Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

I don't care about Doctor Whooves, I actually think he's kind of lazy. Just a ponified version of the Doctor? Puh lease. Lyra and Derpy are much more interesting!

Anyway, that Fighting is Magic gameplay demo is cool and all but...where is Fluttershy?! ..Oh no, don't tell me she's not in the game because she didn't want to fight. *facehoof*

Edited by Gabz Girl
  • Thumbs Up 1

So I was told to read up on the last 50 pages of the thread to catch up/ So I started but I kept getting distracted with videos on Youtube. Then I see a video.

A video by the HUB showing a song from season 3....

Then I look at the date the video was posted, looked at the pages around that date and see that there was another season 3 song released and I saw that cool as hell display thing with all the characters and Dery derped and Scootaloo flying.

So, I ask if anything important pony related has happened and I get told about the new .MOV videos, the Adventure Ponies game and Fighting is magic updates.

Yet no-one bothered to mention that two season three songs were released!?

I just have no words. I feel like either punching through the screen with my head or laughing.

Oh well, the songs are awesome.

I guess it says something good about the fandom when people mention fan stuff over official stuff when asked if they missed anything important.

On another note, I love Doctor Whooves and I actually watched an episode of Doctor Who a while ago. I liked it so I should probably start watching more.

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyway, that Fighting is Magic gameplay demo is cool and all but...where is Fluttershy?! ..Oh no, don't tell me she's not in the game because she didn't want to fight. *facehoof*

Edited by Hue the Hedgehog
  • Thumbs Up 1

A video by the HUB showing a song from season 3....

Here comes the spoilers down below.

Ballad of the Crystal Ponies first named the Crystal Fair song.

http://mlp.wikia.com..._Crystal_Ponies

And next comes The Failure song "I Wasn't Preprared For This"

The song was leaked at the MLP Comic Con Panel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtCiUg8_4U4

http://mlp.wikia.com...he_Failure_Song

Now this raises my hype bar for Season 3.

Edited by Applejack1973

Hmmm... It sounds way to philosophical to me from what I've heard. I don't really like reading stories like that, due to how hard it is to wrap my mind around it. In other words, I don't really want to think too much when I'm reading stories. Shame, cause I could use more Lyra fics.

Started reading chapter 2...have to say you probably have a point. The first page of it makes me feel like I'm reading a book for a philosophy course. But I'm still very intrigued by this mystery, so I'm sticking with it for now.

Of course, while Discord's similarities to Q irks me a little bit (very little) He at least is a good character even if you aren't familiar with the Star Trek franchise (Though I am familiar, and I do remember loving the Q episodes Star Trek the next generation when I was younger.)

True. I will say that if they were to ever make Whooves 100% canon, I would want them to tackle him with the same philosophy as Discord. Make him a time traveller with a British accent, but let him work within the confines of the show. No TARDIS, no screwdriver and no regenerations. (Even ignoring copyright issues)

But I mostly prefer they just keep doing what they're doing. Let the fandom go crazy with him and just keep him on the show as a shout-out/pop culture reference.

On another note, I love Doctor Whooves and I actually watched an episode of Doctor Who a while ago. I liked it so I should probably start watching more.

Yes, yes you should. You won't regret it cool.png

Gee, for a moment I felt glad you were talking about the fic list I made (and haven't updated in months) but then I realized you are most likely talking about my "to read" list...

Oh well, there seems to be some topics going on that I can talk about...

1) My Little Dashie:

Never read the thing, don't have any plans to do it in the near future.

2) Dr.Hooves:

I don't mind the doc, I'm not a whovian nor I know anything about the series (except some tidbits I took here and there from the net), I don't mind his presence in the show nor his fanon, time traveling is cool...

Having said that, I don't like to read about him in fanfics, he is such a protagonistic character in his universe that whenever someone decides to include him it either turns out into a Dr.Who fic or the author has to come up with some really BS reason to justify why he hasn't done anything and solved the whole situation by himself.(He is a brilliant being, he is immortal, he can travel in time, he has saved the universe in countless occasions, the whole universe seems to respect him or outright fear him, he has seen and beaten pretty much every threat the world could face so he knows his shit about doomsday situations... And a long etc), not that I don't like stories that have him as a protagonist from the beginning (though I have yet to read a really good fic starring him) but I don't want to read about timey whimey shenanigans when I'm reading an AJ X Soarin' story... (just to name a random topic, totally not implying anything)

3) Background Pony

If this was a fanfic centered community I'd probably get some hate for saying this but as we are right now this is my favorite ongoing fic. >_>

There are some things you should take in mind before reading it though. (might be considered spoilerish)

A - It's philosophical, or as some would say it's purple as fuck, Speed has only read the first chapter so he might think it's not such a big deal but the very beginning of the second chapter has Lyra going on a tirade about a topic I can't remember, just brace yourselves for some epic rants and paragraphs worth of thoughts whenever a character has a chance (usually, Lyra whenever she is alone)

B - Headcanon, SSaE's world is highly unlikely to have any relation with the show, he is trying to make it fit but it just doesn't work IMO.

