Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Ladies. Gentlemen. I have a very special post in store for you. One year ago today, I officially became a brony:

I mean damn, an entire year has come and gone, and in that time I have learned far, far, FAR more about the My Little Pony franchise than I ever thought I would (No, really). And I've had a ton of fun experiencing and sharing the awesomeness of Friendship is Magic with you guys, so I felt like I needed to do something. Some people might draw some kind of picture or make a comic, but I can't draw for shit. Others might make a song, but I know next to nothing about music composition.

But I can write. I did extensive research on the brony fandom, and I know what we bronies like in our fanfics, so may I present...MY FIRST PONY FANFIC!!!

Kenny’s fingers drummed across the dirty, Dorito-stained keyboard. The clickety-clackiting noise reverberated off of the three empty Mountain Dew cans, transforming the everyday noise into a beautiful symphony of art. The digital clock in the corner of the computer screen read 1:17am. For ten hours straight, Kenny had been working hard on typing up his ten page paper about The Death of a Salesman and how it represented the AMERICUHN DREAMZ or whatever, and totally had not spent six of those hours reading pony fanfiction and obsessively checking Twitter. Finally, exhausted, he put the final period in place.

“Fucking exhausted.” he mumbled to no one in particular. Finally free of his obligations, he was free to do whatever he wanted. The mouse cursor hovered over Firefox, and Kenny sighed a sigh of relief as he was greeted with the familiar Google search bar. The whole universe was at his fingertips. He could read up on current events, chat with some friendly people all over the world to expose himself to other cultures, or even take in some political discourse if he so wanted to. All of human knowledge was at his disposal, ready to do his bidding.

“Pony time, fuck yeah.” he said in a sing-song voice. The first thing he always did during pony time was visit the Sonic Stadium Message Board. Not for Sonic, he hadn’t really been interested in discussing that particular franchise in several months now. Far more important was the thread devoted to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, the most awesome television show to ever exist in the history of ever. Because it was about ponies. And friendship. But to his dismay, it had now been a full twenty minutes since anyone had posted. The night was looking grim. Due to the lack of new episodes, the thread had devolved into this. There was a time when a new post would come along every ten minutes, but now Kenny had to wait twice as long for someone to get off their ass and post ponies. The wait was excruciating. Maybe he just needed to log in. That would give people a whole other 15 seconds to join the fun. He dragged his cursor to the log-in bar and typed the following into their respective fields:

Username: Speederino

Password: LOLYOUWISH

He clicked the ‘sign-in’ button, and his computer screened turn stark white.

“How odd,” he said to the spider on his wall “Must not have loaded correctly”. That’s when something crashed through his window, showering the room with shards of glass, one of them lodging right in his left eye (Apparently getting through his glasses, somehow)

“This is terribly inconvenient, and is causing me a great amount of pain” he said. But Kenny’s jaw dropped at what had landed on his bed, and it was so awesome that it healed all of his wounds. It was ROID RAGE, the muscle-bound steroid pony from Hurricane Fluttershy. He had brought with him words of infinite wisdoms.

“YEEEEEEEEAAAAAH!!! YOU ARE THE BRONY WHO WILL SAVE US!!!”

“Isn’t that the premise of every -"

“WHO CAAAAARES!? THIS STORY IS 100% ORIGINAL, YO!”

And so Roid Rage took Kenny to Equestria, letting him ride on his back. They spiraled through a vortex, and at the end of the vortex was Twilight Sparkle’s library. When she came out she was all like:

“Oh my god, I never thought I would get to meat the ULTIMATE BRONY HERO!!! Is it true you got your powers because you were bitten by a radioactive Jesus?”

“Guilty as charged.” I said said Kenny.

“Thank Celestia!” said Twilight as she engaged Trixie in hot pony sexual relations. “Discord and Nightmare Moon and Queen Chrysalis have returned, and we need the seventh Element of Harmony.”

Kenny flexed his muscles and said “Then you do indeed need the ULTIMATE BRONY HERO!!! Where is the seventh element?”

Just then, Princess Celestia arrived in her friend ship (This idea is mine please don’t steal), saying “Twilight Sparkle, I am holding you responsible for my sister being evil again, because all she wanted was to have an awesome threesome with you and Trixie, and your rejection made her evil again.”

