Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

I've mostly wrapped up Pokémon X. I just need to encounter Zapdos 9 more times (he always runs away, that bastard) so that I can catch him and then Mewtwo.

If memory serves your specific Legendary bird shows up in the Sea Spirits den if you've encountered it enough times, so you don't have to go all around Kalos 100 times.

• Thumbs Up 1

Been playing Serious Sam Classic: The First Encounter on PC (while my gaming TV is currently down). It's a really good old-school shooter, it's really fast-paced and fun. Also been playing Left 4 Dead 2 with my friends. If anyone wants to play either with me, shoot me a message, I'm down. 

Over the Christmas period I blasted through Metal Gear Rising. Dear lord, the sheer bonkers nature of it was fantastic.

When I originally tried the demo many months ago, I struggled with Blade Mode as I kept moving the Left Analogue Stick, so the camera was gong everywhere. I couldn't get it in my mind to stop, then enter Blade Mode. Yet now, with the full game, I got the knack from the off. So yes, slicing and dicing was very fun, and I ended up finding it easier to chain attacks than Bayonetta. Either its an easier game or I'm getting better at Platinum's output! Not doing that All S Ranks tophy though, hell no.

Since then, I've started Far Cry 3. I rarely play first-person shooters, but I knew this had a hefty emphasis on exploration and such too, so I thought I'd give it a go. I haven't got far in it at all yet, because...I'm exploring everything! The only thing I dislike so far is the crafting, purely because it took me ages to expand my weapons pouch and was always running out of ammo. Now that's sorted, I can go properly gung-ho at stuff...even if I am better at the stealth aspect.

• Thumbs Up 1

Over the Christmas period I blasted through Metal Gear Rising. Dear lord, the sheer bonkers nature of it was fantastic.

When I originally tried the demo many months ago, I struggled with Blade Mode as I kept moving the Left Analogue Stick, so the camera was gong everywhere. I couldn't get it in my mind to stop, then enter Blade Mode. Yet now, with the full game, I got the knack from the off. So yes, slicing and dicing was very fun, and I ended up finding it easier to chain attacks than Bayonetta. Either its an easier game or I'm getting better at Platinum's output! Not doing that All S Ranks tophy though, hell no.

It has way less depth and polishing than Bayonetta, mostly caused by its rushed nature, which becomes really evident past Ch.4 (a 5 minute chapter, a chapter that's just a bossfight and another 10 minute level with the final boss*). Maybe that's why you found it easier.

Despite its several shortcomings, it truly was a blast to play and replay, tho unlike Bayo I'll never be bothering either with the hardest difficulty. A fully realized sequel not dragged by development hell baggage would be very welcome.

* But it was the best final boss I've played in years and the cementing factor in my future W101 purchase.

I'm currently working through Ducktales Remaster for WiiU. I've already beaten the game, so I'm just working to get more money in the game to unlock all the unlockables. This really is a fun game and surprising that Capcom can make something quite fun like this with how they can be sometimes these days. Making the game play out just like a long continuous episode of the tv show is great as well. It adds a lot of depth to the game and gives it a great story to go along with the platformer. Some people may not like how many cutscenes are in the game, but you can also skip them all, which is handy going through it more than once. Overall, I rather enjoy the game.

Next I'll be getting back to Jak and Daxter 1. I was going to start playing it first before Ducktales, but my PS2 controller died. I just found a used one at gamestop for less than $2, so that did make me happy and looking forward to getting back to playing the game next.

Currently working my way through Persona 4: Golden which I have to admit I'm really enjoying so far. Also about to start up on Ys Memories of Celceta as I just picked that up yesterday.

I got Bioshock Infinite off PS+. It's alright so far.

I also got Postal 2 off Steam. It's pretty fun though about 10 minutes in I stopped doing the story, broke into the police station, dressed up as a police officer, and started peeing on everyone for a couple hours. It was incredible fun.

I'm playing Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey on the DS because fuck Nintendo and their stupid region-locking bullshit. 8 months have passed since SMTIV was released and still no news on the EU released date.

So far, so good. Beated the second boss, Morax yesterday or whatever.