C - Is long... Not Fallout Equestria but still pretty long.

D - Is depressing as fuck, the first chapter stabs you with a knife and after that SSaE somehow finds new ways of twisting the wound over and over again... I think there are so far only 2 chapters that you could consider have a happy ending, and one of them comes after a really, REALLY awful moment (so you could say the author was giving Lyra a freakingly deserved break). Also, as I said before I haven't read My Little Dashie so maybe what I say is depressing means utter shit to you...

E - That awful moment, is the pony equivalent of lovecraftian horror...

4) Why didn't you talk about the songs!!1!??

We didn't want to spoil you...

liarjack_da_avatar_by_metalbeersolid-d4bc9sj.gif

Now if you excuse me... TO PSO2...

I GO!

EDIT: whoops! Speed got to read the second chapter :lol:

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 1

God damn it Castlevania, look what you did now.

110825%20-%20Canterlot%20Castlevania_Symphony_of_the_Night%20celestia%20Lyra.jpg

You can get some good stuff from the comments on FIMfiction sometimes.

Edited by Hank Hill
  • Thumbs Up 4

Gee, for a moment I felt glad you were talking about the fic list I made (and haven't updated in months) but then I realized you are most likely talking about my "to read" list...

Don't worry, we're paying attention. I fully intend to go back and take a closer look at some of your recommendations soon now that I'm *really* mixed up in fanfiction.

Having said that, I don't like to read about him in fanfics, he is such a protagonistic character in his universe that whenever someone decides to include him it either turns out into a Dr.Who fic or the author has to come up with some really BS reason to justify why he hasn't done anything and solved the whole situation by himself.(He is a brilliant being, he is immortal, he can travel in time, he has saved the universe in countless occasions, the whole universe seems to respect him or outright fear him, he has seen and beaten pretty much every threat the world could face so he knows his shit about doomsday situations... And a long etc), not that I don't like stories that have him as a protagonist from the beginning (though I have yet to read a really good fic starring him) but I don't want to read about timey whimey shenanigans when I'm reading an AJ X Soarin' story... (just to name a random topic, totally not implying anything)

I'd like to recommend something here, but I'm not sure how a non-Whovian is going to view it. As knowledgeable of fanfiction as you are, maybe you've heard of Hephestus's work? He has a trilogy of Whooves fics, the third of which is still rather early on. But the first two...oh my god so awesome *squee* They're seriously some of my favorite fics I've read so far. (Though something towards the end of the second really, really bugs me and sticks out in my mind like a sore thumb)

The thing is, he writes them as straight-up Doctor Who episodes that happen to involve ponies instead of the other way around. You could probably get through the first one fine without much knowledge of Who, but the second fic doubles as a sequel to an actual episode. So I think these are really more intended for people with an intimate knowledge of the series. Though for that matter, he also includes throwbacks to old G1 pony villains, and I didn't even know about that until people in the comments pointed it out.

But hey, if any Whovians are reading this and like Doctor Whooves, then you need to click that link.

And if you don't, I will find you. And I will kill you.

EDIT: whoops! Speed got to read the second chapter laugh.png

Well, the first page of it. It was like 1:00am and I was really tired, so I took one look at the college-entry philosophy thesis and decided to go to bed. tongue.png I'll get back to it later. I actually rather enjoy philosophy as a subject, so I might have a lot to look forward to here.

Edited by Speederino

So *that's* Harry the bear! Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash really were house-sitting for him after all!

...Why does he have pony legs?

Edited by Speederino

So *that's* Harry the bear! Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash really were house-sitting for him after all!

...Why does he have pony legs?

Ono, that's just Pedopony.

This is Harry the bear:

Harry didn't pay her for the house-sitting. wacko.png

Lesson: Always pay Fluttershy what you owe Fluttershy.

Edited by Sweecrue
  • Thumbs Up 3

*snicker*

Came across an old post of mine from the Escapist forums, dated April 18, 2011:

*raises hand*

Seriously, I am NOT trying to be condescending or a prick, but I can't help but notice that My Little Ponies is starting to become popular among high school and college age boys. Last I checked, My Little Ponies was watched predominantly by 7 year old girls.

What did I miss? o_0

Oh me from 15 moths ago, you have no fucking idea. And why the fuck did I keep saying My Little "Ponies"?

• Thumbs Up 8

That's amusing when shit like that happens, reminds me of Sweetcrue's post chronicling Sean's spiral into pony madness.

For me it was more "eugh these fucking ponies all over the internet", then my friend made me watch the first two episodes. I thought they were okay, better than expected. But after that, I vowed to not watch it as I knew it'd probably grow on me. A friend and I were subjected to it again by a few others who are into it, blitzed through the first eleven episodes in a ponython of sorts. I could have easily stopped there, but I carried on after and watched the rest in quick succession (up to Season 2's ending straight through pretty much). And now I like these bloody ponies tongue.png

I think I stay more for the lols and the random videos of them on youtube or parodies and stuff like the .mov series during the lul I have now Season 3 is not August (which is lame), I'm not really into fanfiction and all that and never have been.

