Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

For DLC For this game i would love to see Axel from Crazy Taxi to join his buddy BD Joe,The Couple from Outrun,NiGHTS & Reala and Ethan Waber from PSU :) and for Tracks would love to see Coconut Beach from Outrun and possibly some more sonic ones like say Speed Highway from SA1 hehe

If they're doing PSO-related content, HUmar would be more fitting. Since PSO Episode I is the most fondly remembered of the online series, and HUmar is the poster boy of it. Just saying.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

How much trouble would it be to add Segata Sanshiro? I know that you would have to pay royalties to use the dude's mug, but can it really be that much?

So I don't know if S0L will read this or if he's aware but i've found another trophy glitch that prevents Fighters Megamix from being unlocked and the reasons why.

I had 19/20 and had done each characters all star move in order, so when I't failed to unlock I went back and tried the characters which it's possible to miss, Big, Knuckles, Samba thingy and even ulaa what's her face. Nothing. So then I tried it with Shadow as Id read that a few others had issues with that characters move registering. Tried it out, only this time I didn't use the chaos spear move as the game instructs you to. This time I just crashed into each racer, at no point did I press X like the game says you should. After the all star item wore off, the trophy popped up.

It seems that the move records only if you do not use the chaos spear, however this is controrary to the instructions ingame.

.... Do I get a prize now?

So I don't know if S0L will read this or if he's aware but i've found another trophy glitch that prevents Fighters Megamix from being unlocked and the reasons why.

I had 19/20 and had done each characters all star move in order, so when I't failed to unlock I went back and tried the characters which it's possible to miss, Big, Knuckles, Samba thingy and even ulaa what's her face. Nothing. So then I tried it with Shadow as Id read that a few others had issues with that characters move registering. Tried it out, only this time I didn't use the chaos spear move as the game instructs you to. This time I just crashed into each racer, at no point did I press X like the game says you should. After the all star item wore off, the trophy popped up.

It seems that the move records only if you do not use the chaos spear, however this is controrary to the instructions ingame.

.... Do I get a prize now?

No not really. I and many others already discovered this weeks ago in the process of getting that achievement. Yes it's the same on 360. Just run into someone as Super Shadow. Get achievement. It works. Move on.

If they're doing PSO-related content, HUmar would be more fitting. Since PSO Episode I is the most fondly remembered of the online series, and HUmar is the poster boy of it. Just saying.

There's no obvious vehicle fora HUmar or HUnewearl or whatever to drive though, wheras Ethan Waber from PSU has a jetboard to ride around on.

If we're talking Phantasy Star though, I'd like to see some classic characters, like Nei or Alis or Alys! (PSIV had vehicles!)

I still say that IF we get more Sonic characters, we won't get any more than two, and Metal Sonic and Rouge will be the first ones we'd see. Rouge IS a "main" Sonic character, and she's also another semi-classic character, too, like Big and Shadow (all of whom have been around about ten years; the rest have been around more than fifteen). Blaze and Silver are both newer (less than five years) and have appeared in far less games. Blaze has a pretty big following, though; Silver's is close, but not nearly high enough to reach her level.

Even if Silver is in this game, Blaze is easily ahead of him because she's far more favored than Silver. I still don't think that either of them will appear, though. And hell, we don't even know if we're getting DLC Sonic characters (though I personally say its guaranteed we'll get 1-2, it isn't confirmed by any means).

Just wanting to weigh in on the Opa-Opa debate between CNash and Aquaslash for a second...

I've no problem against some of the flying characters. Tails handles well, albeit a little sluggish if you try him after an hour of burning rubber as Sonic. The major problem with the ChuChus is that they're large and cumbersome, so most of my grinding them along the barriers was down to that rather than their floating ability. Ulala is great fun to use.

But y'know what? They're all fixed, stationary vehicles. They're easy to control. Opa-Opa (whatever freakish corner of hell that thing came from) is constantly in flux and therefore a nightmare to tell A: where you're going, B: how long to hold your drift, C: which direction to even drift in sometimes... basically, near-uncontrollable. It wouldn't be so bad if it were a static construct like the other flying characters, but with those wings flapping all over the damned place whenever you crash, bump, score, pick-up, fire or touch the bleedin' horn?! Simply too much effort to keep track of it, so much so that I nearly closed my eyes at one point and just tried to imagine I was playing as Sonic in my mind's eye (and it kinda worked, too). I'll admit, I've no idea where that cursed thing came from, but goodness do I agree with Aquaslash, with apologies to CNash and S0L (who I know like Opa-Opa, which is fine)!