On the Vita I've been playin' some Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus. I'm like 3 chapters away from beating the game, just in time for Dragon's Crown that will arrive tomorrow.

Even if I don't understand most of what they're saying since I imported it from Japan, SV is a fun brawler with lots of characters, customization, unlockables, life and hometown.

I've been playing GTA V again. I've been trying to get 100% after stopping when the online mode released. I will probably stop though as I am getting my 3DS in a few days and although I do not yet have a game for it, I will probably give Super Mario 64 DS another shot because screw the D-Pad!

For now, I'm playing Super Mario 3D World.

It's a shame I haven't at least one other guy to play it with. Playing it alone makes the game really boring after a while sad.png

Also, those 8-bit Luigis scattered all over the game are starting to frighten me. Just last night I had a nightmare about one of them following me in a dark alley unsure.png

Been playing through Walking Dead Vita along with Epic Mickey 2 and Puppeteer.

I loved Walking Dead when I played through it last October and on the Vita it is still the great game that it was on PS3 :). The ending is still heart breaking and I made decisions that I felt much more confertable about in the episodes (such as not taking the food at the end of Episode 2). I even did better in the 400 Day's DLC, with me getting all the survivors to come with me :) (only got one to come with me in the PS3 version).

Puppeteer was quite the surprising little game. Its concept and core gameplay is interesting, as you collect heads and can hold up to three of them at a time. With that, each head you find has a unique "head action" that is used to find more heads and find cool secret levels (they are quit fun). The gameplay is classic platforming, but it has such an large feel to it; the presentation being so strong has you on a stage at every second of gameplay with a narrator talking to you, things going by so fast, the world having such vivid colors and charm, and a very strong progression of learning new moves. Its a shame the game still isn't 7 bucks anymore (as the 14 for 14 sale ends today :(), but it really is wroth the full price admission. Just like Tearaway, the game has a childlike charm to it that it makes everything around feel so much special....

Epic Mickey 2 was surprising, as I'm having a lot of fun with it :). he gameplay is just like its predisor, with you using paint and thiner to color/erase the world around you but everything feels a bit better than the original as you can use the Vita's touch screen to use the brush (giving you Wiimote-quality aiming) and have the second stick for camera, fixing the biggest issue with the original. The story is also much better, as it really changes depending on what you do (ex: use paint to defeat a boss, which starts a unique 2-D cutscene with friendly splaters, the games enimes, hugging Mickey's leg). The mission set us is even better, with them having more ways to beat them and navigating between them being easier and more fun than before (you can now have multiple paths to take in the films reels and can just warp to places they go after you beat them). The performance on Vita isn't that great, with frame rate drops, but its not nearly as bad as that was in the Jak Collection :). The game is on practically every system, so if you come across it for a cheap price, I would recommend it happy.png (just don't get the Wii U version....its just horrid man :(....).

Currently still trying to finish some games...again. 

Top games I'm currently playing are Bayonetta (still trying to beat it!) and the game I just got yesterday, Anarchy Reigns. I'm just going through Anarchy Reigns story mode trying to unlock all the other characters so I can have a big variety of characters to choose from whenever I play online with my friends. 

Playing Walking Dead all over again because my iPad deleted the game (and others) whilst updating to the new iOS. Oh well, it's nice to replay the game again and make better decisions here and there. Still leaving Lilly behind though. XP

After beating it, I might just get Episode 1 of Season 2!

Currently still trying to finish some games...again. 

Top games I'm currently playing are Bayonetta (still trying to beat it!) and the game I just got yesterday, Anarchy Reigns. I'm just going through Anarchy Reigns story mode trying to unlock all the other characters so I can have a big variety of characters to choose from whenever I play online with my friends. 

I also just got anarchy reigns yesterday, if you want you can add me on PSN (if your on the PS3 version anyway). My PSN: megasoniczx

I've been replaying Tomb Raider 2013 these last few days. A game I enjoy very much. I adore the graphics, soundtrack, and the impressively vast - often open - level design. It's a very long game and I enjoy the journey Lara goes on. 

There are some sections where there is too much combat which gets tedious after a while. Other than that I can't fault it. The weapon design and upgrade system works really well. The collectibles are fun to search for and I like the small challenge 'tombs' you find.

