Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

Right now, playing Super Smash brothers brawl, can't get enough of it.

Also trying to beat boss battle with every character in Intense mode.

So far I beaten it with Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Kirby, Mr. G&W, Ice climbers and Sonic. 

I'm getting close with Meta knight, Jigglypuff, Lucas and Olimar but failed because of Tabuu.

Whenever I beat a game, I go back to the one game I've been digging slowly into for months now: Etrian Odyssey IV.  I'm into the postgame and have been taking my first tentative steps into the 6th Maze... it looked terrifying at first, but right now it doesn't seem so bad.  I know I'm going to have to go and beat more of those wretched dragons soon enough to raise the level cap and survive for longer, though.  I kind of fluked out on the first dragon I killed and petrified it on the second turn of battle...

I've been playing Ocarina of Time 3D nonstop after getting the game for the first time on my Birthday. Travelling between two time periods is oodles of fun, and the game's atmosphere in terms of a visual and musical front is just breathtaking. It also looks amazing for a 3DS handheld game. I'm really not looking forward to having to do the Water Temple for the first time though...

On my Xbox 360, I've been in the Christmas spirit so I'm replaying Arkham Origins. I've noticed it really isn't as fun this time around, although the plot is top-notch, while RCS and Troy Baker are more than worthy replacements for Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy.

Been doing some retro gaming lately (all because of dem gaming challenges!). First I played Kirby Super Star Ultra, a game I remember playing a bit of it ages ago but giving up after Great Cave Offensive because of the maze like structure. I wanted to give it another go though, which I did and I enjoyed it so much more! In fact, I think it's one of the best Kirby games I've played yet so u can see why so many people like it. Mind you I haven't played half of the Kirby series but it was still a really good game and I had lots of fun with it.

Currently I'm playing SMB3 on the GBA (technically the All Stars version), another game I never actually finished but have played multiple times. Now first the first time I'm actually going to try and beat it!

I'm playing Pokemon Soul Silver again after doing a Nuzlocke of Platinum. I'm Nuzlocking this as well. It's been relatively undramatic (aside from two deaths to Chuck's Poliwrath and some other deaths here and there, but not the bloodbath Platinum was, nor have I lost Pokemon in ways that are dumb, mainly critical hits), and three of the Pokemon I've ended up with (Typhlosion/Machamp/Umbreon) I always use anyway. I've just beaten Clair. I still only have 5 team members, but honestly the free slot is good for slaves and I'm close enough to the end that I'll train up one of my good Pokemon options for the Elite 4.

I'm nearing the end of Ace Attorney 5, and am finding myself gripped by the twists and turns. I've loved it so far, my only gripe so far being Case 2's situation being a bit too convoluted, even by AA standards.

I also recently played Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams. If you like your platformers ball-breakingly difficult, this is the game for you. The twin persona playstyle works extremely well, and I adore the dual soundtrack that accompanies the different personalities. The idea of playing on Hardcore, or god forbid, uber-hardcore mode terrifies me though.

And yeah, then there's been Retro Gaming Challenges, and that's been a blast.

I've been sunk into several games over the last few weeks. Most games are MMOs, and it ended up becoming a daily ping-pong choice between TERA, Star Wars: The Old Republic and Eden Eternal, depending on who's online. I also had fun playing Rogue Legacy (NG++ is where the pain starts...!), trading some 'zookas online on Worms Armageddon and chilling to the beat with Osu!. Besides that there's the occasional League of Legends custom game night with my friends... oh, and Hearthstone too.

I feel kinda smothered to the ground with so many games even, I'm not sure what to pick up and focus on more. I used to be the "pick 1-2 games and enjoy the most of them before heading to the next one" sort of player. x.x

HMPDF-Site-Launch.jpg

Having a bit of a weeb phase right now and giving my PS3 some love by playing some imports.

