Awoo.

ScrewAttack's "Death Battle" Series

goku262002

8 minutes ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyajins said:

Oh, Death Battle has fucked up a lot, and I think what annoys me most is when they pull shit out of their ass when they don't have an explanation for something or simply rely on pure conjecture when they don't agree with something. For instance, in Vegeta vs Shadow, they decided to make Super Saiyan a 500% boost for every form, when the whole 50/2/4 times thing has been around for years, and was easily accessible by the general public when that Death Battle was being developed. And what the heck was the deal with Shadow's Super boost? Where the hell did the 1,000% figure come from? By far though, the dumbest thing they said was in response to someone's comment in the Goku vs Superman Death Battle. Someone naturally brought up the fact that base GT Goku was stronger than Majin Boo because Goku said Rildo was stronger, and their response was something along the lines of, "well, he's equally as dangerous as Majin Boo because he has the ability to control all the metal on the planet they're fighting on." Ignoring the fact that this is a baseless assumption, Goku specifies that Rildo's Ki is greater than Boo's before they even start fighting, and the revelation that Rildo could control all the metal on the planet came about well into their fight. Like, god damn guys... This literally requires popping in the episode, and skipping to the moment where Goku says this to gain context. And don't even get me started on the gravity formula they used to determine how strong Goku is. There are so many ways to refute that that don't involve battle powers specified in various guide books, it's not even funny. ...Sorry for the mini-rant...

For Vegeta vs Shadow, the numbers don't mean anything in terms of the end result. The verdict is simply, "Vegeta can tank anything Shadow can dish out, and Shadow's Super form has a short time limit." 

As for Goku vs Superman, you really need to watch it again. It doesn't matter how strong Goku will ever be; he still has limits. Superman does not. (Having lifted a book containing infinite pages, and being able to draw unlimited power from the sun.)

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Forte-Metallix said:

For Vegeta vs Shadow, the numbers don't mean anything in terms of the end result. The verdict is simply, "Vegeta can tank anything Shadow can dish out, and Shadow's Super form has a short time limit.

As for Goku vs Superman, you really need to watch it again. It doesn't matter how strong Goku will ever be; he still has limits. Superman does not. (Having lifted a book containing infinite pages, and being able to draw unlimited power from the sun.)

I don't have a problem with the results of either Death Battle, I just don't like it when they make shit up.

Limiting Clank's abilities in space-and-time to just the time bombs is a pretty silly thing, all things considered. Not only has he shown off more time powers than that, such as reversing time in frozen areas to reverse damage, but he's also a Zoni, which deliberately are not effected by the usual timestream like other beings, and can alter matter other than themselves to either reverse, levetate, or restore to the normal time stream. Plus, the Great Clock scene shows Clank having ample time to scope out the situation, time only being restored when he truly effects the matter in a significant way, i.e. pushing Ratchet out of the way. In theory, if he does the same just by merely tapping Ratchet like in here, it should restore him.

The salt is real over here, btw : P

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Hide contents

On top of that, Ratchet doesn't just carry Nanotech around to instantly heal himself. He needs to find the nanotech, which means an secondary assault could have easily ended Ratchet.

Not really. They'd both start the battle with full health, right? Well by the time Ratchet has his full arsenals in the games, which he obviously has here, he has a pretty hefty amount of nanotech backing him up with how much upgrades it gets. Them saying "Nanotech heals him" isn't really referring to his ability to pick some up and get more "health", but that in general, his nanotech amount he currently holds keeps his normally weak and brittle body from getting destroyed.

Not really sure how Jak's health works, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Hide contents

1. I imagine that Jak wouldn't just stand there and do jack shit while Daxter was in his Dark form. Having two powerhouses tag teaming on the two could have significantly changed the playing field, and at the end of The Lost Frontier, it's implied Daxter can control the form. If we're going by point 2, it shouldn't matter anyway, because it's non-canon, which by your definition means it's all well and good to have Daxter in full control. You can't have it both ways. On top of that, Ratchet doesn't just carry Nanotech around to instantly heal himself. He needs to find the nanotech, which means an secondary assault could have easily ended Ratchet. Have Dark Daxter damage Ratchet, and have Jak jump straight in to finish the job, what do we have? One dead lombax.