Rant over. I was actually going to post this last night, before I saw the debate had already been started without me!

Edited by Glenn

I'm not gonna make a huge post, but...

Metal Sonic would be an awesome choice.

Rouge however isn't very popular.... Considering how popular Blaze is (with many people calling her "the best Sonic character since Knuckles") it'd be nuts to include Rouge but not Blaze >:

But really everyone knows that Cream and Vanilla (and Cheese and Chocola (and Gemerl)) are the ultimate Sonic pair to choose.

But y'know what? They're all fixed, stationary vehicles. They're easy to control. Opa-Opa (whatever freakish corner of hell that thing came from) is constantly in flux and therefore a nightmare to tell A: where you're going, B: how long to hold your drift, C: which direction to even drift in sometimes... basically, near-uncontrollable. It wouldn't be so bad if it were a static construct like the other flying characters, but with those wings flapping all over the damned place whenever you crash, bump, score, pick-up, fire or touch the bleedin' horn?! Simply too much effort to keep track of it, so much so that I nearly closed my eyes at one point and just tried to imagine I was playing as Sonic in my mind's eye (and it kinda worked, too). I'll admit, I've no idea where that cursed thing came from, but goodness do I agree with Aquaslash, with apologies to CNash and S0L (who I know like Opa-Opa, which is fine)!

Ah, so you're being thrown off by his constant animations? I had that when I first tried to play it, and it was a common complaint amongst my colleagues too, but - and I know it's a bit of a cop-out - I just got used to it. The only time Opa-Opa's animations give me trouble now is when I'm doing air tricks, where it's sometimes hard to tell when he's stopped animating and how many tricks it's safe to do on that jump. He's still the best of the flyers - he handles better than Ulala and Tails, and isn't heavy like the Chuchus, so he's very easy to control.

• Thumbs Up 1

S0L's here :D

Have you seen Tristan's twist on the Trophy patch? He thinks its coming with the DLC so you'll have to pay for the patch :lol: Obviously the patch is to prepare the game for the DLC and to fix the Trophy. Is there any official date for when the DLC will arrive as you guys said it'll be coming sooner rather than later but it's ok if you can't say yet.

I was also wondering if the Online Tournaments and Player Stats features listed at Xbox.com ever existed as they're not in the game.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/s/sonicandsegaallstarsracing/

Opa-Opa is the only flyer that I use, and it's mainly because of his animations (and because he's the easiest one to drift with). All of the other characters look silly when they move around, but Opa-Opa looks amazingly cocky. Especially when he does a reclining position.

I stick to wheeled vehicles otherwise. They just feel better.

As for the Sonic character talk, I still stand by my no-more-Sonic-characters-but-if-there-has-to-be-more-Blaze-and-Metal-Sonic-are-the-only-decent-choices stance. I don't really care for Metal Sonic myself (just a filler character to me), but he's at least tolerable. Rouge or Silver, I just don't see happening. Especially not Rouge. Even Sonic Team has been ignoring her in spin-offs.

Edited by Tentomon

I love using Opa Opa, he's so fun to use and the looks on my friends' faces when they see the little guy just cruising past them is a lot of fun too :D

I use OpaOpa so much that I'm heavily considering maining him, and I don't use any of the other hovercraft characters.

Just spotted at the SEGA forums a topic about infinite drifting, there's a video here of it -

I bet online will be plagued with this soon enough >_<

EDIT: From S0L at TSSZ's article -

http://www.tssznews.com/2010/03/08/amid-widespread-problems-asr-ps3-patch-in-the-works/#more-11320

You won’t have to pay for the update – that’s going to go out free. It purely add’s support for us to do DLC and provides in-game access to the PSN store and XBLA marketplace. As a bonus, it’s allowed us to address a few concerns players are having to boot.

End of that day, sometimes things get missed, despite extensive testing. It does work for the majority of users, just there are fringe cases where it doesn’t. We know why and it’s fixed now, update not too far off.

S0L

'And lol @ people requesting Jet, because a two time spinoff character who will likely never appear outside of spinoffs is so representative of the franchise ┐('~`;)┌

I know a bit picky, but technically this is completely wrong. Jet technically has appeared three times, and once out of his spin-off series into another spin-off series, he was playable in Sonic and the Black Knight.