“Of course I did” said Twilight “The idea of me being shipped with Luna is STUPID, and the people who think that would be a hotter pairing then me and Trixie are STUPID!”

“Silence student. I expect a letter explaining what you have learned about shipping by tomorrow, or I will send you to magic kindergarten. In the meantime, you must gather all of your friends and get on board the friend ship (Seriously, do not steal or I will send you to the moon), then we can unleash all seven Elements of Harmony.”

Kenny shook his head. “We do not need your friend ship, for there is a pony in this world who can get there faster. And there is only one way to summon him. All the viewers must click this link, and he will hear our summons.”

A familiar *vwooo* noise filled the library, as a blue box materialized and Doctor Whooves stepped out.

“Hello I’m the Doctor. I know the score so I went ahead and got all of Twilight Sparkle’s friends on the TARDIS. Now we just need the ULTIMATE BRONY HERO!”

So Kenny and Twilight went on the TARDIS, and they had adventures through time and space. After they were done they stopped and got ice cream, and then they went to fight Discord, Nightmare Moon, and Queen Chrysalis. They had combined into one form to make the most epic pony villain ever, QUEEN DISCORD MOON!!! (My 100% OC, so do not steal) Seriously guys, this thing looked so awesome that I just can’t possibly describe it. Deal with it. Twilight, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash unleashed their Elements of Harmony, but it did not work.

The Doctor shook his head. “I should have known. Q.D.M can not taste the rainbow, and earlier Derpy Hooves tried throwing exploding muffins at it, but that didn’t work either. We need the ULTIMATE BRONY HERO…we need you, Kenny!”

So Kenny unleashed his element, the POWER OF ROCK AND ROLL!

fell on everyone’s ears as he played the song perfectly on his new electric guitar that he wrestled from an evil warlord. When Q.D.M heard it, it melted because of the awesomeness.

“I am so glad I got to have this Equestrian adventure, but I must go because my world needs me.” So the Doctor took him home on the TARDIS, and back in Equestria Twilight and Trixie let the now-returned Luna in on their fun.

THE END

And please this is my first time writing, so be nice! lolololololololololololololololololol

I am so sorry for making this

Speederino, in honor of your brony birthday, and your pony fic being the first I've ever read, I present to you, in all her glory...

fVqbt.png

Hope you like it, bro. Worked really hard on it.

tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 5

Ladies. Gentlemen. I have a very special post in store for you. One year ago today, I officially became a brony:

I mean damn, an entire year has come and gone, and in that time I have learned far, far, FAR more about the My Little Pony franchise than I ever thought I would (No, really). And I've had a ton of fun experiencing and sharing the awesomeness of Friendship is Magic with you guys, so I felt like I needed to do something. Some people might draw some kind of picture or make a comic, but I can't draw for shit. Others might make a song, but I know next to nothing about music composition.

But I can write. I did extensive research on the brony fandom, and I know what we bronies like in our fanfics, so may I present...MY FIRST PONY FANFIC!!!

Kenny’s fingers drummed across the dirty, Dorito-stained keyboard. The clickety-clackiting noise reverberated off of the three empty Mountain Dew cans, transforming the everyday noise into a beautiful symphony of art. The digital clock in the corner of the computer screen read 1:17am. For ten hours straight, Kenny had been working hard on typing up his ten page paper about The Death of a Salesman and how it represented the AMERICUHN DREAMZ or whatever, and totally had not spent six of those hours reading pony fanfiction and obsessively checking Twitter. Finally, exhausted, he put the final period in place.

“Fucking exhausted.” he mumbled to no one in particular. Finally free of his obligations, he was free to do whatever he wanted. The mouse cursor hovered over Firefox, and Kenny sighed a sigh of relief as he was greeted with the familiar Google search bar. The whole universe was at his fingertips. He could read up on current events, chat with some friendly people all over the world to expose himself to other cultures, or even take in some political discourse if he so wanted to. All of human knowledge was at his disposal, ready to do his bidding.

