Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

I'm addicted to playing Batman Arkahm City on WiiU, I'm also playing Persona 4 Arena on PS3 since we guys in the UK had to wait nearly a year for it too arrive here. If anyone has it PM me your name on here as well as your PSN name, mine is SuperYoshi6

Just finished Skyward Sword the other day, I think it's really a great game, I love the visuals and the gameplay, especially the swordplay (makes it more strategic than button pressing) but honestly can't find it in myself to keep exploring or replay in hero mode. I love it but the story takes a while to get into and is quite a slow start, however some of the events later in game I think we're really worth the wait and I hope they redo something similar!

Not quite sure what to play next though, still haven't beaten Okamkden yet since letting my gf save over my save file so maybe ill crack out the 3DS and give it a whirl

• Thumbs Up 1

Pokémon Black 2. I'm soooo close... I'll try to finish it tonight.

As I've gone on about in the statuses several times lately, I'm playing through Morrowind for the first time. All in all it's a fantastic game, though it took some time for me to adapt to the different mechanics after playing 400+ hours of Skyrim, lol. I'm also trying to 100% Super Mario 3D Land on the side. I've got all the star coins, now I just need to finish every level with both Mario and Luigi and get the gold flags. I figure it shouldn't be too hard.

• Thumbs Up 1

So... I just completed The Legend of Zelda for the first time ever. Second Quest, mind. I got a decent ways in the First Quest before and lost my data on an original NES, but when I played through again on the Collector's Disk that came with the preorder of Wind Waker (my in-laws had it) I decided to just do the Second Quest this time. I completed it 100% as well, all hearts, all items, all powerups. Oh, and I did the same for Majora's Mask last week.

Other than this, I'm primarily playing Star Ocean: The Last Hope on 360. I don't know why it gets a lot of hate (like with Till the End of Time as well), I absolutely love it just as much as I loved Till the End of Time and The Second Story. In TLH there's a couple of noticeable things I dislike, primarily the fact that there's no optional characters (well, unless you count the ability to keep Faize on consecutive playthroughs), but otherwise I'm liking it a lot.

And after this I have to finish my playthroughs of The Second Story, FF IX, and Jak 3 (got caught on a mission where I have to use the red gun exclusively through a shooting gallery), among others... Yeah I've got a huge back log. :P

I'm trying to pick up a little experience with the Shin Megami Tensei series before SMTIV comes out, so I've been playing Devil Survivor Overclocked. I'm planning to squeeze in Soul Hackers after that, if I have time.

Devil Survivor's been really good so far, anyway, and it's reminded me of how much I like SRPGs and strategy games in general. I'm only on the 5th day, though, so I may go back on that sentiment somewhat once the game starts to get properly difficult. I just hit my first major roadblock in Kudlak, who I managed to coax Mari into killing on my first try, only to promptly be wiped out by his surplus minions because everyone had run out of mana and I was trying to crack three skills from a single squad. It was kind of embarrassing.

(also, I'm normally not that great at recognizing voice actors, but it's deeply distracting to me that Mari has the same voice actress as Ashley from Mass Effect)

I've also finally bought one of my local game store's ten or so copies of Drill Dozer (seriously, they have a little mountain of them), so that should be something lighter to fill the time when I get sick of fusing demons. I haven't actually started it yet, but I've only heard good things.

I recently finished only my second playthrough of Pokemon White with Emboar/Stoutland/Krookodile/Swanna/Vanilluxe/Eelektross (I love Eelektross, even though it's not as good as you expect it to be, but it still kicks ass as it's coverage is insanely good). It was just as much fun the second time, and I've decided I like 5th gen Pokemon arguably consistently the most (aside from some exceptions like Gallade, Umbreon, Poliwrath, a load of other favourites in the first 4 gens). It's really a shame that the game runs out of steam once you've beaten Elite Four round 2.

I will be playing White 2 again soon, also for the second time, and probably not using any of the old Pokemon. Even in my first run the only non-Unova Pokemon I used was Lucario. It's really hard figuring out what to use though, half the shit is really late or you can't get it's pre-evo earlier, but I'm definitely using Samurott (only starter I'll have used twice in Gen 5!), Unfezant (gotta use all the early game birds, and early Return means it might be decent) and Meinshao (because I must have a Fighting type and Scrafty has already been done, I don't like using legendaries and the not-Hitmons are extremely late).

Still playing Kid Icarus Uprising and I finally beat a few Chapters on 9.0 for the first time.

The goal is to eventually finish all 25 Chapters on the highest difficulty setting(9.0). =D

Also, doing this right now (darn chapter 4 and those tight corridors) and so far have only completed the first 3 on 9.0.

But besides that, I finished pac man world today and game was great fun though some of the level clippings and invisible walls douse the fun in the last two themed levels but I still enjoyed it. I also started muramasa the other day after hearing so many good things about and I have to say that the game is really hard (playing on shura difficulty mind you) but its really fun at the same time and has some really good backdrops and interesting characters too, sucks that theres no english dub for it but the original voice actors are good too.