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 1

I got more of a "Wtf? Everyone's into My Little Pony now? Uh...What happened?" reaction when I first saw how popular Friendship is Magic was becoming. I was surprised when I realized that my friend was now a brony. He and his friend decided to try to get me into the show. They watched the first two episodes with me, and I had mixed reactions at first. I thought the show was OK at best, although that's probably because I still had to get it through my head that My little Pony was spreading through the internet like wildfire.

Really, The Pilot episode's of season 1 are definitely not the best episodes. They're good, but it's not really a good idea to expect someone to become a fan after those first two episodes. Those two episodes just let you know what your getting into. That this isn't the old MLP of the past, but something new. That doesn't mean you'll like it yet.

I watched a few more episodes in order over time, and slowly I found myself liking and appreciating the show more and more until, hesitantly I decided that I was probably a Brony at this point.

Edited by Hank Hill

Next month will mark my experience of MLP.

I saw more forums get their FiM avatars, sigs and on.

Few weeks later I began with Applebuck Season while I found Fimfiction and Equestria Daily.

Now we're looking back on one of my earlier posts.

Is there any other active FiM forums?

I'm a member of two others.

So, we here in Sweden had some interesting news this morning.

(Click [CC] for subtitles)

Very positive, and the ending makes me laugh.

Also the hosts have already been ponified.

pop_all_the_cherries__by_rannva-d58etyk.png

http://fav.me/d58etyk

• Thumbs Up 5

YALL SPEAKIN' FANCY.

But seriously, despite not knowing what's going on for the most part in that, glad that it's getting more positive light as always, <3.

• Thumbs Up 2

I went to Target and didn't find what I wanted, so I got a little $5 Twilight Sparkle instead.

On the bright side, I also went to Gamestop and got some Steam money.

Edited by Pinkamina

Half way through Anthropology. I love how the writing can make the human world feel so vast and confusing.

Ya, that plot twist were it turns out that Lyra is a human wasn't really surprising. At all.

Half way through Anthropology. I love how the writing can make the human world feel so vast and confusing.

Ya, that plot twist were it turns out that Lyra is a human wasn't really surprising. At all.

Maybe not, but I'd still put that in spoilers if I were you. Assuming there are still people here who still feel compelled to check it out, anyway.

Edit: EQUESTRIAAAAA! FUCK YEAH!

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 2

And now, I just finished all of Anthropology.

While I enjoyed pretty much all of this,is this story really over? Now Celestia is about to establish contact with humanity? The Elements of Harmony with humans strategy apparently worked, and Discord is now a statue again, but he just vanished? How/Why? Lyra's going to stay as a human and live with her birth parents for good now, but how did she even get into Ponyville in the first place with that photo and furniture in the first place? That was the biggest mystery in the story, and no answer solved it.

Maybe I missed something in the story here, but wasn't Discord still frozen by the mane 6 still? How did he escape? Did the humans lust and desire for chaos free him or something?

Is this supposed to be the ending? Because if so, it leaves a lot of questions unanswered. I'm hoping this story will get continued. I don't care if it's just a 1-2 chapter explanation that gives all the answers, or an entire sequel. I just my main questions answered.

Still greatly enjoyed this Fanfic though.

Edited by Hank Hill

KingSpartaX37 presents his greatest mix yet

Excuse me, I need a change of pants

• Thumbs Up 2

And now, I just finished all of Anthropology.

While I enjoyed pretty much all of this,is this story really over? Now Celestia is about to establish contact with humanity? The Elements of Harmony with humans strategy apparently worked, and Discord is now a statue again, but he just vanished? How/Why? Lyra's going to stay as a human and live with her birth parents for good now, but how did she even get into Ponyville in the first place with that photo and furniture in the first place? That was the biggest mystery in the story, and no answer solved it.

Maybe I missed something in the story here, but wasn't Discord still frozen by the mane 6 still? How did he escape? Did the humans lust and desire for chaos free him or something?

Is this supposed to be the ending? Because if so, it leaves a lot of questions unanswered. I'm hoping this story will get continued. I don't care if it's just a 1-2 chapter explanation that gives all the answers, or an entire sequel. I just my main questions answered.

Still greatly enjoyed this Fanfic though.

My feelings exactly.

But yes, this is actually over and I get the impression that JasonTheHuman currently has no plans to write a sequel. If that really is the case, then this ending is pretty lackluster. So many questions left unanswered and hardly any resolution to Anthropology itself. Just kind of a 'Yay the villain's defeated so I'm done writing this, dammit!' type thing.

Regardless of the ending, still a damn good fic.

Oh, and Tara Strong just started a Youtube channel. And, well...

Wonder if she's going to do anything more with it or just that? laugh.png

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 3