Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

I'm currently playing Pokemon X. I just started the post-game "story". You know, the little that there is. I'm also currently playing Ducktales Remastered, trying to get the remaining achievements I have. Once I'm done with those I think I'll go back and finish Tales of Xillia.

I bought Minecraft last Monday and have been playing it a bit each day since then. It is a very interesting game to play. It is quite interesting and quite a creative game. I'm not too into downloadable games, but this one is interesting of course. I don't care for how it lags from time to time and quite bad in some areas and then runs perfectly in other areas. That is pretty much the only annoying thing I'm having with the game is that it gets bad slowdown from time to time. Other than that, not a bad game.

Recently I've been playing Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. So far its pretty good. The controls feel nice and I like how many different options they give you right from the get go. The story is pretty far up its own ass though and the dialogue is terrible. The beginning of the story also assumes that I've played The World Ends with You because I have no idea who any of the TWEWY characters are or what they're doing other than the fact they all look like starving circus clowns. Also the minigames are pretty terrible.

After finishing Cave Story, i've started Crimson Gem Saga: considering it's a sequel (sort of) to Astonishia Story, it's a lot better then its predecessor: the sprites and the fields are better, the combat and the upgrades are better, and the story for now looks better too. It keeps me wanting to play it at least.

Only downsides: the musics are not exactly my favourites and for now i've already recognized Troy Baker and Laura Bailey as the VA of the main characters. I swear, it's like those two are following me or something.

I finally managed to beat Metroid Fusion for the GBA in 4:01 with the final item percentage at 38%.  The SA-X kept killing me in addition to life priorities shifting prevented me from completing this game so when I finally managed to beat it I felt satisfied in getting one of my games completed.  Since I had to do an RMA on my PSU for my PC I haven't been able to play my large PC game backlog but once I get the replacement delivered I'll be working on the following games for the PC:

Shift 2 Unleashed: Started a clean save file and I want to beat the FIA GT1 championship with the Legends championship as a bonus objective.

LIMBO: This game is platform hell in some areas so I haven't been able to complete it for some time. Hopefully I'll be able to without murdering my controller.

GRID 2: I started this game back in December and I want to beat the main career before the end of this month.

Sonic Adventure DX Directors Cut: I dread Big's fishing stages in this game as I really hate those stages almost as much as the current U.S.government.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lego Batman!

What? It's fun. It's right up near the top when it comes to video games I play just for sheer mindless enjoyement. 'sides, I really like the Lego adaptions. They did a heck of a better job staying true to the source material than a lot of Batman games...and movies...I've seen.

I've gone back to playing Burnout Paradise, I've forgotten how much fun that game is, but knowing how much content the game has is making me reluctant to finishing it since I've previously 100% it on the 360, I purchased a huge discounted deal with all the DLC included on PS3 a few years back. The game is still visually breath taking, I wish they'd port it to PS4/XONE kinda like they did with Tomb Raider, because holy fucking balls that would be amazing.

Look at my profile feed and take a guess.

I'd been eagerly awaiting this game since it's announcement, but it feels a little off in some places. The support conversations are easily the best part of the game, bu they also feel rushed.

Right now, I'm just working on getting every support conversation. Don't know what I'm going to do from there onwards.

Been playing Re: Chain of Memories via HD Remix. Though the game has potential in the card based system most of the time it's just aggravating to me and the learning curve for it is pretty steep. Luckily I found a decent enough deck to get me through Sora's half of the game which mainly consisted of high level attack cards, cures and a mega potion, which in turn let me use sleights such as Sonic Blade and Strike Raid. I coupled Strike Raid's stunning ability with the Roxas Double Damage card to help me take down a majority of tough fights. The music is pretty underwhelming after hearing KH1's redone music but the story is as great as ever, unluckily I knew all the twists and turns already.

I'm onto Riku's side now which seems more linear which I'm kinda okay with, and the shaked up gameplay with Dark Mode seems okay. I've already heard the word "darkness" more times than I can count.

Fire Emblem: Awakening. Picked it up back when SMTIV came out as part of that "free money if you pinky swear you'll buy FE x SMT later" deal, but only got around to playing it recently. It's my first FE game, aside from having borrowed one of the GBA ones briefly like seven years ago.

...y'know, for a game that gives you tutorials on basic stuff like how to move your units and what an item is, it sure was coy about the part where you have to make specific characters talk to specific enemies to recruit them. Sorry, thief guy from the castle mission, I thought I just had to beat you up. No future babies for you.

