Shampoodle so I can change my character's hair and colour, seriously don't like the generic girl I have right now :/

I have no net, but a fishing rod. :\ Nooklings have ANOTHER fishing rod and shovel for sale today. I've been racking up some pretty nifty bells (gotta work on my reaction time for those sharks...), but the worst part is, today's the Bug Off contest. ); So I can't participate.

Also, got the same lucky ticket two days in a row, a 1-Up Mushroom. >:\ I want my Metroid and Zelda stuff, damn it.

If you approach the guy that's hosting the Bug Off, you can buy a net off him for 500 bells. :) I just spoke to him randomly to see if he'd offer me one and he did!

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh I found you can get essentials like Rods and Nets from Isabelle by talking to her about stuff you can do now you've newly moved in. You still have to pay for them but it's quicker than waiting for Nooklings to get them in.

So one of my trees grew a "perfect apple". It was all shiny and shit. I buried it in hopes that maybe it'll grow into a tree of just those shiny bastards.

Also, this game has beautiful music. <3

Does Nookling Juntion only change their equipment stock if you have purchased them the day before? They had a net and shovel yesterday which I don't need. But today they have the exact same equipment. I'm waiting to get a slingshot now, and apparently you can only get an axe from the garden shop this time.

Tried making a pro pattern last night too:

941116_596237367076703_702016546_n.jpg

970564_596237383743368_1882619346_n.jpg

ALTTP jumper! (Had a house expantion since this photo as well)

Once I unlock the second floor in the museum, I think i'm going to have a Nintendo exhibit full of the Fortune Cookie items :D.

Edited by Guest

Yeah, I wish you could still use the D-pad :/. I can't wait to be able to scan QR codes, I've got all these designs I found on Tumblr that I want to wear! I think one of them was Skyward Sword Zelda's dress.

Only a matter of time before someone makes a whole Sonic outfit :P

Aargh you guys are making me want to use my debit card to buy this game!

• Thumbs Up 1

Aargh you guys are making me want to use my debit card to buy this game!

Do it then! You won't be disappointed!

My friend code is 0275-7722-7079 btw let's cross animals together ❤