Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

My guess? When its not 10 past midnight where he lives. :P

S0L has often been spoted on these forums at near 3am!

She's in the blue track aswell as the red, so thats 2 cards in the track this happened to which makes me wonder even more how this happened

Well the game is probably programed to load the same image file for both the blue and red tracks, so all the programer who put it in had to do was just place it over the Amy card or accidently make the game load the wrong image.

Oh wow, I don't care much for Underground but Sonia is fucking awesome.

I know I've asked this before but surely SEGA's character = SEGA's art, whether it's fanmade or not? Lightning can't really protest against it being used (not that she'd want to xD)

It would be funny if it was Amy all along.

Or Sumo putting Sonia in and saying its Amy....

S-S-Sonia...?

What is this I don't even.

They can put in a Sonia reference, but...

Wow, SUMO. Just... wow.

'Ya know, was thinking if this was put in on purpose, (doubt it) what if Xbox 360 and PS3 don't have Sonia, but a Manic hidden somewhere else?

Edited by Veritech Guardian

Much as this "Sonia cameo / some SUMO designer has snuck them in" discussion is fun and whilst you wait for the official word from S0L (I'm looking forward to this one mate) how about another theory that doesn't involve "they've put in a reference to Underground OMFG" and "BOO SEGA ARE STEALING ARTZ!" eh, and lets think about whats more likely.

For no reason whatsoever we get a Sonic Underground reference.

orrrrr

SUMO designer mocks up some images as the characters as playing cards for review with them in game early on in development cycle, mistakingly using the wrong pink hedhehog through some google image search or something and end up using Sonia instead - and one of the instances of the work in progress card gets missed when replacing them for the final article?

That would be my theory, but lets wait for the main man himself to wake up and give us a full and proper answer which I guess will involve "Er, who is Sonia?"

Please feel free to twist anything I say to fit your own ideas about what is right as befits any comments I seemingly make nowadays. :P

Now I'm off to bed.

• Thumbs Up 4

Wow, TSSZ got duped again? That's ludicrously pathetic. In past occasions they were usually pertaining to unreleased games, but this is game is not only a game that has been released, but one that they are in posession of. The first thing I did when playing through all of the Sonic the Hedgehog tracks was closely analyse every single last detail of the environment. Sonia does not make an appearance anywhere. If I recall correctly, that locale of Roulette Road featured in that screenshot is where a Shadow card is located.

Disregard that.

Edited by HunterTSF

Wow, TSSZ got duped again? That's ludicrously pathetic. In past occasions they were usually pertaining to unreleased games, but this is game is not only a game that has been released, but one that they are in posession of. The first thing I did when playing through all of the Sonic the Hedgehog tracks was closely analyse every single last detail of the environment. Sonia does not make an appearance anywhere. If I recall correctly, that locale of Roulette Road featured in that screenshot is where a Shadow card is located.

derp derp

Read the thread, it's in the Wii and PC versions. =P

• Thumbs Up 2

Surprised nobody in test spotted this (we did have a couple of hardcore Sonic/SEGA fans on the team), but it was probably a case of "pink hedgehog = Amy" for everyone.

Still, it's keeping this board active! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

That would be my theory, but lets wait for the main man himself to wake up and give us a full and proper answer which I guess will involve "Er, who is Sonia?"

Please feel free to twist anything I say to fit your own ideas about what is right as befits any comments I seemingly make nowadays. :P

I'll do it! And I'll do it in the style of boy with blog!

AAUK! OF Sega came out of the bathroom to say that Sonia doesn't exist! She's in all versions except for the N64 copy of the game! I own a game gear and in that copy there is not only Sonia, but JR Robotnik too! AAAAAAAAAAUoK Said that Sonia was added because it'll give people who drive over her face super powers. S0L of Sumo fame won his wrestle match against the great humongous and said "that it was put in there deliberately and theres nothing anyone can do about it Muhahahahaha!!" --- Actual quote!

Theres already a boycot of Sonic Riders 3: Beyond Infinity because of this even though the head looks exactly like every other image of Sonia ever created it must belong to this person! YES! BY GOD YOU'RE RIGHT! who can say GIVE ME MONEY DAMN YOU!" AAUK has said that the designers were not talented enough to make artwork of Amy so they forced a child to work in a coal mine drawing by candle light until they got what they wanted. That child is now on the Jeremy Kyle show and will sue Capcom for not being included in Resident Evil 6!

Do you have an opinion!

2233823704_9009bc6b79.jpg?v=0

Write it in the comments!

Then keep pressing refresh and all the add revenue will be MINE MINE MINE MA-HAHAHAHAA!

