Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

Currently finishing up A Link Between Worlds. Coming from someone who's least favorite Nintendo franchise is Zelda, by far, I'm really enjoying this particular Zelda title. It's my 2nd favorite 3DS game of all time after Kid Icarus Uprising. This is a Zelda title I actually see myself replaying for once, unlike other games in this series, excluding WIndwaker(my favorite Zelda game).

With this years goal of beating much of my backlog, platunming three games in a row is great start to that :). Did that with Tearaway (such a wonderful game), Rayman Origins (was only missing two simple trophies...man what a good game), and Guacamelee (had two tricky trophies to get).

Now with that out of the way, I've been playing Okami HD and Ratchet Going Commando HD for PS3 alongside Rayman Legends and Bit. Trip Runner 2 for Vita. From beating my old Wii copy of the game years ago, I'm not even half way through the game yet, but with it the game being so good, thats a great thing. The humor, the amazing visuals, rock solid controls, and a really unique way of getting special items via Celsta Brush (such an inventive machanic that works so well, wish a Zelda game did something like that with its items) all make this game the masterpeice that it is :).

Ratchet 2 HD I realy enjoy :). Loved playing it a few years back thanks to it and Jak 3 being the very first games I got with my PS2 back in 2005, and while I enjoyed Up Your Arsenal much more, this game is still great. It just has some little things that really anoy me; the weapon wheel only having one ring (and with a game having so much weapons/gagets to use...thats a bit of an issue :() and the shooting button not mapped to one of the sholder buttons (neither was Up Your Arsenal but I'm so used to how the Future series and Into the Nexus play). Besides that, I'm havin alot of fun with the game and I think I'm close to the end (think so, remember a final space flying section before the final level...), but with challenge mode, maxing out much of my weapons, and getting the platnum trophy (going be a bit of an problem with having to get those skill points...hated those in all the Ratchet games, so hard to get :(), I have alot to do in the game :).

I beat Rayman Legens a while a go, but I want to get the platnum of that...which is going to be a pain thanks to those dailly challenges. They are alot of fun, and with them being mixed up out of three-four level themes they are never repetative, but some of the skills players have with the game is rediculous (one of the challenges had a guy do the Livid Dead Endless Run Challenge last for 5,000m....while I was only able to get 1,200m :(), but they do give me a reason to go back to the game :). As for my other Vita stuff, got alot of the more tricky trophies in Sonic Racing (guess PS+ boosted alot of the players for online matches; got the Team Sonic trophy biggrin.png!) and beat the first world of Runner 2 (though I have to go back and beat many of the stages on hard mode...).

And I still have more to play with my large backlog (Dead Space, Bioshock, Doom 3, ect) and alot of PS Plus games (Dragons Dogma, DMC, Brothers, Mega Man 9/10, ect), so I have alot of games to be playing during my winter brake :).

• Thumbs Up 1

I've beaten the main story of Injustice Gods Among Us: Ultimate Edition on PC after getting my butt handed to me a couple of times so that was the first main game beaten in 2014.  Currently working on Grid 2 and I have to say it is quite enjoyable playing a game that is just focused on the racing aspect instead of grinding for cars with other racing titles that I have played over the years. I really need to work on clearing my backlog of games this year because I have well over 50 titles in my Steam library alone.

I'm currently playing The Wind Waker just for nostalgia

I've been completing sidequests and stuff before I venture off into the next two dungeons.

Main thing I've been playing over the past few weeks whenever I get the opportunity is Suikoden III. Currently on Hugo's Chapter 4 trying to get all the Stars of Destiny before I finish the chapter up. Really enjoying it for the characterization, especially compared to most other Suikoden games which doesn't have nearly as much depth to most of the cast.

Skipped Thomas right now, but I have a save file before I started Chapter 4 that I'll go back to after I beat the game once. After I beat the game I'll complete Thomas' chapters, then do Geddoe and Chris' stories. (I just wish Chris kept her appearance from Chapter 3. tongue.png)

I have been playing through Lego Marvel Superheroes and Rayman Legends. Marvel is good but going for 100% is a little bit boring because replaying the missions for Minikits/Stan Lee's in Peril is quite repetitive but I like the huge range of characters in the game. Rayman Legends is good although I haven't played too much of it. My brother picked it up on Wii U today and is already further ahead than me and I've had it since Christmas. I may go back to some games I haven't finished/100% completed such as Lego Batman 2 and AC4 whilst I wait to get enough money for my 3DS and Pokemon Y.

