Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

We respect you here S0L and appreciate you visiting the forum and answering our queries. Thank you muchly :)

I wanna second that, mostly 'cause I'm still in shock that you even come here, S0L... let alone you answered a question I had once! :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Opa-Opa, the best flying character? I'm not entirely sure about that. It's definitely better than the ChuChus (who I would say are the worst in the game), but I'm not really sure about Ulala or Tails.

Against a good Ulala or Tails player, Opa-Opa would likely just fail due to lack of Speed and less powerful Turbo-Boost. It's the same as Knuckles vs. Sonic.

Maybe I'm just saying this because I haven't played a really good Opa-Opa player yet. I've seen some okay ones, but I've never seen an Opa-Opa place well online.

Edited by Top Cat

Against a good Ulala or Tails player, Opa-Opa would likely just fail due to lack of Speed and less powerful Turbo-Boost. It's the same as Knuckles vs. Sonic.

Maybe I'm just saying this because I haven't played a really good Opa-Opa player yet. I've seen some okay ones, but I've never seen an Opa-Opa place well online.

It could be that he's not too good, but his drifting is awesome (I always play as him on Monkey Target and Detristus Desert), and he's also tons of fun to play as, so I'm not complaining. ^^

PS. S0L, you made an awesome game and you should feel awesome. And like Glenn said, thanks for coming to talk to us lowly Sonic fans at SSMB xD

With a bit of practice, you can use basically everyone on Monkey Target and Sandy Drifts. Work on easing off the gas to make those turns when your character doesn't have as good of a handling stat. Can't just rely on picking a single character in order to do well on a track. Especially not online. :P

That's why I use as many characters as I do. Knuckles, Ulala, Alex Kidd, Beat, and Shadow primarily. Even if those are taken I can easily pick up someone like Sonic, Ryo (basically the same as Shadow), or Amy. I'd say the only characters that I'd have a particular disadvantage with when using are Big, the ChuChus (even though I use them a considerable amount), and Jacky/Akira. Even then, it's moreso about skill and knowing the track you're playing on.

Edited by Top Cat

Apparently it wasn't just going to be the DS version getting an old Crush 40 track, YouTube user Fiamonder10DX

claims to have found this song buried deep in the Xbox 360 version disc -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvkm0pnT3Ns

No proof is given though.

Video giving a closer look at the Knuckles ASR Figurine -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVK7Z6mmKz8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVK7Z6mmKz8

Just spotted at the SEGA forums a topic about infinite drifting, there's a video here of it -

I bet online will be plagued with this soon enough >_<

EDIT: From S0L at TSSZ's article -

I don't think it really matters, Shadz. You don't actually go FASTER by drifting, the mini-turbo is the important part. That guy wasn't using it. I'm not saying there won't be an effectiveness to this, there more likely will. It won't force everyone to do it like true Snaking mechanics does, though.

Edit: Read up more on it. Seems like it makes hover characters not awful in Time Trial, but the way you execute it makes me cringe. Snaking is one thing, but this is finger gymnastics.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Talking about this, S0L just said Infinite Drifting stays... for now.

I read ti seems to help a lot in monkey target and also helps when you want to make lvl 3 boosts, no idea how to do it thought :P

p.d: lol, now I am the stalker, we should call this forum Steve Stalkers Message Board.

Edited by imarafan

You need to use both the analog stick and d-pad at the same time, while drifting. Like I said, it's finger gymnastics and kind of screws over people who are less dexterous or have short fingers. But I believe S0L when he says it won't have much of an effect in races. I probably won't try it. I COULD probably do it, considering my hands are overly massive.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Its trust S0L that it shouldn't bother online races but if it gives people an advantage in Time Attack then it should be scrapped since not everyone is able to do it as you guys mentioned due to hand size or the awkwardness of it. In my oppinion it should be patched to make things fair for everyone in Time Attack but oh well I probably won't play Time Attack much anyway. The main point is it won't affect online races so its no major issue.

Apparently it wasn't just going to be the DS version getting an old Crush 40 track, YouTube user Fiamonder10DX

claims to have found this song buried deep in the Xbox 360 version disc -

No proof is given though.

I bet S0L will de-confirm this and say that Crush 40 Revvin Up was never going to appear in this game lol

Video giving a closer look at the Knuckles ASR Figurine

Speaking of ASR figurines, I forgot to mention that I got one of those for my birthday a few days ago along with the Sonic one. :3

Sweeeeeeet.

Edited by Top Cat
  • Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of ASR figurines, I forgot to mention that I got one of those for my birthday a few days ago along with the Sonic one. :3

Sweeeeeeet.

Cool, I hope they get released over here. Happy belated birthday dude :lol:

EDIT: Oh yeah, i just remembered I said happy birthday to you in your profile's comments on the day XD

I bet S0L will de-confirm this and say that Crush 40 Revvin Up was never going to appear in this game lol

Absolutely de-confirm this :P

The only track we've had from Crush 40 was 'Into the Wind' - we asked for this specifically from SOJ and Jun, nothing else was ever considered or implemented :P

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 1

OMG S0L I HAS A QUESTION

Do you know why Antony Ward's SASASR car renders had to be taken down? Was that SEGA's doing? I couldn't help but notice they were taken down very soon after being posted here.

EDIT: Bah! And he's gone. Oh well, I suppose that would have been confidential information anyways.

Edited by HunterTSF

Absolutely de-confirm this :P

The only track we've had from Crush 40 was 'Into the Wind' - we asked for this specifically from SOJ and Jun, nothing else was ever considered or implemented :P

---

S0L

---

I knew that YouTube user had to be a liar especially as they gave no proof. Anyone can go on YouTube, post a music track and claim to have found it on the disc.

Jeez, is there ANY review that DIDN'T give this game a solid 8? That's probably the most solid string of review scores I've ever seen for a game!

Jeez, is there ANY review that DIDN'T give this game a solid 8? That's probably the most solid string of review scores I've ever seen for a game!

A couple sites gave it a 5/10 just because of "3D Sonic/Not Mario Kart". Still it's nice to finally have a game getting consistently good scores even if it is a spinoff.

Ok, so I've almost got all of the achievements, but the last one is really strange.

To get the "Ultimate Collection" achievement, it seems I have to get all of the achievements in game and not just through the Xbox system or whatever. Ath this point, I'm only missing one, and that is the achievement for buying an item from the shop. There's just one problem:

Not only is this achievement already logged to my gamertag, but I've already bought all of the items, so there's nothing else to buy!

What can I do here? Is there gonna be an update to fix this? I REALLY don't wanna have to do everything all over again X_X

Yay! I'm late to the party... >.<

But ASR is one of my favorite racing games now. Perhaps my all time favorite. It's really fun and colorful. And it makes me reget not buying a major console when I had the money. >.<

Oh if you must know well the House of the Dead couple Zobio and Zobiko being playable is my favorite thing about the game for obvious reasons.

You know, some complained that people should be able to select the same character. If that happened, everyone may want to play as Shadow. :blink:

And jeez, where's the Jacky&Akira love? Am I the only one? :(

Took GT long enough to review the game, i thought they weren't going to bother after all this time. Only took them 16 days from the U.S. release. :lol:

And jeez, where's the Jacky&Akira love? Am I the only one? :(

For the awesomeness of their car, I find them a bit slow to boost/drift... but otherwise they're cool, decent characters! :)