Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

Ratchet and Clank from the PS3 collection and Klonoa: Door to Phantomile.

I've never gotten as far into this Klonoa game as I did this time and diden't know about the scene with Grandpa. This upset my sister while I was playing and me to an extent. I'm not easily bothered by games, but damn when he yells at the end of that scene it's quite intense.

Lately I've been kinda game hopping alot, simply because I can't find anything out of my old games to really hold my attention it seems. I'd like to get some new ones but money and all. Anyways:

-Fallout: New Vegas: Been replaying it again since a friend started getting into it. The first 20 hours or so was pretty serious play until I started getting over powered and all, so now I seem to just kill everything and going an independent route...again.

-Solatorobo: Playing the NG+ since I haven't before, but it's hardly different, just obsessing over small stats to be more awesome than you already overly are with your robot. I don't think I even died my first play through, so it's kinda been pointless other than experiencing the story and world again.

-Minecraft: Basically boils down to logging on, joining the server I play on, walk around, get reminded I have no idea what to build, log off.

-And then an assortment of Steam games I own that I hardly played any of them, but can't seem to get engrossed in any of them still.

Honestly sometimes feel like I'm falling out of gaming, but I'm pretty sure it's just a state of mind this past month or so. Just need an awesome new game to sweep me off my feet.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just brought about 5 games. BioShock, Skyrim, Halo 4, Metal Gear Rising, Tomb Raider.

I figured that I would try to put a dent in Elder Scrolls before tacking the rest. Half a week later and dear sweet mother of god its still dawning on me how utterly utterly massive this thing is. I've never been the type for these dungeon crawler RPGs, but after dragons dogma, I figured I'd give this game a shot. Its got PC gaming padding on every corner (sooooooo much junk clogging my inventories and bogging me down) but I can see why people are so high on it.

Now if only I could actually make some progress in this thing. for every mission I finish five more take its place. I can't get anywhere without some random joe asking me to trek halfway across the globe...

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Still playing Theathrythm Final Fantasy. It's given me something positive to say about FFXIII: It has gorgeous music.

Of course...so does Sonic 06. *cough*

I just beat Sonic Adventure 2 an hour ago, I have one character to unlock in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

After that I might beat Sonic Heroes, or Mark of the Ninja... For a change.

Mark of the Ninja might be a not-so-popular side-scroller game, but I just love it, a variety of costumes and many ways to kill stealthily, and a nice set of items, for distraction, or stealth. It's just awesome.

Edited by Mysterious X

Curently playing Super Mario Galaxy, for the first time.

This game is just... excellent. The visuals are beautiful, the gameplay is great, and that soundtrack... just...

I love this game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Curently playing Super Mario Galaxy, for the first time.

This game is just... excellent. The visuals are beautiful, the gameplay is great, and that soundtrack... just...

I love this game.

I will defend the first game for eternity...the second? I dunno, I just couldn't really get into it. Can't explain why. It's just lacking 'something' the first one had.

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 2

I couldn't agree with your post more Krazy, 1 just feels superior to me for some reason and I was left a bit underwhelmed with 2, despite it being 3 times longer with the green star challenges!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Bumpity bump.

I've been playing through Killzone 1 the past couple of days, as part of the Killzone Trilogy on PS3. It's not half bad really, the visuals outside of the cut-scenes remind me of the first Resistance game, and it actually plays better than that game too. I just have some niggles...

The game's intro feels like it was cut in half, or maybe like there was a game before this that I needed to play. Okay, so this guy (who I later figured out was Visari) had been given ten years to do whatever, and I guess everyone on Helghan loves him, but neither the intro nor any other part of the game so have has given any background beyond that (what happened before, where the hell the game is, what planet that is...), and that particular bit of background information isn't what I would put in an intro. All of which means that I'm having a hard time getting a feel for exactly where and when this game is set, putting it into some kind of wider narrative and context, and the significance of Vekta really isn't conveyed well at all. I don't know if all that backgroundy stuff comes in the second and third games, if I needed to read the manual, but it seems like it expected me to know a bunch of stuff at the start. I was on the Killzone Wikia for a while yesterday anyhow, getting up to speed with the timeline and whatnot, so at least now I know what I feel should have been conveyed in the game's opening...