2. Death Battle is meant to be using the actual facts to determine a winner. That's why they look at all of their abilities from across all of media, so they can determine once and for all who could win. This was not one of those instances. This is where they wrote themselves into a corner and pulled something out of their asses in an attempt to justify why they won in the end. They've done the same for multiple Death Battles, and this is just another in the long line of them.

Spoiler

Except Daxter would use up all the Dark Eco, and Ratchet and Clank are still the more competent fighters with better weapons and ammo reserves.

Plus, R&C have taken out greater threats in their games, they have more experience, and their reserves are greater. And saying Ratchet has to start out with no Nanotech is like saying Jak has to start with no Eco. And I seriously doubt R&C would give him the chance to build up his reserves.

Dude, let it go. Jak and Daxter had little means of winning. It's one guy with extremely limited reserves and a dimwitted weasel whose usefulness can only last a few minutes, versus a resourceful alien-cat-thing with more firepower than an entire army, better defense, greater experience, and a genius  transforming robot on equal footing with him and magic time powers.

I didn't say Ratchet has to start out with no nanotech, but how about we stop pretending that it doesn't work like how it works in the games to get Ratchet an advantage. Ratchet's nanotech is found in crates. It's been this way in every single Ratchet title, from the original to the reboot. On top of that, the nanotech upgrades throughout the game does absolutely fuck all to keep Ratchet going. If you simply got more nanotech as the game progressed, you would still die in about 3 hits or so. The reason being that the nanotech isn't what keeps Ratchet's damage down. That would be the armor system you use in the game, which cuts down the damage Ratchet takes heavily. Ratchet wasn't wearing any armor, so therefore, he would be as weak as he normally is. He could start off with 200 Nanotech, and he would still end up dying within two to four hits, if we're seriously going to keep going by game logic.

On top of that, I've already said, Death Battle acts like they have unlimited resources in terms of ammo and additional supplies, which is why Ratchet's weapons need to be disarmed in order to get them out of the game. You keep acting like Daxter is nothing but an cowardly idiot despite the fact he's had far more fucking abilities in Daxter, and The Lost Frontier that was both excluded. Where the fuck's Daxter's bug spray pack which doubles as a fucking framethrower, and sonic weapon? Where's Dark Daxter with all of his raw power and energy. Why do you keep trying to play it that Daxter is completely useless when you keep saying "it's alright to exclude Dark Daxter because he wouldn't make much of a difference". If this was going to be an actual fair fight, Daxter should either have all of his abilities, like Clank did, or both should have none at all. I would concede the point if Daxter was truly useless, but the simple fact is he isn't. He is filled with raw power, and different weapons, and for whatever fucking reason, Death Battle decided to not give Daxter any of those, while still giving Clank all of his powers. So no, I won't get over it because it was a bullshit fight. Especially when Death Battle was so fucking determined to give Jak a disadvantage that they actively got rid of Daxter's abilities while also giving Clank abilities he never even had. 

Jak also did have the means to win, because as I've already said, a shit ton of Jak's weapons, moves, and abilities directly counter most of Ratchet's arsenal and abilities.

Don't worry though, give it 3 months and we'll have Ratchet VS Jak 2, where the same outcome happens with another bullshit deus ex machina, while they quickly try to justify their decision once more. [/spoiler

You know what, Ryan?

Let's just agree to disagree. I'd hate to get into a heated argument with a friend over something so petty.

So Quicksilver's the most likely candidate for Flash's opponent? Never heard of him. And I'm getting kinda sick of Marvel vs DC matchups. I'd want Sonic instead if he didn't stand so little a chance against Flash.

