Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

This has to be the best thing I've ever seen!

http://derpiboo.ru/48895

Find the rest of the pages here: http://derpiboo.ru/tags/rainbow-wake

Oh yeah, that one is a classic. laugh.png

Anyway, today is Thursday (I think) and that means it's time for ponies and...

B2vwm.png

Episode 8: 1 Minute and 52 Seconds

Woooo pony!

Yeah, I haven't been the most active member this last months, also, some of you might be wondering why I didn't get the chance to plug my fic list the moment Sean brought the topic, well, there are 2 reasons for this...

1) That thing is outdated as hell

2) I don't seem to have the same tastes as the guy (read, Naked Singularity)

This week also had some new challenges appearing in my life and to make things better, last night I realized 2 of the artists I've been planning to post here don't have enough tracks to do so... So now I'm rather confused about what will I post in 3 or 4 weeks from here on...

But enough of my complaining, no one comes to read (and hear) about this, today's list is from another artist that I didn't have to make any effort to post about, like Mando, he is pretty much one of THE brony musicians, with his peculiar voice and dance style here comes... The Living Tombstone!

01 )

This one was Tomb's presentation letter for me (and I guess the same applies to many bronies out there), a really odd remix of WWU, mostly because it takes so long to start...

An intro that lasts 1 minute and 52 seconds to be exact, a quite eerie and, dare I say, creepy introduction... Back then I was barely amused by the thing and said "Well, I guess that making creepy things is his style... With a nick like that and everything" but then I was proved wrong... And boy how wrong I was! just when I was starting to consider closing the tab the video hits the 1:52 mark and my head and other body parts were totally and completely annihilated by what came after that glorious moment of bass dropping...

And the rest... Is history...

About the track itself, I feel is a little rough around the edges, mostly about how the main song and Tomb's music don't really fit at times (I get this feeling mostly when Rarity sings) and the ending wasn't as epic as I expected, but yeah, this was the track that put Tomb in my radar (and once again, I guess the same could be said about many bronies).

02 )

We continue with a quite interesting remix of Smile, I seem to have a weakness for glitches and stuff like that, so I couldn't avoid to link this one,

dat 0:45 part...

I say this remix is interesting because somehow manages to make a happy song even happier... Bouncier I guess would be a better word (if it even exist).

03 )

Annnnd here we have pretty much the opposite of the previous track, grab one of the most happy pieces of music on the bronydom and turn it into something heavier...

IIRC Tomb's intention was to make it sound more evil, but I don't think the word evil really fits with this one... I'll stick with heavy, maybe badass.

04 )

And now, for something completely ridiculous and amazingly epic at the same time. laugh.png

I love the ending... laugh.png

05 ) Guncakes (ft. Yelling at Cats)

There is something about this track that I find almost hypnotizing, it's not the lyrics... It's the music, that little music a the beginning (and the rest of the song, but it's more noticeable at that point), the rather grim chorus and that laugh at the end...

I can almost taste a bit of Gorillaz in this, and that tiny bit makes it awesome enough.

06)

(might be NSFW)

I'm not sure of it though...

Judging by the lyrics (or as far as I hear) I can tell this is the kind of track that went viral at some point on the internet...

Yeah, sounds like the kind of thing that the internet feeds of...

Awesome music though. laugh.png

Yes, I posted this for the lulz

07 )

This one is brilliant... I've heard the original and this one is a completely different beast. (pretty much like with "Discord")

Tomb has a talent to add some flavor to other's music, (like the aforementioned "Discord", he also made an Adele remix that I really wanted to post here but I didn't get enough space to do so nor I got a right place to put it in) Mic singing is quite good too.

08 )

Ugh, I spend some good minutes trying to find a place to fit this track into...

But I did it for good reason, first of all because it's good, second, sounds quite different from all the other stuff Tombs posts, third, it's an original...

And fourth, shows a little bit of Tomb that I always felt worth mentioning about, he is a great musician, his voice is odd but it fits with most of the things he plays (not to mention it has a nice accent) but the lyrics...

Let's just say he falls short on that department from time to time... The stuff that comes after this point has a lot of singing, so you will be able to make your own opinions in the matter (in case you haven't already, but TBH I doubt that you haven't).