Oh and the opening level is stupidly boring, grey upon grey upon greyish brown everywhere, little to no exposition to tell me where I am or the significance of what I'm doing.

The second and third games had better not be this bad at storytelling.

I've been dividing my time between a few games at the moment.

On the DS, I've been giving a much deserved replay to Ghost Trick, something I've not played since I completed it shortly after initial release. The script crackles just as much as the Ace Attorney games, the puzzles are well thought out and the animation is simply sumptuous.

On the PS3, I picked up a couple of games on the cheap pre-owned. Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, the first time I've picked up my plastic guitar for a couple of years. And you know what, its still fun. The saturation of the market was a damn shame, because it once more feels fresh, and the setlist is pretty good, better than a couple of the previous entries at the very least.

I also got LA Noire, a game that piqued my interest when it first came out, but I heard a couple of horror stories (repetitive, bad interviews having no consequence, and the head of Team Bondi being a bit of a dick). But...I'm quite enjoying it. Granted, I might have found it repetitive if it was the only game I was playing at the moment, but I like the crime scene investigations, the variety of street crime (not quite enough, mind) and looking for the tells in interviews. Of course, the tells are obvious, its just knowing when to go for "Doubt" or "Lie". I'm just about to start work on the Arson Desk.

I also have Uncharted 3 and Donkey Kong Country Returns waiting in the wings...

I will defend the first game for eternity...the second? I dunno, I just couldn't really get into it. Can't explain why. It's just lacking 'something' the first one had.

I think what was missing in SMG2 was the wow factor which the first game had. There was nothing unique anymore about its level design and gameplay. However, the music was once again out of this world, and some of it actually sounds better than the first (IMO)!

Anyway, I finally beat the Kimono Girls in Soul Silver! I beat the Elite Four and the Champion too, so I'm now doing all the stuff in Kanto. Oh Pokemon, why are you so addicting? <3

I haven't been playing much. I've not really been able to find any new games that interest me. I did buy Radiant Slivergun though the other day and have been getting my butt kicked by it. I love ridiculously hard games like that.

The game is a lot like a complex puzzle. You need to figure out what works where, take apart the bosses piece by piece, and memorize every pattern in the game.

Plus it's very much a bullet hell shooter and the precision needed is something I'm not used to.

Lots of fun :)

• 2 weeks later...

I finished The Starship Damrey last night.  And I literally mean last night, as to preserve the atmosphere I've been playing it in the dark whenever I couldn't sleep.  It's probably my favourite of the Guild titles at this point (context: I've played Liberation Maiden and Crimson Shroud); I like the mystery, the confined atmosphere, the point-and-click puzzles that aren't horribly forced.  As an experiment in not providing tutorials or guides, I think it's a success, too, save perhaps in that the first five minutes or so of the game have nothing to do with anything you'll ever have to do again.  It could perhaps have done with being a little more varied, but it was only meant to be a short piece, and in its shortness I think it succeeds entirely.  I'd happily have played more or for longer.  Kind of interesting that the game's big "scares" are things that are literally right there in front of you and which don't do anything until you walk into them.  Well, that's one more form of the element of surprise, I suppose.  I think I might also have preferred it if the solution to the game's plot had been slightly more supernatural, in an "aliens with weird powers" way, but I can't complain altogether about the explanation of the seemingly supernatural devices, which I think was the right choice, especially given the succinctness of the story; I thought things were being explained a little too quickly at points, but in fact that's just because the game is relatively short.

So been giving Skyward Sword a fair shot finally.