Oh, and I've been playing GTA V Online as usual. tongue.png

My brother-in-law got that for Christmas. I played it with him a bit. Loved all the humor in it, though the game seemed shorter than I anticipated, especially with the massive amounts of characters in it. (And despite all the odd choices of characters, they couldn't figure out how to add in Shadowcat and Rogue? That kinda sucks honestly... Both of them are major X-Men characters...)

It was still a pretty good game, though. I wouldn't mind getting my own copy eventually. Or just stick with LEGO Lord of the Rings/LEGO The Hobbit (my wife got that for Christmas).

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks to PS Plus, I've been playing DMC: Devil May Cry and I'm honislty plesently surprised by this one :).

Yes I remember all the conterviously surrounding it since it was announce; they changed Dante's look, he is more of a punk than a campy but still cool dude, his hair isn't white anymore, the attempts at acting cool fall flat on their face, the game is by Ninja Theory and its 30FPS and ect. But, after playing it, while I understand some of the complants toward the game, it really isn't bad at all; in fact it's quite a fun game :).

The game feels....more streamlined compared to past DMC games, with no styles from past games along with no manual lock on (which would be helpful...) and a smaller arsenal of tools for Dante to use. This ends up making the game really fun to me, as I never got into DMC 3 on my PS2 even though I had access to many more weapons and tighter controls (or maybe the game just runs better; DmC does run at a lower frame rate after all...). Being able to chain many attacks together without pulling my hair out or getting to fustrated is a very nice thing :). The game even has a surprising amount of platforming, as Dante's glide power and his angel/demon chain are used alot for transversal for finding challenge rooms or collectables.

The story is even good, with the characters being (mostly) likeable and the mix between Limbo/Earth really makes some really cool events happen (ex: during the games intro, a demon is attacking Dante with a fariswheel in Limbo, but on Earth it's just causing havok braking the dock). With that said, the game does get into embarising moments sometimes and they are really cringe worthy to watch (thankfully you can skip the games cutscenes is necessary :)).

Overall, the game is alot better than many give it credit for and I honistly feel that the DMC license held this game back. The streamlined combat, more inventive use of the platforming, a more serious story that could happen if the DMC name was lost (the past games were always cool and campy, but that really clashes with what Ninja Theory was trying to do here :(), and the insane backlash the game got could have been avoided. Oustide of that, I hope PS+ users give the game a chance and enjoy it and even if you didn't get it for free, it is still worth a buy :).

Currently playing Airmech, Sims 3 and occasional Happy Wars.

Airmech is probably the very first free-to-play game I ever gave my money to. But the best part about Airmech is that all of the important stuff you need can be unlocked or bought without spending a penny. But I wanted that fancy Airmech, and I wanted VIP, so I coughed up my money.

Sims 3 is the one I've been playing the most. It's not my favorite of the series, but it isn't bad.

Oh yes, I also sometimes have been playing Happy Wars on my Xbox. It's also free-to-play, and surprisingly, a well done MOBA. Could use some improvements though.

I'm currently playing through Rayman 2 right now. I just had a long suffer through Rayman 1 and damn, that game is so hard it is frustrating >_<. You had to pretty much constantly go back to an early level to farm more lives just to barely stay alive and you have to do this after pretty much every single level in the game. I haven't played a platformer this unforgiving and difficult in quite awhile.

Now that I've started on Rayman 2 though, I do have to say this game is more enjoyable so far and not pull my hair out hard at all anymore. I can get over hard, but Rayman 1 is just so unforgiving and difficult that it comes off as unfair at many points in the game. Hopefully, I'll be able to get through Rayman 2 without many troubles.

I've been binging on Final Fantasy 7 lately.

Its still a fucking long game and its still as how I remember it. I'm having a lot of fun with it and I've been trying to make the game more METAL. So here's what I named everyone.

Cloud - Ozzy

Barret - Hendrix

Tifa - Lita

Aeris - Joan

Red 13 - Slayer

Yuffie - AmiYumi

Cait Sith - Lemmy

Vincent - Van Halen

Cid - Lars

If you can get those references well congratulations. you're Crow's best friend now. But I just got to Nibelheim and got Vincent pretty early. I just need to get to the reactor up north. So I'm gonna go do that now.

• Thumbs Up 2

Project X Zone.

So far it's just baby's first Banpresto game. I'm 7 chapters in, and I don't know how many chapters of this hogwash story there is, but it's yet to be challenging. I hope that changes.

So, while i wait until i will get Ratchet: Gladiator HD, i started (and i'm about to finish) in rapid succession Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction and Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty. While the first one is a hell lot of fun and the second slightly below it, i wish they would have been the same game. Quest for Booty not only is incredibly easy, but it's short, very linear, with no collectables and a story that basically doesn't go anywhere until the cliffhanger.

