Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

Been like playing multiple games on PS3 like Uncharted 3, Battlefield 3,  Gran turismo 5, and trying to finish RDR: Undead nightmare. I occasionally play Arkham city and assassin's creed 3. I got all the trophies in all the SBCG4AP episodes on PS3 and I've been playing rayman legends on PC which is a really good game. 

I was pretty much playing Uncharted 3 the other night. I just enjoyed so much the Co-op arena in this game, and couples Battlefield 3 games too.

Almost done with Origins on Vita and I'm having a ton of fun with it biggrin.png. I really liked the game on PS3 a two years ago, but getting to play the game on the Vita and playing the game in it best from (dat OLED screen and touch-enables bubble popping biggrin.png) is making me love the game that much more. I'm at the final level of the game (which I never got to in the PS3 version) and its quite challenging (I did beat the treasure chest level for the world in 5 chances, so it's not that hard :)), especially with those robot foes (annoying you have to bounce them to obstacles to kill them unsure.png).

Once I beat it and complete all the time trials, I'll move on to Uncharted Golden Abyss, Metal Gear HD Collection (I just cant get into to them...) and GTA Liberty City Stories (thank you PS+ biggrin.png), so quite a lot of games to get through on my Vita; gotta beat some games before I get Rayman Legends, Killzone, and Tearaway, otherwise my backlog will only get bigger.

Crash-Bandicoot-1.jpg

I am so torn on Crash Bandicoot. On one hand, it's a fun, creative platformer with tight controls and a colorful art style that surprisingly stands the test of time. On the other hand, checkpoint placement feels random and the save system is bullshit.

You can't just save your game whenever, no no. Instead, you can only save if you complete a bonus round or collect a gem. To get to a bonus round, you first have to find a level that even has one and collect three tokens, and then you have to COMPLETE said bonus round in order to save. Depending on your skill, this means save points can be few and far between. And if you get a Game Over (which is likely to happen a few times), you have to reload from the last one.

And the checkpoint placement wildy fluxuates. Early on in the super-easy levels they're everywhere. But then you get levels like Heavy Machinery, where you go long stretches without a checkpoint in sight...but then you suddenly get two of them almost back to back which is really unnecessary. The trouble is that this game can be extremely difficult, meaning that in the case of levels like this you have to restart from the beginning of it every single time you die. Which is often, I promise you.

It really is a shame the erratic checkpoint placement and bad save system really hamper what is otherwise an excellent game. I'll stick with it to the end, but there's no way in hell I'm going to aim for 100% and get all the gems. To get a gem, you have to destroy every crate in a level and finish it without dying. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no. Nope. Not happening.

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 1

You can't just save your game whenever, no no. Instead, you can only save if you complete a bonus round or collect a gem. To get to a bonus round, you first have to find a level that even has one and collect three tokens, and then you have to COMPLETE said bonus round in order to save. Depending on your skill, this means save points can be few and far between. And if you get a Game Over (which is likely to happen a few times), you have to reload from the last one.

It really is a shame the erratic checkpoint placement and bad save system really hamper what is otherwise an excellent game. I'll stick with it to the end, but there's no way in hell I'm going to aim for 100% and get all the gems. To get a gem, you have to destroy every crate in a level and finish it without dying. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no. Nope. Not happening.

If it helps, the game lets you save every time you collect a Gem...have fun.

I've just finished a playthrough of ICO, trying to get the "Complete in 4 Hours" and "No Deaths" trophies. Completed in about 3 hours, so I have no chance of getting a time under 2 hours, and I had to do the final part three times as I kept messing up. Fantastic, evocative game though, so glad I got the HD remake.

Next up, Saints Row 3, once it finishes downloading...

Edited by Covskin

I finished collecting all 120 stars both times in mario galaxy 1 and got the bonus star so that is checked off my list now. tongue.png

Next, I'm starting to work on Zack and Wiki for the Wii. Yes it is a capcom game, but from several years ago. A modern point and click like game. Nice. I haven't seen any of these in forever, so it is nice to get to play one instead of just watching them be played by my favorite lets player.

