Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

just finished Fall of Cybertron and was blown away with how much it improves over WfC, i loved every minute of it and it's currently GOTY for me with Darksiders 2 trailing ever so closely behind it.

oh and Darksiders 2? i fucking LOVE the Kingdom of the Dead, and i seriously creamed with how awesome the Eternal Throne is ERHMERHGERHDDD

I've been sitting on it for a long time but finally started playing Persona 3 PSP. If I'd known they fixed everything I hated about the original I would've played it sooner. Playing as a chick is so much fun.

What am I playing, you mean what am I addicted to? That would be BlazBlue, that rhymed and you should too <3

• Thumbs Up 1

Some Darksiders 2 followed by a shitload of Counter Strike: GO and some Hybrid while on the 3DS I've been playing some Shinobi, it's a great addition to the series and a wonderful "reboot"

I love racing games, and it looked like loads of hectic fun, so I got Motorstorm Apocalypse yesterday. I beat two stories in the Festival and beat ONE Hardcore event. My neck feels like crap, my thumb hurts, and I'm grumpy as hell. Why? The Hardcore Event.

Let me tell you, I am inherently good at racing games, but JESUS CHRIST. You have to do 3 laps around the place in 2:48. Of all the people that played it, less than a thousand beat it, and the highest time that wasn't an obvious hack was 2:30. There are 2 kinds of AIs: The ones that want to win, and the ones that want you to lose. There could be a pileup at the starting line if the AI thought that would ruin your chances of a perfect run, and that's just what happened. Cars rammed into each other, sending themselves right at the player, the key to a good start was to figure out what kind of shit they were going to pull and use your boost to hop over them at the first chance you get. There are also multiple instances in the track where the multiple paths you can take intersect, meaning those fuckers may deliberately slam into you near the final stretch and ruin your run. Regardless of all the opposition, I still beat it. By a second or two, but still.

And this was the hardcore version of the first level.

I dread what lies ahead.

Edited by Mr. Awesomest

On the 3DS I'm flipping between NSMB2 and Rhythm Thief - I've hit a part where I cannot even pass the stupid rhythm game because I can't watch both bottom corners of the screen at once and can't manage to hit the D-pad/A in correct sequence - I A-rank the first two segments then BAM! I'm out. I was bouncing between that and the final boating game of Bowser's Inside Story (which I cannot pass either - fail at one game until I get tired of it, then switch over to fail at the other game for a while), but now I've switched Mario games for a while. NSMB2 is definitely easier than the previous NSMB games; I'm already more than halfway through, although I haven't gone after all the side-ways yet.

On the PS3 I've platinumed Skyrim and am working on trophies for Sonic All-Stars Racing (only had for a month, although not brave enough to try online, as I've never done it) and Generations. I cannot figure out why the controls on modern Seaside Hill are so horrid. It's not the controllers - all three play the same - but the controls just don't seem to work the same as the other levels. Straight up is straight forward on every other level I've played, but apparently Sonic doesn't have his Seaside legs yet - he veers left and right like mad, and there are a lot of jumps where he just seems to go random directions. 'Tis truly bizarre, since I can switch to City Escape or Crisis City and he acts right on cue.

I've finally got Mario and Luigi Superstar Story but not started it yet (GBA or old DS), and have Pikmin 2 for the Wii.

Xenoblade Chronicles

Currently 50 hours through the story and I must say, it's absolutely incredible. I've managed to have sessions of it that lasted 6 hours straight and still wanted to play more (though I had to be realistic and go to sleep eventually). The plot is amazing, one of the best plots I've ever seen in a videogame. However, this is coming from someone that plays very few plot heavy games. I'm always so eager to see what the story has lined up next. As a note to anyone who plans on getting/playing this game through DO NOT WATCH/READ ANYTHING SPOILER RELATED. Normally, I'm one of the kind of people that really doesn't care what happens in a plot and aren't too fussed about spoilers but none of the plot elements of this should be spoiled. Following the twists and turns of the plot is one of the most enjoyable parts of the game.

The battle system is fantastic, it works so well and never really gets tiresome due to how well the characters are balanced out. All of them are more than usable and it's awesome finding a variety of combinations in characters, skill arts, skill links and various other things. Only issue is when you're battling in a tight space and you're pressed against a wall. The camera becomes a real hassle sometimes. But at least there's constant manual camera control (though I wish it would move a little faster).

The soundtrack is incredible. Breathtaking even. One of the best videogame soundtracks I've ever heard.

I could go into more detail, but I want to finish the game first. I'm loving it so far.

Let me see. A couple of weeks ago I finished Tales of the Abyss 3D, which lasted me a good three weeks, I think. Been a while since I played an RPG, and it was a lot of fun again; I disagreed with the emotional tenor of some of the plot twists, but I was pretty impressed with the kind of story they were telling, one full of politics and meddling with the basic mechanics of the planet itself. The direction was often pretty clumsy, executing important cutscenes in as minimal a style as possible, and boy am I not good at non-turn-based fighting, but it was pretty good fun and I had a blast. I wouldn't say it's a great game, but it definitely runs from good to very good. I don't remember if I was much good at predicting the story, but it was always fun to hit on something just right, like... hmm, I thought this forum had a spoiler button, but I can't see it. Well, let's say I figured that the only reason a certain character wasn't a playable party member was because they were going to die, and eventually my prediction paid off.