(was one of the main people pushing for Opa Opa to be in the game). Fantasy Zone and Super Fantasy Zone are awesome though. ;3; More so though is the character design is neat, the character original, and obviously it's not for everyone, but they made characters for all types of players, and Opa Opa fills plenty of peoples boats. Interesting "living vehicle" character who can fly and has unique abilities, stats, and animations, and a rather cool All-Star move.

Opa Opa is just lovable. <3

S0L says they're taking that infinite drifting trick out :D

Don't get too used to doing it - as we're taking it out :P

---

S0L

---

http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=5647461&postcount=35

EDIT: Another comment from S0L on this trick -

Yeah, the irony isn't wasted on me

The problem we have with this, is it certainly wasn't intended. We want the TT to be fair for all players using normal techniques.

Still, I can see how some of the more advanced players want to use this technique, and given I'd have to start removing times from the leaderboard that use it if we do lock it...

I'll have a chat with the designers and see what their take is on this.

---

S0L

---

http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=5649777&postcount=20

I know a bit picky, but technically this is completely wrong. Jet technically has appeared three times, and once out of his spin-off series into another spin-off series, he was playable in Sonic and the Black Knight.

I didn't count BK and Winter Games since BK is just a secret multiplayer character and Winter games is just a boss battle and isn't even canon.

Right, just finished the DS version 100%.

Now I need to try and see if I can do the same on the Wii version. D:

EDIT: Looking at the challenges/ trophies/ achievements/ etc, I have one that's still hidden. I already got the 'Sonic Unleashed' one, but what's the other? I seem to remember it being mentioned pages back as being something to do with Sonic and Amy?

Edited by Mahzes
  • Thumbs Up 1

New on S0L Watch, S0L fights back in a stupid rage topic at SEGA Forums. -

Wow, you've scared off Rex. That take's some doing, I'm still working at it

Seriously - at the end of the day, I'm sure it would have been great to have more features, more characters, more modes and hell, let's chuck in some helicopters and a space battle.

Truth is - it takes a lot of time, effort, sweat and blood to make these games. You have to make sure what is included works, and works well. We had all manner of other mini-games for example, but we dropped them - as they didn't work well, or in some cases, just weren't fun.

If AAA games were easy to make, then every game would be AAA - but they're not.

Are we listening to the criticism? Of course, and where we can we'll roll into into what we do in the future, but just because something isn't in the game doesn't mean it wasn't considered, thought about - or even in some cases - tried.

But we're as human as the rest of you, even we need sleep and time with our families now and again

---

S0L

---

http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=5647502&postcount=96

I wonder what other kind of mini-games were considered.

Oh and here's the SumoRex post -

I can see that to some people, the online aspect of a game is really important. (To others, it might be that *their favourite IP is represented.) We *can't* possibly please everyone to the max. All games are a compromise, and there isn't a game out there that couldn't be improved with more time, or money, or human resources... or whatever. But ultimately we did the best we could. No slacking.

(I'd just like to add that out of the number of units sold, you might be surprised at the number of people who actually play online.)

It gets very disheartening to hear people who claim they like the game be *so* voiciferous in attacking it. I honestly don't think I can listen to it any more. It's a shame for all the people who have enjoyed being able to get their opinions heard.

I think S0L has more fortitude than I do. Maybe he'll stick around a while.

I hope everyone enjoys the DLC we've created. It's been interesting.

http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=5643931&postcount=79

I'll have to second both of those posts. Obviously, the game is never going to measure up to your exact expectations - there will always be things that you wanted in the game, but didn't get. There are things I wanted (and suggested) but didn't get. And there are things that Sumo wanted but for one reason or another, couldn't get. Games today are all about compromise, and in my opinion, SASASR is a great game (why else would I still be playing it after all this time?) despite not pleasing the fanbase - which I believe is impossible anyway.

In other news, I just got 1000/1000 :) This is actually the first time I've done it myself - I was always the one to start playthroughs, never finish them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, quit stalking us :P

It is like groundhog day on there sometimes, someone starts a topic, we respond, it stays sensible for a bit - and then BAM! same question gets asked again and again and again. Usually with more rage attached to it to boot. What starts of being us interacting and discussing decisions, quickly turns into us having to defend ourselves, and even when you explain exactly why a choice was made, if it's not what the poster wants to hear, then prepare to face more grief :)

Now I don't mind, I'm pretty thick skinned, but not everyone feels the same. I completely understand why Rex pulled out, instead of enjoying discussing how the game was made, and where we got inspiration from, it's become a full time job to respond to each and every question that's asked, regardless of how respectfully it's asked too. If we don't respond (and usually as we're either busy or living our own lives!) then 'We don't care' and if we do respond and it's not the answer desired then it's 'We knew you'd take that stance, you think it's perfect'. No win eh?