Starting with Project Diva F, I imported the American retail copy so I could add it to my collection as part of my boxed games, it's really good, HD Miku is glorious and the button prompts are dead on to the beat of the songs, but the song selection is so weak I question why they bothered to make Diva F a console port when there are much, much better Diva games to take the track listing from, like the first, or the best of EXTEND, some of the songs are obnoxious and awful to sit and persevere with, the only redeeming factor for the game for me, is the FINALLY inclusion of RYO's Black Rock Shooter as a song choice, really wanted this in since the original PSP title, but even then the music video to accompany it is pretty crappy, I was expecting more HUKE influences and at least a cameo from the BRS cast.

Ps3-k-on-keion-after-school-live-hd-vers

Next up was an impulse buy, that I'm so glad I made! K-ON!! After School Tea! HD is a PSP remastered port of the PSP version, it's another rhythm game but the pacing and layout of the button prompts are far more appealing than project Diva's, you literally play as each performer and perform their part of the songs which is really awesome, it also increases the length of the game by 5 times, the song selection is amazing, they've hit all the right points for the series as a whole, added in K-ON's!! Most famous titles, and there is literally no song on the game that I dislike, it's a perfect blend of everything, my only semi-gripe with this game is making "Don't Say Lazy" the final unlockable song with the hardest input to play it, it really is a challenging game and I vastly prefer it to Diva F!

225711-1p.jpg

One Piece Pirate Warriors is a shamelessly fun game, it takes the Dynasty Warrior gameplay and throws in more responsive commands as popular characters from the One Piece verse, it has a great progression ladder which each level unlocking 2 new combo's to keep combo chains going and to inflict massive damage, the game also stays incredibly faithful to the original series and big battles with the Pirate captains from each faction, with the defeat of each boss you gain the ability of a new Gum Gum take down move. My sister got me it for my Christmas box so I was only allowed to play a few chapters, and I've just beaten Buggy, Don Krieg and Arlong, the game is satisfying for beat-em-up lovers, especially with being able to take down literal armies of goons as a single person, and it is seriously hard to put the game down, can't wait for tomorrow to continue playing it! My major gripe with the game is that it misses out a ton of important story Arc's which is shitty, but is understandable with the size of the One Piece verse, to jam so much into 15 chapters in the game must have been incredibly tough to choose which arcs to sacrifice, but was majorly, MAJORLY disappointed to see that the battle with Captain Morgan and Chaser was cut, as well as Captain Kuro, still... It's the closest we'll ever get to a faithful One Piece experience.

I've also gotten Dragon's Crown and Pirate Warriors 2, can't say anything on them though since those are Christmas presents!! 

Since I have my new haul of Christmas stuff, I'll be starting with Crash Bandicoot 2 and then Warped after I finished this one. I played this games long ago, but never owned them, so it is great to be able to own them now and add them to my collection. I finally get to play these two games again and complete the trilogy. =)

Since I have my new haul of Christmas stuff, I'll be starting with Crash Bandicoot 2 and then Warped after I finished this one. I played this games long ago, but never owned them, so it is great to be able to own them now and add them to my collection. I finally get to play these two games again and complete the trilogy. =)

Got those a while back via PSN a few months ago and while I didn't play much of Crash 2, I had a blast with Warped. The mini games (the polar bear, motocycle stages) are okay but the normal platforming stages are awesome with tons of paths and really great controls. Enjoy them man, they are wonderful games :).

As for games the games I've been playing, thanks to recently getting a 32GB Vita Card (they are finally at a decent price of 50 bucks....much better than their normal 80 dollar price dry.png), I can play much more of my collection of Vita games. Metal Gear HD Collection, AC Liberation and a few others are just some of the games I can tackle now without worry about memory space and what not, and it feels great to have almost 40+ games in one spot rather than them be spread across many little memory cards.

I also finished my first run of Ratchet Into the Nexus and beat Quest for Booty (that came with Nexus via voucher) and both were fun games. Really like the constant new things the Nexus kept throwing at me and the conclusion, while could be better, was a good way to end the short adventure :). Now I got play it again in challenge mode to collect everything :).