You should always check the enemies to see if any of them have specific names.

Also, before the fight, Gaius says he doesn't want to kill her. That's your cue that you need to talk to that character with Chrom.

Awakening simplified it in that only Chrom is the one that talks to them, but other games have other characters that have to interact.

Gaius is your thief of the game, he can pick locks on chests. You need either him or Anna if you want to open chests.

Right now im playing through dustforce, crimson skies, and ninja gaiden.

Dustforce, man what can I say about this game. First off, this is probably one of the best indie titles I have ever played and honestly it has some pretty good level design but my god can it be hard some times, I swear this game takes some godly precision to get through some of its gold key levels (only two of them right now but im sure there are more later) and I don't know whether its the fact that im playing the console version or what but the wall run doesn't like to activate at times and it can lead to plenty of deaths.

Crimson skies is an old xbox game that I played as a kid and playing it again, I appreciate it a whole lot more now, it has some pretty good gameplay, the graphics were good for their time and while the dialogue itself is pretty darn cheesy (like 80's action movie cheesy which is exactly what this game is in some aspects) the voice acting itself is pretty good.

Ninja gaiden oh boy ninja gaiden, this is probably the second hardest action game i've played so far (god hand is first), not only do some of the enemies on here attack you relentlessly, the camera is just awful in certain places that make it either hard to see or just flat out impossible at times and the jump is basically as stiff as DMC to the point where you have to be really careful when platforming and even then its pretty easy to fall off, all of that aside though, the combat is pretty good and from what ive played so far the game gives you some combat options but not too many (but they are all useful).

I'm currently working though playing Sly 4 at the moment. Its actually pretty good, so the people I've heard say it isn't anywhere as good as the other three games, I don't know where they got that from. Maybe I'm easy to please or something, I don't know. This game feels just like the other games to me and seems to fit in rather well with the other Sly games. I'm currently working through it at the moment, so I'm not done, but what I have played so far has all been fun to me.

Avast, young grasshopper, a delicious plot element awaits ye in future chapters. The eye of the shitstorm the Sly fandom had over the game will be apparent when you reach it. tongue.png

On the topic of Sly 4 I don't care if Tennessee Cooper is technically overpowered, he's just that awesome.

I really need to get sly 4, I was going to get it one day but decided on the KH HD collection instead, it was worth it mind you but still.

Just finished replaying The Last of Us. I love this game so much. The graphics, combat, level design and replay value is out of this world. I've never played a game quite like it. The story is so emotionally draining. You can't help but get involved as the story unfolds, and the ending is so clever. So many questions unanswered. Both Joel and Ellie are amazing characters and I love the voice acting. The soundtrack has some beautiful music. 

I'm looking forward to playing TLOU: Left Behind DLC.

You should always check the enemies to see if any of them have specific names.

Also, before the fight, Gaius says he doesn't want to kill her. That's your cue that you need to talk to that character with Chrom.

Awakening simplified it in that only Chrom is the one that talks to them, but other games have other characters that have to interact.

Gaius is your thief of the game, he can pick locks on chests. You need either him or Anna if you want to open chests.

It was pretty obvious that he was supposed to be recruitable, but I figured he'd either give up himself after a couple of turns or he'd just show up after the battle if I took him out. The huge TALK! prompt is kind of a big clue if you've got Chrom in the general vicinity, but I had him plugging up a chokepoint on the other side of the map and never saw it. Oops.

At least I figured it out in time to not also kill Tharja. Uh, or at least in time not to save after I killed her the first time and got suspicious. I sure am good at video games.

Just finished Outlast, and I loved it so much I'm doing an INSANE playthrough.

:'( pray for me

I decided to start finally NIER, and so far it looks very fascinating: what you note instantly is that the game had a relatively low budget at its disposal, but the developers gave all the effort they could (sadly a rare thing these days).

The story so far is ok (i heard this is a continuation from one of the bad endings of the first Drakengard, so i guess the dark and depressing tones come from that) and the protagonist, while (as Grimoire Weiss points out) screams every time he discovers something, is easy to empathize with (also, kudos for having a relatively older man as the leader, this is also rare; shame that in Japan they had to do the whole separation with Gestalt and Replicant).

