Awoo.

ScrewAttack's "Death Battle" Series

goku262002

Hm, those are good points. Very well Forte, I'll trust that DB let pure research decide this match and not hand the win to Mewtwo for a cleaner track record

I only have one question regarding this:

There's no doubt that Mewtwo is gonna Mega Evolve during the battle, but... which one would they use? Or will they just find a way to use both?

5 hours ago, Captain Metallix said:

I only have one question regarding this:

There's no doubt that Mewtwo is gonna Mega Evolve during the battle, but... which one would they use? Or will they just find a way to use both?

They will either A use math to decide which one is stronger B Mewtwo will use smarts to decide which one is stronger.

And I doubt DB cheats on their fights. Sometimes characters wins by a convenience but fights are just visualizations how duel MIGHT went, when actual winner is determined in math. And yeah, they include Peach soccer move, but line between cannon and spin-off can be very thin, especially with something like Mario. If I recall correctly Zelda was asleep anyway so Peach could finish her off anyway in different, less climatic way.

Anyway, I'm really exited for this fight. I don't know enough about Mewtwo to guess who will win, though

1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

They will either A use math to decide which one is stronger B Mewtwo will use smarts to decide which one is stronger.

And I doubt DB cheats on their fights. Sometimes characters wins by a convenience but fights are just visualizations how duel MIGHT went, when actual winner is determined in math. And yeah, they include Peach soccer move, but line between cannon and spin-off can be very thin, especially with something like Mario. If I recall correctly Zelda was asleep anyway so Peach could finish her off anyway in different, less climatic way.

Anyway, I'm really exited for this fight. I don't know enough about Mewtwo to guess who will win, though

Well both of Mewtwo's mega forms give him base stat totals that are higher than Arceus, so there's that. Then again Shadow has taken down god like beings before, even if two of them (Final Hazard and Solaris) required assistance from other super hedgehogs.

Okay, in this video is the new Death Battle combatant. I will provide clues, and you have to guess who-

"Is it Mewtwo?"

...Yes.

See you next week for the return of the most overrated Sonic character. I can't wait for this psychic cat to send him back to the grave where he belongs.

Funnily enough, in the comments for that video, I saw a link to Ben Singer's Twitter and discovered that he made a "handy chart" to explain why Death Battle decided to pit Mewtwo against Shadow instead of Frieza or Silver, in response to everyone furiously asking why he did so :lol: 

(Caution to Frieza and especially Silver fans, Ben Singer's comments on the two aren't very kind. You have been warned)

Spoiler

Ck7kE8uUgAE0HFQ.jpg:large

And in posting that image, I just noticed the error in Ben stating that Shadow has "multiple super forms" when he only has one. I guess he's counting Shadow without his Inhibitor Rings as a "super form" (which the Archie Comics kind of did, dubbing it "Chaos Shadow")

• Thumbs Up 5

20 minutes ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyajins said:

What's insulting about Freeza's descriptions exactly?

It comes off as a harsh generalization of Frieza's character to an extent, not going very in-depth with his character compared to Mewtwo and Shadow while also mocking his motivations. Sure, that's not exactly insulting, especially compared to Silver's descriptions, but I just know that it would rub any Frieza fan the wrong way regardless and so I felt I should warn them in case it would.

Then again, I'm not very familiar with DBZ or its fandom so perhaps Frieza is exactly like that and/or perhaps his fans wouldn't be offended by these description, so perhaps I should've just limited the caution to Silver fans then.

So we're going to focus on The First Movie Mewtwo and pretend Genesect and the Legend Awakened was a mistake that never happened?

110% fine by me :U

• Thumbs Up 2

So I've been thinking about it myself and I think Shadow might win this one. I'm a fan of both series and I have an idea of each of their powers and what not so here is my analysis of both.

Mewtwo

+One of the most powerful Pokemon in existence, having some stats rivaling the God of Pokemon.

+Base Stats: 106HP/110Atk/90Def/154Sp.Atk/90Sp.Def/120Spd which translates it to being a fast and strong mage character who's somewhat bulky.

+Both Mega Evolution forms buff its stats even further. Mega Mewtwo-X makes it into a more Physical inclined sweeper while Mega Mewtwo-Y takes everything Mewtwo was already good at and jack it up to 11.

+Has taken on a lot of Pokemon in the Kanto region, showing its superiority and went toe to toe with Mew, its template.