Quest For Booty, while much shorter than Nexus, was just as good. The games larger focus on platforming and smart usage of its limited locations made the experience feel much tighter and longer than it really was, and the combat even in a more limited form was still as satisfying as the full Future games.

Actually been playing Goof Troop for the Super Nintendo all night. I thought it was a bad game till I played it. Im surprised how good that game is...

Got those a while back via PSN a few months ago and while I didn't play much of Crash 2, I had a blast with Warped. The mini games (the polar bear, motocycle stages) are okay but the normal platforming stages are awesome with tons of paths and really great controls. Enjoy them man, they are wonderful games smile.png.

They were wonderful games yes. I've owned the original for so long, so finally getting a hold of physical copies of the other two games in the trilogy was rather nice. I've gotten through them now at this point, so it will be onto the next set of games.

I will likely get to work on them in a day or so, but I'm pretty sure I'll be going through Rayman 1 and 2 for PS1. That should keep me busy for a little while. I figured I would go through some Rayman stuff after I bought Origins on PS3 back during the summer and found it alright.

Played a whole bunch of retro games this month! Just look at mah badges!

Then again, I could have played a lot more were it not for Christmas and spending time with the family. Oh well, it was fun to blast through Sonic 3 again and finally beat Kirby Super Star. Now I need to get back to my other games, and maybe some more retro ones too. Call me old, but I'm starting to prefer retro games more and more now.

Still playing Forza Motorsport on the original Xbox and enjoying the game.

Today, I have finally started Super Mario 3D World and while I am enjoying the game, there's just a few strange thoughts though. Oh nothing wrong with the game since it is a solid platformer, graphics are lovely and liking some of the more creative stages such as the circus one and the shadow underground one as well as the first boss with the football bombs. Plus noticing that the Super Mario World Goomba is in the game, with a slightly different name for some reason.

It's just that it really does seem like an improved sequel to Super Mario 3D Land. Mario running on the spot before Stage 1 starts, the Stage Clear song, the Family Fortunes esque Boss Clear song, the Underground song, jumping up to the sky to get the cloud bonus stage just with a faster tempo of the same song, the purple Question Mark blocks to get a 10 second challenge to win a star coin green star, teleporting ! blocks, NES Mario sprite running (just in a different place), stages that use the main power up (Raccoon leaf, Bell), even the same controls all seem to come from 3D Land. Now it isn't a bad thing since I do like 3D Land but my mind is confused. Speaking of which one of the stages uses the Gamepad functions and was surprised about that, when playing it I started to cough due to a chest infection that currently suffering from and it managed to move the platforms where you blow into the GamePad. Strangely handy.

It might actually be that I've just finished but not fully completed 3D Land and as a side effect, it is still fresh in my mind. Strange since when people were disappointed by the earlier footage, I was really looking forward to play on it since didn't think that I would play 3D Land but somehow did before and just a bit after release. Anyway I am currently at 2-5 (25% complete if it is like 3D Land with normal and special stages) so looking forward to the rest of the game but wondering if it is shorter?

Just got the zone of the enders HD collection and gonna play that later on as soon as the W101 stops taking up so much of my time (jesus christ this game is good).

I finished up One Piece Pirate Warrior's main story log, and I've moved onto Pirate Warriors 2 expecting a continuation on from the first, disappointed to say that it isn't and there's no more one on one fights with bosses, but the fighting is much more refined and the ability to enter style mode (a powered up mode for a short period of time) is awesome, it's all just Musou though (basically capture the territory) rather than action stages, boss stages and Musou stages from the original, however the increased character roster size and the endless fun you get out of beating the shit out of people is more than enough to keep me going, it has it's own story mode too, not based on manga/anime canon, but it's interesting enough to continue the main log, just some of the stages like Thriller Bark are needlessly complicated to navigate when you've got a small amount of time to help out your allies who are about to be beaten.

Being able to play as Kuzan, Perona and Bartholomew Kuma more than makes up for it though. 

