Awoo.

ScrewAttack's "Death Battle" Series

goku262002

Man, that next fight is going to kill my childhood.

If Greymon is allowed to use his evolutions, Charizard is gonna get rekt

Hidden Content

It's been confirmed he'll have his Metal and War forms.

And yeah, 'Zard's chances aren't looking so good.

While Greymon will have access to his other forms, Charizard does have resistance to Fire moves due to being a Fire typed Pokemon himself. Even more so when he's Mega Charizard X. Mega Charizard X does have stats that are on par with some legendary pokemon too. However Greymon and his evolutions might have a counter for the new Dragon typing it gets.

Also while Tai is a survivor in a death filled world, he did take some time off due to him leaving the digital world and focusing on his school work. Red is the champion and has put in a lot of time to train Charizard and his team in Mt. Silver which would make him have more experienced than Tai which would give Charizard another slight edge over Greymon.

This might not be so one sided as we think. Both fighters are pretty impressive and this will be a very impressive fight. Remember we had the Tigerzoid fight the much smaller Epyon so this can be either way honestly. Let's just sit back and enjoy the fireworks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's the way I see it:

Mega Charizard X will be a double-edged sword. On the one hand, it greatly enhances his stats and lasts until the fight ends. On the other, it makes him weak to Dragon-type attacks, and Greymon has some moves specifically designed to kill dragons.

From what I've gathered about Digimon, their "evolutions" are temporary. If Charizard can deal enough damage, Greymon will revert back to his infant form, at which point he'll be helpless. But Mega Evolutions last until the fight concludes, so once Charizard goes full dragon, he can't revert until either he or Greymon dies.

I think Charizard's best bet here would be to use hit-and-run tactics. His frail defense combined with Greymon's immense power means all it'll take are a few good hits to slay him. But Charizard's flight and projectiles mean he can fight from a distance.

Also, it's been confirmed that Red will have all the experience of his game and Origins counterparts- and Ash's! And this fight's Charizard will have all the feats of those trainers' Charizards! Same for Tai and Greymon. So basically, we're looking at the end-all, be-all versions of the two 'Mons. 

I think it'll all boil down to each 'Mon's feats and their trainers. I just hope neither of them resorts to offing the other's partner!

I know Sonic and Flash just went at it in One Minute Melee, but I really wanna see Sonic in a another fight (and win!)

I think it would be kind of interesting to see Sonic and Goku go at it. Of course, I know that Goku could probably rip Sonic a new one, but I'm sure it would be different from the Vegeta and Shadow fight.

Obviously, Goku is stronger than Vegeta. Then Sonic is faster and probably smarter than Shadow.

One of the biggest points made in the Vegeta and Shadow fight was that, if Vegeta could survive Shadow's super form, he would win, and he did.

Now I think it was kind of a cheap shot (but smart) from Vegeta, punching the moon to collide with Earth. It took time away from the fight and a majority of Shadow's power. We really didn't get to see Super Shadow take on Vegeta, or vise verse.

If it were with Super Sonic and Goku, I think Goku's personality would lead him more to see Super Sonic let loose rather than pulling off a cheap shot.

Then again (and I'm going to look more into this), I've heard this theory as to where Super Sonic (though he's invincible) can actually be hurt by things that are equal to or more powerful than that of the Chaos Emeralds. This also boils down to how that would be measured, and how Goku would rack up to that if they decided to use that theory.

Anyways yeah, I'd like to see a Sonic and Goku battle eventually. c:

Goku is just as tough as Vegeta is, and is intuition when it comes to fighting would most certainly win him the day. If Screw Attack wanted to let pre-reboot Archie Super Sonic fight, I have no doubt Sonic would take this since the guy has stalemated a nigh-omnipotent god who can destroy multiverses with a fraction of his power, but that ain't gonna happen. 

Oh my that ones gonna hit me right in the childhood. Still... can't wait! I'd say Wargreymon would stomp on Charizard even with Mega form, but knowing death battle.... it can be any xD I mean if Kirby won against Kid Buu ... we can expect a close one.

Also who'd just love to see Yamamoto Genryuusai (Bleach) vs Whitebeard (One Piece)

Apologies for the double-post, but we've got a new One Minute Melee! @Soni and I have been looking forward to this one:

This is gonna sound strange coming from me, but I hope Bowser turns Mecha Sonic into scrap! I refuse to side with someone who beats up a toddler, and ESPECIALLY not the guy who killed Metal Sonic!

• Thumbs Up 1

Apologies for the double-post, but we've got a new One Minute Melee! @Soni and I have been looking forward to this one:

Hidden Content

AWWW FUCK!

Metal is SO MUCH cooler than Mecha! Now I want Bowser to fuck Mecha's shit up and FUCKING HELL, Jr. didn't stood a chance.

But yeah, a really cool fight though!

Bowser is certainly going to give Mecha a bad time after his boy getting fucked over.

• Thumbs Up 1

At long last, the debate between pocket and digital monsters draws to a close!

I knew it. Poor Charizard never stood a chance. I think offing Red was a bit overkill, but at least he's with his pal in the afterlife. May Arceus have mercy on their souls.

• Thumbs Up 3

Man, that episode was pretty kick-butt!

Seeing my favorite Pokemon and Digimon fight was just delicious to watch, as was the accurately-researched information provided beforehand. Sure, the results of the fight was pretty much a foregone conclusion, but it was so cool to see Charizard holds his own for as long as he did. Everyone was characterized superbly, too!

All in all, that episode is definitely one of my top favorites--in fact, it just might be the favorite of mine so far! I can't wait to see any future ones! :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I pretty much knew Charizard was screwed but I'm at least happy he held on for as long as he did so at least it wasn't a complete slaughter

Wonder who's next. Because I really want Hulk, Bowser, or pretty much anybody from One piece to be showcased already.

Edited by Johnny Boy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hidden Content

Wonder who's next. Because I really want Hulk, Bowser, or pretty much anybody from One piece to be showcased already.

Apparently Bayonetta is next, though her opponent is currently unknown.

Also, as revealed in the pre-show Q&A, they're doing a Flash-animated McGruff the Crime Dog vs Smokey the Bear at some point. Sounds insane!

• 2 weeks later...

HAND MEETS FACE! WHO WINS?!

Hidden Content

Who the heck is this Polygon Man.... -_-

Edited by DiamondXBlitz

Meh. Needs more Master Core.

Also, there were several frames where he became Crazy Hand. Animators, do you even sprite flip?

• 2 months later...

I am surprised no one brought this back up, but Dante from Devil May Cry is Bayonettta's opponent for the next Death Battle. Who do you think will win?

I'm honestly surprised they didn't use Gene from God Hand instead because you know, God Hand or that too OP? Also God Hand is by the same company more or less though the DMC creator was involved with the creation of both combatants so I don't know.

I wanna put my money on Dante but honestly we know Bayonetta is going to win.