Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

The players committed theft?  In what sense?

Little snacks and stuff at the food court, but there were reportedly accounts of glass cases there being smashed and broken. So petty theft, but still some slight vandalism.

Pic of the day

WcMcL3k.jpg

Sakurai:

Pic of the day. The leg and arm positions of some characters will automatically be mirrored when facing left or right. Mario, for example, will have his chest shown in the foreground regardless of whether he's facing right or left. This was quite a tedious task, but thanks to it we can show the best features of each character even better.

Hm..Well that's interesting.

At first, I thought the whole image was about "Look! Fireball Mario and Red Greninja!!".

• Thumbs Up 3

2rhb976.jpg

Pic of the day. The leg and arm positions of some characters will automatically be mirrored when facing left or right. Mario, for example, will have his chest shown in the foreground regardless of whether he's facing right or left. This was quite a tedious task, but thanks to it we can show the best features of each character even better.

2cgg748.jpg

Here's another example: in the previous games, you saw the back of Kirby's head when facing left. Now Kirby looks great from any angle.

I assume this effect won't be applied to characters that are somehow asymmetrical by nature, like Link or Samus.

• Thumbs Up 5

Literally noticed this when the game was first revealed. I half-considered the idea that this was done to make Mega Man match his NES sprites better, although that's really not substantiated. 

It's still cool, though. 

It's cool, and lovely how they put in the effort for something like that.

Still, on colours though, I guess this deconfirms some peoples' (frankly over-ambitious) prediction that colours would be kaput and we're only get costumes. Actually, it makes me worry again that only a small amount of characters will have costumes.. Dr Mario would be a perfect alt for Mario after all, and it'd be a damn shame if Sakurai still didn't give Pokémon Shiny-based colours after all this time.

Here's hoping there will be many more surprising colours and costumes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's hoping we don't get tinted colors of sonic and be able to fully color up sonic.

It's cool, and lovely how they put in the effort for something like that.

Still, on colours though, I guess this deconfirms some peoples' (frankly over-ambitious) prediction that colours would be kaput and we're only get costumes. Actually, it makes me worry again that only a small amount of characters will have costumes.. Dr Mario would be a perfect alt for Mario after all, and it'd be a damn shame if Sakurai still didn't give Pokémon Shiny-based colours after all this time.

Here's hoping there will be many more surprising colours and costumes.

I never thought colors would go anywhere. Hell, color changes are easy to add in anyway. I don't see why anyone think that pure color swaps would go away.

I thought they did sort of apply Shiny Pokemon colours? Pikachu with a red and white hat is golden yellow like its Shiny form.

I thought they did sort of apply Shiny Pokemon colours? Pikachu with a red and white hat is golden yellow like its Shiny form.

I'd call that a coincidence, because none of the other playable Pokémon in the series (besides maybe Mewtwo or Jigglypuff) have had shiny alt colours.

Here's hoping we don't get tinted colors of sonic and be able to fully color up sonic.

Don't hold your breath.  This was so far back now that I wouldn't know where to begin looking for a source but I remember at some point I heard something about how SEGA were being precious over the fact that he must always be blue.

• Thumbs Up 1

Still, on colours though, I guess this deconfirms some peoples' (frankly over-ambitious) prediction that colours would be kaput and we're only get costumes.

...who the fuck even said this? I want a lot of alt costumes too, don't get me wrong, but nobody's ever advocated that they should outright replace pallette swaps. Jesus christ.

...who the fuck even said this? I want a lot of alt costumes too, don't get me wrong, but nobody's ever advocated that they should outright replace pallette swaps. Jesus christ.

I don't see a reason to get so verbally worked up about a single sentence I wrote saying this may disappoint some people who hoped/thought costumes would replace colours. My post was far from attacking or slighting anyone. It's not a big deal, so there's no need to be so defensive about it?

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't see a reason to get so verbally worked up about a single sentence I wrote saying this may disappoint some people who hoped/thought costumes would replace colours.

So basically you made a passive agressive jab at people who may or may not even exist.

Glad we cleared that up.