Then I got onto, what was it... ah, yes. Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure. Turns out I am terrible at rhythm games. This is partly because not much peace and quiet is to be had in my home and half the time I couldn't hear the music at all without turning up the volume so loud it'd be too loud and too disturbing to others. When I could hear it, I got a lot better... but I digress. I'm not interested in rhythm games and I bought it for the story, and that paid off. Very cute Saturday morning cartoon sort of plot, started off fairly sedate but ended up going completely insane in the most hilarious way possible, and clearly thinks it's going to get a sequel. I applaud it; so much to do and so much fun to have.

Then there was, or rather is, Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir. It's... well, to start off with, it is a shame that a horror game requires some pretty good light sources to function and is best played at the height of daytime. But for the kind of game it is, it really works. To be able to AR it up without looking like an idiot you basically have to shut yourself away somewhere, and that makes it a lot more immersive, if not ever actually scary or claustrophobic (in the slightest). The story's short, but any longer and the AR would overstay its welcome, and I was charmed enough by it that I'm going through it unlocking bonuses and whatnot. Just going through all the Photo Ops boss battles and nightmare mode boss battles now, when I get the chance. It's pretty good fun. Although it's an interesting coincidence that the plot is more or less identical to Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, but even without that comparison the main plot twist is probably pretty easily guessable.

So, seven years late, finally picked this up yesterday (my brother got a copy at launch, so I have played the DS port quite a bit before, just never had my own copy);

EF57938B-CB39-4DB2-A366-D20763B421D1-201-000000037ECA1B00.jpg

Was quite surprised to still find a new, sealed copy on the shelves. Admittedly was quite tricky to find; GAME and HMV didn't have it, ASDA did. The original NSMB and MKDS still seem to be common though, but 64DS seems a bit harder to come by.

I must say, it's aged a bit more than I remembered. Might be in part to the changes for the DS version, but still.

The controls and handling are very awkward (I know this is the case in the N64 original, too); when you try to change direction whilst moving, Mario will basically try and run a small circle around himself in order to do so, which will half the time end up killing you if you're running on a narrow space. I do feel like I'm having to wrestle with the controls somewhat.

I do think that the stage quality dips somewhat once you get to the basement, too.

Other than that, I've also started a new file on NSMB2. happy.png

Edited by -Mark-

I'm currently playing -

Xbox 360: X Blades

PS3: Midnight Club: Los Angeles. Keep meaning to get started on Valkyria Chronicles, it will get played one of these days.

Wii: House of the Dead: Overkill

DS: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games(leaderboards are addictive)

PSP: Crash: Mind Over Mutant and just picked up Wipeout Pulse, still got to open it and give it a try laugh.gif

PS2: Sonic Unleashed

You should get started on Valkyria Chronicles. Its really good, but it can be difficult in some parts. But the story is worth it, and the characters are all likeable. Sonic Unleashed for the PS2 is good I just felt it lacked a lot of content, the HD versions are sooo much better and its the complete version of the game, so it would be a good idea to pick that up at some point. I have not played the new Mario and Sonic game, but I have heard its good. I would like to know what its like.

Tales of Graces F and a new game on Sonic Generations.

Tales of Graces F has really surprised me. Knowing this is a Tales game it won't last long till it becomes super rare so I preordered it and got it a day early. I really enjoy the Tales series and I heard this one is good but not as good as others. Playing it for about 6 or 7 hours i'm loving this game. The story so far is really good and i'm loving the battle system. I look forward to playing more.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

I'm playing a couple of games now:

Ratchet & Clank (PS3)

Already done with the game, now I'm trying to get the Platinum trophie.

Already have almost all the requirements to achieve the Platinum, the only things left are getting all the weapons and then upgrade to gold weapons (improved and enhanced versions of the regular ones) and getting 1 million bolts which is pretty hard in this game unlike the sequels.

Other than that it's a fun game, but a bit frustrating at some parts.

Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)

Do what you want, I know that this game is very disliked here.

To tell the true, I don't know exactly what I'm doing in the game right now since I started playing it some days ago after some time.

I'm fighting some dude called Cid Raines and to be honest I'm having a bad time trying to beat this guy. It's all shits and giggles until he uses Metamorphose and starts to fuck my team with which seems to be one hit ko moves.

Other than that, the game seems ok to me.

Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! (PSP)

Funny name, right? So is the game.

I'm currently doing the Asagi Wars campaign, which stars other character other than the one from the main campaign.

To tell the true, I prefer her to the main character in terms of gameplay, in the main campaign you use Action Prinny, this character takes 3 hits to die and his only attack is using some swords or knifes while Asagi has a diversificated arsenal of weapons including a flamethrower and a cat, also she has an health bar unlike Action Prinny.

By the way, the characters are penguins.

Edited by Tmsp

Tales of Graces F and a new game on Sonic Generations.

