Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Wii U)

4th playthrough of this game and it's still brilliant. Solid gameplay that provides a great challenge and a joy to play. Best game of 2012 for me.

The Metal Gear Solid Series

Just finished the 2nd game today. I'm loving this series! The gameplay is a blast and the stories are fantastic! Complex but still entertaining enough to keep interest.

The Walking Dead

Just completed episode 3. Oh my god this game is outstanding! Story, characters and atmosphere are so gripping and the choices you have to make get harder to pick. TellTale have themselves a winner here!

Paper Mario Sticker Star

Despite this one being a big departure from previous games in the series and the removal of some great features, i'm still really enjoying this one. The gameplay is fun, the sticker battle system is fun if a bit flawed and the soundtrack is fantastic.

ZombiU

Loving how this feels like a proper survival horror. The gamepad is used really well here and i'm loving the challange. Very tense.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

I'm on a Mario bender lately. I just finished Yoshi's Island 98% complete (because 5-S is such a pain in the ass with the skiis).

I'm switching between replaying Super Mario Galaxy and playing New Super Mario Bros 2 for the first time. This is the first time I'm playing Galaxy with headphones on, and holy poop I'd forgotten how gorgeous the soundtrack is. NSMB2 is pretty fun with the way it encourages gathering as many coins and lives as possible.

DOOM. 

Trying to finish the game cause I only had the shareware version that only let me play Episode 1. Then I'll move on the Doom 2, and play the whole series. So AWESOME

I'm currently playing 999 for the DS. Its a great game, but the puzzles are really tough. Also playing the new Hitman game. It feels more cinematic than the other games in the series, but still plays in the same tradition as the previous games. 

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)

Oh boy, I decided to start playing the Uncharted games way too late in their life cycle. I just finished the first one some days ago and decided to start the 2nd entry in the series.

I can't really say much since I'm not very far in the game, but from what I've played so far it looks amazing. The infiltrate the museum mission can go fuck itself though.

If this is as good as the first one was I'm going to love it and since people say it is the best in the series I can't wait to play more of it.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita)

Recently got this one, yesterday to be more precise. It looks good so far, especially considering this is a handheld game.

I just don't like how they forced the touch functions even if it is just for some minimal things like cutting bamboo poles.

I'm expecting it to be a great game to have on the go.

Gravity Rush (Vita)

Got this one with my Vita and Sonic Transformed for Christmas. I really like the steampunk/sepia-toned visual style and how you can explore the city with the gravity powers.

There are lots of optional missions (where I suck most of the times) which is a good thing and the music is wonderful.

Another thing that I really like its the mix of Japanese and French language that the characters speak.

Persona 3 Portable (PSP/Vita)

Once again I'm playing Persona 3. Just like Pokémon Red/Blue I can't get enough of replaying it.

One of the reasons for me to replay this again is thanks to Atlus always bringing the Persona games to Europe many months after the JP/US releases. I seriously can't wait to play P4G.

Edited by Tmsp

I'm playing New Super Mario Bros U. I've beat the game last night and now I'm going back to collect everything I've missed and play Sparking Waters, an entire part of the world map I skipped entirely.

3D Pinball - Space Cadet.

I am seriously addicted to this game right now.

I am currently playing Fallout 3. Post apocalyptic US. I am not the biggest fan of games like Oblivion and Skyrim, but there is just something amazing about this game which keeps me coming back to it over and over again.

Be it the Raiders, Super Mutants, Enclave, Brotherhood of Steel, Vault 101, fighting ghouls or levelling up, I just can't get enough. This game also has Liam Neeson as the players father, which is cool. There is over 100 hours of replay value easily.

I like how the game starts with your character being born, and you see the character grow (choosing your special skills) and then suddenly your forced to leave the fault. I love it when you step out of the vault and get a view of the wasteland for the first time. It looks amazing:

Edited by Robin John Blake
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am currently playing Fallout 3. Post apocalyptic US. I am not the biggest fan of games like Oblivion and Skyrim, but there is just something amazing about this game which keeps me coming back to it over and over again.