+Its DNA is already based on a powerful Legendary Pokemon so it was stupidly strong at its birth. Its also more "human" than Shadow if that could affect things.

+Its Psychic powers are pretty strong that they can even prevent movement. It also has massive amounts of intelligence due to being a Psychic type and is stronger than Alakazam who is known be smarter than 5 supercomputers.

+I know @Spin Attaxx would hate for me to reference it but its something worth noting; Mewtwo has taken on a team of Genesect, which not only killed the dinosaurs but is strong against it, but even out ran its leader who's using Extreme Speed.

+It won't be used in the actual Death Battle but Mewtwo's movepool is surprisingly very wide for what its worth. Come on! Imagine Mewtwo using Ice Beam!

+Turned Ash into stone somehow and nearly managed to defeat Red. Yes THAT RED! It took his entire team including a Legendary and Mega Charizard-X and it gave him HELL.

-Mewtwo's bulk is considered to be average among Ubers standards. Yes you can make it rather bulky if you focus on it and Death Battle won't focus on stat changes or playstyle as evidenced by Yang vs Tifa. Mega Mewtwo-Y has even poorer physical Defense in comparison, making it slightly more of a glass cannon compared to its other forms. It can use Barrier and Reflect to fix this problem somewhat but its something rarely seen used by Mewtwo.

-If Mewtwo mega evolves it would be stuck that way at the end of the battle. This might not seem like a downside but see above, meaning if Mewtwo goes Mega-Y then it wouldn't be able to take many physical hits and can't change that.

-It can be arrogant at times, underestimating its opponent at times. He also won't stop until he proves he's superior over everyone. Mew took advantage of this with its near troll like behavior to set him up for the fall.

-Psychic while is a powerful type but its not the best of typing. Its weak against Bug of all things! While this won't really affect the Death Battle but Mewtwo is weak against Dark and if Shadow would be classified as a Pokemon (which he won't be) he would be Dark typed meaning he would be immune to everything Mewtwo throws at him.

-As I mentioned Death Battle will most likely focus on its level up moveset over its regular movepool, which leaves Mewtwo with a ton of less options to use. This makes Mewtwo less unpredictible sadly.

-This might be a minor nitpick that won't affect anything but Mewtwo taking Mew to a near standstill is very unlikely if we go by game terms. The anime does like to exaggerate a lot and I do want to point this out. Mew has 100 base stats across the board, which means while it can do just about anything Mewtwo outclasses it in several things. Not that Mew isn't by any means weak, I'm just saying Mewtwo is relatively stronger. Mewtwo also couldn't take on a team of Genesects by itself mega or not, heck it shouldn't even consider fighting one!

-Has been caught by Red before, meaning he does have a limit before he does go down. This is only major loss in the anime for any kind of Mewtwo however but if anything it shows that Mewtwo can be beaten to an extent.

Shadow

+Shadow is extremely fast, rivaling Sonic's speed and is easily capable of being faster than the speed of sound! This is no small feat to say the least. He can apparently even weaponize his own speed if he wanted to.

+Shadow also has surprising strength despite his small build. He's able to lift debris and wield a massive tank cannon that's 5 times bigger than his entire body with ease. I know there's more to that but those are the ones that come to mind.

+Shadow has Chaos Control and Chaos powers. Chaos Control manipulates time and space which is very useful for getting around and getting an edge over your opponent. He also has the powerful Chaos Spear and Chaos Blast which are very deadly and capable of mass destruction.

+If that wasn't enough but we all know that Shadow has Super Shadow by using all the Chaos Emeralds and become invincible for a short amount of time. While the only way to truly defeat Super Shadow is by crushing him, Shadow was introduced long after the classics meaning he won't have this kind of problem.

+He also has massive arsenal of weapons which have various degrees of firepower and effectiveness. From hand guns to massive chainguns and rocket launcher, Shadow might had his hands on it.

+Has Homing Attack hax. Enuff said.

+Chronologically older than Mewtwo and has more experience as he saved the world a few times.

+Even if Shadow doesn't go Super he also can take off his Inhibitor Rings for a massive boost of power. He did managed to blow away multiple copies of Mephiles with this power boost.

+Shadow himself is his own God slayer. He has taken on Mephiles, who is a part of Iblis, multiple times and lived to tell the tale. He also took on Solaris, a God of Time itself. He did had help yes but this was an extremely powerful entity.