Tales of Graces F has really surprised me. Knowing this is a Tales game it won't last long till it becomes super rare so I preordered it and got it a day early. I really enjoy the Tales series and I heard this one is good but not as good as others. Playing it for about 6 or 7 hours i'm loving this game. The story so far is really good and i'm loving the battle system. I look forward to playing more.

Right now I'm playing

Dragons Dogma

I've been keeping tabs on this game. It looked like an RPG that was right up my ally thanks to the frantic battle system and cool climb&attack mechanics. I really like how the game makes it a point for you to constantly shuffle the deck and switch classes. For one stretch, I'm mowing through goblins with my sword, the next picking Harpies out of the sky with a bow and arrow, and then when the big boys come out of hiding, I'm climbing around to their weak spots. Its great fun.

Sleeping Dogs

Its pretty much what you'd expect it to be. A solid open world do-whatever-you-want with a Hong Kong twist. The story is okay, but the game is put together well enough. There is plenty to keep you occupied, and you get that Triad big shot feeling pretty early on in the game. Watching Wei jump unarmed into a fight with nine rival gang members and coming out the other side unharmed makes you feel like quite the badass.

After I finished these two, I'm gonna hop on the handheld train. I've already brought Kid Icarus Uprising and Phantasy Star Portable 2 (one for me, the other for my bro). I'll also have to find the time to tackle Kingdom Hearts DDD and Pokemon Conquest too. I've got plenty on my plate. ^^

Edited by Sega DogTagz
  • Thumbs Up 1

Xenoblade. Oh GOD, only forty-something hours and I'm still on what, like the first half of the game? Hundreds of sidequests, so many unique encounters, anti-grinding via non-combat exp (like for example, exploring new locations that make Crystal Tools look like Dada art).

• Thumbs Up 1

Was playing Twisted Metal (The new that came out this year), have to say I am a bit gutted with this one especially seeing as I spent full price on it £40.

I might play again some day but I doubt it. Shame because I honestly wanted to like it and enjoy it I even heard that multiplayer isn't great either and that its buggy.

I just found the single player way too hard (No easy mode) I mean I like a challenge but but only two levels and was pissed off with it made about halfway through the game and I have spent about three hours on same boss I was pissed off at it that I got pains in my chest.

Maybe some you enjoyed it that is cool, but I have been honest this is the worst game I have played this year and bought this year.

If I bought half the price I wouldn't be too down about it and has gotten half scores on all the major game review sites.

I think I am going to play Assassin's Creed now. smile.png

Edited by BW199148

I'm playing Guilty Gear because its a fun game obviously. But the reason why I'm really posting about it is that I did finally manage to destroy on someone. Man Sol has a pretty cool destroy move.

Edited by Rachel Alucard
  • Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing Half-Life: Source in preparation for the upcoming Black Mesa mod to compare the differences between the two. Hopefully it won't get delayed like it was back in 2009 when I was new to the Valve scene.

• 1 month later...

Let's revive this:

Sonic Adventure 2 HD (PS3)

First time playing the game, it isn't how I expected it to be, but oh well...

Already beat the 3 story modes and now I'm getting some trophies. I'm working on the Dark and Hero Chao trophie along the Boss mode one, but there is always something that makes me stop while doing it.

NiGHTS HD (PS3)

Also the first time playing this one. I don't know what to say about it, the game is pretty confusing and I'm still getting used to it.

Already beat every stage with the exception of Twin Seeds, but I get a D or C rank most of the times.

I'll give it some time.

Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (PSX)

Decided to restart it after some years and it probably was a clever thing to do, for the first time in a while I'm having fun with a game and want to finish it instead of feeling forced to do it.

Nostalgia at its finest. I'm currently in the 4th room.

Edited by Tmsp

So after a rather confusing time where I could not figure out whether or not I had access 2 Dota 2, I got access to dota 2. I think I've been doin pretty good.

I couldn't play as an Animal King, so I settled for the sentient cloud. I think Wisp is my favorite hero by virtue of not making puns... And being able to gank from anywhere.

Edited by Phos

Well looks like it's time to show what I've been playing recently in regards to current games being played. I purchased Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim recently and all I have to say is that I am amazed by the amount of care put into making this game one of the best games I have played in the current generation for the PC. I also purchased Batman: Arkham City as well as some of the assorted DLC before the GOTY Edition came out making me feel slightly silly in the process but still enjoying it nonetheless. I still haven't beaten L.A. Noire yet as I am trying to find all the cars and finish the street crimes in addition to the Arson cases.

I'm splitting my time between two games at the moment:

Red Dead Redemption on PS3 is what I play when I have a fair few hours spare at weekends. GTA: Cowboy Edition really is a perfect description, and I'm enjoying it. The map is a bit sparse at times (especially in Mexico), but damn its fun.

The Longest Journey is my laptop game of choice right now, and its certainly fascinating. Not just one, but TWO rich detailed worlds, full of lore. A couple of the puzzles have driven me mad so far, and certain conversations have dragged, but it has a huge amount of charm and I keep wanting more. Already picked up its sequel in the Steam Summer Sale, so looking forward to that too.