“Pony time, fuck yeah.” he said in a sing-song voice. The first thing he always did during pony time was visit the Sonic Stadium Message Board. Not for Sonic, he hadn’t really been interested in discussing that particular franchise in several months now. Far more important was the thread devoted to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, the most awesome television show to ever exist in the history of ever. Because it was about ponies. And friendship. But to his dismay, it had now been a full twenty minutes since anyone had posted. The night was looking grim. Due to the lack of new episodes, the thread had devolved into this. There was a time when a new post would come along every ten minutes, but now Kenny had to wait twice as long for someone to get off their ass and post ponies. The wait was excruciating. Maybe he just needed to log in. That would give people a whole other 15 seconds to join the fun. He dragged his cursor to the log-in bar and typed the following into their respective fields:

Username: Speederino

Password: LOLYOUWISH

He clicked the ‘sign-in’ button, and his computer screened turn stark white.

“How odd,” he said to the spider on his wall “Must not have loaded correctly”. That’s when something crashed through his window, showering the room with shards of glass, one of them lodging right in his left eye (Apparently getting through his glasses, somehow)

“This is terribly inconvenient, and is causing me a great amount of pain” he said. But Kenny’s jaw dropped at what had landed on his bed, and it was so awesome that it healed all of his wounds. It was ROID RAGE, the muscle-bound steroid pony from Hurricane Fluttershy. He had brought with him words of infinite wisdoms.

“YEEEEEEEEAAAAAH!!! YOU ARE THE BRONY WHO WILL SAVE US!!!”

“Isn’t that the premise of every -"

“WHO CAAAAARES!? THIS STORY IS 100% ORIGINAL, YO!”

And so Roid Rage took Kenny to Equestria, letting him ride on his back. They spiraled through a vortex, and at the end of the vortex was Twilight Sparkle’s library. When she came out she was all like:

“Oh my god, I never thought I would get to meat the ULTIMATE BRONY HERO!!! Is it true you got your powers because you were bitten by a radioactive Jesus?”

“Guilty as charged.” I said said Kenny.

“Thank Celestia!” said Twilight as she engaged Trixie in hot pony sexual relations. “Discord and Nightmare Moon and Queen Chrysalis have returned, and we need the seventh Element of Harmony.”

Kenny flexed his muscles and said “Then you do indeed need the ULTIMATE BRONY HERO!!! Where is the seventh element?”

Just then, Princess Celestia arrived in her friend ship (This idea is mine please don’t steal), saying “Twilight Sparkle, I am holding you responsible for my sister being evil again, because all she wanted was to have an awesome threesome with you and Trixie, and your rejection made her evil again.”

“Of course I did” said Twilight “The idea of me being shipped with Luna is STUPID, and the people who think that would be a hotter pairing then me and Trixie are STUPID!”

“Silence student. I expect a letter explaining what you have learned about shipping by tomorrow, or I will send you to magic kindergarten. In the meantime, you must gather all of your friends and get on board the friend ship (Seriously, do not steal or I will send you to the moon), then we can unleash all seven Elements of Harmony.”

Kenny shook his head. “We do not need your friend ship, for there is a pony in this world who can get there faster. And there is only one way to summon him. All the viewers must click this link, and he will hear our summons.”

A familiar *vwooo* noise filled the library, as a blue box materialized and Doctor Whooves stepped out.

“Hello I’m the Doctor. I know the score so I went ahead and got all of Twilight Sparkle’s friends on the TARDIS. Now we just need the ULTIMATE BRONY HERO!”

So Kenny and Twilight went on the TARDIS, and they had adventures through time and space. After they were done they stopped and got ice cream, and then they went to fight Discord, Nightmare Moon, and Queen Chrysalis. They had combined into one form to make the most epic pony villain ever, QUEEN DISCORD MOON!!! (My 100% OC, so do not steal) Seriously guys, this thing looked so awesome that I just can’t possibly describe it. Deal with it. Twilight, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash unleashed their Elements of Harmony, but it did not work.

The Doctor shook his head. “I should have known. Q.D.M can not taste the rainbow, and earlier Derpy Hooves tried throwing exploding muffins at it, but that didn’t work either. We need the ULTIMATE BRONY HERO…we need you, Kenny!”