Be it the Raiders, Super Mutants, Enclave, Brotherhood of Steel, Vault 101, fighting ghouls or levelling up, I just can't get enough. This game also has Liam Neeson as the players father, which is cool. There is over 100 hours of replay value easily.

I like how the game starts with your character being born, and you see the character grow (choosing your special skills) and then suddenly your forced to leave the fault. I love it when you step out of the vault and get a view of the wasteland for the first time. It looks amazing:

Good choice there ;) Be sure to give New Vegas a try! If your also feeling brave, give Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics a try!

For me, what with getting a new xbox on Christmas to replace my old broken one, I am now catching up on Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 while also playing through Lego Lord of the Rings, some RAGE what with the Scorchers DLC adding "Ultra Nightmare" mode to the main campaign. Still need to continue and finish Darksiders 2, get the Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim and much more!

Rayman, on the PS1. 

Been one of my favourite platformers since I was a Kid and despite completing it 100 times over, I still go back and play it on a regular basis. I just love how vibrant the colours are, how challenging certain areas can get and most of all, the nostalgia takes me back to happier, more carefree days in my life smile.png

Rayman Origins (PS3)

I have been enjoying this one. It's quite challenging even though some of the levels feel cheap. I'm trying to pick up a PS1 controller to try the original.

After blazing through LittleBigPlanet2, I have now moved onto Vanquish. I'm playing it on Normal Mode, and getting my arse handed to me at regular intervals. I'll do a few missions without dying, then hit a roadblock that will kill me three or four times.

I'm enjoying it though - I don't really play 3rd-person shooters, so its a change of pace for me, and you can't really go wrong with Platinum.

Okay I completed Fallout 3 again. With Fawkes (below) as my right hand man (follower) I was unstoppable.  I always like how the game ends when you sacrifice yourself to save your campanions and to guarantee purified (clean) water for everyone in the Capital Wasteland.

Fallout_3_Fawkes_Wallpaper_gwkd4.jpg

I am now going to play SA1 again. I have only ever completed all the stories in that game once, so I want to do it again. Having played SA2's treasure hunting and mech shooting staged to death, I want to see how I feel about Knuckles treasure hunting stages in SA1 and Gamma's shooting stages.

Edited by Robin John Blake

Right now I am currently playing through the following:

1. DMC4, I think im like on mission 6 so far and enjoying it quite nicely though it is easier than DMC3 so far which is okay

2.Kid icarus uprising, so far on chapter 14 and going through it at a steady rate.

3. might start going through more of sonic and the black knight, just need to get all the styles maxed and get the max amount of followers and get 5 stars for everything (im gonna die).

4. Sonic generations/unleashed, play these two (and a bit of colors) in between these two to get some extra excitement, plus im still doing the hot dog missions on unleashed and am currently planning on doing another playthrough for my youtube account.

5. Also, working on all my gamecube games since my memory card got corrupted and one of the files on it was my melee file and another game called virtua quest that I have done twice already but am willing to complete it a third.

All in all ive got alot of stuff to work on here.

Been playing some new Christmas games I got!

Mario Galaxy 2 - I loved the first one to bits and this one is just as amazing! The progress is going slowly since I like to explore a lot in these kinds of games, but I've gotten all of the comet medals and stars that can be obtained at this point up to world 4. There is a very big difference in difficulty between this game and the previous as well as plays host to plenty of creative places and usages of gimmicks! Love the different fruits that grant Yoshi different powers and heck, I'm just happy to see Yoshi again!

Super Monkey Ball 2 - Played through the beginner challenge mode first before diving into the story. It took some getting used to to control the floor instead of the actual monkey, but I got the hang of it eventually. I even beat the beginner levels and its extras in a handful of goes. :P I have a feeling that I'll be in for some challenge as I go on, knowing these games' reputation... Also, I must say, this game is so cute, I think I might explode. Their little monkey dance and song and that funny ei-ei-poo chant just made me laugh. Ahhh! I felt sad when they got eaten by a whale. ;-;

Kirby's Epic Yarn - Very easy and simple game. It's a nice change of pace from my usual love of challenging platforming games. Love all the creativity piled into not just the game but also in the hubworlds as well! The ways in which the doors to the next stage open is just smile inducing, from planting a flower and watching it grow to a yawning bear creating a mini hill. 2 player is also hilariously great haha.

