Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Is the Zobio & Zobiko zombie slaying achievement cumulative over any time you race as them, or does it have to occur within one race?

I find it hard to compare SST to SASR..

One is a tennis game happening in a static environment, no matter what the terrain is, where you move in a limited area.

Its more of a timing game even if you gotta be agile but the point still stands.

This game also didn't have much of a cast and it was... kinda understandable, I think, because of this specific sport.

On the other hand, you have this other game wich is a hardcore racing game.

Loads of tracks where speed and drifting is the key to making races challenging. There may be items but can switch it off for even more challenge like so many said when they were doing online races.

Plentiful of characters for any kind of people... I hope.

Even if you have a set track you can drive the way you want it and YOU. GOT. SPACE to drive.

Both of them have great music but SASR have more nostalgic music so yeah... it all depends on your taste.

We can't really compare missions.... missions are missions and they will always be different from a game to another, the only difference we can make is the number of missions heh.

I could say more, but what I mean is that those 2 games are way to different to be compared even if both were made by SEGA, on the other hand you can compare it to another racing game of the same genre: cartoony, lively, colorful (you know what I mean) and imaginary-like (not reality based, I mean).

Edited by Unholy Sønic

I have to say one character I know would never appear (so nobody point it out <_< ) but I still like the idea of is Miku Hatsune, she'd give Ulala a run for her money :lol: .

That would be the only time I wished the Wii had DLC :lol:.

I know for sure Sonic is the best character in the game now.

I joined and room and while playing Rampart Road I found someone just as good as I am on it. Mastered the turns, mastered the shortcuts, etc. The final lap was literally us, just grinding against each other. It was insanely hot intense. I was my best character (Knuckles the 'Overpowered') and they were their best. Sonic.

I lost. Why? Not because of any mistakes or stray rockets or anything of the sort, but because he was Sonic. His stronger Turbo-Boost and overall greater speed overpowered me and he slipped by at the last second. Food for thought. :P

I agree that Jet would be a good Sonic character to put in, I loved the Sonic Riders games and the extreme gear would be pretty different from the other hovercraft. Tails Doll would be a great joke character if Sumo could get permission, but I think that would be best left for the sequel since we already have Big. :P I think Blaze is the most likely get the DLC treatment though since she's more popular plus the game needs more female characters.

I can't believe I forgot Segata Sanshiro in my DLC wishlist, this game needs a Chuck Norris type character (using a Mii just isn't the same :P)!

TSSZ has done a review on the wii version game it almost made me fall asleep reading it :P XD http://www.tssznews.com/2010/03/06/review-sonic-sega-all-stars-racing-wii/ he gave a shit rating for a fantasic game

'You didn't respond to my huge list of questions therefore your game is shit'?

Great to hear the trophy is being fixed, but out of curiosity why wouldn't it unlock for some people? I know a reason was already given but it wasn't very specific.

And lol @ people requesting Jet, because a two time spinoff character who will likely never appear outside of spinoffs is so representative of the franchise ┐('~`;)┌

'You didn't respond to my huge list of questions therefore your game is shit'?

There's probably another reason behind it than just that, you'll know what I'm referring to if you've been up to date in the staff forum.

DLC wise I dont think Jet would be a good addition. I'm hoping for Ristar but I'm not sure if there are any complications in obtaining rights for him or whatever, a Sonic character I'd like to see is Metal Sonic, he was in Drift 2 so he has the programming for kart racing :lol:

Hello, newbie here! *waves*

My sister just bought the game and it's a nice break from Mario Kart.

Love all the stages but one: Lava Lair. We need HELP with that stage. You know the part after the many turbo pads where the road is broken into small pieces? Can not do it. EVER. We trick once, we fall. We slow down , we fall. Nothing works. It seems people online know how to get by that area, but we can't. So...any tips/help?

And lol @ people requesting Jet, because a two time spinoff character who will likely never appear outside of spinoffs is so representative of the franchise ┐('~`;)┌

It's no worse than asking for Metal Sonic in my opinion.

Actually, I'd say there's a big difference, only due to the reason that Metal Sonic is a "classic" character, and seems to automatically generate more respect from players than a modern character like Jet does.

I think it's silly actually but that's the way it be.

Edited by Aquaslash

Hello, newbie here! *waves*

My sister just bought the game and it's a nice break from Mario Kart.

Love all the stages but one: Lava Lair. We need HELP with that stage. You know the part after the many turbo pads where the road is broken into small pieces? Can not do it. EVER. We trick once, we fall. We slow down , we fall. Nothing works. It seems people online know how to get by that area, but we can't. So...any tips/help?

Just don't trick and you should be fine.

There's probably another reason behind it than just that, you'll know what I'm referring to if you've been up to date in the staff forum.
Ooooh drama, I'll check it out in a second.

Except Metal Sonic is a main character, has appeared in more games than Jet can ever even hope to appear in, appeals to both classic and modern fans and on top of that already has an established vehicle if Sumo wishes to use it to save development time. He's the absolute perfect choice.

S0L, just a quick question, is the DLC purely SEGA's choice or do you Sumo folks have a hand in it?

As far as Sonic characters for DLC, it's gotta be Metal Sonic and/or Metal Knuckles. I'd say Silver, but I'm 99.9% sure he'd get a flying vehicle, and all the flyers suck ass.

