Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

I'm on a Resident Evil binge right now since I thought it would be a good idea to buy Resident Evil 6 Archives. It came with Code Veronica, RE4, RE5 and its dlc, RE6 and the movie Degeneration. RE6 is mindless fun in coop, mercenaries and agent hunt, but it's not anything special. This should keep me busy at least until Sonic Racing Transformed comes out and distracts me. :b

Also playing SA2HD now and then to raise my chao, and some Kirby on the side from his 20th anniversary compilation game.

Space Channel 5 Part 2.

Been meaning to give this game a try for ages, and finally found a lull in my video game scheduele. I gotta say, it's a really fun game. The in-game hints probably shouldn't have told me I could switch all the controls to the same button to turn the whole game into a tapping minigame...because I did that.

I'll play it properly once I get through story mode once. My rhythm skills are so darn rusty. Am I really the same guy who achieved Rank #1 in Elite Beat Agents?

I "appropriated" the A/V Club's Xbox 360 (as an executive officer is wont to do) and have been playing Borderlands 2 and Forza 4 for the past week.

Maaan, I'm trying to juggle so many games with a full-time job now that it's not even funny. Granted, most of those are because I got a PSP recently and have a six-year-backlog of games to catch up on, but SEGA suddenly deciding to drown us in awesome Dreamcast/ Saturn port has certainly put more on my plate.

Of the games I'm currently juggling, I've actually 'finished' the bare minimum for quite a few of them, but for quite a few of them I do want to go back and try for 100% completion.

So yeah, I'm currently juggling;

-Sonic Adventure 2

-Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3

-Sonic Rivals

-Sonic Rivals 2

-Dragonball Z for Kinect

-Power Stone Collection

-Dragonball Raging Blast

-Crazy Taxi (iOS)

And I haven't even started;

-Naruto Ultimate Ninja Impact

-Persona 3

-Persona 2

Luckily there aren't actually many games I want coming out between now and the end of the year. D:

• Thumbs Up 1

I just bought Professor Layton and the Curious Village.

God, some of the puzzles piss me off,(I can't stand math if you guys didn't know) and yet the characters are so likable and the story's very intriguing. I just gotta keep playing!

So yeah, I'm enjoying it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished the Mutant Mudds content update. What did everyone think of that? Maybe it's just because I'm pretty well-practiced in the game by now, but it didn't seem that tough. Stressful at times, but it didn't take me too many times to beat any of the new levels. Still not sure why this game has time limits. They only exist to kill me a few feet from the exit only twice in the entire game. Maybe if they had a time attack mode or something. Perhaps in the sequel, which is also going to add bosses, which the game really should've had anyway.

Been playing Enslaved: Odyssey To The West. I'm likely to be getting Batman: Arkham City for my birthday on Friday, so I'll be playing that a lot.

Replaying Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscure (man, that's a long title) again. This time I'm doing an aristocrat lady by day and technophile thief by night. Seems I'll never run out of different ways to play that game.

Sonic the hedgehog next generation

I'm guessing you mean Sonic Generations? Next Generation is Star Trek; otherwise, I have no idea what one you're meaning if it isn't Generations.

But anyway, I'm currently playing All-Stars Racing to pump up my racing skills again so I can play the new one without too many problems or learning curve issues. It's fun.

I'm guessing you mean Sonic Generations? Next Generation is Star Trek; otherwise, I have no idea what one you're meaning if it isn't Generations.

Sonic Next Gen was an alternate name for Sonic the Hedgehog 06, that's likely what she is meaning.

Currently, I am enjoying Quake II - included on the Quake IV bonus disc.

I was expecting a game without music, as I had come to understand that the Sonic Mayhem soundtrack was not included in this version of the game, but damn, I was so wrong and I am so happy as a result. Yeah, the music doesn't stop when you leave/enter distinct sections of levels like it does on PC, which is a slight niggle, but all the tracks are there. I just wish that id had got permission from Activision to include both the Ground Zero and Reckoning mission packs on the bonus disc, too. I loved them, probably more than vanilla Q2, and would have severely enjoyed playing them on my 360. Hell, I'd have settled for the mission packs' unique weapons being copied and pasted into vanilla Q2... that'd be amazing.

