Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Man this thread has been slow today. We need some ponies to brighten up our day, especially in light of recent tragic events and all that. Let's see here...

Here's a silly little Lyra/Bonbon animation I found.

And...uh...I tried reading a really crappy fanfic. Bad concept, bad execution: a Spider-Man/Pony crossover. I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt because I saw another one a while back that turned out to be halfway decent, but this...oh wow. It actually has a fair amount of likes on FimFiction, I'm not sure what those guys are smoking. It's not even in the 'so bad it's still worth reading' category, it's just bad. Not even worth linking to.

What else...yeah, I've got nothing. HURRY UP SEASON 3 THIS THREAD IS MALNOURISHED!

• Thumbs Up 2

That feel when you go through an entire day without a single fanfic update, despite following around 27 (I don't know what went wrong) of them.

Feels bad man.

Edited by Pinkamina

That feel when you go through an entire day without a single fanfic update, despite following around 27 (I don't know what went wrong) of them.

Feels bad man.

Know the feeling. I'm not following anywhere near that much, but - HOLY SHIT ANTHROPOLOGY JUST UPDATED K THANKS BAI

EDIT: And of course it has to be one of the shortest chapters yet. I'm also starting to get worried that the author is planning on dragging this out way longer then necessary, judging from what I just read.

Edited by Speederino

I hate that Season 3 isn't coming next month. I knew that it was probably too good to be true, and that it was more probable that it was being released in September, but it still got my hopes up, damn it! Oh well, more fanfiction and fan animations then...

One small question, can someone create a cover image for my fanfic? I'm sorry, I would do this myself but I'm absolutely terrible at art (although, I can draw an okay Sonic). If not, that's okay too.

Lyrabouncing.gif

I really really want to put this in my sig, but when I re-size it the bouncing effect gets completely ruined.

Edit: Yay, I finally got it to a better size, but now...well

Test2.gif

The first one's too tall and this one looks too flashy. There was another that might do if it weren't so splashy. I don't think that I'm mistaken, it seems all the good ones have defects. I really think that at this rate I'll never get the perfect sig, don't want to quit and give out hope.

...Good god I need to go to bed. But you will be mine bouncy Lyra. YOU WILL BE MINE!

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 7

Just finished that "For a New Lunar Republic" Fanfic.

I had hoped that the story would continue to remain good after Chapter 9 made me regain total interest in the story again, and thankfully it has. Chapters 9-27 were all well written.

The ending was also a bit of a surprise. Apparently it involves

Discord Controlling Celstia the entire time, (But Discord is being referred to as "Wrath" now?)

but I'm not so sure what to get from the ending.

Hoping to start on Anthropology tomorrow.

Edited by Hank Hill

Just finished that "For a New Lunar Republic" Fanfic.

I had hoped that the story would continue to remain good after Chapter 9 made me regain total interest in the story again, and thankfully it has. Chapters 9-27 were all well written.

The ending was also a bit of a surprise. Apparently it involves

Discord Controlling Celstia the entire time, (But Discord is being referred to as "Wrath" now?)

but I'm not so sure what to get from the ending.

Hoping to start on Antrhopology tomorrow.

How old was it? When he first arrived, there was a nasty habit for a lot of in-progress stories that just kind of glued him on as some sort of sequel hook or offscreen greater evil without doing anything more with him; so depending on the vintage of the story it might be suffering from that.

How old was it? When he first arrived, there was a nasty habit for a lot of in-progress stories that just kind of glued him on as some sort of sequel hook or offscreen greater evil without doing anything more with him; so depending on the vintage of the story it might be suffering from that.

The first part of the fanfic was uploaded on September 1 2011 and the Epilogue on June 19, so if the plans for end were already thought out by that point of the first chapter, you might be right.

Edited by Hank Hill

v403z7.jpg

Here is my RD collection and I buy them at a toy store in a local city.

The two other toy stores had FiM toys but now it's all sold out.

v403z7.jpg

Here is my RD collection and I buy them at a toy store in a local city.

The two other toy stores had FiM toys but now it's all sold out.

Huh nice. I know not a lot of people here probably wont buy my little pony toys, but I do. Really, I don't think it's that different from buying other things that I obsess over, like Sonic, Mario and such things.

I really only care about the mane six though when it comes to brushables, and I try to make them look as accurate to the show as possible... Though I am planning on getting a Lyra ( <3 ) and Trixie brushable when the come out. I also have a Pinklestia, which I am still looking for someone to paint her to her original white color for me.

In addition to brushables, I've also gotten blind bags, which are very popular among Bronies. I've gotten over my phobia of getting recolors and now I have about... 9ish? My personal recolor favorite is Fizzypop... due to my sodaholism. tongue.png

51733__UNOPT__safe_fluttershy_rarity_applejack_official_hasbroc_saddle_adventures-in-ponyville.PNG

Let it be known that the phrase "Out of Character" as applied to fan works can never ever be used from this point on.