Gameplaywise it reminds me of Darksiders II, so ok overall (plus, i saw some reference to The Legend of Zelda here and there, so extra points for that). If it keeps like this, it will be a nice experience to enjoy while waiting for Drakengard 3.

Also, the soundtrack is damn impressive, with different tones and musics but each of everyone describes the situation you are in while enchanting you.

I mean, just listen to this:

I just got back from a hilarious game of L4D2 with NOEL. Here's the highlights of that round.

The Parish; The Park

So there was a witch that was near the exit of the maze part right? And a jockey so happened to spawned and we both hate them so we had to get rid of it. Noel accidentally hits the witch and disturbs her. I was trying to kill the jockey but it ended up jumping on me. And with a bit of luck I bumped into the witch which knocked the jockey off, leading me to kill both of them.

The Parish; The Quarter

So NOEL guessed right and a tank spawned in the middle of the condo leaving us to fight it in rooms and stairs. So Coach gets cornered into a room and gets incapped. I pretty much dropped everything to machete the fuck out of the tank and it worked because the tank ended up hitting Coach instead of me, leaving him quite open.

Later during the Mardi Gras float event, right after Noel turned on the float a charger spawned behind the rest of us and it charged at us, grabbing Coach. I did end up flying and I landed where right on the ledge that we were supposed to use the float to reach. But I got a free ticket to freedom but it didn't last since I got pounced by a hunter a minute later. The same hunter also got NOEL. Should had used that last molotov.

But yeah that's all I can remember and it was hilarious. This is why you need to play this game with friends.

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently juggling between various games at the moment:

Ratchet and Clank 2 (Lock and Loaded): After a long search for the HD trilogy (had to go to a little town to get it since it wasn't available elsewhere compared to the others in the series where it is pretty easy to find) and enjoying the first game from start to finish. Now I'm in the second one and I don't think it is better or worse, enjoying it the same which is a lot. The only thing that would have liked is if in the ship battles, the camera would have zoomed a tiny bit out that's all. Currently I'm in the desert where you had to find the crystals to repair your ship.

Mighty Switch Force HD: My first and it seems one of the few Wii U eShop games that I've downloaded. So far I have been enjoying it from the presentation of the graphics and sound, to the gameplay hook. Have been stuck at Incident 13 for a bit due to the end where you have to get it dead on otherwise you either get crushed by the switch block or fall down to the spikes due to the spotty collision detection and only a small room for timing (managed to clear it in Off TV play due to a power surge where I live that knocked off the power but the Wii U kept going). Now I'm at Incident 15 where I am stuck, reminds me of Wacky Workbench too much even the music in that stage sort of feels like a Sonicy song.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: I had to test the Wii side of the Wii U and after a bit of problems with the sensor bar and the remote (that came free with Wii Play Motion, it's the Plus one), got it sorted fine. The problem is after completing New Super Mario Bros. U, the game feels more of a lower budget with its simplier graphics and presentation however luckily the gameplay is more or less the same so it is still enjoyable even though in some parts found it easier (Propeller Mario) and some parts harder (one item allowed at any time) plus that had to shake the remote to do a move instead of pressing a button and tilt the platforms on it. Currently at Stage 2-5, the one after the miniboss version of Roy.

Was playing Forza but had to stop since it is getting a bit too hard for me to handle and would require almost perfect driving at this point...

I've been trying to make up for all the titles I missed in 2013. Hoooo boy.

First off I've been burning through the one and only Bioshock Infinite and hot damn is it a fun time. Fast paced action that constantly manages to force you to keep moving and keep thinking on your feet instead of the standard pop out and shoot trap a lot of shooters these days fall into. BEAUTIFUL setting. Columbia's consistently bright and colorful look really serve it's atmosphere and make it just as jarring as it should be when things shit. The story's been a little on the questionable side, since I can't tell if it's trying to be deep or if it's an excuse to send me dashing across the city, and I'm not much of a fan of Elizabeth at all so far, but over all it's really stylish and fun and chaotic and I'm in looove.

I've also been playing a Link Between Worlds. It felt a bit rehashy at first but the game's slowly been distancing itself from it's predecessor as it goes with the dungeons getting more creative. It's also nice to explore hyrule in any direction I want to. I want to see that concept applied to a bigger world. 

Oh, and I also bought Dark Souls, but I'm probably not gonna get into that for a bit. At least, not until after I finish one of the two games above. I did play the tutorial section though and I did indeed die a lot!