I know some people prefer TR games to be based around constantly exploring tombs, but that can get kind of boring after a while, so I like that you have lots of different terrain to explore and enemies to fight. Gotta say I adore Lara's much more realistic design, and Camilla Luddington is great as the voice of Lara.

It's a very satisfying experience upon completion. Really feels like you've been on an epic adventure. Will definitely replay this game again in the future. Looking forward to the sequel.

Next up, I think I will replay The Last of Us.

Assassin's Creed IV DLC "Freedom Cry" and Assassin's Creed Liberation HD are currently my go to games. I think the Assassin's Creed series is one of the best of the last console generation and one of the best in years. It combines three of my favorite subjects into one: history, action/storytelling and Ancient Alien theory!

With my PC dead, I switched the games I were playing and hopefully will go back to them when I get a new PC. I'm currently playing LEGO City Undercover (which is fun, really fun) and Super Crate Box on my crappy computer. I also am playing Mario and Luigi Dream Team.

I'm currently playing through Rayman 2 right now. I just had a long suffer through Rayman 1 and damn, that game is so hard it is frustrating >_<. You had to pretty much constantly go back to an early level to farm more lives just to barely stay alive and you have to do this after pretty much every single level in the game. I haven't played a platformer this unforgiving and difficult in quite awhile.

Now that I've started on Rayman 2 though, I do have to say this game is more enjoyable so far and not pull my hair out hard at all anymore. I can get over hard, but Rayman 1 is just so unforgiving and difficult that it comes off as unfair at many points in the game. Hopefully, I'll be able to get through Rayman 2 without many troubles.

Rayman 1 was really unforgiving. Rayman 2 is way too easy though. I'm just glad that Rayman Origins/Legends found a good balance between the two.

After getting the platinum in Tales of Xillia (can't stress enough with that game), i started both Beyond Good & Evil HD and the Castle of Illusion remake: i'm really liking both of them, but sadly, they are pretty short and the trophy list isn't that great, so i fear i will finish them too soon.

Next i will decide between Enchanted Arms, Nier and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. Decisions, decisions...

been wanting to play sly theives in time, howver dont have any of the plaforms that they are on :(

Finally beat that darned Champion's Road in Super Mario 3D Land. Snatching up the last few red star rings in Sonic Lost World should be cake compared to THAT nightmare.

After that, I have my eyes on finally finishing up the original Shantae.and finally clearing out my backlog.

In alphabetical order: Fire Emblem Awakening, Game & Wario, Hyperdimension Neptunia, and I've decided to replay Sakura Samurai as well.

Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call (or the Last Spectre if you're in the US).

This is the first time I've ever played a Prof. Layton game and although I've never really enjoyed puzzle games (with the exception of the Portal games), this game is really brilliant. This game has a lot of polish and I'm assuming that will be the case for the rest of the games. The puzzles are really fantastic too and overall the game is really charming...plus it's a nice feeling to have when the game you're playing takes place in your country. The cutscenes are some of the best I've seen on the system too

I've bought the other 3 Prof. Layton DS games, and yes I know that this is not the first game in the series but I was told that this game is the most newbie friendly in the series, plus it's a prequel of the first game so it is first chronologically.

I'm a fan now.

I rather regret having started the Professor Layton series with Miracle Mask, because apparently it's by no means the best in the series, and I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have.  I think I'd probably have preferred the series back when there was less of a story arc.

On which note, I'm playing Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, and finding it incredibly enjoyable so far.  So I will, at least, be buying Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright.

I recently picked up Broken Age and its a pretty interesting game. Its a story about two characters trying to escape their own situations. I won't say much about its story just to keep it a surprise for others but I dunno I'm finding this game to be a bit too easy for a point and click game. It doesn't help that I've been playing Sam and Max recently which does have creative solutions to problems.

Speaking of Sam and Max, I've been playing through Season 1 cause I can. Finally at the Bright Side of the Moon and I haven't been having too much problems with it. This is a fun game series that's for one thing. I might pick up the comics, I kind wanna see what happened to that bent meter.