+He also defeated the Biolizard/FINALHAZARD which is the prototype for the Ultimate Life Form, though he needed help from Sonic for the latter and Devil Doom, who's a giant alien space god or something. Needless to say fighting another ultimate life form isn't anything new for Shadow.

+Finally the biggest plus for Shadow is that he took on another Psychic user in Silver, who also took on Iblis which was implied on a near daily basis. Shadow even got the clear upper hand over Silver at the end of their fight using Chaos Control, DIO style.

-Shadow is prone to do stupid stuff

Ok maybe this was a one time thing but its something worth nothing. I will say at best he has higher intelligence than most but this shit is inexcusable.

-Shadow's weapons, powerful as they may be are completely useless against Mewtwo's psychic powers. At best they would be considered distractions.

-Super forms have that time limit so Shadow has to do things ironically fast to defeat his opponent.

-In several instances Shadow has been shown to be defeated. Shadow has been defeated multiple times and has even "died" once. Shadow was defeated canonically in Generations, Boom (animated and Rise of Lyric), and Sonic X and was thought to be dead at the end of Sonic Adventure 2. Mewtwo only took 1 major loss in a battle in at least one medium, again not counting the games themselves as the player can choose to beat Mewtwo with a Bidoof. Shadow has lost more than his opponent has.

-Related to the above, Shadow has been shown to be prone to Silver's psychic power, unable to do anything against them. This however seems to be more or less by a gameplay standpoint. If anything the fight did went to a draw before Silver decides to tag with Shadow. In Shadow's own game Black Doom has shown to be able to teleport Shadow without his permission which also shows that he's not immune to external forces like magic and psychic powers.

-Shadow had help to defeat major threats. He needed Sonic's for FINALHAZARD and with Silver for Solaris. The only ones who Shadow solo'd by himself was the Biolizard which was its first phase and had a flaw and Devil Doom. He also doesn't soundly defeat Mephiles either, being forced to retreat.

-Shadow is still not a Dark type Pokemon.

So yeah that's my analysis on the two. Writing it did made me realize how actually even sided this match up is so I honestly can't come up with a clear winner. I'm still going to root for Shadow but I still have my respect for his opponent and I'd be ok if Mewtwo wins. Anyways feel free to add anything more to this since I might had missed a lot. I actually didn't had much to go by Mewtwo since he rarely appears outside the games and DB has used actual character stats in the game so we'll see if what they go with in their official analysis. inb4nolimits

• Thumbs Up 4

If they apply Archie-verse components to Shadow, what exactly would change? A lot of crazy stuff happened in the comics.

11 hours ago, Crow the BOOLET said:

Shadow canonically defeats Silver. Its still a worth noting.

No, it's not worth noting because that fight never happened.

Otherwise, you did a pretty good job with analyzing everything else about Shadow and Mewtwo. Since Shadow lost to Vegeta last time, he might just win against Mewtwo this time around.

1 hour ago, HeroMystic said:

If they apply Archie-verse components to Shadow, what exactly would change? A lot of crazy stuff happened in the comics.

Hm. I wouldn't know honestly. Mewtwo itself has done its share of crazy stuff in the manga too. Mewtwo has the DNA of Blaine of all people and its pretty unstable in that universe. I might go do some more research on both Archie Shadow and Manga Mewtwo and see how much that would change.

8 minutes ago, SilverStarN64 said:

No, it's not worth noting because that fight never happened.

Otherwise, you did a pretty good job with analyzing Shadow and Mewtwo's feats/abilities. Since Shadow lost to Vegeta last time, he might just win against Mewtwo this time around.

Thanks. I know 06 isn't exactly canon anymore but it does show off what Shadow can do to an extent so I had to mention EVERYDING! I guess I could count the fight as a draw at least since Silver was still standing but Shadow did get a clear hit off of him so there's that at least. Good thing too since Shadow did point Silver in the right direction but I digress.

I'm pretty sure DB won't use everything but its an oh well since I don't expect them to be hardcore fans as we are.

• Thumbs Up 2

That was a cool analysis Crow. But let's also remember that Shadow also managed to beat the final hazard (although it required Sonic's help) and Devil Doom. The latter is a huge feat because this was a guy with God like power that Shadow beat entirely on his own.

