Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing Darksiders II and dear god, this game's story is absolutely obnoxious.

THE STORY SO FAR:

You must revive humanity, in order to do that you must go to the Tree of Life, in order to do that you must destroy the Corruption blocking the way, in order to do that you must awaken the Guardian, in order to do that you must find 3 stones in The Foundry, in order to get to The Foundry you must repair the bridge separating the main hub and the Foundry, in order to do that you must awaken the Warden in the Lost Temple, in order to do that you need a Maker's Key, in order to do that you must repair the forge so we can make a damn key, in order to do that you must visit two temples and fix their shit...

And that's only the first part of the game, not counting sidequests (fucking fetch quests and collectathons). It hasn't gotten any better and according to an achievement I recently got, I already got all the skills and upgrades available in the game. OH BOY.

This game is damned lucky that it has good combat, exploration, and shit.

If you're in the foundry you're still in the first area, nowhere near the end.

I like the plot in DS kinda, if mostly for Death's mostly sarcastic remarks to being tasked as chief errand boy. Who knew the grim reaper had a sense of humor?

Pokemon Black

Looking forward to Serperior's dream world ability, Contrary, which essentially reverses any stat-drop, turning it into a gain. With it, Serperior can spam STAB Leaf Storm @ 140 base power, and have it's special attack double with each use.

Then it might actually be justified in it's smug superiority.

@Remz + Pinkamina: Would you recommend Darksiders II? Still undecided on whether to purchase it or not.

Edited by Perfect Calamity

Pokemon Black

Looking forward to Serperior's dream world ability, Contrary, which essentially reverses any stat-drop, turning it into a gain. With it, Serpeior can spam STAB Leaf Storm @ 140 base power, and have it's special attack double with each use.

Then it might actually be justified in it's smug superiority.

@Above posters: Would you recommend Darksiders II? Still undecided on whether to purchase it or not.

I'm mid way through the second world and so far I love it. It's kind of pandering to my tastes as a gamer though, the fighting, loot, aesthetic, and dungeons are all very appealing to me in general. :>

If you're in the foundry you're still in the first area, nowhere near the end.

I like the plot in DS kinda, if for Death's mostly sarcastic remarks to being tasked and chief errand boy. Who knew the grim reaper had a sense of humor?

I'm in the Kingdom of the Dead right now. Just entered the Gilded Arena. Need to go fight the Champion, BUT WAIT, YOU NEED TO SUMMON HIM FIRST. Go find 3 stones now! Ugh.

I like Death and his sarcastic remarks too, but this is ridiculous.

@Above posters: Would you recommend Darksiders II? Still undecided on whether to purchase it or not.

I'd personally wait for a price drop or something. It's definitely has really good gameplay, some interesting puzzles in the dungeons, and the loot system works really well, but... it's like it doesn't know how to connect all the good stuff it has and put it together in an interesting way. Right now, I feel like an errand boy playing this game, and that's kind of depressing when you're fucking Death.

Edited by Pinkamina

FIND 3 OF THIS- THE GAME. basically.

but i really enjoy finding 3 of whatever the game asks for so i dont mind too much :>

Death, of all beings, is reduced to an errand boy?

Bleh. After watching videos, the gameplay looks to be quite fun, and of course, the mythos intrigues me, even if I didn't play through the original Darksiders.

Hopefully, soon, I'll be playing Fall of Cybertron.

Edited by Perfect Calamity
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have to wait till Thursday for my Darksiders 2: Collectors edition and Shinobi 3DS but right now, mopping up achievements on Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions after putting it to the side for The Amazing Spiderman, I'm also playing through Mutant Mudds on the 3DS as well as a few other games I bought on the E-shop. Also every now and then I've been playing Hybrid on Xbox :D The team I was in won the first season, so when I logged on last night, I got two achievements and a new helmet ;D yasss

Darksiders 2 has me captivated at the moment, i can't get enough of it, it's essentially a mature Zelda game with gore and fuck its HUGE its so easy to get side tracked from your main goals for exploration, the mask that comes with the collector's edition is pretty fucking cool too, just having problems getting my soundtrack from THQ's website, so have to contact the support team to get another download :/

FoC is coming either tomorrow or Thursday, it was broken up from my DS:II order because of different release dates.