I've been playing Yahtzee's game Poacher, because I heard it was another Metroidvania that's pretty good and Metroidvanias give me nerd boners so yeah.

I'm not that far in so far, but it's bollocks hard, I've probably played for less than an hour and died many times already because of the shotgun being delayed to reload and shoot, the fact that you start with bugger all health so you die in 3 hits (now I die in 5 instead!), and enemies get pretty aggressive. I wish there was more music aside from boss fights, but it's great fun all the same after the initial frustration. Most of the difficulty comes from the fact you die in so few hits rather than bad platforming or getting lost, even without having a map so far.

The story is hilarious too, you play as a Yorkshireman poacher who is trying to rescue his friend, only he bonds (literally) with this spirit person, but then you have to meet this other race called the Bleminegs later on. The spirit buddy worries that they may not be able to understand the Blemineg's language, only for them to meet and they speak with Northern accents (written) too!

Doing a "naked-Ammy' challenge in Okami HD because just earning the platinum in this game is a bit too easy. No Praise upgrades aside from the first mandatory one, no Holy artifacts, no items, no Gold dust, and only using the first weapons of each type. Sun fragments are allowed only because I don't remember which chests they're in and I don't want to use a guide at all.

• 1 month later...

I am currently 10 minutes into the first Ratchet and Clank game, courtesy of the HD collection. It's just as I remember it all those years ago. Asshole!Ratchet is in full force, the combat is kind of clunky, the music too loud unless you turn it down, the action runs at a silky smooth 60FPS...

The port is kind of lazy though. I wish they would have at least cleaned up the text, and for whatever reason the cutscenes are grainy FMV. Not as nicely done as the Metal Gear collection so far. Can't wait until I get to Going Commando, though.

Edited by Tornado

I've been playing a lot of Skyrim lately for some reason. It's been about the only game I've touched for the most part in the past 3 weeks lawl. Been getting crazy once again with stats and leveling a perfect build, which I don't understand since once I finally get it to the insane maxes I want, it's boring and I don't want to play anymore (like any RPG related thing for me). But I guess it's the building that's the fun (like Legos). I got it on PS3, so since the DLC came out the other day, it's been a breath of fresh air, since I've never seen any of it before.

I did play a tad of Dead Space 1 for the first time with a friend up until chapter 4, but since we're playing it together and he's got a busy life, haven't been able to jump back into it yet.

Been clocking in some time on RaceRoom Racing Experience to help pass the time before the Formula 1 season starts in March and I've been thinking about purchasing some add-on content.  I've also been playing through Black Mesa again but I still haven't completely beaten it yet due to me not wanting it to end before Xen is released in the future.

6 hours later:

I am currently 10 minutes into the first Ratchet and Clank game, courtesy of the HD collection. It's just as I remember it all those years ago. Asshole!Ratchet is in full force, the combat is kind of clunky, the music too loud unless you turn it down, the action runs at a silky smooth 60FPS...

The port is kind of lazy though. I wish they would have at least cleaned up the text, and for whatever reason the cutscenes are grainy FMV. Not as nicely done as the Metal Gear collection so far. Can't wait until I get to Going Commando, though.

I would have traded every trophy this game has for a simple strafe button. Like.... seriously.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours later:

I would have traded every trophy this game has for a simple strafe button. Like.... seriously.

But you can strafe with the Thruster Pack~! Yeah, the combat in the first Ratchet game feels horribly clunky and suffers from an extreme lack of polish.

I warn you about Up Your Arsenal tho'. You could end up like me.

Edited by Chooch

And then I finished the first game and moved on to Going Commando. I can strafe! And Ratchet can can actually run! And he's not an asshole! AAWWWW YEAAH!

Edited by Tornado