• Thumbs Up 2

Another thing that might turn things in Shadow's favour is that unless they give Mewtwo the ability to cancel out a Mega Evolution like the pretender to the throne could in GatLA, whatever Mega Evolution Mewtwo decides to use, it'll be stuck with it until it faints.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/15/2016 at 9:58 AM, Kaotic Kanine said:

Funnily enough, in the comments for that video, I saw a link to Ben Singer's Twitter and discovered that he made a "handy chart" to explain why Death Battle decided to pit Mewtwo against Shadow instead of Frieza or Silver, in response to everyone furiously asking why he did so :lol: 

(Caution to Frieza and especially Silver fans, Ben Singer's comments on the two aren't very kind. You have been warned)

Hide contents

Ck7kE8uUgAE0HFQ.jpg:large

And in posting that image, I just noticed the error in Ben stating that Shadow has "multiple super forms" when he only has one. I guess he's counting Shadow without his Inhibitor Rings as a "super form" (which the Archie Comics kind of did, dubbing it "Chaos Shadow")

Hmmm, it says Shadow has multiple forms. Doesn't he just have one form, or are they counting Chaos Shadow from the comics?

I'm gonna be the odd man out and place my money on Mewtwo.

The way I see it, Shadow only has two major advantages: 

1) He's definitely faster. But as another certain Death Battle involving a Sonic character will tell you, speed isn't enough when your opponent outclasses you in strength and durability on a grander scale.

2) His transformations will give him a larger power increase. As shown in Pokemon vs Digimon, all Pokemon evolutions, Mega included, improve monsters incrementally, whereas the Chaos Emeralds improve the user's abilities exponentially. But both of Shadow's transformations have serious drawbacks: Chaos Shadow quickly drains Shadow's stamina, so he'll have to kill Mewtwo quickly, or else he's a sitting duck. And Super Shadow has a very strict time limit; there likely won't be any Rings around, so Shadow's Super form will only last fifty seconds. I have faith that Mewtwo can survive that long, especially since his Mega Evolutions last until the fight ends, meaning that, unlike Shadow, Mewtwo's upgrades are, for all intents and purposes, permanent.

Other than that, Mewtwo seems to outclass Shadow in every way. He's significantly more intelligent and cunning, whereas Shadow, despite being occasionally clever, is primarily a berserker, preferring to just rush in and overpower his foes. And remember: Aside from Devil Doom, all of the strongest foes Shadow's defeated required help, whereas Mewtwo has proven to be perfectly capable of holding his own. Yes, he lost to Red's team in Origins, but remember: It took all six of Red's Pokemon to subdue him, including a Legendary and a Mega Evolved Charizard- and even then, it was down to the wire, not to mention that that Mewtwo was completely feral and didn't have his Mega Evolution(s).

Finally, Mewtwo has a much more diverse moveset, and he's gotten significantly more development and versatility over the years. Sorry, guys, but I sincerely think Edgy the Hedgy is once again condemned to die at the hands of an opponent who simply eclipses him in power and destructive potential.

1 hour ago, Flamerstreak said:

Hmmm, it says Shadow has multiple forms. Doesn't he just have one form, or are they counting Chaos Shadow from the comics?

They might be talking about...

-Chaos Shadow (Archie)

-Hero Shadow (ShTH)

-Dark Shadow (ShTH)

-Chaos Boost (Sonic 06)

-And of course Super Shadow.

Shit I forgot about Origins.

Well I'm gonna update the post real quick. I'll do an extra post based on Archie Shadow and Manga Mewtwo feats. It might take a while because there's a ton of reading.

1 minute ago, HeroMystic said:

They might be talking about...

-Chaos Shadow (Archie)

-Hero Shadow (ShTH)

-Dark Shadow (ShTH)

-Chaos Boost (Sonic 06)

-And of course Super Shadow.

Oh, those. I dunno about Hero and Dark Shadow, but I would personally count Chaos Boost Shadow as a form.

So they made a chart explaining why they chose shadow for mewtwo's opponent instead of Silver and Freeza 

Ck7kE8uUgAE0HFQ.jpg

I have to say it's a pretty damn good explanation. Also wait shadow has more than 1 super form?

• Thumbs Up 1

For some reason, they count the form he uses when he takes off his inhibitor rings as another form

Anyway, Shadow's preview is up

Think of Shadow without his inhibitor rings to be akin to Full power SSJ almost, except with a life force drain time limit.

He's more powerful without them, so it counts.

Another thing of note: the voices for this fight have been revealed:

Also, tomorrow will bring a new DBX for sponsors:

...Not the match-up I saw coming.

• Thumbs Up 1