Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

I got a whole bunch of games before, on and around Christmas time, so much that I don't know which to give my total attention.  I'm mostly playing RAYMAN ORIGINS (360), KIRBY'S EPIC YARN (Wii) and A BOY AND HIS BLOB (Wii Remake).  All of them have an awesome art style and quite similar gameplay and I'm enjoying them all quite a bit.

Also have a bunch of fighters to go through, being ULTIMATE MARVEL Vs. CAPCOM 3, STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN, NARUTO ULTIMATE STORM 2, and DEAD OR ALIVE 5 (all 360).  Also have SONIC ALL STAR RACING TRANSFORMED to play, but I haven't even finished the first one yet, so I'm holding off on that one.

I personally don't know what game I'm playing 'right' now, considering I have a problem with switching between them or forgetting about them, but as of now, I'm in Post-Game Ni no Kuni. Beat the main scenario in about 4 to 5 days and it was a fantastic JRPG to go through. The environments and characters were so filled with life and the music, gosh. If anybody loves JRPGs, I'd suggest picking that up. It's a keeper to me.

Animal Crossing: Wild World. Why? Because I'm getting myself all hyped up for New Leaf, and trying to pass the time for June to arrive sooner :P 

• 2 weeks later...

Just finishing up AC3 for now. I was disappointed with the way it ended and overall it was a big letdown. *sigh* Right now, I'm just getting some more of the achievements. I guess I'll give multiplayer a go too, but I never liked AC's multiplayer unlike most people.

I've been replaying Twilight Princess, mostly to see if I still hate it.

I still hate it.

It has its moments, though. Time before last I stopped right after restoring the lake area, so the last time I started up that was the first thing I saw. And, for the first time in a while, I didn't hate the graphics; it's not as colorful as I'd like, but it was kind of peaceful. There are some nice cutscenes and sequences around this point, and I'm finally getting some decent sword moves, so for a while I was almost enjoying myself.

But I'm supposed to go into the lake dungeon next...

• Thumbs Up 1

Well my friend let me borrow a pile of games...

Right now it's Demon's Souls, I always wanted to play that. It's hard like people say, but it's not really the gameplay. There's no freakin' checkpoints between areas - you play hour long levels until the boss. And there's no checkpoints between levels - you can lose exp when you die if you don't spend it - it's not that it's difficult, it's unforgiving.

I feel like I'm missing some of the multiplayer aspect here, because pvp looks like fun but I don't think this game's got many new players. The multiplayer is overrun with dual katana wielding, best possible armor wearing dudes, and I can't find a noob level guy to pvp with. The multiplayer is part of the single player experience too so it kinda sucks.

Also one thing I noticed was how the combat borrows from the Z-targeting system from Ocarina, and it makes me realize how influential that game really was. From the lock on to the bow shooting to the rolling and attacking, it's so similar, and it still makes for a great game. Anyways trying to upgrade weapons now, I'm farming stones for my shield.

I'm trying to specialize in magic and stealth, and my primary stat is dexterity. I guess I'm a thief-mage.

Edited by American Ristar

I've been clocking some time in Skyrim just exploring and doing some of the many sidequests in the game as well as finding some interesting mods to see how much life I can get out of the game before I completely exhaust the replay value out of it.  I've also been playing Ace Combat Assault Horizon Enhanced Edition as I never had a chance to play the Ace Combat series as I didn't own any of the systems from the previous generations or current generation.

Been alternating between Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 and I just started Zone of The Enders HD collection today (and beat through the first one).

Neptunia 2 is my first exposure to that series but I had a hankerin' for a JRPG a while back and got it but never played it. It is not a really good game looking at it critically - but for some dumb reason I am enjoying it? Like I like the music, I like the art style for the character portraits. The menu screens all look pleasant. But the story is kind of stupid, and there is a lot of repetition of enemies and even entire areas. Still I can't seem to stop playing it haha. I wanna finish it and hopefully be able to afford the next one.