09 )

I might sound awfully biased while saying this (I am), but I freaking love Becoming Popular, more than anything because it spawned some really awesome remixes. So much that it's one of the few tracks that I can't point to 2 or 3 mixes and say "this ones are my favorites"... This is one of these awesome mixes.

This is also a nice sample of Tombs voice, and how well it can fit with the music he plays, it also makes me think about System Of A Down for some reason.

10 )

More rock, more singing, this time with some odd lyrics (which seems to happen whenever he is the one composing them)... Vinyl inspired track, but this only one side of a very interesting coin...

11 )

And this is the other one...

(once again) Odd lyrics and voice aside, this track describes a quite depressing story... One that some fans might argue it's how some ponies could end up, trapped between a wall of fame and empty faces who simply don't care about you and the empty space where the place and people you left behind used to be...

The music is simply breathtaking too (most of tomb's tracks have an instrumental version, so check them too whenever you can), another of these music pieces that can make me tear up at the right time.

I also love when songs have stories like this, I love how this one put together with Like A Spinning Record creates a story of 2 friends being drifted apart (by ones choice) and how it ended up hurting both of them at the end... Shame it's an unifnished story without a clear beginning, I wish we had more stuff like this.

Also, that echo at the end sometimes sounds like someone crying. O_o

12 ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpi-m7aBq-M

Hebrew rock? Hebrew rock!

I wonder how all his other songs would sound in this language? (the English lyrics still sound weird at points BTW)

13 ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-xOkRNLUbs

This track has quite a story, it basically amounts at being used as part of the soundtrack of an (I guess) popular flash animation (and being way older than what the update time reflects).

But that's something I never noticed until today... like... right now >_>

I just picked it because it sounds awesome, and because I wanted to close the list with something headbang worthy...

14 ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceStLYpQxk8

And speaking of headbang worthy endings, here is something awesome Tomb did with Bronyfied.

You see, there are few artist in the bronydom who can play an electric guitar like Bronyfied does, to the point that pretty much everything he touches becomes musical gold and this remix is just another one in a pile of great works of his.

Like our friendly recolor I'll admit I'm not so fond of Doctor Hooves, but this piece is just incredible, especially that ending... Awesome way of closing the song, and this list.

(also, more odd lyrics and singing)

And so, we finish another episode of The Playlist, partying with inanimate objects since it started being seen as something funny.

Hope we can see again next week for Episode 9: I Know What You Did Last Year

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 2

I've been out of touch with my inner brony lately, I need to reignite it, so.....any suggestions?

49101__safe_rarity_sonic_newspaper.png

This is just beautiful Swee. Anyways...that comic is really weird. The faces on the last panel of that link reminds me of Spongebob

Skype chats are an amazing thing aren't they?

Especially when somehow the chat can lead up to your friend creating a wonderful piece of artwork.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...I PRESENT TO YOU....

A piece of shit.

9kt72b.jpg

Edited by Hank Hill
  • Thumbs Up 3

Remember last month when the creator of Turnabout Storm posted a video saying she wasn't going to do the sequel due to (a tiny bit of) negative feedback? Well I can't help but notice that that video has been taken down.

So...maybe she's actually over it now? I can't find any kind of confirmation on her plans, but taking the video down has to mean SOMETHING right?

Edited by Speederino

It might mean that she just isn't going to do it anymore at all, too. We can hope it doesn't, but just putting that out there.

It might mean that she just isn't going to do it anymore at all, too. We can hope it doesn't, but just putting that out there.

Nah, even the video said she was still planing on finishing Turnabout Storm. In fact, here's a comment she made just last week:

If you look at the upload dates of part 1-3 they are all uploaded between a 7 month period of time. As well the fact I'm maintaining communication with everyone, but go ahead and think this is going to suffer from Duke Nukem Forever-itus because I'm going to prove you wrong.

Don't worry, we'll see the legitimate end of Turnabout Storm if nothing else.

Chapter 4 of the Dark Side is complete!

