Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

For the record: I'd just like to say that I don't think it'll ruin the game with the utter lack of specifics we have now. If it's nothing scummy, I'll be fine with it and it is indeed too soon to make a judgement. But with the money-scumming ways I've seen this tech used before, I still have an extremely bad feeling about it. I'd love to be proven wrong though, more then anything at this point really. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It's probably to save custom movesets of those characters to use with another persons copy.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have no problem with DLC, but I do have a problem with plastic garbage wasting space :U So I hope the NFC stuff is useless in Smash Bros.

I agree with the idea its to save your custom movesets to trophies. Perhaps even just to transfer your profile info as well, so you can gain GSP on the go!

And personally, I always liked figures. Being a collector and all, it'll be something really awesome to have neat little figures of... well, Smash.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm almost certain the figures won't be used to intentionally hold back content- not any more so than Smash usually does, by having you unlock characters as you go.

If anything, aside from custom movesets and save data, I could see the figures maybe giving you earlier access to particular unlockable characters.

C'mon guys, really? Nintendo wouldn't be that dumb.

Nintendo wouldn't be that dumb.

Well.. they had been convinced for almost 2 years that the Wii U would be hella successful

Well.. they had been convinced for almost 2 years that the Wii U would be hella successful

That's not really what I'd call dumb though- just over expectant. The Wii did massively well, and it appears Ninty assumed that entire userbase (brought together because of the health fad of the time) would upgrade.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nintendo's NFC strategy is built around cross-game functionality, not a glorified "buy the character" Skylanders concept.

Kneejerk reactions a plenty.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nintendo's NFC strategy is built around cross-game functionality, not a glorified "buy the character" Skylanders concept.

Kneejerk reactions a plenty.

That's the opinions I got about the NFC strategy, its all about allowing characters to be used in multiple games and exchanging details between them. I do think that some games might need characters to be purchased to play as them, but for the most part its intended to allow you to use those characters in various games and trade information between them. Smash Bros. will likely be the base, with the main cast of that game each having their own NFC, but the characters would be available in the game; getting the figure simply allows you to transfer data for that character to other games.

I most of all want Smash Trophies. I'd like a whole series of figurines dedicated as trophies; given the little designs most Smash trophies have, because hey, it's aesthetic fun.

Oh you guys, wanna be in the smash invitational(if you live in the US ),Want an excuse to Dress up as Captian Falcon and punch Ridley in the face? well heres your chance

BoQUxVHIUAAY_FJ.jpg

Don't forget to check out that full rule list, because it goes into detail with what countries can participate, such as Canada. (Except for Quebec.) 

And many other rules that original list does not delve into; like don't have any non Nintendo branded logos present in the video. It's the little stuff that escapes you.

http://e3.nintendo.com/invitational/rules.html

Who would show support when I post my instagram vid? I'm gonna really try hard with this contest.

Its a small chance but you never know.

Who would show support when I post my instagram vid? I'm gonna really try hard with this contest.

Its a small chance but you never know.

If you have Captian Falcon and K.Rool perhaps :P JK somewhat 

• Thumbs Up 1

MUTHAFUCKING IKE

2vd4mbt.jpg

Pic of the day. Ike, the swordsman of magnificent strength, joins the battle!! Strike your foes down with his powerful smash attacks.

I take back everything I said about relevance.

2rze8a0.jpg

For this game, Ike's design is based on the hero that appears in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. His sword deals heavy damage in Smash Bros., so this design suits him very well! Rest assured, he can use Aether as well.

Sweet. Was wondering if he'd get the RD model if he was back. RD Ike is all his enormously-large biceps-having glory.

• Thumbs Up 8

Did Ike's sword get shorter, or do I just not remember it that well?

Also, I wonder if this affects the chances of a more recent Fire Emblem character being added in.

...probably not.

Looks like someone hit the gym after Brawl

Before.

This is his design from Radiant Dawn. Brawl's was hid Path of Radiance design.

Not a big fan of Radiant Dawn Ike, but I'll take it over shitty ass Chrom so hopefully this is it for FE reps.

• Thumbs Up 1

Damn Ike, did boom knuckles do this to you?

Lol jks Ike looks pretty powerful now, I bet hi attacks will be more stronger this time.

Ike's looking beefed and cooler. Definitely more for the not-experienced-in-Fire-Emblem folks to like than "other Marth".

Did Ike's sword get shorter, or do I just not remember it that well?

Also, I wonder if this affects the chances of a more recent Fire Emblem character being added in.

...probably not.

Ike's bigger and more muscly; the sword is probably still the same, but it looks smaller due to his new proportions.

FINALLY.

Geez, didn't care who it was. Just wanted a character reveal of some sort. But yeah. Ike.

We can still make 'Coffee or Tea?' jokes!

I don't know why, but I kind of expected Ike to still be in. Although I'm loving his new appearance!