Beat Rayman Origins, and man was the final levels fun (loved the reference to the Just Dance games, the frantic running segment, and the intense Miskito section). Only got 2 electoons to get and two more bronze trophies left until I platinum (the first for my Vita) the game.

Been play GTA Liberty City Stories and Ico as well, and I got to say both are really awesome games. GTA Stories is the first GTA game I've ever played, and while I didn't get far at all with the story missions, its a ton of fun just driving around in a motorcycle and crashing into everything biggrin.png (all while lisning to a killer soundtrack). The controls are a bit iffy (annoying I cant map the right stick to a camera, as its solely mapped to the L button :(), but they are fine, and the graphics, even for an early PSP game, are really impressive as it looks like a PS2 game (something quite impressive :)).

Ico is something else though; I really like it more than SoC from the first half hour or so I played of it. The simple gameplay mechanics and how they work so well with the feel of the characters is really something and the more cumbersome parts like the combat and the wonky Yodia AI feel right (you playing as a kid swinging a stick, so of course the combat isn't going to be so great and Yodia has that communication barrier with the kid). Shadow I just couldn't get into with the grabbing mechanics just not working right (even though I pressed the right button), so maybe playing through this first will help me get into Shadow that much easer.

Looking forward to playing more of the games as the next few weeks pass and cant wait to find out about Octobers PS+ update (hope the Dead Space 1 or RE: Revelations will be part of it, as it is Halloween that month happy.png).

As well as testing random Xbox games such as the Ghost Recon series (1,1.5,2) and Rainbow Six 3/3.5, still enjoying Sly Cooper plus completing Sonic Generations 3DS, Castle of Illusion and surprisingly Super Stardust HD on easy mode (have no clue how I managed to pull that off), there are a couple of games that have been to my attention.

One is The Godfather. That game has been addicting to me for the past few days. There have been 2 copies that I bought, the first one didn't work from a car boot sale so obviously you can't take it back but the second one is working. The best way of describing that game is a GTA clone with a lovely beat em up mechanic of the right analog stick and buying businesses/taking over warehouses that is just as fun as the main story. You can create and edit your character to play in the game from hair styles to mouths to the colour of the skin to clothes which is quite advanced. For an original Xbox game, the graphics are pretty good however there are some recycled graphics though such as how every barber shop/warehouse/hotel looks the same but that is probably due to disc space and encountered a couple of bugs including one where it took 10 minutes to trigger a mission. Wouldn't mention the story since it probably spoils the film [since not seen the Godfather movies], it has quite a short story though.

So far it was just like the time with Sleeping Dogs where I played it from my last birthday all the way to the end and really enjoying it very much. Strange how managed to have more fun on the GTA clones than the 3D GTA games itself.

The other one is Ridge Racer 3D on the 3DS. I've only just started and already familar with the game since it was pretty much the last really good one in the series keeping the formula from Rage Racer to this one. Controls are pretty good, there are about 50 events so there's plenty of content and the graphics are okay for a launch title, one 3rd party 3DS title that I would recommend [unless you also have a PSP which then you can get Ridge Racer 2, that one also has better graphics]. To my knowledge it is the only Ridge Racer game on a Nintendo system that was done by Namco and not outsourced to NST of America like 64 and DS. The Vita one isn't too bad if you buy the Ultimate Edition from PSN on sale but the original retail version is very empty [about par with the original but that was an arcade port unlike this one] and ends up costing more money just to get enough content. Plus not too keen on the current direction of the series such as Unbounded and Driftopia where they feel like really gritty racing games.

Edited by Yawackhary

GTA V, Rayman Legends and Super Smash Bros Brawl. Those are my main games for now,
Soon will be Sonic lost world, Super mario 3D World, and Donkey kong tropical freeze.