Talk about thankless job sometimes. It makes me respect AAUK for doing this full time!

Of course, this is offset by me for all the interesting discussion and the positive comments. I don't mind criticism, providing it's constructive either. There is a big difference between 'DoOdZ yOuR gAmE sUcKz LoLz...!' to 'You know what, if you 'd have have done this, it would be better, is there a reason why not?'.

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 2

I'll have to second both of those posts. Obviously, the game is never going to measure up to your exact expectations - there will always be things that you wanted in the game, but didn't get. There are things I wanted (and suggested) but didn't get. And there are things that Sumo wanted but for one reason or another, couldn't get. Games today are all about compromise, and in my opinion, SASASR is a great game (why else would I still be playing it after all this time?) despite not pleasing the fanbase - which I believe is impossible anyway.

In other news, I just got 1000/1000 :) This is actually the first time I've done it myself - I was always the one to start playthroughs, never finish them.

The sooner people realise that the better :lol:

I'm very open minded to all of the character choices, some of the franchises I've not played before but I'm not going to go around raging like people in that topic at the SEGA forums are :lol: I respect that there are people other than me out there who are very pleased to see these characters I'm not familiar with in the game.

I'm planning to 1000/1000 the Xbox 360 version eventually too, I'm over half way done on my PS3 version with 56% of the Trophies collected. I might even try to beat all the Wii/DS alternative's Challenges too.

EDIT: Looking at the challenges/ trophies/ achievements/ etc, I have one that's still hidden. I already got the 'Sonic Unleashed' one, but what's the other? I seem to remember it being mentioned pages back as being something to do with Sonic and Amy?

I think (don't quote me on this, unless to tell me I'm wrong) that it involves Amy using her All-Star Move to flatten Sonic. :)

Regards all the sudden Opa Opa love going around, hey... s'fine if you like it, whatever the heck it is, but I just can't control the blasted thing to any precise degree. CNash mentioned that it isn't as heavy as the ChuChus, and that's for sure, but I think Opa Opa overcompensates by being too flicky (no crossover pun intended) and annoying. That plus I can never tell if it is either A: sluggish or B: flicky, mostly because it'll turn into a bend while having some kind of seizure.

Oh well... like somebody said, there's something for everybody in this game, after all! *loads up race with Sonic and tears off into the lead* :D

Hey, quit stalking us :P

It is like groundhog day on there sometimes, someone starts a topic, we respond, it stays sensible for a bit - and then BAM! same question gets asked again and again and again. Usually with more rage attached to it to boot. What starts of being us interacting and discussing decisions, quickly turns into us having to defend ourselves, and even when you explain exactly why a choice was made, if it's not what the poster wants to hear, then prepare to face more grief :)

Now I don't mind, I'm pretty thick skinned, but not everyone feels the same. I completely understand why Rex pulled out, instead of enjoying discussing how the game was made, and where we got inspiration from, it's become a full time job to respond to each and every question that's asked, regardless of how respectfully it's asked too. If we don't respond (and usually as we're either busy or living our own lives!) then 'We don't care' and if we do respond and it's not the answer desired then it's 'We knew you'd take that stance, you think it's perfect'. No win eh?

Talk about thankless job sometimes. It makes me respect AAUK for doing this full time!

Of course, this is offset by me for all the interesting discussion and the positive comments. I don't mind criticism, providing it's constructive either. There is a big difference between 'DoOdZ yOuR gAmE sUcKz LoLz...!' to 'You know what, if you 'd have have done this, it would be better, is there a reason why not?'.

---

S0L

---

It's completely unfair the way they treat you guys over there, you throw them a biscuit and they want the whole tin. I've seen them time and time again make topics titled "SOL! *Put stupid question here*" because they think you're going to ignore their question if its posted in a topic already discussing the matter. They just don't appreciate that you're going out of your way to get feedback and do some polite Q&A's which you didn't ever or don't have to continue to give them. As you said they're throwing crap at the entire game because you didn't implement a feature/character/track they wanted, people like that should really think about what their saying before they start typing.

We respect you here S0L and appreciate you visiting the forum to answer our queries. Thank you muchly :)