People said that with A Crank in Time things get a lot better, and i hope it will be the case when i will get it. Meanwhile, i have to recover as i said Ratchet: Gladiator HD.

PS: It's also a shame that those games don't have trophies. I know they were made when PSN trophies didn't exist yet, but i wish they had a patch for them.

StealthTax's Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Currently pining for a Sonic 3C release/a full version of Sonic 3, cleaned up and without the "&Knuckles" slapped on.

Got Metal Gear Rising: Revengance on PC. This game is brilliant...it's so OTT in true Platinum Games fashion and the combat system is very meaty. Loving it so far.

It terms of combat I'm actually enjoying it more than The Wonderful 101 because it feels more focused and the sometimes clunky control/touch screen input are obviously not a problem here. I will definitely give props to 101 for its originality and even more OTTness though.

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time. I sadly already know what the plot of the game is due to reading it previously, but I'm happy I'm at least finally getting around to these games - I've had them since last Christmas. Into the Nexus is what really motivated me to get off my tushy and finally work my way through these games.

Though knowing the big plot twist at the end actually makes some of the dialogue 10x more ironic.

It goes without saying I dig the Hoverboots. They were a clever way to replace Clank for the duration of the game.

Still trying to finish Wind Waker HD, those triforce peices are giving me a challenge

Still trying to finish Wind Waker HD, those triforce peices are giving me a challenge

I really find it shameful I never truly beat Wind Waker. I and my friend beat it together; he did a lot of the Triforce collecting for me, since that involves the ocean. I have always been scared of sharks in water, even in video games. When Gyorgs appeared it was a "nope nope!" moment for little me.

That's actually another reason I've prohibited myself from buying Zelda games - apart from Ocarina of Time, I have NEVER been able to commit to finishing any of them.

I really find it shameful I never truly beat Wind Waker. I and my friend beat it together; he did a lot of the Triforce collecting for me, since that involves the ocean. I have always been scared of sharks in water, even in video games. When Gyorgs appeared it was a "nope nope!" moment for little me.

That's actually another reason I've prohibited myself from buying Zelda games - apart from Ocarina of Time, I have NEVER been able to commit to finishing any of them.

Yeah, those giant sea hats are the main reason why it took me so long just to finish the triforce hunting (though luckily it was a quick get it and go scenario) and yeah I can't really commit to playing ocarina of time or majoras mask because ocarina of time has those stupid skeleton spider things (forgot their name) and that scary as crap moon on MM, I swear I looked up at that thing for like a split second and got a heart attack.

I just have a incredibly ludicrous fear of water. When I found out GTA V had added sharks to its water, well, I wasn't exactly cackling with glee.

I was playing Twilight Princess quite extensively for a while but then got to the Temple of Time, got stuck and never really found the urge to pick it back up. Maybe some day... the worst part is I spoiled the plot for me, so it kind of kills a lot of the motivation to try it again.

Did the same with Skyward Sword. In that case the main grievance was that, well, I don't like motion controls. If I want to move my body I'll go to the gym, dammit.

More on topic, will probably boot up Civilization III before I head to bed. Yes, I'm a dinosaur, but Civ 3 has Age of Imperialism, an awesome mod that lets you play any of the nations that existed in 1895, hence its name. Currently I'm playing Japan, having annexed... well...

RgvuT8O.png

About 1/3 the world's surface (Japanese Empire in green). Eat that, British Empire. Well, if I didn't eat you first. America only has Alaska while Britain is stuck between the Falklands and Zanzibar. My house rules for victory were the annexation of the United States and United Kingdom, which can be incredibly difficult given they are both monsters economically and militarily by the time you're ready to launch such a campaign. America in particular tends to devour Canada and Mexico early on, making North America a fortress that only a mad man (that's a meeee!) would try to invade...

But hey, that's the fun of it! biggrin.png

Also running an interactive game as Italy where I share power with several other forum posters. This is all over at CivFanatics however. Were forum games allowed in some extent I'd bring something similar here for sure.

Grand Theft Auto V and Dodonpachi Saidaioujou. Gotta get that 1CC!

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time. I sadly already know what the plot of the game is due to reading it previously, but I'm happy I'm at least finally getting around to these games - I've had them since last Christmas. Into the Nexus is what really motivated me to get off my tushy and finally work my way through these games.

Though knowing the big plot twist at the end actually makes some of the dialogue 10x more ironic.

It goes without saying I dig the Hoverboots. They were a clever way to replace Clank for the duration of the game.

