Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Not sure about Mega Lucario being a Final Smash. In the shots we've seen of it, the stage has had its natural lighting. But in the shots of what we know are Final Smashes (Power Star, Three Sacred Treasures, Poltergust, even Zard X), the stage has retained the familiar darkened light from Brawl's Final Smashes.

Compare these:

tumblr_n3qjmuEqtw1s4uw9po2_1280.gif

tumblr_n3qjmuEqtw1s4uw9po1_1280.gif

To these:

0.jpg

mega-charizard.jpg

daily-2014-04-14-14.jpg

I dunno, this could actually be a new move of Lucario's for his standard moveset.

• Thumbs Up 1

Whoa your totally right, maybe lucario gets really damaged and automatically goes Mega? 

Whoa your totally right, maybe lucario gets really damaged and automatically goes Mega?

Nope because in the direct there are points where you see regular Lucario with full aura.

If Mega Lucario X just brings Lucario to full power, then wouldn't it be completely useless if he's already at full power?

Unless "full power" wasn't meant literally and he actually is a lot more powerful than just a fully-charged Lucario

Remember what Sakurai said: there are no more characters with transformation moves like Samus and Zelda, so it's unlikely that the Mega Evolution is an actual move instead of a final smash.

Also, in Brawl, i think Wario's final smash didn't glow during the transformation, but i could be wrong on that.

I think the Mega Evolution is the Final Smash, much like Giga Bowser and Warioman.

When Sakurai was talking about transformations he meant into a character with an entirely different moveset ala ZSS or Shiek. Samus still has her Zero Laser as her FS but doesn't transform. Sp its likely that Mega Lucario and Mega Charizard just powerup the attack power and speed of the characters moves.

it COULD be a move like a down B, but it seems silly as it is seen to have instantly powered up lucario without needing to be hurt, which would make him seriously OP as a regular move.

Honestly still think it's his Final Smash. It'd feel weird if Charizard's final is his Mega evolution while Lucario's isn't. Maybe the lighting shizz is just happens when you initiate the final smash? Or maybe it's still in development and didn't have that to cue on Lucario's yet or something rather? IDK, just wouldn't feel right on both character's parts if one mega evolution is a big deal while the other is just a part of the combo set.

The Dark lighting only happens while you still have the glowing aura light around you...it goes away the moment you activate the Final Smash. Literally right after.

I think the Mega Evolution is the Final Smash, much like Giga Bowser and Warioman.

When Sakurai was talking about transformations he meant into a character with an entirely different moveset ala ZSS or Shiek. Samus still has her Zero Laser as her FS but doesn't transform. Sp its likely that Mega Lucario and Mega Charizard just powerup the attack power and speed of the characters moves.

it COULD be a move like a down B, but it seems silly as it is seen to have instantly powered up lucario without needing to be hurt, which would make him seriously OP as a regular move.

That's exactly what was being implied, although I do agree on the notion of transformations being switching into a character with an entirely different moveset. That's why I think that Ike being able to switch between axes and swords wouldn't be a transformation in the same way.

If Ike is back and his Counter allows him to counter with the opposite weapon, his moveset doesn't need to change at all, the only thing to change would be his attack power and attack speed. That's completely different from Zelda switching to Sheik and getting an entirely different moveset.

A familiar face from Pikmin 3 pops up in trophy form:

551ph1.jpg

Pic of the day. Here's one of my personal favorites, the trophy of Brittany from Pikmin 3. She won't be joining the battle, but her model and expression is well-designed.

Every Wednesday is "Kill A Character's Chances Day", I suppose.

so I'm not supposed to be fist-pumping right now

Every Wednesday is "Kill A Character's Chances Day", I suppose.

Well, let's be fair now: what could Brittany really do that would make her stand out from Olimar?

• Thumbs Up 7

However, Brittany does happen to be female, and from what I've gathered that means we should all be up in arms over the fact that she's not playable.

• Thumbs Up 4

However, Brittany does happen to be female, and from what I've gathered that means we should all be up in arms over the fact that she's not playable.

That mainly applies to a female character who would be a unique addition. Lyn, for example, is a one to bring up. Lyn would be an amazing playable character despite being another Fire Emblem sword-using Lord, because of the fact that she is based after a Myrmidon class and is a completely nontraditional Lord.

Brittany would just be another Olimar. There's nothing Brittany or any other of the playable Pikmin characters could do that Olimar can't.

A familiar face from Pikmin 3 pops up in trophy form:

551ph1.jpg

Pic of the day. Here's one of my personal favorites, the trophy of Brittany from Pikmin 3. She won't be joining the battle, but her model and expression is well-designed.

Well this is interesting, this one is explicitly said to not be in battle, unlike Wonder Red, makes you Wonder 

Well this is interesting, this one is explicitly said to not be in battle, unlike Wonder Red, makes you Wonder 

Don't read too much into it. Just because Sakurai doesn't explicitly state that every trophy character isn't going to be playable, doesn't mean they actually stand a chance of getting in.

• Thumbs Up 6

Don't read too much into it. Just because Sakurai doesn't explicitly state that every trophy character isn't going to be playable, doesn't mean they actually stand a chance of getting in.

It certainly doesn't exclude the possibility, but yeah, totally agree with you. There's a bit too much straw clutching a wishful thinking around these parts.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hey, Hey, Hey, I never said playable, but it does make me think the possibility of a W101 team Assist Trophy is still possible