So Kenny unleashed his element, the POWER OF ROCK AND ROLL!

fell on everyone’s ears as he played the song perfectly on his new electric guitar that he wrestled from an evil warlord. When Q.D.M heard it, it melted because of the awesomeness.

“I am so glad I got to have this Equestrian adventure, but I must go because my world needs me.” So the Doctor took him home on the TARDIS, and back in Equestria Twilight and Trixie let the now-returned Luna in on their fun.

THE END

And please this is my first time writing, so be nice! lolololololololololololololololololol

I am so sorry for making this

I love you for this, Speederino. :) That was such an enjoyable read. XD Though you shouldn't give your password out like that.

Now BRB, going to draw some Q. D. M. which i can't upload because I have no scanner.

Happy one year brony birthday, Speederino! Woo!

• Thumbs Up 1

Your real name is gummy right?

Totally.

59363+-+4th_wall_what_4th_wall+Scrunchy_Face+applejack+exploitable+liarjack+lying+screencap+scrunchy+season_two.png

Speederino, in honor of your brony birthday, and your pony fic being the first I've ever read, I present to you, in all her glory...

fVqbt.png

Hope you like it, bro. Worked really hard on it.

tongue.png

Did...did I just receive my first ever fanart? Of Q.D.M? Wow, really man, that's...

MINE YOU FUCKING THIEF!!!

(No but seriously, I love you forever)

I love you for this, Speederino. smile.png That was such an enjoyable read. XD Though you shouldn't give your password out like that.

Now BRB, going to draw some Q. D. M. which i can't upload because I have no scanner.

Happy one year brony birthday, Speederino! Woo!

And I love you for loving me :3

----

From now on, we should all celebrate our brony birthdays, turn it into a legitimate thing. Think of all the Pinkie Pie parties! Seth Green approves this idea.

AysOBLXCQAM2j2-.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

"My stuff could stand to be at least twenty percent cooler"

Guild Wars is now the best thing ever and I don't even know what it is.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait, did that just actually happen in that video?

hmm

*golf claps*

EDIT: Also, has anyone found any original songs that's about Tank at all? I've been wanting to make one, but I don't think I've stumbled across any yet (well I haven't really flat out looked either).

I GOT FEATURED ON EQUESTRIA DAILY!!!!!

Okay. I'm like ridiculously, unreasonably excited about this so I have to rave about it somewhere. Take a look:

http://www.equestria...ws-cadence.html

And then take a look at the number of views on the song they featured:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMxkuKdq5-s

Edited by AndrewClocksin
  • Thumbs Up 6

I'm baffled and disappointed in all of you for not posting this...

Whatt' next?

Official Season 3 teaser?

And congrats with one year of Brony!

• Thumbs Up 1

"My stuff could stand to be at least twenty percent cooler"

Guild Wars is now the best thing ever and I don't even know what it is.

It's pretty much an MMORPG that you don't pay a monthly fee for (no monthly fee for Guild Wars 2 also). The developers liked to stuff the game full of quotes and references from pop-culture and other media. It get's even more ridiculous on holidays and other important days. I remember last April Fools day they gave Warriors some new shouts, "Objection!", "Take that!", and "Hold it!".

It's a very entertaining game, though the main focus really is the Player vs Player aspect. Luckily you don't have to play the main campaigns and farm forever and ever in order to get into that (you're allowed to make a PvP only character at the start). That being said, the first Guild Wars has an insultingly low level cap (20), and you will hit it before you finish half of a campaign normally.

Edited by Pinkamina

...And ain't no other pony troll it down like me, I'm...Twilightlos? Was ist diese?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRFaT33Shd4

Oh Tara, what have you started? Before we know it every Twilight voice actress will be doing one of those XD

Also, have some extreme awesomeness:

Epic1-500x673.jpg

Edited by Speederino

So I was watching that PONY WARS: Discord Strikes Back! movie that was released in 2099, and the ending surprised me.

tumblr_m37t2uq66m1r0qpm0o1_500.jpg

NO WAY

Edited by Hank Hill

So I was watching that PONY WARS: Discord Strikes Back! movie that was released in 2099, and the ending surprised me.

tumblr_m37t2uq66m1r0qpm0o1_500.jpg

NO WAY

• Thumbs Up 2

What am I doing now by coming back for more? Is me or have I been here before? I want to go somewhere that we can explore, just take me away from here to somewhere that’s nowhere near...