I'm currently juggling Oracle of Seasons, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D and Pokemon White 2. Yean, now do you see why I've not been so active here lately? D:

Almost finished Oracle of Seasons; liking it for the most part as it more or less plays like a sequel to my first ever (and therefore dearly-loved) Zelda, Link's Awakening. There's been the odd frustration along the way, but by and large I'm enjoying it a lot. DKCR is fucking awesome. Hard as shit but still so brilliant. One of the best platformers I've played in ages, if not ever; even if it is infuriatingly difficult much of the time.

White 2 is pretty good also; admittedly I've not played it in a few days, as I'm at the postgame now and therefore it's lower priority than the other stuff I'm yet to finish (although I'm technically postgame in DK as well). I don't think the plot was as good as the original BW, so it did feel like a bit of a step backwards in that respect, even if some of the gameplay mechanics were refined a bit.

Between all this I've also sort of got on hold Twilight Princess (I got to the Temple of Time right before a bunch of new games released), Super Mario World (got 70-odd exits) and a bunch of other more minor projects. There really is no summer games drought this year, which is almost a shame since I'm bordering on needing one. D:

Finally put Skyrim down... some 140 hours later. Jeez.

Now I can get back to the pile of games that have built up on my self. I decided to start with MGS Revengence and Tomb Raider (my bro really wanted it).

I've made fair progress in both. MGS has Platinum's hands all over it, and that is a good thing so far. The bosses are fantastic and cutting things has yet to get old. I just unlocked Raiden's Ripper ability and it has drastically changed my already set in stone approach to combat. Now I can really let loose with the blade, no matter who or what is in front of me. Stupid Biped Tank - come get some. It reminds me of a mix between vanquish and bayonetta, two of my favorite games this generation.

Tomb Raider is laughably easy so far. Laura is so horrendously overpowered. Even before she got the machine gun, she could just walk into a room and own the the place with a few arrows and a pistol. You don't even need stealth. Its faster to just run into a room and slaughter the opposition. There is no fear of death in combat. The QTE's on the other hand, make you hold your breath. Your constantly one missed pressed button away from a gruesome death, and I am not nearly as comfortable with the 360 controller as I am with the PS3...

Edited by Sega DogTagz

I'm switching between Denpa Men 2, which is silly and fun, and the unfathomably boring Fire Emblem: Awakening, which I am trying to finish purely out of a sense of obligation and so that I can comment with authority on its flaws.  Ages and Seasons I'm saving for when both of those are complete, as I want to exclusively concentrate on the Oracles because I like them so much.

Playing Uncharted Golden Abyss, Sonic Racing, and a few others on my new Vita :)

Cant believe these games are running on this thing and playing a few laps of Sonic Racing with a solid 30 fps and seeing Golden Abyss make great use of the Vitas gyro aiming and treasure solving is awesome.

So, just beat Star Ocean: The Last Hope. I think I may have been underleveled or something, the final boss (on Normal difficulty) took me a good two hours to beat. I really enjoyed the game, though, and I'm not really sure why people tend to hate the game. I enjoyed it, even thought the story was pretty good, too. Though SOMEHOW I MISSED MERACLE'S FRICKIN' ENDING. Now that drove me crazy.

Oh, and I also spent all week finishing Ocarina of Time. I finished that off this morning before spending the rest of the day finishing The Last Hope. My next goal is to finish Final Fantasy IX and then return to work on Star Ocean: The Second Story again.

So, just beat Star Ocean: The Last Hope. I think I may have been underleveled or something, the final boss (on Normal difficulty) took me a good two hours to beat. I really enjoyed the game, though, and I'm not really sure why people tend to hate the game. I enjoyed it, even thought the story was pretty good, too. Though SOMEHOW I MISSED MERACLE'S FRICKIN' ENDING. Now that drove me crazy.

Oh, and I also spent all week finishing Ocarina of Time. I finished that off this morning before spending the rest of the day finishing The Last Hope. My next goal is to finish Final Fantasy IX and then return to work on Star Ocean: The Second Story again.

Oh Star Ocean: The Last Hope, I finally meet someone else who enjoyed playing it. :D

Anywho, I am playing Corpse Party right now. This fucking game... this fucking game trolls the fucking shit out of me. I love it, its a horror game (though its not as scary as it is disturbing).

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm not really sure where to put this so I'm gonna put it here. I've been playing Dust: An Elysian Tail after I bought it on Steam last night. I've played it for 6 hours straight through plus some in the last 24 hours

I just beat it and I don't know what to think adadlkjfsdf. I'm almost in total shock from they way they ended it. I thought other games I've played were quite a shock, but this was like a swift punch to the gut when you least expected it.

I've never had tears come to my eyes because of a game before, until now. This game has left me confused, conflicted and above all sad, but in a sort of good way I guess?

Seriously I just don't know what to say. It's a great game with a good story, but damn...I've never reacted to a game in such a way before. Maybe I'm just being ridiculous and overreacting.