Current invested in Ys Memories of Celceta for the Playstation Vita. Right now its probably the most fun I've had with a single player rpg in quite a while. I love all of the characters, especially Frieda's Ice attacks, her final is oh so sweet, just bodying bosses with that special mmmph, it feels so damn good. Currently reaching the end of my journey though, its rather bittersweet, how you can enjoy something so much only for it to come to an end, but I guess there is always post game shit right?

BlazBlue Chronophantasma, I don't even know why I mention this. I'll be playing it all year until the next version comes out. 

inFAMOUS 2-With Second Son on the come up, I believe it is time I invested time into this game, its fun but man when you have an rpg backlog to tackle its a bit of a bitch to balance everything.

Mario and Luigi: Dream Team

Few days ago I got myself another 3DS to replace my old broken one and bought the game. 

The story starts out very slow barely any action, boring first battles, but the story was enjoyable to read and watch, the game tries so hard for you to understand what kind of accent they have espically the French guy block guy. Zee game is zee spectacular, oui? 

I gotten pretty far into the game, i'm at to the point were I'm searching 5 Zeekeeper Ultibed parts and so far I got three. I'm very glad that it's not hard finding your way around the map unlike Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga, I got lost so many times in that game. Not sure if Partners in time or Bowser's inside story were any better.

I'm getting closer to finally get into Bowser and Antasma's castle. But getting closer to the end of the game which sucks...

Just finished replaying Castle of Illusion HD, one of SEGA's most polished titles I've played in recent years.

I like so much about it. Graphically it looks beautiful, and both the 2d and 3d level design is very entertaining. The stages never go on too long or out-stay their welcome. The soundtrack fits the level themes nicely. The brief cut-scenes don't feel like a chore and I enjoy the narration done by Richard McGonagle (who voices Sully from Uncharted).

Whilst remaining faithful to the original Genesis version, there are enough new ideas that keeps it fresh. The only disappointing thing is that the game is too short. There are collectibles which unlock alternative outfits, but that won't keep you busy for long.

I hope SEGA remake more of their classics to this excellent standard.

• Thumbs Up 2

My game Backlog is insain frankly, I stream games which makes it worse in a way x.x the other reasons being mostly cause I was a late adopter of PS3 and you know... steam sales D:

Favourite tiles right now are DOA5 U, borderlands 2, Dragon's crown, Saint's row 4, Sonic Allstars racing and I've kinda got back into Teamfortress 2 again too...

Doing a complete Mass Effect trilogy playthrough after losing my old saves. Turned out to be really interesting to play Renegon instead of the usual Paragade. Having my rude and routhless-sounding Shepard consistently make Paragon choices in the narrative-affecting major choices and then justify them with Renegade lines makes for a great Jerk With A Heart Of Gold personality.

Also never done a Insanity difficulty with Infiltrator before, so it's got enough new gameplay to be worth a replay.

I'm stuck on the Dark Palace in Zelda: A link Between Worlds right now. God, I can't stand it, I only have two item slots and I have to keep switching between Bombs, the lamp, and hint glasses. Darkness gimmicks usually piss me off in video games, and this is no exception.

I have been playing through Lego Marvel Superheroes and Rayman Legends. Marvel is good but going for 100% is a little bit boring because replaying the missions for Minikits/Stan Lee's in Peril is quite repetitive but I like the huge range of characters in the game. Rayman Legends is good although I haven't played too much of it. My brother picked it up on Wii U today and is already further ahead than me and I've had it since Christmas. I may go back to some games I haven't finished/100% completed such as Lego Batman 2 and AC4 whilst I wait to get enough money for my 3DS and Pokemon Y.

Oh, and I've been playing GTA V Online as usual. :P

I'm currently trying to beat 3 games (or 4 if New Leaf counts).

The 3 games are Pokemon X, Dream Team, and Project X Zone.

In Pokemon X: 

I'm at the point where I have to stop team flare from destroying the region.

In Dream Team: I finished the Dream Deep section.

and In Project X Zone: I'm done with the prologues.