• Thumbs Up 1

well after seeing this death battle i want to get myself that jax and dexter hd collection for ps3 for sure now

Spoiler

as for the battle i would note that though i doubt something like the sheepinator would effect jax "it doesn't effect bosses normally" i get the feeling the groove a tron would have been the best way to deal with dark jax "or at least kill enough time for the form to ware off" not sure what to say as far as the clank not being effected by time freezes go but odds are clank would have gotten that time staff thingy if dark daxter showed up in the fight 

when it boils down to it i could see jax and daxter having a good chance of beating ratchet and clank but the fact remains that ratchet and clank have had more game titles covering more of ratchet and clanks timeline where as the jax and daxter series has been quiet for a long while.

that said i'm kinda hoping for the road runner to show up in the next death battle :P 

Yep. You guys were right. Well, now I can rest easy knowing Sonic isn't the one who'll be utterly obliterated.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Forte-Metallix said:
Well, now I can rest easy knowing Sonic isn't the one who'll be utterly obliterated.

Y-yeah, about that...

• Thumbs Up 3

Now the question is which Flash are they using? Barry Allen or Wally West?  

Edit: @Indigo Rush boy that's 1 minute Melee non of that shit is researched based. Believe it or not Flash is one of the most broken characters in comic book history. Stupid speed force.

• Thumbs Up 1

Death Battle typically cherry-picks the best traits of all incarnations of a character to make a definitive version. (For example, Red's Charizard was also given the feats of Ash's and Alain's.)

I know, but still, the match-up's been done already so I don't see it happening 'officially'.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

I know, but still, the match-up's been done already so I don't see it happening 'officially'.

Yet Hercule Satan vs Dan Hibiki became a DB after being a OMM.

Just now, Forte-Metallix said:

Yet Hercule Satan vs Dan Hibiki became a DB after being a OMM.

Wait, seriously?

• Thumbs Up 1

My bets are on The Flash for this one. I am pretty sure Quicksilver is not on The Flash's level here. Either way, can't wait for the full episode!

Flash is definitely broken beyond belief. He's faster than reality itself to the point that the universe had to make Black Flash, a death deity for speedsters just to try to put him to rest. He's even capable of catching himself which is saying a lot. I'm pretty sure that in the JLA/Avengers crossover that Flash managed to trump Quicksilver until he hits the Marvel universe because Speed Force doesn't exist in there.

Needless to say this is just too one sided for Flash. The only way Quicksilver could win is by getting rid of Speed Force and even then that would require bending the rules of a universe's reality which he can't do.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, they should've pitted Flash against a more comparable character. Quicksilver's maximum speed is "sonic speed", last I checked (so I'm probably wrong here). Flash, on the other hand, runs fast enough to travel through time. Unless Quicksilver has something else to him that could turn the tide, it's obvious who the winner is. Of course, it's not like Death Battle hasn't done one-sided fights before. Then again, that's a problem I have with Death Battle that I haven't noticed until now.

I mean, what's the point in pitting two characters against each other when the winner is more than a little obvious? The main appeal of things like Death Battle, for me anyway, is the unpredictability of the outcome. I was excited for Godzilla vs. Gamera because they have comparable strength so it was honestly hard to tell who would win against each other. Sonic vs. Mario and Tails vs. Luigi were exciting matches for the same reasons; it's hard to tell who was gonna win since their strengths and weaknesses were pretty much equal! However, a bunch of Death Battles had much more predictable outcomes that made the resulting fight not very exciting. I knew right from the moment he was revealed that Astro Boy was going to win against Mega Man since he's essentially "Superman as an android" while Mega Man infamously dies from spikes instantly. Deathstroke vs. Deadpool isn't quite suspenseful when one of the combatants has an immortal level healing factor. Kratos vs. Spawn... I didn't even know about Spawn before that Death Battle but that analysis of his made it clear as day that Kratos didn't stand a flipping chance. Same deal with M. Bison vs. Shao Khan; I didn't know either character very well at all, but the winner became obvious once the analysis pointed out that one character relies on "soul power" while the other eats souls like no tomorrow and draws strength from them at the same time. Like, I don't know, am I being nitpicky here?

EDIT- Just found out that apparently Quicksilver can move at the speed of light now. Might just improve his chances but we'll have to wait and see.

