Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

Recently got all achievements in Deep Black Episode 1 and Toy Story 3.

Never buy Deep Black, it's just a terrible Third Person Shooter, the game is made from Biart and published by 505 Games, when I saw it was published by 505, I wasn't expecting much but it was even worse than my expectations, I looked at biarts game making history and all they've made is underwater simulation software/games (if you even wanna call that a game). So I gotta give them credit for trying, but the character itself is such a hybrid rip-off of Issack Clarke's armour fused with Halo 3's Recon Helmet, all while it's cover is similar to Vanquishes but with underwater. The acting is terrible and I don't like any of the characters.

Toy Story 3 was just a great game, nothing but good things, other than when doing toy box mode, when collecting all capsules, be careful and keep track of what you pick up xD

Since the Portal 2 Perpetual Testing Initiative has launched here in my neck of the woods for the PC I've been messing around trying to get the hang of it before publishing my first test chamber. If anyone here on the boards has Portal 2 for PC I am willing to try out some of the chambers just for kicks.

Playing No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise. I'm recording my progress as a Let's Play, its not getting any views though, probably because its old and I don't advertise it anywhere. :P

Heh, oops...

Suddenly remembered I hadn't got very far on Soul Nomad & The World Eaters when I first got it years ago, so I started a new file and ended up spending almost the whole damn day on it!?

Soul_Nomad_%26_the_World_Eaters_Coverart.png

Speaking of...I have several other PS2 games I haven't fully played properly, that I should really get back too. Like this...

Phantom_Brave_cover.jpg

...this...

250px-Odinssphere.png

...this...

Grim_Grimoire_Boxart.jpg

...and this...

La_Pucelle_-_Tactics_Coverart.png

...still working on this...although that jerk Raiden keeps beating me...

Makai_Kingdom.jpg

I've been playing Kid Icarus: Uprising (this game is amazinggggg) and Sonic & the Secret Rings lately.

Well, considering my sister has hijacked my PS3 to play Assassin's Creed almost every night, I've decided to crack out the Dreamcast and play through Sonic Adventure again. I'm already dreading having to play as Big the Cat. His levels are just so disconnected from anything else in the game. It's infuriating!

I mean fishing? Really? DX

Well, considering my sister has hijacked my PS3 to play Assassin's Creed almost every night, I've decided to crack out the Dreamcast and play through Sonic Adventure again. I'm already dreading having to play as Big the Cat. His levels are just so disconnected from anything else in the game. It's infuriating!

I mean fishing? Really? DX

I feel your pain in dealing with the fishing levels in that game. As do other forum users.

Adding to my list, I am also playing Kid Icarus: Uprising and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2

I'm playing an indie game called Bunny Must Die. It's another Metroidvania game with a retarded plot, hilarious bosses (such as a realistic cat and a Dracula knock-off that OHKOs you by flashing you), an ability allowing you to walk right (surely parodying how the Morph Ball is just left of the start in Metroid), and awesome music, but by god is it hard. You're able to get abilities to stop time, slow it down, run faster, and a finnicky wall jump, as well as picking up switches and an alternate suit that makes you bulkier but slower and giving the lolibunny you play as bigger melons (yes, really). I've been really enjoying it so far though.

Until this tower section I keep failing at the moment, it's utterly horrendous. The jumps are insane, the running with double tapping is fucking me over, the wall jump is finicky at this point, and every so often, you get tough as hell enemies, including pumpkins that move in exactly the same way as medusa heads in Castlevania (though they are the least of the problems here). It's just abysmal and so cheap as almost every floor is covered in spikes, and only the music is good. I could have tried this area earlier, but I had a bad feeling so I did some other stuff, and I'm glad I did, otherwise it would be EVEN WORSE.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing Sonic Generations and hunting for two more red rings for Classic Sonic in City Escape and then I'll be moving onto Seaside Hill then continue with the rest of the zones to play through to the last Boss (Already did Crisis City with Modern sonic just need to do Classic Sonic)

Before that I had played Sonic Adventure again adventure mode only and Tales Of Graces F which is a beautiful game.

That reminds me I still need to do Sonic Heroes,I did all the stories for the game but never got all the Chaos Emeralds but one day the memory card got corrupted (the game got lost in the process) and that was few years ago and I now have the urge to play it again just need a plug for the PS2...

• 2 weeks later...

Currently working on the Multiplayer mode of ME3 to get 100% for the best endings possible though I know it will be all for nothing due to the endings I saw.

Currently playing the Sonic 4 series, Minecraft and will be replaying Batman Arkham City at some point.

Currently playing all four of Wayforward's games on the 3DS, big shout out goes to Shantae!

Alice Madness Returns

Metroid Prime 3

Final Fantasy XII

and Metroid Other M.

Alice is a great game and I love the alternate Wonderland.

Should pick up the first game for PC too.

Edited by Alice Twilight

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, topic that's not about a game that hasn't been released yet.