B2vwm.png

Episode 9: I Know What You Did Last Year

Hey! I'm getting the hang out of this multiple communities thing! That or now that PSO2's lunch rush died down I don't need to pay so much attention to how everything goes (also, thanks to Coral for unintentionally covering my flank from time to time).

Anyways, if I must confess something is that while I totally wanted to post about this artist at some point the timing was a bit off for the problems I stumbled upon last week... So... Uhhh... Here you go?

This weeks musician is a particular case, an artist with another particular voice and I guess some sort of recording issues... I guess not being a pony might do that to you... Anyway, today we go out of the pony comfort zone and travel to a griffin metropolis... Or is it a village?... Wait... We are still on Ponyville?... Okay... Coming to tell us the story of a pegasus taking some vacations on Ponyville... Here comes JackleApp!

01 ) Defect (v.)

As I said before Jackle App is an interesting case, his voice is quite unique for putting it in a way (sometimes sounds like a Celestial instrument while other times it sounds like the squawks of an agonizing griffin on it's deathbed) and his style of music has a really nice use of string instruments...

He also seems to have an awful recording software or instruments, since most of his songs sound kind of distorted. >_> (Is that even intentional? He sounds just fine in others)

This particular song seems to deal with some random thoughts on the artist head... Are they deep? Are they random nonsense? Who knows! It sounds catchy as hell and that's all that matters.

02 )

(AKA the fighting ballad of Princess Celestia)

While I don't think this one really fits with the subject at hoof (A fighting theme for Celestia) I still think it's a pretty cool track, it also shows us that Jackle can also do more electronic stuff, something that we will see from time to time here.

03 ) Tori - They All Have To Die

Depressing Lyrics aside this song is amazing, I really love what Jackle did by "glitching" the acoustic guitar, this would be one of my Youtube picks if it ever was in Youtube to begin with... >_>

04 )

A piece that was made as a birthday present for PinkiePieSwear, and a pretty good one at that. (though don't go there expecting something made completely in PPS's style)

05 )

And here begins the story of a Pegasus who was stuck in the ground for (I guess) a whole year...

Griffin Village (as the album is called) is with little doubt Jackle's most known work, inspired by Owl City (hence the name) it's a little tale that consists of 4 songs, each one representing a season of the year, this is the first one, summer talks about the accidented arrival of the protagonist to Ponyville and how he ends up living with Lyra and Bon Bon, the happy tune and the griffin's voice combine to create something really good... Especially the tune, that thing is made of earworm..

This little tune has also spawn some really good remixes too, one of them already shown in a previous post (If my memory doesn't fail me), but that's not relevant to this topic is it?

06 )

Another pretty good electronic track, it has a quite relaxing sound... Until 2:09, then everything goes to yay laugh.png

It's not so bad, but it caught me off guard the first time I heard it, then it comes back t the original tune at 3:04,

Also, love the ending.

07 )

I'm not sure how much yay there is here, but that's a lot of squaking... Kind of reminds me of So Nasty by Peacock... Except that this one came way before that one so saying this feels kind of wrong...

Oh well.

08 )

Griffin Village time! The second track of the album deals with our protagonist finding a certain blonde mare playing with her kid and being fascinated in a totally not creepy way...

The song itself is IMO, beautiful, it starts as a nice pop like song with what might be the catchiest chorus I've heard out of this fandom, then at the 2:35 mark the melody mellows down a bit and some strings join adding a lot to an already great track...

This piece has also inspired some remixes. (but I gotta reserve them for another day of attentionwhoring)

09 ) Autumn Goodbye

No, this one isn't from Griffin Village.

But it certainly fits, like a good bye to the wonderful Autumn (both the song and the season)...

10 )

After a little break we are back to Griffin Village, the protagonists finds a certain griffin who looks pretty devastated about certain events that happened...