ACiT is an awesome game. Glad you're enjoying it.

At last 100%'d New Super Mario Bros. U last night, well the main game at any rate. Still only on World 2 of New Super Luigi U, and on World Mushroom in Super Mario 3D World, with still a hell of a lot to do if I'm to access World Crown.

Finally slowly making my way through Sonic Lost World. Up to the first Desert Ruins and so far so good.

Thanks to a the current PS+ Sale in NA, I got alot of Vita games and a really cool PS3 game :).

For the Vita, I got Killzone Mercenary, Epic Mickey 2, Velocity Ultra, Stealth Inc., Thomas Was Alone, and Pixel Junk Monsters Vita HD along with Puppetter for the PS3.

Didn't play Puppetter yet, but played all the others and they are quite fun :).

Killzone Mercenary looks amazing on the Vita (almost like the PS3 tittles!) but it has more than just looks, it has really fun gameplay. The missions are very open, each having many ways to beat them ala Goldeneye 64. You can take the stealthy route and kill very few Helgan, or you can go guns blazing like in past Killzones. Once you beat all the missions, you even have secondary missions to complete within them, giving the game even more replayablity. While I didn't play the games online mode yet (only played a bit of the Bata a few months back), I think it will be fun.

Epic Mickey 2 is...something. Its not a bad game...but it really isn't an amazing one either. I have a bitter view of the orignal Epic Mickey even though I loved it when it first came out; beat it five times, got all the pins (or most of them), unlocked the extra cartoons, ect. The game just left....a feeling of disapointment. It could of used the brush machanic like Okami (where you used the Wiimote to draw simple shapes to create things, not just filling in parts of the level), had a dark cellshaded look that the GameInformer Magazine hinted at, the gameplay could of been a bit tighter and the story's moral choice elements really could of been much stronger (Ex: You use thiner ala "Evil" mode alot and in-game everyone hates you...but in the cutscenes everyone loves you, really Junction Point?). With that in mind, Epic Mickey 2 is a better game, as it knows that it isn't anything super special, just a fun kids game that has some appeal to older Disney fans. The game adds co-op mode for the single player, the camera is mapped to the right stick, the levels feel a bit more open, and the overall tone is much more Disney, meaning that all the "Darkness" stuff that was pointless in the original is gone. The game does have some slowdown and frame rate drops on Vita, but its fun for the cheap price of 7 bucks :).

The other Vita games are quite fun too, even though they are all very different from each other. Verlocty Ultra is a very action packed game where you piolt a space craft to kill creaters and safe people. The fun part is how fast the game feels, as you have a boost button that the game encourges you hold down for most of the levels and you can even teliport from place to place (you can does this via button press or taping the touch screen). Its alot of fun and a must buy for all Vita owners :). Thomes is Alone is a very intersting game, as you play as shapes using puzzle platformer gameplay. See, you have a narrator who tells the player the thoughts the shapes you are controlling have and it gives the game a real surreal vibe to it; the idea of shapes having a soul is really deep. The gameplay is a lot like other puzzle platformers with you solving puzzles using the shapes different sizes. Being very early in the game, I can say that the game is quite something :).

Stealth Inc. and Pixel Junk Monsters are quite fun as well :). Can't what to play Puppetter in the morning (as I set up my PS3 to download stuff over night) and looking foward to beating Dead Space and playing more of my other games :).

Yay, just beaten Super Mario 3D World. It's not fully complete with stars, stamps and the hidden stages to do but felt rewarding even though it felt a tiny bit rushed near the end; plus it was the first game that I've done for 2014. Also getting on with Forza (nearly 50% complete) and 3D Space Harrier (halfway there).

Last night, hooked up the Gamecube and despite not using it for 8 years it still works that was surprising. Not only that but it kept the date (something that the Xbox doesn't do) and it was really quiet not only loading but also running the console. Strange how something surprises you when you're used to loud loaders and fans considering that it is a disc based system. So to celebrate it, I've started Taz Wanted a game that I bought not so long back and it's not a bad game. Graphics are in a cel shaded way, voices are muffled however the music was clear, it has a bit of humour in it and for a licensed game geared towards kids it is actually quite tricky. The only problem so far seems to be the collision detection when you jump, the game decides whether you made the platform or not. Since it is a platformer with a bit of stealth, I'll imagine that this might get problematic later on. Anyway done the first stage and am enjoying it so looking forward to more of the game. That also reminds me, I actually do miss Infogrames since they usually published decent games.

I've mostly wrapped up Pokémon X. I just need to encounter Zapdos 9 more times (he always runs away, that bastard) so that I can catch him and then Mewtwo.