Currently playing GTA 5. You've probably heard me bitch about the issues that I've been having with pop-up and graphical glitches in the topic and status updates, but other then that it really is an amazing game. I just can't enjoy it to the fullest right now because all those issues really kill the immersion for me. Buying a new copy today: I've tried every fix in the book to no avail so buying a new copy will determine once and for all if it's my copy of the game that's the problem or my Xbox. I hope it's not my Xbox................

Also, I'll be playing GTA Online when it comes out October 1st, so if any 360 players want to hit me up for a game feel free, XBLA gamertag is in signature. Just make sure you tell me you're from SSMB when you add me smile.png

Edited by Chaos Warp

I'm done with Zack and Wiki for now. I didn't get every little thing out of the game, but I did beat the game. It was a decent game, but there are many spots where it is just so crypitic about what you need to do. A bit more help would have been nice. Yes there is a hint system, but you have to pay for the hints and even then, the hints may not always be that helpful. It just depends really.

Right now, I'm going to go back to a game I already have had for awhile but didn't give it much of a shot, Simcity Creator on DS. I think when I first played it, I must not have been in a Simcity mood at the moment. Right now, it seems alright to me. It starts simple and you can slowly work your way up to where you had a few more elements each time you progress in the game. Instead of throwing everything at you right at the beginning, it eases you into to having everything at you.

• 2 weeks later...

My Left 4 Dead 2 disc got scratched and it only works half the time even when I clean it, so I guess I finally broke my addiction to that game. :(

If it isn't obvious by all of my recent status updates, I'm in the middle of replaying Assassins Creed 2, which I finished in January and haven't returned to since. AC2 definitely deserves all of the praise it gets, Ezio is so likeable and I love following his quest for vengeance, I like how a lot of the dialogue randomly breaks into Italian at times, making the European setting feel very credible and authentic. I truly feel AC2 has the best cast of characters, from Desmond and Lucy in the present day setting, to people like Mario and Antonio in the past. The combat is really damn fun as well, even though I just spam the Hidden Blade most of the time. I'm stuck on flying Leonardo Da Vinci's flying machine mission where you have to prevent the Doge from being assassinated, it's a wonder I got past it the first time.

It's definitely an amazing game, and my favorite Assassins Creed game thus far. It feels like such a huge upgrade from the original title, and did so much new and innovative things with the franchise that I wasn't to impressed with Brotherhood and got bored with AC3.

I'm currently playing through Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper on my brand new  WiiU. Its another in the series of a games that I've played many of and played many many hours of in the past on each individual one. This one looks like it is going to be no different at all from the other games. I'll be playing it for quite awhile. Maybe I'll finish it and get to something else before Sonic comes out, but at this rate, I dunno. =P

Skies of Arcadia on my Dreamcast, though thinking of switching to Timestalkers for a bit, will be doing WWHD next weekend!

I've been playing TF2, mostly on the "non-serious" servers, but I have been honing my skills with the spy class for some time.

Playing through okami right now at the tsuta ruins and I gotta say so far I am impressed with this game, sure the dodge doesn't work too well with the wii's nunchuck but besides that though the game is pretty darn cool and the art style is just so nice looking that even seeing the flowers Amaterasu leaves in a trail is like visual eye candy, the fighting is fun while I'll admit it is a bit easy and the brush controls are probably some of the best usage of the wii mote ive ever really experienced.

So I finished Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines. I liked the ending I got since it was pretty hilarious in the end. I plan on playing through it again as a Malkavian since Malkavians have a unique twist due to their insanity. And they tend to know more than they should too so its best to beat the game first to let tell those twists burn in your brain.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I finished Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines. I liked the ending I got since it was pretty hilarious in the end. I plan on playing through it again as a Malkavian since Malkavians have a unique twist due to their insanity. And they tend to know more than they should too so its best to beat the game first to let tell those twists burn in your brain.