A nice look at another POV and a great song to booth, I love the use of MLP's jingle.

11 ) Slow Down

Pretty relaxing track, also a pretty good one if you consider it was made i 30 minutes as part of a challenge.

12 )

A very interesting piece, half pogo half average remix...

I like more the pogo part but the rest of the remix is good too.

Also, I just had to put it before the next track, for the lols.

13 )

The forth and final chapter of Griffin Village, our protagonist is finally healed and could leave Ponyville whenever he wants to... But love hit us in the least expected places and moments...

Going back to the more happy tones of Summer and Autumn this works as a really good ending to the album, my only grip with the song is how it kind of clashes with some of the words spelled on Winter... Actually, Winter itself is like the oddball of the album... I guess the pegasus had more encounters than the ones illustrated in the EP.

Oh well, regardless of me complaining about a 4 songs album not being worth of a Nobel prize in literature, this is a pretty good song.

14 )

AKA Happiness...

While not Simple Joy levels of quality this track is pretty good too, and I think a nice way of wrapping this up.

And so concludes another episode of The Playlist, please handle with caution.

Man, despite doing this in a hurry I got to say it didn't came out that bad...

Troooot wiiiiith meee through the auuutummmn leeeaaaves...

Damn it now I can't get it out of my head! >_<

Oh well, come again next week for Episode 10: Use an Apple... And if That Don't Work, Use MORE Apples!

EDIT:

1)

No Happy Birthday greetings to Lauren Faust yet?

http://www.equestria...day-lauren.html

SHAMEFUR DISPRAY SSMBRONIES!!1!

2)

*notices Sean's current sig*

*tries... to reach,,, insulin......AFHAFHFAHBGHGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGdrop*

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 3

I think my heart just stopped!

Love is in Bloom mixed with His World? FUCK YEAH!

• Thumbs Up 2

Syndication packages for popular shows make more money for the people producing the show than it does first run, and they don't have to pay any development costs either.

Though hopefully we don't have to worry about that (and I really doubt we do).

Edited by Gilda

I really hope they make a movie or something after cutting the season length in half.

Or hey maybe this means we won't get anymore CMC episodes! (Less likely, I know)

Oh and congrats to Andrew for making it onto EqD!

• Thumbs Up 2

(And since everyone is freaking out in the comments, season 3 was finished quite a while ago, and as far as I can see, Meghan is still working at DHX, so you can be pretty sure there are more episodes, or a movie, after season 3.)
Edited by NGw00d

I've been wondering how a Movie would work out recently in this pony drought. The Disneyholic in me envisions it it as a sort of Disney style musical/adventure. Hey, the show already draws a lot of inspiration from Disney, so It'd be cool to see... At least I think so.

I can't help but wonder if a possible movie would be in theaters or direct to video/TV. While I am wishing for a movie release myself, but considering how rare it is nowadays for TV based movies to get a theatrical release, I'm betting it would be a TV Original. But hey, this show's become a bigger hit than expected, so who knows?

Still, season 3 being 13 episodes long kinda annoys me, movie or no movie, cancelled or not. This is mostly due to my OCD. 2 and a half seasons? Ugh... the sudden change in numbers hurts my brain.

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings

I've been wondering how a Movie would work out recently in this pony drought. The Disneyholic in me envisions it it as a sort of Disney style musical/adventure. Hey, the show already draws a lot of inspiration from Disney, so It'd be cool to see... At least I think so.

I can't help but wonder if a possible movie would be in theaters or direct to video/TV. While I am wishing for a movie release myself, but considering how rare it is nowadays for TV based movies to get a theatrical release, I'm betting it would be a TV Original. But hey, this show's become a bigger hit than expected, so who knows?

Still, season 3 being 13 episodes long kinda annoys me, movie or no movie, cancelled or not. This is mostly due to my OCD. 2 and a half seasons? Ugh... the sudden change in numbers hurts my brain.

I would bet money that it would be a Disney type musical adventure deal judging from the wedding episodes. While I'd love for the movie to get a release in theaters, thats pretty doubtful. It would probably be direct to DVD/Blu-ray and get played a bunch of times on the Hub and what not.