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/33190/Through-The-Crack

In this chapter, Eggman thinks back to when he first discovered Chaos and decided to unleash him upon the world. Now, in front of Discord's statue, he has to make a tough decision: should he attempt to unleash Discord (like he did with Chaos) and risk everything or should he not do it and continue changing his ways?

Oh, and The Party Hasn't Ended is still the greatest thing I have ever read. Every time I read it, I still feel as emotional as I did the first time I read it. So good.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey guys!

A few days ago I heard one of those silly songs bronies make... I'm not sure if you've heard it yet but Jesse Carlson made a ska cover of it, so I hope you like it!

trollestia.png

• Thumbs Up 2

trollestia.png

Oh...oh I see what you're doing there.

im%20watching%20you%20-%20copia.jpg

But in all seriousness, I do like that cover. Might even have to download it.

Hey guys!

A few days ago I heard one of those silly songs bronies make... I'm not sure if you've heard it yet but Jesse Carlson made a ska cover of it, so I hope you like it!

trollestia.png

>Download

>MP3 Player

>Play Mode

>Repeat

Oh god, FiW is going to have a field day with Madame Pinkie.

• Thumbs Up 1

Random question: If Twilight Sparkle and Shining Armor are siblings, then why do they have different last names?

Random question: If Twilight Sparkle and Shining Armor are siblings, then why do they have different last names?

I don't think "Sparkle" and "Armor" are surnames. I think they're simply two-word first names.

Notice that Applejack, Apple Bloom, Granny Smith, and Big Macintosh are all part of the "Apple family" even though only two of them have "apple" in their name. "Apple" is possibly their surname, assuming ponies even have surnames like people do. (Mr. and Mrs. Cake seem to indicate that they do)

• Thumbs Up 3

Naming conventions in Equestria are weird. Let's just leave it at that.

• Thumbs Up 6

I don't think "Sparkle" and "Armor" are surnames. I think they're simply two-word first names.

Notice that Applejack, Apple Bloom, Granny Smith, and Big Macintosh are all part of the "Apple family" even though only two of them have "apple" in their name. "Apple" is possibly their surname, assuming ponies even have surnames like people do. (Mr. and Mrs. Cake seem to indicate that they do)

See, the Cake thing is exactly what's throwing me off. So some pony families have surnames and others don't?

Haaaaasssbrroooo, why couldn't you have foreseen that over-analytical nerds like me were going to over-analyze the shit out of your show about candy colored ponies?

• Thumbs Up 2

So, Anthropology's the first of the bunch I've taken up reading. I've been hooked on it since yesterday, it's very engaging throughout. Not quite done with it yet, but I'm catching up.

All I have to say so far is that even though the whole humans in MLP ain't my thing, I'm really liking this story regardless. The writing has a consistent quality and all the major plot points that occur only make me more interested in what happens next rather than groan and roll my eyes like I braced myself initially (I seriously did go "holy shit" at a certain development that happens around the chapter 24 mark, even if I should have seen it coming - it's really just the way that everything up to that point is handled that I'm very impressed by).

EDIT (spoilers for chapter 24 and beyond):

Though I have to say that despite being pretty intrigued by the idea of Discord wrecking havoc in our world, I'm not a huge fan of the direction the story is going immediately after that revelation - I'd love to be proven wrong, but all of a sudden I'm not so sure how well the rest of the fic is going to hold up compared to everything else before it.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, Anthropology's the first of the bunch I've taken up reading. I've been hooked on it since yesterday, it's very engaging throughout. Not quite done with it yet, but I'm catching up.

All I have to say so far is that even though the whole humans in MLP ain't my thing, I'm really liking this story regardless. The writing has a consistent quality and all the major plot points that occur only make me more interested in what happens next rather than groan and roll my eyes like I braced myself initially (I seriously did go "holy shit" at a certain development that happens around the chapter 24 mark, even if I should have seen it coming - it's really just the way that everything up to that point is handled that I'm very impressed by).

EDIT (spoilers for chapter 24 and beyond):

Though I have to say that despite being pretty intrigued by the idea of Discord wrecking havoc in our world, I'm not a huge fan of the direction the story is going immediately after that revelation - I'd love to be proven wrong, but all of a sudden I'm not so sure how well the rest of the fic is going to hold up compared to everything else before it.