One of my favourite games. Such a darn shame it suffers from the Activision Curse, like so many great games published by Activision. Quality drops like an anchor near endgame when they demanded the game meet deadline. That the developers stayed on without pay to finish the patch to fix all the game-crashing glitches that Activision let head out the door is a testament to their dedication.

In addition to playing Malkavian, it's worth trying a Nosferatu playthrough, turning it into a stealth game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Been playing through Hard mode of Guacamelee!, the final stages of Limbo and on-and-off playing Lone Survivor on my Vita and man are these good games :)

Guacamelee! was a blast to play through during normal mode, but hard mode really makes the games excellent combat shine even more; a few hits and your dead, so keeping up the pacing of combos with timed dodges and quick attacks feels really satisfying. The game is also a joy to play with a lot of exploration to, so another excuse to 100% it, even got the challenge room DLC biggrin.png.

Limbo is, sure is something. The game is really simple; you move left/right, jump and grab/push/pull things, but the levels really make those simple mechanics into tools to combat the darkness the game very often exerts. The spider sections early on all the way to the machine sections toward the end, it's always making you feel like nothing; everything wants to kill you in the most horrible of ways, which frequently happens to me (I guess I suck using the games very flooty controls and movement...). The game loses its darkness a bit with the game focusing more on the puzzles rather than tense moments like the spider sections, but its a overall good game (well, if you got it for under 8 bucks, the game is quite short).

Lastly is Lone Survivor, got it as an impulse purchase on PSN when it launch (guess that 1.00 discount with plus made it look like a good sale, which it wasn't...) and it's really good! It feels like a mix of Limbo's darkness and 2d perspective, pixel graphics (which really add to the atmosphere) and Silent Hill 2 (which I believe is the creator of this game's favorite game, can tell that very well :)), with all three coming together to give you a tense, often puzzling feeling as you explore the games monster filled halls. You have very little supplies, and your only means of attacking the monsters are flare's and a hand gun (which have little ammo), so you not only have to monitor you health/flash light usage, but also have to keep in mind to avoid foes rather than fight them. The game also has an open ended feel to it; there are goals to meet, but you can get to them in any way you see fit, so you can explore all the rooms first before entering the main destination (recommended as you can get a lot of supplies in them) and experience houlcenations outside of the main story (as your character cant tell what real and fake). I really like this game and I've barely played most of it, so I recommend it for servitor horror fans out there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wind Waker HD, just beat Helmorac king and now on my quest to re-power the master sword back to it's former strength.

Been playing Sonic Colours for the first time. I got my copy just before I bought my Wii U. I completed it earlier today. I enjoyed it so I am going to continue playing it for a while.

Then I'm going to replay Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City in preparation for Arkham Oriigns which is released this month on the 25th. 

Edited by LiviD dEAth benDer

• 3 weeks later...

Got a lot of games during the holloween sale that launched on PSN yesterday; picked up Walking Dead Season 1, Resdent Evil 5 Gold, Dead Rising 2 Off the Record, and got Okami HD with Bionic Commando Rearmed 1/2 before the sale launched, a lot of great games there :).

Never played Walking Dead or Dead Rising before and I only got Okami HD for the traditional controls over the Wii version, but really like what I played of Bionic Commando; the lack of a jump button goes a long way to make it different from other platformers I played. I did play Resident Evil 5 before at a friends house a few years back and while I'm hesitant with the games infamous crap partner AI and lack of Wiimote-pointer controls (they made RE 4 so good), it comes with all the DLC (the two extra campan levels), so it might be fun.

Next week's going to be even better; getting Dead Space and Bioshock 1 along with ether the two Fatal Frames or I Am Alive.

Lost of horror-filled goodness to come in the next few weeks biggrin.png.

Right now I'm playing through Dawn of War for PC. Bought it long ago, but due to some computer problems, I never finished it. So now I'm finally going to try and play through the game once again to hopefully beat it. This should keep me plenty busy until next Tuesday when Sonic comes out and I play that for a bit.