Darksiders 2 has me captivated at the moment, i can't get enough of it, it's essentially a mature Zelda game with gore and fuck its HUGE its so easy to get side tracked from your main goals for exploration, the mask that comes with the collector's edition is pretty fucking cool too, just having problems getting my soundtrack from THQ's website, so have to contact the support team to get another download :/

FoC is coming either tomorrow or Thursday, it was broken up from my DS:II order because of different release dates.

How does the Soundtrack work as a download? Is it an Itunes Download from the website? a folder with all the Mp3/Wav files?

How does the Soundtrack work as a download? Is it an Itunes Download from the website? a folder with all the Mp3/Wav files?

digital download in a zip file, my laptop isn't reading it though and won't open the zip file >_>

digital download in a zip file, my laptop isn't reading it though and won't open the zip file >_>

You did extract it, right?

If not, usually it's a case of Right Click>>extract

You did extract it, right?

If not, usually it's a case of Right Click>>extract

yes... clicking extract is bringing up a window saying "invalid" for no reason i can't get INTO the Zip file yet alone extract it!

This is my first time playing a Pokemon game using more than just my starter to fight.

I think I'm going to go back to my old method after this lol.

(Sapphire)

Playing Persona 4: Arena as you all may have noticed. I also grabbed Malicious but I haven't really touched it at all.

Fighting games are just kind of what I do right now, so I'm up for matches in any of the ones that I own. BlazBlue, Marvel 3, Soulcalibur V, Persona.. doesn't really matter. I am mainly interested in practicing Persona tho'.

Going for another run-through on Bastion; I've only actually finished one play-through, despite loving the game.

Edited by Purple Wisp

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

It's like someone decided that the best bit about any classic adventure movie is the shootouts, so they decided to make a game almost entirely out of them, filling in the gaps with often annoying vehicle sections and awkward platforming.

Fucking annoying. Where's the dialogue? Plot advancement? Come on, Nolan North's good but this shit just gets boring after a while.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

It's like someone decided that the best bit about any classic adventure movie is the shootouts, so they decided to make a game almost entirely out of them, filling in the gaps with often annoying vehicle sections and awkward platforming.

Fucking annoying. Where's the dialogue? Plot advancement? Come on, Nolan North's good but this shit just gets boring after a while.

I finally picked up that game months ago on a friend's recommendation. It's fun... but I never really got why it was considered a masterpiece by some. It seems kind of boring during some parts.

Well...I'm reasonably sure I've played all the levels on New Super Mario Bros. 2. But I'm nowhere near the million coin mark.

review_nsmb2-ds.jpg

Meanwhile I fully completed Transformers: War for Cybertron on the 360 years ago, but forgot I also had a copy on the PS3 as well. So because of the new one, I feel compelled to try and complete that version too.

War_for_Cybertron.jpg

But that task has become much more difficult now that this came through the post today...

2082012144354.jpeg

Also my bro took one look at this game, and told me about it, knowing I'd be interested. So I downloaded from the PSN store, a Nippon Ichi Software game called Legasista.

Legasista5.jpg

I've also been playing on this, when I can remember...

4974365835637.jpg

And yet there is still so many other games I have not had the chance to play yet. I like to pace myself, I don't want to spend the whole day playing video games...although sometimes it's tempting...

I finally picked up that game months ago on a friend's recommendation. It's fun... but I never really got why it was considered a masterpiece by some. It seems kind of boring during some parts.

It has some incredibly tedious sections, doesn't it? The gunfights are easily the worst parts of this first game though, probably all three if they're all pretty much alike; they go on way too long and are paced terribly.

That said, I am really trying to enjoy it. The story's fairly interesting, if totally implausible, but then again I suppose that's part of the appeal, like in Indiana Jones. I like Drake and Sully and the girl, the locations haven't been all that varied but the U-Boat threw me completely.