But this makes my whole rant against ZoE1 pretty strange because I like the combat idea in ZoE1, I love the agile giant robots in games. I also think Jehuty looks phenomenal design wise. But there is nothing remotely charming about the game, from the whiny, meaningless protagonist - to the fact that the story here is somehow nonexistent until the last half hour of the game. There literally is like 2 different backdrops the entire game until that last bit, the voice acting sucks, the script is terrible too. Despite that fact the game kind of picks up all the same in the last 1/2 hour only to go to credits - which I was assuming they were extremely late/oddly placed opening credits because it was done over a cutscene. I was wrong the game just abruptly ends. Really meaningless/stupid game. I could level a lot of similar complaints at Neptunia, but at least it has this charm about it I am somehow falling victim to. ZoE1 though has none of that charm for me. Two totally different games I know, but they suffer from the same recycling problems and cruddy story just I think one does it less offensive I guess.

But I beat through it just to see what it was about anyway. I am stoked though to try ZoE 2 because I heard it is far superior and totally badass plus I don't have to play as the whiny kid - so that's always awesome too!! So that will be the next one to start on.

Maybe then I'll finally start tackling Disgaea 4 again, though that is going to be a huuuuge time sink.

I'm playing Bubsy: Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind (Genesis version, if anyone wants to know) as a challenge within a group of friends.

And I hate it. Oh my god I hate it. Such an incredibly unforgiving game. It's like I Wanna Be The Guy except they aren't honest with you about how purposefully they designed it to be so heavily memorization-based.

Edited by Strong Bad

I've mostly been playing the Wii U version of Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing, trying to obtain all of the Stars in World Tour Mode.

It's become quite frustrating trying to complete the Ring Race and Traffic Attacks on the Hard and Expert difficulties. These are the only challenges I have remaining before I obtain all 232 Stars.

Been playing through Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance on various difficulty settings, the game is pretty damn fun with a ton of replay value, it's just too short in my opinion, I'm desperately waiting for another lengthy game to hold my attention for a few weeks, but I'm one of these people who can't go back to a long game and play it again without getting bored with seeing the same old stuff I played through a few month ago, So I really can't go back to playing Skyward Sword and enjoying it like my first experience, the same applies for Mario Galaxy/2 I love them both dearly, but after clocking them 100% I really don't get the same out of them as I did when I first religiously played it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Battlefield 3, because the multiplayer is flipping addictive and amazing, even on console.

I'm currently waiting for Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 to come out, which is next week Friday! That would be the game I would play for a while.

So I really can't go back to playing Skyward Sword and enjoying it like my first experience, the same applies for Mario Galaxy/2 I love them both dearly, but after clocking them 100% I really don't get the same out of them as I did when I first religiously played it.

Same here, same here.

Edited by KrazyBean

Been playing through Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance on various difficulty settings, the game is pretty damn fun with a ton of replay value, it's just too short in my opinion, I'm desperately waiting for another lengthy game to hold my attention for a few weeks, but I'm one of these people who can't go back to a long game and play it again without getting bored with seeing the same old stuff I played through a few month ago, So I really can't go back to playing Skyward Sword and enjoying it like my first experience, the same applies for Mario Galaxy/2 I love them both dearly, but after clocking them 100% I really don't get the same out of them as I did when I first religiously played it.

Yeah, I get that sentiment with most newer games too and it's why I really don't buy them anymore. Either my standards have risen significantly lately, or the industry as a whole doesn't consider replay value in their design criteria like they used to. Here and there you'll find a gem, but otherwise the only games that I find able to properly occupy my time for longer than a simple play-through these days are multiplayer focused, and often competitive in nature. 

I've been plaything through Persona 4 Golden almost non-stop the last few weeks and I am about to fight the true final boss.

I honestly thought I wouldn't really like it as much as most people do because I generally don't enjoy RPGs (ESPECIALLY those of the take-turn variety), but HOT DAMN this video game. It's so good that I'm actually sad I'm almost done with it.

Still not my favorite RPG though. I don't anything will ever beat out Paper Mario:TTYD unless it's another Paper Mario game.