:(

Edited by Casanova
  • Thumbs Up 7

So PS3 is the only one now without a Exclusive/Extra eh eh?

.....X.X

Edited by Veritech Guardian

Tirann0: First minute=pretty good.

.....Then the Jason Griffith rant came in.....*sigh*. I thought we were done with this.

Edited by Pearl
  • Thumbs Up 1

So PS3 is the only one now without a Exclusive eh eh?

.....X.X

Clearly their exclusive is having no exclusives XD

Clearly their exclusive is having no exclusives XD

Technically correct I guess. Lol

Ever hear of a joke before? ;D

It's hard to understand from your description. Is your GF happy, sad,...

Am I the only one who thinks that the head looks like every single other drawing of Sonia ever done? lol I mean if you watch Sonic Underground long enough, I'm sure we could find a pose that looks similar.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ever hear of a joke before? ;D

Sorry, I couldn't tell XD. Well, nvm.

Anyway, I don't think she should really do anything. Is it stealing? Extremly yes, BUT, your going so fast and concentrating on the race, you won't notice. I never noticed till now.

Edited by Pearl

Oh, the Wii version you say? And a video to boot? Sorry about that, TSSZ.

what is this i dont even

Sumo Digital, I am disappoint. I can tolerate the derp derpiness of the animations and voice clips of the Sonic the Hedgehog characters, but this beyond ludicrously pathetic. Somebody seriously needs to fire the (or perhaps hire a) quality control team that checks the content featured in-game before it gets finalized. Fan-art got featured in-game. And not only was it fan-art, but it was also fan-art of an entirely different character not even from the Sonic the Hedgehog video game series. How did this even happen? For one, this style of this artwork does not even look remotely similar to the artistic style of the other Sonic the Hedgehog artworks featured in-game. For two, it (should be) quite obvious that this is not Amy Rose. For three, it looks like somebody had had to remotely go out of their way to even find this fan-artwork of Sonia - I can't find it within the first ten pages of "Amy Rose" or any similar search phrases. From the looks of it, they actually must have searched specifically for "Sonia", seeing that this artwork is featured on page 1 of the search results brought up by the phrases of "sonic" and "sonia" in Google Images.

Okay, now for four. Page 1 of the image results brought up by the search terms "sonic" and "sonic" brings up this image - and it's links to fanpop.com. Now, not only have we deliberately searched for the character "Sonia", but we have also knowingly accessed a site that predominantly features fan-created works. It's also worth noting that this is not an cut-out image of the character - that head artwork had to have been manually cut out. Out of the artwork that has the fan artist's signature on it.

Wow. That's some great lengths to have gone there, eh? And nobody ever caught this? For shame, for shame. I'd be pretty upset if I were the artist who had their artwork stolen and featured without their acknowledgement in a video game too. Not cool. Stolen fan-artwork of a Sonic Underground character is now part of the final product of SASASR. Ridiculous.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Am I the only one who thinks that the head looks like every single other drawing of Sonia ever done? lol I mean if you watch Sonic Underground long enough, I'm sure we could find a pose that looks similar.

Well the looking at them side by side look very very similar.

Sonia-Comparison.jpg

I'd be pretty upset if I were the artist who had their artwork stolen and featured without their acknowledgement in a video game too.

For the record, I'd feel the exact opposite way. I've always considered that since Sega owns everything Sonic related, how I'd feel if they decided they wanted any of my Sonai and S Factor stuff. Personally, I'd be elated, entirely for the advancement of the character.

Clearly that's just me though =P

• Thumbs Up 4

Hey guyz how about reading AAUK's explanation before going off on a rant ;)

Also, looking at the two images placed side by side like that, the shadows don't match up in some places and the colours are slightly different.

At the risk of sounding like an absolute twat does anybody else reckon she MIGHT (key fucking word before you all go crazy on me) have traced that head from somewhere, or maybe that someone has traced her work? Tracing isn't exactly uncommon on DeviantArt...

EDIT: The lineart is really thick around the back of her head in the ASR version and really thin in the fanart, plus there are shadows around the muzzle and ears that aren't in the fanart, I don't think a Sumo worker would go to that much effort to slightly change a placeholder.

Technically fanart is breaching copyright anyway so SEGA can do what the fuck they like, lol. If they wanted to they could construct the whole next game's boxart out of fanart, but that wouldn't really be very good for PR.

Thus is my understanding of the world anyway.

(Forgot to mention: it entertains me a little for some reason that this only occured on platforms that are very unlikely to get patches, lol).

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 6