Anyway, game progress - I plowed through the Mines and Processing Plant stages over the last couple of days, and am currently in the Strogg Power Plant level. It's a hefty beast, but I'm slaughtering the enemy so expect to be done here later today. Then it's the Big Gun. There's a nasty boss fight in there. After that, I think it's off to the Hangars outside the Strogg capital city Cerberon, with a quick detour via a hidden teleport station to a secret space station level.

Wonderful game. Totally deserved a better sequel than Q4, but I'll take what I can get in the hopes that id might one day revisit the Strogg storyline. Q2 definitely deserves a Black Mesa-style remake, as does its mission packs.

Just done a playthrough of Sonic Generations, minus Challenges. To me, it still holds up well, and reaffirmed my love of Crisis City Classic (as well as my hatred of Time Eater).

Nearly finished with Red Dead Redemption, just doing a little bit more trophy hunting. I'm not gonna bother with stuff 100% completion, but a there's a couple of things I feel like doing.

I've also gone back to Spirit Tracks. I picked it up before my summer holiday, and hadn't played it again since July, having completed the second temple. I've now completed the third, and am doing a couple of side-quests before moving onto the fourth.

Next console game I play will be Bayonetta. Wasn't particularly enamoured with it first time round, but I'm willing to give it a second chance.

I am playing LA Noire and Marvel VS Capcom 3. LA Noire is an awesome recreation of the 40's and the graphics are like anything I have seen in a long time, its like you are watching a full length movie with all the detail involved. Got back into playing Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast, I am trying to get all the emblems, even though there is nothing to unlock at the end of it. I would like to get back into Space Channel 5, but the difficulty spikes are a little annoying. And the occasional back track to good ol' Sonic.

Alright, lets go down the list.

Soniic Unleashed. The less I talk about this game the better.

Ico. I can't believe this game got me to actually grow attached to this stupid, STUPID girl. Seriously, she can barely walk forwards on her own and yet you get attached to her anyway.(Mostly because she can figure out puzzles on her own most of the time, but still.) She's like a hopelessly naive child or something.

Shadow of the Colossus. This.Game. Is. AWESOME. Why the fuck did I wait so long to play this?

Uncharted 2. It's good and all, but best game of 2009? Eh....

Currently slogging through Quake IV on my 360.

Oh boy.

Playing it again after several years away, right after my happy quest through Quake 2, just brings it home how utterly and completely I feel that Ravensoft let me and every other Q2 singleplayer fan down with this game, after so many years of yearning and hoping for a singleplayer sequel to one of my childhood's most influential games. Not everything about it is bad, however - some of the weapons are alright, one or two variants of the Strogg (the alien menace of the game) are pretty good re-imagined approximations of their Q2 counterparts, the drop pod section later on was an amazing moment and yeah, I enjoyed being in that Strogg Processing Facility where the game's twist (sadly pimped all over town by Raven and not kept secret) gets twisty... but that seems to be about it, really.

Now the bad stuff:

• The field of view feels really off and it's bloody irksome that it can't be changed, and the graphics engine itself make the Strogg look far too damn shiny and plasticky (hopefully a Q4 version of D3:BFG will come out soon).
  • Most of the enemies bear little if any real resemblance to their Q2 counterparts, which frustrates me, and then you've got enemies disappearing immediately after you kill them - meaning you can't get a good long look at the dead buggers like you can in Q2.
  • The designs of the mechs and hovertanks are completely uninspired, in fact it often seems like there's no real love being poured into the game by developers at all. Like they were just going through the motions, getting Q4 out of the way so they can toss the Q2 storyline in the trash for Q5's Q1 revival-thon.
  • The voice acting seems a bit amateurish and wooden.
  • There isn't even a nod to Sonic Mayhem - the band behind Q2's music!
  • The skyboxes are atrociously dull and never make me feel like I'm actually journeying across an alien world.
  • The game's opening cinematic is butt ugly, and should've been done outside the in-game engine so it'd look all pretty; the intro should've also included another drop pod sequence, showing you hurtling through the atmosphere, Strogg Flyers rising up and being met by drop ship squadrons above and below you, letting you and your whole division slip past, viewing the smoldering remains of the Big Gun and its surroundings, then targeting the LZ on your way in and, without being separated, hitting it with the rest of your squad (while hearing other squadrons of pods chattering on the radio about how they're being separated or on the ground how the Strogg are taking a human life for every inch of ground taken)... It would also have been nice for the developers to include some text at the very beginning with some basic facts about the war - how scientists believe the Strogg located Earth, casualty numbers, the length of the conflict on Earth and then in space/on Mars et al, how it was that the space fleet was built and how the scientists located Stroggos, things of that nature.