Started ZoE: The 2nd Runner today, I am just going to forget #1 even ever happened. It is so superior in so many different ways - it actually feels like a solid game. It's also a lot of fun!! I like the characters a lot more (there is a girl named Ken and a guy named Dingo, that is wicked!!). I love the anime cutscenes and drawings they use much more than the crappy CG of the first one. Music is better, game has more variety, and man did they ever upgrade the grab. A few frustrating parts so far but I feel like I'm being challenged as eventually I figure it out/memorize a boss pattern and get good at the game.

Really enjoying this one. I'd never recommend the first game to anyone though - ever. But I'd always recommend #2, of course if people wanted to get the gist of what happened in the first one as it does get referenced in The 2nd Runner I'd probably just tell them to look it up it'd take them maybe two seconds to read a synopsis of that and just jump into the superior game instead.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, ZoE 2 is a classic! Glad to see that you're enjoying it :)

Edited by KrazyBean

Lets see, when I'm not drawing or trying to clean my room, I'm playing either:

• 360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  • PS3: Devil May Cry 4
  • 3DS: Rabbids Rumble
  • WiiU: Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  • Wii: Sonic and the Black Knight
  • DS: Jigsaw World: Daigekitou! Jig-Battle Heroes

• 1 month later...

Just got finished with Luigi's Mansion 2, nearing completion on Kid Icarus Uprising, started Bioshock Infinite and also bought Arcana Heart 3 and Deathsmiles as a 2 for £20 deal in Game for my Animu fix, before all that though I 100% Tomb Raider 2013 on Hard Mode, really enjoyed that game and I hope it spring loads a plethora of sequels following on from it.

I tried out a few Demo's on the 3DS store, Sonic Transformed is absolute garbage on 3DS, Monster Hunter Ultimate is still infuriating to me like Tri was on Wii, but Really liked what I played of Castlevania's new LoS instalment Mirror's of Fate so I will be picking that up at some point for sure, also Really enjoyed Rhythm Thief's demo! I love beat games so I will definitely be picking that up at some point too.

Going to download Code of Princess since I've been waiting for it to get localized here, but it's not coming, just a digital download only and some other anime styled game from Level 5 with a female president of new Tokyo in a mech, you know typical Japanese story premise.

• Thumbs Up 1

Having got a free PSN+ Trial, I've been focusing mainly on F1 Race Stars. Its not the most amazing game I've ever played, but its a decent racer in its own right, with just a couple of odd design choices.

First, you know how some racers will let you see who the top 4 are at all times? This doesn't have that. It needs to, when you consider it keeps to the F1 scoring system. Also, some of the weapons are just plain uninspired; they're largely different coloured bubbles. Having the Safety Car slow down the leaders though was inspired.

For free, I can't complain.

I've also started playing through Sam & Max: The Devil's Toybox. Having replayed Episode 1 a year ago, I finally got around to replaying Episodes 2 and 3 this past couple of weeks. The psychi powers do make it much improved on Season 2, which did scare me off Season 3 originally.

Mark of the Ninja (XBLA)...such an epic stealth game! It was on sale too so it was a definite buy for me. I would definitely recommend this game.

I'm also playing Luigi's Mansion 2/Dark Moon (sick game) and I just randomly decided to get Gens 3DS when I bought a 3DS XL, and yeah, it's not as bad as I thought it would be...it's no Rush or Rush Adventure but it's decent for a game which only had 8 months of development time to make I guess.

I tried out a few Demo's on the 3DS store, Sonic Transformed is absolute garbage on 3DS

Ugh, tell me about it...Mario Kart 7 is definitely staying as my 3DS kart racer.

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 1

Recently finished Bioshock Infinite, an incredible game like its predecessor Bioshock. Dat ending man...

c4pmB.gif

Other than that, mostly Nintendoland which is fun for a few hours. And Pokemon Soul Silver on the 3DS. Those Kimono girls are tough as hell!

Edited by Gabz Girl

Pokémon White 2, Primal Carnage... Pretty much it. I've had White 2 for a long time, just slacked off on finishing the story. Haven't had time to do much of anything with finals week coming up :s