Edited by Kaotic Kanine

13 minutes ago, Kaotic Kanine said:

Yeah, they should've pitted Flash against a more comparable character. Quicksilver's maximum speed is "sonic speed", last I checked (so I'm probably wrong here). Flash, on the other hand, runs fast enough to travel through time. Unless Quicksilver has something else to him that could turn the tide, it's obvious who the winner is. Of course, it's not like Death Battle hasn't done one-sided fights before. Then again, that's a problem I have with Death Battle that I haven't noticed until now.

I mean, what's the point in pitting two characters against each other when the winner is more than a little obvious? The main appeal of things like Death Battle, for me anyway, is the unpredictability of the outcome. I was excited for Godzilla vs. Gamera because they have comparable strength so it was honestly hard to tell who would win against each other. Sonic vs. Mario and Tails vs. Luigi were exciting matches for the same reasons; it's hard to tell who was gonna win since their strengths and weaknesses were pretty much equal! However, a bunch of Death Battles had much more predictable outcomes that made the resulting fight not very exciting. I knew right from the moment he was revealed that Astro Boy was going to win against Mega Man since he's essentially "Superman as an android" while Mega Man infamously dies from spikes instantly. Deathstroke vs. Deadpool isn't quite suspenseful when one of the combatants has an immortal level healing factor. Kratos vs. Spawn... I didn't even know about Spawn before that Death Battle but that analysis of his made it clear as day that Kratos didn't stand a flipping chance. Same deal with M. Bison vs. Shao Khan; I didn't know either character very well at all, but the winner became obvious once the analysis pointed out that one character relies on "soul power" while the other eats souls like no tomorrow and draws strength from them at the same time. Like, I don't know, am I being nitpicky here?

To be fair, the matchups are decided by fan demand, so Wiz and Boomstick choose who's fighting whom before they even consider how one-sided the fight might be.

TBH, the only DB I have problems with is Eggman vs Wily because:

Spoiler

The fight doesn't even have a definitive conclusion. Metal Sonic just kills everyone through horribly contrived means (Not that I doubt he could, but still) and he's declared the winner. And unlike the other fights that ended in draws/stalemates, they don't even attempt to justify this. Though I honestly think Wily would've taken it if not for Metal.

19 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

To be fair, the matchups are decided by fan demand, so Wiz and Boomstick choose who's fighting whom before they even consider how one-sided the fight might be.

TBH, the only DB I have problems with is Eggman vs Wily because:

Reveal hidden contents

The fight doesn't even have a definitive conclusion. Metal Sonic just kills everyone through horribly contrived means (Not that I doubt he could, but still) and he's declared the winner. And unlike the other fights that ended in draws/stalemates, they don't even attempt to justify this. Though I honestly think Wily would've taken it if not for Metal.

Ah, I see! I didn't know most of these fights were fan demand. In fact, I thought Goku vs. Superman and it's sequel were the exceptions :lol: 

Spoiler

I guess I agree with you there. As much as I actually like the outcome since I don't want the Sonic series to lose and cause Metal Sonic's fucking awesome that was a very cheap climax that came out of nowhere and doesn't really have anything to do with Wily or Eggman. Also hyper ironic since Metal Overlord is a pushover in his actual boss fight (then again, being invulnerable to everything except Super Team Blasts is probably why he was depicted as unstoppable in the Death Battle, coupled with Eggman stating "even with the Chaos Emeralds it would take a miracle to defeat him"). 

• 2 weeks later...

So apparently everyone forgot this topic was a thing. Allow me to make a Quick update:

• Thumbs Up 2

I saw the death battle early, and I thought it was good. I won't spoil the result of the fight, but I do know who the next fighter is. Anyone wanna spoiler as to who it is?

5 hours ago, Flamerstreak said:

I saw the death battle early, and I thought it was good. I won't spoil the result of the fight, but I do know who the next fighter is. Anyone wanna spoiler as to who it is?

Sure. Fuel my curiosity! Show me Pandora's Box! Etc. Etc.

• Thumbs Up 1