Then I come back on the internet and someone makes it a little better *spoilers*

yuGBYUG.png

FWIW I play mostly shumps and stuff like Sonic games so I'm not used to some thing happening in games.

Now I must go listen to some Kino and somehow try and get some work done.

Edited by SkyLlamaz

I'm currently playing through Uncharted 3 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution thanks to PS Plus, and I have to say Deus Ex is great :)

Love the freedom I have to explore the environment and face enemies how I see fit (went though the first level on stealth mode, barley killed anyone :))

I am little disappointed with Uncharted however.  Its still a great game, and it looks amazing, but everything feels, I guess forced.  With Uncharted 2 I felt like I was playing a action packed film with a perfect mix of elements working together, but with UC 3, those elements are in separate areas, making everything feel like a chore.  I still plan on beating it, as I loved UC 2 and Golden Abyss. 

Just bought 4 new games last friday: Dead Rising, Prince of Persia 2008, Dragon Age: Origins, and Dragon Age 2. I suck at Dead Rising, haven't touched Prince of Persia yet, and put down Dragon Age:Origins, because I found it to be really boring. Right now, I'm playing Left 4 Dead 2 online. Man, that game is addicting!

Just bought 4 new games last friday: Dead Rising, Prince of Persia 2008, Dragon Age: Origins, and Dragon Age 2. I suck at Dead Rising, haven't touched Prince of Persia yet, and put down Dragon Age:Origins, because I found it to be really boring. Right now, I'm playing Left 4 Dead 2 online. Man, that game is addicting!

Man, you got some good picks :)

Dead Rising is a ton of fun from what I heard and Prince of Persia 2008 is a beautiful game with solid gameplay and amazing cell shading.  Dragon Age is odd though; Origins has a lot of RPG qualities while DA 2 has more action based gameplay.

Well I recently beat Alice Madness Returns and since I got the ultimate edition I have American McGee's Alice with it so I'm playing through that.

Alice is one of my favorite games ever but for some reason it plays like ass on the PS3. Maybe its because I had more faster and accurate control than with the PS3 controller. But I still love it regardless.

Currently playing Kingdom Hearts. I bought a PS2 just to play KH1 & 2, after the KH3 reveal. I'm now getting my ass handed to me on the the Riku/Ansem boss fight so I'm just doing some grinding at the moment.

Edited by KrazyBean

Skyrim. Dear god it's an addiction I cannot break from... and now with the removal of the level cap and legendary mode my level 81 Nord has more purpose. 

Been working on Kirby dream collection a bit, about to play my DC copy of SA for the first time!

E3 went and got me all excited for X, so I bought Xenoblade Chronicles for about $80 off Amazon (god forbid I find it at Gamestop).  I was raring for a huge JRPG like I've never seen, and I'll admit everyone was right, because most JRPG's I've played aren't thinly disguised mumorpugers.  Luckily I like mumorpugers though, and this game is no different.  So far the story is pretty standard, but the characters are incredibly likable and make up for it.

Fiora dying did catch me by surprise considering that you could actually acquire new weapons to equip to her.  If I didn't know any better, I'd say Shulk would be the one to die because he gets bugger all to equip, but like I said I knew he was the main character here, so expecting him to die right off the bat would be rather stupid.

That said, this game doesn't belong on the Wii.  It has an amazing aesthetic going for it, and while the Wii tries its damnedest to do it justice, it just leaves me wanting more.  This is the kind of game that deserves the extra detail and visual clarity provided by HD consoles, and X is like the payoff for that.  I love the game to death, it's absolutely fantastic, but it still could've been so much more... and that's honestly frightening.

Oh, and speaking of mumorpugers, I'm back to playing Guild Wars 2.  This time I made a treeman thief, and managed to get up to level 30 so far.

I'm also playing some Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the side.  You don't exactly have much time for anything when 2 mumorpugers are hogging all your free time.

Edited by Nix
  • Thumbs Up 1

So...since last posting, I've finished Sam & Max Series 3, Ghost Trick, L.A. Noire...but new stuffs.

I got myself  3DS XL with Super Mario 3D Land, and finished Special World 8 today with Mario. I'm not going to bother getting all the Golden Flags, even though I didn't miss many. I'll leave it a few months before doing a Luigi playthrough, but I thoroughly enjoyed the assualt courses that made up the levels.

Uncharted 3...a bit disappointed by the story mode, in that it felt disjointed, constntly going from one countr to the next. 2 seemed to flow better. But still, a good game, and I'm getting my arse handed to me online.

Donkey Kong Country Returns...oh god the difficulty of some of those levels...all I have left is the Golden Temple, and I've been struggling on that with Donkey only. Might have to cheat and get Diddy before going back, but I've enjoyed it on a whole. Wish I hadn't waited so long to buy it.

Next up, splitting my time between Dreamfall on P.C and Super Mario RPG on the Virtual Console. Never played either before, so hopefully I'll enjoy them.