Also:

51731__UNOPT__safe_pinkie-pie_fluttershy_applejack_official_hasbroc_adventures-in-ponyville.png

Riddle me this! How can I befriend two Ponies who are already my friends?

Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 9

51733__UNOPT__safe_fluttershy_rarity_applejack_official_hasbroc_saddle_adventures-in-ponyville.PNG

Let it be known that the phrase "Out of Character" as applied to fan works can never ever be used from this point on.

And this was why I felt embarrassed to play any of Hasbro's official games on their website. Silly developers, Applejack wouldn't care about that! And Fluttershy is the last pony to show her openly jealousy, especially looking that pissed. XD

Waaait, does that say salon in the first panel? Dammit Hasbro, it's a Boutique! BOUTIQUE!

Huh nice. I know not a lot of people here probably wont buy my little pony toys, but I do. Really, I don't think it's that different from buying other things that I obsess over, like Sonic, Mario and such things.

I really only care about the mane six though when it comes to brushables, and I try to make them look as accurate to the show as possible... Though I am planning on getting a Lyra ( <3 ) and Trixie brushable when the come out. I also have a Pinklestia, which I am still looking for someone to paint her to her original white color for me.

In addition to brushables, I've also gotten blind bags, which are very popular among Bronies. I've gotten over my phobia of getting recolors and now I have about... 9ish? My personal recolor favorite is Fizzypop... due to my sodaholism. tongue.png

I got Pinkie and Twilight pillows (they're so soft!), Applejack and Rainbow Dash McDonalds toys, a Pinkie brushie and a Sweetie brushie. I might make a quick stop at Target and see if I can get Cadance and Shining Armor. Mostly for Cadance. Because Cadance is cool. Maybe some pocket ponies too (dat Gilda).

Edited by Pinkamina
  • Thumbs Up 3

I think I'm one of the few geeks out there that doesn't really care about swag/collectibles/merchandising/all that stuff. I'll take an occasional poster or t-shirt perhaps, but you'll never find me in a toy aisle buying things other than birthday presents for my nephew. I just don't really see the use of them.

However, that's not to say there have never been trinkets that have caught my eye...

• Thumbs Up 1

I've made it perfectly clear before that I have no intention of buying any of the toys UNLESS they release an Applejack with proper hat. My fear is, when and if that does get released, I might start buying others and not be able to stop. So far, my MLP:FiM merchandise consists of the DVD release and one of the giant coloring/activity books. Eeyup, that's all. I'm such a die-hard fan.

I think I'm one of the few geeks out there that doesn't really care about swag/collectibles/merchandising/all that stuff. I'll take an occasional poster or t-shirt perhaps, but you'll never find me in a toy aisle buying things other than birthday presents for my nephew. I just don't really see the use of them.

However, that's not to say there have never been trinkets that have caught my eye...

I Don't really care for the FIM merchandise either, but I'm tempted to get my hands on one of these Nightmare moon figures.

1.jpg

And if you can find me a discord figure, then it's probably going to be a day one buy.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm not buying any official merch that's not a season DVD/Blu-ray set, which probably won't be for another fifteen years.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait wait wait, that last chapter update for Anthropology is actually the *last*? That's the actual end?

I'm going to have to guess he's sequel-hooking. Or I hope he is. Absolutely none of those loose ends I mentioned earlier have been tied up.

Only now I'm reading his user profile, and it doesn't sound like he's currently planning a sequel. Gotta admit, I'm kind of disappointed with how suddenly this ended. Hardly any resolution, multiple threads left dangling...but I still plan on re-reading it in the near future anyway tongue.png

Edited by Speederino

Now that we are talking about Applejack toys I show mine.

The poster is from a German magazine.

2rqhwup.jpg

29oo6le.jpg

Oh wow Fluttershy looks pissed there. XD Why would she even care about a bling bling saddle?

Since we're talking about merchandise, I've got almost all the main Pony brushables except for Rarity and Applejack. Also got me a few blind bag Ponies, but that's it really. I want more blind bags but they're so hard to find in the UK. D;

Edit: Where did you find that comic anyway?

Edited by Gabz Girl

Forget the expressions, Applejack and Fluttershy just look hideously off-model, period.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not buying any official merch that's not a season DVD/Blu-ray set, which probably won't be for another fifteen years.

I'd probably only buy toys if the faces and stuff looked more like the show, as well as the hair being molds instead of hair like those custom ones we saw a few days ago.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd probably only buy toys if the faces and stuff looked more like the show, as well as the hair being molds instead of hair like those custom ones we saw a few days ago.

B-but, the hair is the best part! You can brush and style them to your heart's content and have them look more like the show if you want!

Molds are so boring. dry.png

Edited by Pinkamina
  • Thumbs Up 5

Sorry if these are old but I had to post it especially with nothing in news lately and for newcomers

548994_476623282348591_504395030_n.jpg

Looks like I conquer equestria with scootaloo.

• Thumbs Up 2