You've hurt poor Opa-Opa's feelings! Seriously, give him a go, he's one of the best characters - the best flyer, at least.

S0L, any chance of patching the game so we can select a random character and a random track? It could just be a certain button combination to press. Like how Mario Kart Double Dash allows you to select a random character and random track. It's easily one of the most fun features when you're playing with other people. (Keeps the game interesting and spontaneous!)

and on top of that already has an established vehicle if Sumo wishes to use it to save development time. He's the absolute perfect choice.

What vehicle? The one from Sonic Drift 2?

Or maybe he could transform his own body with his own hands and actually BE the vehicle. Just a thought.

You two completely took my comment the wrong way. My point is that the game already has enough Sonic characters.

But if you want my opinion, Metal Sonic is pretty crap anyway. I never cared for him (or the game he appeared in) much in the first place and the way he was brought back in Heroes made me go from being apathetic to him to outright disliking him.

I do not understand all the praise and admiration he gets at all.

Edited by Top Cat

For DLC For this game i would love to see Axel from Crazy Taxi to join his buddy BD Joe,The Couple from Outrun,NiGHTS & Reala and Ethan Waber from PSU :) and for Tracks would love to see Coconut Beach from Outrun and possibly some more sonic ones like say Speed Highway from SA1 hehe

So the PS3 trophy glitch, I may have an idea as to how to fix it, but I'd need someone else to help me test it if anyone is free right now.

Bascially, the bug occurs (if the official word is correct) depending on where the friend is in your friends list, now PSN friends are arrange alphabetically, your name is first, then it's alphabetical order... so what if you played with the next user in your PSN friends list, say someone had a name begining with AA. They would appear directly under you in the active list. How many people here have played ASR with the person directly below them on their friends list?

If anyone wants to try this out can they let me know asap, it doesn't take more than a few min to set up a new PSN account so I can be the test dummy if you don't fancy the hasstle of doing it first.

S0L, any chance of patching the game so we can select a random character and a random track? It could just be a certain button combination to press. Like how Mario Kart Double Dash allows you to select a random character and random track. It's easily one of the most fun features when you're playing with other people. (Keeps the game interesting and spontaneous!)

I asked the same question, and S0L basically said "no." The reason is that they want you to think about which character you're choosing, and which track you're selecting. I honestly don't understand why, but whatever.

So the PS3 trophy glitch, I may have an idea as to how to fix it, but I'd need someone else to help me test it if anyone is free right now.

Bascially, the bug occurs (if the official word is correct) depending on where the friend is in your friends list, now PSN friends are arrange alphabetically, your name is first, then it's alphabetical order... so what if you played with the next user in your PSN friends list, say someone had a name begining with AA. They would appear directly under you in the active list. How many people here have played ASR with the person directly below them on their friends list?

If anyone wants to try this out can they let me know asap, it doesn't take more than a few min to set up a new PSN account so I can be the test dummy if you don't fancy the hasstle of doing it first.

Dont know about that but one solution many have found is to delete everyone off your friend list then add one back, play with them and the trophy unlocks. I'm just going to wait for the patch myself.

lol I'm not deleting my friends list.

But if anyone wants to try my method should only take a couple of min.

You've hurt poor Opa-Opa's feelings! Seriously, give him a go, he's one of the best characters - the best flyer, at least.

I did the drifting mission with him, and it totally put me off any future use of the character XD

I do see him owning online on occasion, so if I mess with another flyer, it'd be him.

RE: Top Cat:

Metal Sonic's had much better appearances than CD and Heroes. In fact, bar Adventure 2 and SA:DX, those are probably his worst.

Edited by Aquaslash

I thought Adventure 2 was one of his best appearances, it was the first time we saw Metal in 3D and not in suspended animation or Sonic R.

Rivals 1 I'd say is probably his best appearance though, Metal Sonic with the ability to somehow use Chaos Control and Psychokinesis!? I'll have that with extra fries please.

I did the drifting mission with him, and it totally put me off any future use of the character XD

Ah, but that mission is on Sandy Drifts, which has its own (undeserved!) bad reputation... :)

I thought Adventure 2 was one of his best appearances, it was the first time we saw Metal in 3D and not in suspended animation or Sonic R.

Rivals 1 I'd say is probably his best appearance though, Metal Sonic with the ability to somehow use Chaos Control and Psychokinesis!? I'll have that with extra fries please.

Adventure 2: Battle? That's probably one of the best ones! The DC version of SA2 and the GC version of SA1? Not so much as those were just poor Sonic/Shadow reskins.

Ah, but that mission is on Sandy Drifts, which has its own (undeserved!) bad reputation... :)

The one I'm referring to was in one of the JSR levels. The nighttime one with the Chinatown looking tower thing (I forget the name of it). It was one of the later missions.

Edited by Aquaslash

Adventure 2: Battle? That's probably one of the best ones! The DC version of SA2 and the GC version of SA1? Not so much as those were just poor Sonic/Shadow reskins.

Oh, I wasn't even aware that SA2 and SA2B Metal played differently D=

Yeah SADX was quite shit, that little thumbs up dance thing Sonic does at the end of a level was horribly out of character for Metal.

Also, SEGA Monkey, yeah the Drift 2 vehicle, there's an image of it at Retro but I cba to find it and post it on an iPhone.