Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

So-so are we just going to ignore the other male Villager or

He is the only Villager with a weapon in his hand. A branch, presumably to make you his bitch.

He is the only Villager directly facing the audience, as if he's ready to make you his whipping boy.

HE IS THE ONLY ONE WITH A CHARACTER DESIGN EVOKING THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST. A SHIRT THAT HAS THE NUMBER SIX AND SIX BLACK STRIPES AS WELL AS SIX DOMINANT COLORS FOR HIS OVERALL DESIGN-BLACK (stripes and #6), BROWN (hair), GRAY (circle on shirt and pants), PEACH (skin and maybe his nose), YELLOW (shirt), AND BLUE (eyes and shoes).

HE IS THE ONLY ONE WITH SMALL, PENETRATING EYES STARING DIRECTLY INTO YOUR SOUL.

AND IF MY SCIENTIFIC CALCULATIONS ARE CORRECT, THOSE EYES ARE NEVER GOING TO BLINK

• Thumbs Up 4

AND IF MY SCIENTIFIC CALCULATIONS ARE CORRECT, THOSE EYES ARE NEVER GOING TO BLINK

Well, yeah. It's a screencap after all!

/tongue-in-cheek reality check

I really like the alt Villagers, not too surprised he's getting them. I doubt many characters will have this much variety in alts, we'll probably just get recolours again for most...but I'd love to be wrong!

The fact that Sakurai went all out giving the Villagers not just 2 costumes but multiple, perhaps even every different "colour" is actually an alt. costume for the Villager..

Gives me hope that the amount of alt. costumes we see in this game could be more than we initially expected.

Can I continue to hope for Skyward Sword Zelda's inclusion? ;-;

The fact that Sakurai went all out giving the Villagers not just 2 costumes but multiple, perhaps even every different "colour" is actually an alt. costume for the Villager..

Gives me hope that the amount of alt. costumes we see in this game could be more than we initially expected.

Can I continue to hope for Skyward Sword Zelda's inclusion? ;-;

Judging by the color of their shirts, it would make sense.

But there's no blue. Eh, there's probably at least two more alternates.

Judging by the color of their shirts, it would make sense.

But there's no blue. Eh, there's probably at least two more alternates.

Most characters in Brawl had 6 colours I think, and we've seen that Villager has at least 4 "colours" all of which are entirely different costumes (on a much larger scale than say Pikachu or Pichu's different headwear)

I'm thinking the final game will probably have a couple more Villager costumes we haven't seen, one more male and one more female.

Damn, I really don't like the hairstyle or colour scheme of the second boy villager there considering he has the face that my villager has in the games, but what can ya do. XP

Really glad multiple villagers are included, it would've been ridiculous not to.

Maybe it'll be like Wario from Brawl, Villager will have 8 Alts, 4 for male villager and 4 for female villager, like Wario had two sets, one for each of his costumes

Why would it be only 4 for each?

I think it would most likely be either 3 or 6 for both Genders.

Why would it be only 4 for each?

I think it would most likely be either 3 or 6 for both Genders.

6 would be generous but not infeasible.  4 would be (realistically) the bare minimum, to allow all four players to play as their preferred gender villager if they wanted to.

Don't forget that you have to account for team colours too.

Part of me wishes we could just create custom palletes, but eh, not really surprised that was never on the cards.

6 would be generous but not infeasible.  4 would be (realistically) the bare minimum, to allow all four players to play as their preferred gender villager if they wanted to.

Okay that makes more sense...

I only capped 3 because there's only 3 colors to use for Team battle and 6 because Wario had 6 colors for each of his costumes, so I thought why can't any other character get that.

They're all adorable! And scary, in a "I'm cute but going to kick your ass" kind of way. Goooood.

Really? I think they're scary in an "I am going to slit your throat while you're asleep" kind of way.

Especially the one in the red dress

T5yqA1P.png

tmaL0D1.png

pD9RnLb.png

shudder

Now I know they are evil incarnate. But once, just once, I'm going to have all 4 players play Villager.

Then, make them all do that little dance taunt.

It will be adorably evil.

Okay that makes more sense...

I only capped 3 because there's only 3 colors to use for Team battle and 6 because Wario had 6 colors for each of his costumes, so I thought why can't any other character get that.

Isn't it 4? Red, blue, yellow and green?

Isn't it 4? Red, blue, yellow and green?

No, just Red, Blue and Green.

Also I personally don't see why there need to be 4 costumes for each gender. Sure it's possible but I don't think it's super likely, that sounds like an awful lot of modelling effort for one character slot.. Sure people will want to do 4 way Smashes playing as the gender of their choice, but I'm pretty sure (not that it's the same thing) you can't have 4 player Ice Climber matches where everyone is playing as Popo.

Idk, I just feel like people expecting 4 costumes for each gender will end up being disappointed.

Speaking of Ice Climbers, I hope they're doin' ok.

The Villagers really aren't terribly complex models, tho. And looking at the 4 we've seen, it seems like the only difference in the actual model of the boys is the hair, and the girls look like they use the exact same model.

Expecting it to be mostly 3DS focused, along with the release date.

We'll probably get a Wii-U direct later this fall.

Well that is exciting. Hopefully more info on the 3ds version. Since that one is coming soon.

But I'll take anything.

Drop dem bombs