I want, pretty desperately, a Quake 2 sequel that actually does the original game(s) justice. I feel strongly that RavenSoft cheated me out of that experience by providing this lacklustre, hollow experience, and that iD let me down a bit too because they didn't maintain a strict enough level of creative or quality control. Word has it that iD is tired of the Q2 storyline, and that Q5 will mark a return to the Q1 universe. That'd be fine if I believed the world of Q2 would come roaring back in Q6 (meaning the games switch universe like IW and Treyarch's Call of Duty games), or that iD could outsource the game to a better developer which would give a team with greater passion for the series the chance to do it justice, but none of that seems at all likely.

I want the sequel Q2 should have had. Not this shite.

Been pretty tight on cash, so I didn't really play anything until I got Okami HD. Beat it and now on the second play through, but I'm starting to get the same feeling that I had last time where I don't really want to play it anymore. However I promised myself I'd platinum the game, so I'll probably try again here shortly.

Other than that, Borderlands 2 whenever my friend is around to play with me since it's his game. We beat the game once as our first choice characters (him the Assassin, me the Gunserker), but over the journey decided we didn't like them as much as we thought we would, so now we're speed running it with our new characters of choice (him the Siren, me the Mechronancer). Enjoying her style much more haha.

Then of course, the occasional Battlefield 3 if I'm in a mood of just picking up a game to play mindlessly.

I'm kind of at that point too. It's why I sold my Wii copy in the first place.

It'll probably take me 2-4 years to want to play it again.

Other than that, I'm emulating playing Okamiden! Fuck playing DS games with a mouse!

Edited by Underaged Hot Anime Girl

Lately I've been playing...

SO1GP.jpg

Metroid Prime Trilogy, specifically Metroid Prime 1. I am absolutely blown away by the game so far, this is the first time a first person perspective game has had me so engrossed. I feel like a fool for not playing this often on the Gamecube. That said, I'm fortunate to have come across the North American version of this Wii compilation, given its rarity.

Pokemon White 2. Usual Pokemon fare. You either adore the formula or are sick of it. I happen to love it quite a bit and have been enjoying myself thoroughly. Just beat the Champion for the first time and am doing some post-story stuff.

Earthworm Jim. Managed to score this for SNES for a rather cheap price. It's definitely a fun platformer, albeit a bit harder than I recall.

Earthbound. Like with Metroid Prime, I feel like a fool for not playing this before. This is one of the most unique games I've played in recent memory. I'm just to the point where Jeff joins your party, so I believe I've got quite a bit of game left.

Liberation Maiden. A 3DS e-shop title I purchased on a whim since it was cheap. I was surprised to find out that Suda51, of No More Heroes and Killer7 fame, worked on this. I'm enjoying this quite a bit, it's definitely really polished for a cheap little title.

If you liked Kid Icarus Uprising, you'd probably like this quite a bit. It controls and plays quite similarly. Totally worth the download.

Super Mario Land 2. Once again, purchased this on a whim on the 3DS shop. Despite being a huge Mario fan, I haven't really played the SML titles much. This game is a real treat. It looks and feels a bit different than the usual Mario 2D platformer, but this isn't a bad thing. I'm having a ball with it. Also definitely worth the download if you've got a 3DS.

and Super Smash Bros. Brawl with my friends. Mostly learnin' some advanced techniques with my main, Lucario.

Edited by gunthetra
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

I'm off in a minute to play Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex. I've finished most of my PS1 games, so now I'm moving on to my PS2 ones~