Honestly that's quite an awesome detail, I guess the other way was a bit more realistic but sometimes the character wouldn''t look well, although it's just for some cases. Kirby is the ideal example, you wouldn't even see his face xD

Red Greninja is awesome, but please give him his shiny form color swap, easily one of the best shiny forms in X Y.  Then again almost no pokémon besides Pikachu (and perhaps Ivysaur?) has recieved this treatment, Wich makes you wonder why in earth hasn't he used those it's basically an idea for an alt. color served in a silver platter.

So basically you made a passive agressive jab at people who may or may not even exist.

Glad we cleared that up.

Jesus Christ dude, he was just saying that this isn't that surprising of a revelation.

The alt. costume gossip has been around since Brawl's reveal, and people still do it, some of which were in this very topic.

If he was saying something like "haha you faggots actually thought there would be alternate costumes, I'll be feeding off your tears" or some shit, then there'd be an issue. There isn't one here.

• Thumbs Up 5

Glad we cleared that up.

..there was nothing remotely passive aggressive or jabby about my post at all, where did you get that from?

How paranoid do you have to be to think "I guess this deconfirms every colour being a costume for those who wanted it, it was a bit of an over-ambitious wish but still a shame" = "HAHA LOL AT THE PEOPLE WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS POSSIBLE Xd FUCKIN OWNED"

Seriously give me a break, if I knew merely pointing out a deconfirmation would get people swearing at me and thinking I was unleashing a brutal assault on their shins I would have kept my trap shut. The one who's injected unwarranted passive aggression and malice into this conversation now is you, because I assure you my original post was nothing more than pointing something out and I don't understand how you could have possibly read it otherwise considering my total lack of confrontational language.

for you competitive players out there, new third party Nintendo indorsed remote coming(note image in the link is not the actual remote)

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/228699-performance-designed-products-announces-the-wired-fight-pad-for-wii-u?sid=d2e06bf1abeb4a6c6d9f386849ac7ac3

The leading third-party manufacturer of video game accessories to release a line of Nintendo GameCube inspired controllers for Wii U, aligning with the release of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Sherman Oaks, CA – 5/20/2014 - PDP is proud to announce that they are partnering with Nintendo to develop the Wired Fight Pad, a new line of Classic Controller inspired by the original Nintendo GameCube™ Controller.

The Wired Fight Pad is licensed by Nintendo and designed for use with the Wii and Wii U consoles. The Wired Fight Pad plugs directly into the Wii Remote External Extension Connector. Players can use it for Wii and Wii U games that support the Classic Controller, the Classic Controller Pro, as well as some of Nintendo’s Virtual Console games.

The Wired Fight Pad will feature fan-favorite Nintendo characters such as Mario, Yoshi, and Princess Peach with a shape inspired by the original Nintendo GameCube Controller.

The Wired Fight Pad will be available at game launch at your local video game retailer this holiday season for an estimated SRP of $24.99.

For any and all press inquiries on the Wired Fight Pad, please contact pr@pdp.com.

• Thumbs Up 1

..there was nothing remotely passive aggressive or jabby about my post at all, where did you get that from?

Because of this, for starters:

How paranoid do you have to be to think "I guess this deconfirms every colour being a costume for those who wanted it, it was a bit of an over-ambitious wish but still a shame" = "HAHA LOL AT THE PEOPLE WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS POSSIBLE Xd FUCKIN OWNED"

You're putting words into other people's mouths, and using terms like "over ambitious" to broadly paint them as some kind of irrational, without any even remotely tangible indication these kinds of people even existed. And then decided to dodge the question entirely rather than validate or withdraw the notion, even though it would have been pitifully easy to do so. It's hard not to see it as inciting or baiting for the sake of it, even though that may not have been the intention.

Whatever. Maybe I should stop posting at midnight when I'm so much more irritable.

for you competitive players out there, new third party Nintendo indorsed remote coming(note image in the link is not the actual remote)

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/228699-performance-designed-products-announces-the-wired-fight-pad-for-wii-u?sid=d2e06bf1abeb4a6c6d9f386849ac7ac3

sZ6bkru.jpg?1

I know this isn't the actual pad, but what even is this supposed to be? I can't even begin to describe the number of things wrong with it.