Right now I'm most of the way through Monster Tale. It's kind of a disappointment, to be honest; it's cute, the graphics and soundtrack are both great and it does something really new and interesting with the Metroidvania concept, but as a complete package it doesn't really work. The game's monster-raising component feels shallow and has little bearing on combat (whatever form Chomp's in, expect to use nothing but Vertical Spike and Drill 'Em, Mister 90% of the time), and there's very little to explore and not much feeling of progression in terms of power, so the backtracking gets tedious very quickly.

...and goddamn is there a ton of backtracking: I'd read in a few reviews before I went in that that was a problem, but I had no idea what a big issue it was. The entire game basically consists of sending you from one end of the map to the other to collect upgrades or hit switches to open doors, and it's always just one door, or an upgrade that's only really useful in one location, so there's never any downtime to collect bonus upgrades or find hidden rooms. I guess you could call it a beginner's Metroidvania, but it's so simple that it sidesteps the whole appeal of the genre and just becomes a regular platformer that happens to take place in a maze. It's frustrating, because there's clearly a good game buried in here somewhere.

And speaking of Metroid, I finally got around to starting Other M properly the other day. I bought it a while ago (for $10.00 used... my inner collector just couldn't resist), but the first time I tried to play it I gave up after about half an hour and decided to replay Prime instead. I've kind of gotten into a groove with it now, though; it's definitely sort of a disaster, but I can have some fun with it if I look at it the right way. I mean... the art design's really nice, I guess, and the Wiimote pointing thing is way more responsive than it was in Super Paper Mario, even if it makes a lot less sense here. And, uh, I actually really like the idea of Gizmo Ridley. Hooray for low expectations~

Edited by Octarine

Currently, Minecraft on the Xbox. I TOLD my brother to get the PC version. But did he listen? No.

We're attempting to build an entire city in survival mode, it's pretty fun I guess. He thought it would be funny to name all the buildings things like "PINGAS enterprises", "The building of NO USE", and "That damn 4th building (on the left)". So at least I can't help but smile when passing by the signs.

Epic Mickey. Beat the game once and now doing another playthrough to go for the bad ending.

Gravity Rush and Lollipop Chainsaw are my latest pickups. I'm also playing Ys Origin, all three are pretty good games so far.

Been playing X4 and Tales of Eternia (Renamed Tales of Destiny II here in the states) while I'm waiting to get Tales of Graces f

After playing the demo briefly a year ago, I finally sat down and started the original Portal properly.

I'm faring a lot better than I did back with the demo, but I'm still not 100% sure this game meshes that well with me. mellow.png I really like the concept and idea of it, I can certainly see the appeal, and I really wish I could get into it more, but I feel like a lot of the puzzles just don't 'click' with my way of thinking and I get hopelessly stuck and frustrated way too easily with it.

I'm really hoping I start to 'get' with the way the game wants me to think and manage to get on the same page as it. Problem is, this game has just further solidified one fact for me; I can't stand controlling and playing games in first-person. Seriously, I'm not sure why, but it just irks me so much. It feels clunky, slow and unnatural. I'm quite a hands-on person, and playing a game in first-person just feels like it's putting a huge barrier between me and the game world. Rather than being able to reach out and touch something, I feel like I'm being forced to grab it with the robotic arm of a crane game. Even when I understand what I need to do with a puzzle, I just find the controls cumbersome to the point they're a hindrance for me.

Again, hopefully this is just something I'll get better at, but I've never liked controlling first person in gaming. I like on-rails arcade shooters because they're, well, on-rails, but controlling things in a full 3D space in first person? Ugh. The ironic thing is that if it were real life I'd find it much easier, but then I'd probably also be dead. laugh.png

I finally caught the dratted cowbear on Katamari Forever, so I now have my first-ever Platinum trophy. So now it's back to Skyrim (I was hoping the 1.6 update would get released for PS3, but they're just dragging everything on that game for this console, so I'm back to playing it anyway.) If I ever focus enough to actually complete the Main Quest, I'll have my second-ever Platinum trophy, but I tend to - hey, look, a barrow! Better see what's down there . . . Ahem. As I was saying, my focus is - ooh, an cluster of butterflies! And there's some canis root, and that glow over there means nirnroot . . . Main Quest? What Main Quest?

On the Wii, I'm playing Pikmin; having failed the game the first time, I'm now two pieces ahead of my days, and on the 3DS I'm playing Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs, pending the arrival of Pokemon Conquest. I sure hope they give us that Shiny Rayquaza like they gave Japan.

Been addicted to Mario Tennis Open recently. While barebones, the game's online is a great time-sink. I love owning people as Peach.

I'm playing Spiral Knights on PC (Hell, I didn't expect it to be that addictive) and Mario and Sonic at London Olympics, all the Hard Modes...I think there's only some medleys left

Finished Portal last night. I actually much preferred the post-test-chamber parts to the test chambers themselves. They felt a lot more natural and logical, rather than forcing often over-complex puzzles on you. I certainly found myself getting frustrated and stuck a lot less during this part of the game.

Still not too keen on playing/ controlling in first person, I just about coped though, even if I did end up swearing like hell at the controls not working as precisely/ quickly as I wanted or needed them to during the last boss, but then I suppose that's an issue of playing a first-person game with a controller.

Overall, a bit fiddly and frustrating at times, but I'll definitely make a start on Portal 2 soon.