I think it all worked out rather fine in the end, there's another plot development coming up that I think keeps the story fresh and interesting, though that's all I'm going to say. But I don't know, it also might be *exactly* what you're dreading for all I can tell.

BTW, if you haven't already, check out the alternate Chapter 18 that was posted on April Fools Day. The fic TOTALLY should have gone in that direction. (Obvious spoilers for those still wanting to check out the fic)

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 1

Alright, finally caught up with Anthropology.

While reading, everything from ch25 onward felt considerably less interesting than the rest of the story. I think it was because the author had a very good knack for writing about Lyra discovering and learning about things - even after she became human, the descriptions of the environment and character interaction made the whole thing fascinating. Once Discord shows up, it seemed to me that it was turning into a series of developments that I could have done without, mostly with the two worlds colliding and finding out about each other. I also don't like how it still hasn't been addressed the means of Lyra coming to Ponyville and Discord following her when she turns back into a human.

That said, I still thought it was good by the end, definitely not to the point of falling apart, like I worried it would. This fic was pretty cool; it's filled to the brim with things I feel like I should simply hate on principle, but it was well-executed for the most part and I enjoyed most of it with an open mind.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright, finally caught up with Anthropology.

While reading, everything from ch25 onward felt considerably less interesting than the rest of the story. I think it was because the author had a very good knack for writing about Lyra discovering and learning about things - even after she became human, the descriptions of the environment and character interaction made the whole thing fascinating. Once Discord shows up, it seemed to me that it was turning into a series of developments that I could have done without, mostly with the two worlds colliding and finding out about each other. I also don't like how it still hasn't been addressed the means of Lyra coming to Ponyville and Discord following her when she turns back into a human.

That said, I still thought it was good by the end, definitely not to the point of falling apart, like I worried it would. This fic was pretty cool; it's filled to the brim with things I feel like I should simply hate on principle, but it was well-executed for the most part and I enjoyed most of it with an open mind.

There are definitely still a few loose threads to tie up. What is the connection between the two worlds? How did baby Lyra end up there in the first place? And most importantly, will we ever see kung-fu-action Jesus make a return? The guy seems to update on a pretty regular basis, somewhere between 7-10 days. It's been 6 since the last chapter, so hopefully we will soon receive answers.

As for the current ending, I'm actually glad to see there was some kind of conflict. I *loved* reading about Lyra's interactions with the human world and how the author made normal fucking cities sound like some utopian alien culture, but I got a kick out of seeing the Mane 6 in our world. What I didn't care for was the Human-Elements-of-Harmony bit. It was a cool idea, but I don't think most of Lyra's friends were developed enough for me to buy the concept. The guy from the airplane who had about three lines is the Element of Laughter? The book store lady with the personality of a goldfish was Honesty? Yeah, whatever you say I guess. That whole sequence felt a little tacked on to me, but certainly not enough to deter my overall opinion of the story.

Now halfway through the "For the New Lunar Republic" fanfic I've decided to catch up on yesterday.

http://www.fimfictio...-Lunar-Republic

The story started off good, but lost it's touch after around chapter 4. It picked itself right backup though in Chapter 9 when they get to Salt Lake city. Chapters 9 and up are so far capturing my interest. I'm just hoping it will stay that way.

Since I saw this one on the page top and noticed it was only 5 chapters long, I figured I'd take a break from that Lunar Republic story and decided to read this. It's about Lyra and Bon Bon.

http://www.fimfictio...-Bon's-Odd-Jobs

Copy and pasted the Story description:

In need of work, Lyra and Bon Bon find employment in Ponyville's only cryobank; better known as a sperm bank. Under the supervision of Nurse Coldheart, the two mares apply themselves to the high calling of protecting the ponies of future generations...and cleaning up any spills.

Rated Teen for moderate sex humor. While the setting takes place in a cryobank, the story will follow Lyra and Bon Bon's perspective. The actual method for acquiring samples will only be alluded to; never described.

This story isn't that bad. Give it a try if your in the mood to kill some time. It's got some funny moments.

Edited by Hank Hill