You're putting words into other people's mouths, and using terms like "over ambitious" to broadly paint them as some kind of irrational, without any even remotely tangible indication these kinds of people even existed. And then decided to dodge the question entirely rather than validate or withdraw the notion, even though it would have been pitifully easy to do so. It's hard not to see it as inciting or baiting for the sake of it, even though that may not have been the intention.

..What

"over ambitious" isn't offensive or insulting? It means.. "over ambitious"? Wishing for 50 characters is imo, "over-ambitious", but in saying that I'm not offending every person who wants ~50 characters because I want ~50 characters. It's just a term, the only "inherent negativity" attached to phrases like over-ambitious are societal ones but the phrase alone is not a negative or insulting one.

Especially since I never said names or said anyone here wished for that or even implied that they were remotely stupid for wanting it?? Or irrational??

And I dodged nothing and had no reason to withdraw anything, I am telling you, no holds barred, what I meant, and why. Your insistence that I must be trying to offend or slight someone is 100% imaginary. Come off it and let me as an English graduate write words with no inherently negative connotations without being told that I am using words that have inherently negative connotations when they factually do not have inherently negative connotations, please.

I'm not going to withdraw saying "a cool thing that people might have liked to see was a bit over-ambitious" as if it's an offensive thing when I openly admit that many of my own desires for this game and gaming in general are over-ambitious.

Stop putting words in my mouth, you have no one to blame for this confrontation but yourself. If paragraphs and paragraphs are what it's going to take for me to say "I didn't use offensive language and didn't intend to offend anyone" then paragraphs you'll get. You say it's hard not to see it as inciting or baiting when I think you're the only person who did, everyone else seems to understand just fine what I meant.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't even know what you're talking about anymore. All I originally asked for is where anyone ever said that they wanted pallete swaps gone:

Still, on colours though, I guess this deconfirms some peoples' (frankly over-ambitious) prediction that colours would be kaput and we're only get costumes.

But I guess that's too much to ask.

I'm out now. Laters.

I don't even know what you're talking about anymore. All I originally asked for is where anyone ever said that they wanted pallete swaps gone:

But I guess that's too much to ask.

I'm out now. Laters.

And you got overly defensive and personal about it for literally no reason and took a condescending tone to call me out on it just because you expected me to provide examples of where people had wanted such a thing?

At most, I perhaps should have used the word "hoped" instead of "prediction", but I don't think it's necessary to cite specific people when addressing a part of a game wishlist (doing so probably would have been quite rude).

You don't exactly see people saying "oh yeah that specific person on this specific website wanted this kind of thing in the game but now it's confirmed that it's not happening", I don't know why it's insulting for me to not do so. All I know is, some people were hoping or thinking that each colour would be costumes this time around, and by implying that was a potential part of many peoples' Smash wishlists doesn't mean I was offending them.

I've more than told you what I meant, is it too much to ask to be able to post a regular post in a regular discussion without a rude snarky reply?

• Thumbs Up 1

And you got overly defensive and personal about it for literally no reason and took a condescending tone to call me out on it just because you expected me to provide examples of where people had wanted such a thing?

Just for clarification's sake, no, I was more asking where you'd heard it. "On here" or "on Miiverse" or somesuch would've been fine - I certaintly didn't ask you to dig through 400-odd pages (not counting the, what, three seperate Smash threads we have?) to provide specific examples. Even I'm not that pedantic.

I think there's been misconstruments on both sides and it's gotten out of hand, so best not to feed it more I think.

Lol

So about the gcn like controller?

I'm pretty sure most of you guys will like this.

So about the gcn like controller......

Yeah, to be honest I'm kind of lukewarm about that. The cube's button layout is an odd kind of niche that only really suits a small, specific set of games well at all. Smash is one of them, of course, but I can just use one of the existing Pro controllers - or heaven forbid, a nunchuck - and lose absolutely nothing on it as far as Smash is concerned and still be able to play a whole lot of other games the way they were intended to be played, too. Is there really a market for it outside of purists? That's what I wanna know.