On two occasions I stopped right after the first temple, right when you enter the lava world area's start, simply because I felt the game was just slogging way to slow and couldn't get into it. I figured if a game wasn't engaging me after the first 7-10 hours or so, something was wrong, so I shelved it.

Buuuut, the OCD got the best of me and decided to just push through it since I've beaten all my other Zelda games. So once again I'm around this point (a bit further, just got inside the second temple), and it's slowly starting to feel less boring. I know there's a few members here that absolutely love the game, and honestly that's also another reason why I wanted to just get through the feel and beat it, so I can put a good judgment on the game overall. However, I definitely think this is one of the slowest and most nullifying Zelda starts in it's history. That said, I'm really staying optimistic about the rest of the game and honestly it'll probably blow me away. Just hoping it crosses a point for me where I say it's definitely worth crawling those first bazillion hours.

----

Aside from that, been kinda stuck to Minecraft and Killing Floor lately. Minecraft is starting back on its "I play this when I got nothing to do" so it'll probably be off my radar here shortly until the next update most likely. However Killing Floor has gotten into me again since a few friends have been playing it recently. It's really fun and I love playing it, but there's times when I wanna play and no one I know is around to play/wants to play, and playing alone is really boring (and hard as fuck).

*shrugs*

• Thumbs Up 1

Playing through Super Mario 3D Land as Luigi. I've already gotten all star coins and gold flags. I've said before and I will again: this is one of the most fun Mario games I have ever played and I had an absolute blast from beginning to end. The levels are perfectly constructed and it really sets the standard for 3D platforming. I have no complaints.

I've also been crawling through Mighty Switch Force! and Shantae: Risky's Revenge at a rather slow pace. Just taking my time with them since they're such short games in comparison.

• Thumbs Up 3

The main game I'm focusing on at the moment is Fire Emblem Awakening. I usually dislike SRPG's, or RPG's in general, but after playing the demo, I just had to purchase the title. All of the info/tutorial they present to you at the beginning overwhelmed me a bit, but I quickly got the hang of it. I'm over half way done with the game, and I'm just amazed at the amount of content included in this game.

From time to time, I still go back to my favorite 3DS game, which is Kid Icarus: Uprising. I'm currently trying to beat all of the Chapters on the 9.0 setting, but it's just too damn difficult. Despite that, this game is just too addicting, so I'll definitely keep trying. xD

Alan Wake and Sonic Adventure 2...both were on sale on Xbox Live, so I decided to give them a shot. They are both pretty good, although I'm enjoying Alan Wake a HELL of a lot more than SA2.

Devil May Cry 4 and DMC: Devil May Cry. People complaining about the reboot, made me wonder why... and I can see it now.

Paper Mario and Paper Mario: The thousand year door. Both are great titles. The fighting system isn't too complicated and the game is easy to get into. The art style of the games look nice and were unique.

Edited by Dom

I got a Wii U a few months back, but the SD card slot on my Wii was busted, so I have to get my data back the old fashioned way.

I was playing Mario Galaxy recently... Got all the stars, and was going to do a second run of it with Green Mario. 

But then I saw the trailer for Sonic Lost World, and I suddenly needed a Sonic Fix, so I started playing Colors again. About half way done with it. ( I haven't done a 100% run of a Sonic game since Sonic Adventure DX: Directors cut on gamecube. I don't think I'll be starting back up unless the rewards start improving. )

Ah.. and Last Saturday I did this.

tumblr_mndzs2plVb1rog6mvo2_500.jpg

I'm currently trying to finish Pokémon Black 2 and Kingdom Hearts 3D, both of which I had to put off for a while due to schoolwork.

Decided to buy Devil Survivor 2 since I'm enjoying the anime. So this will be eating away at my time for a while.

Still playing Kid Icarus Uprising and I finally beat a few Chapters on 9.0 for the first time.

The goal is to eventually finish all 25 Chapters on the highest difficulty setting(9.0). =D