Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

AAUK pretty much cleared the situation up for now, it could be a complete mistake early on in development and when removed must have slipped by them in the Wii and PC versions. As AAUK also said we've just got to wait and see what S0L says on the matter. CNash from the team who tested the game said they didn't notice it even with some hardcore SEGA/Sonic fans among them. It could easily slip by anyone testing the game since it is a racing game where you're not going to be paying much attention to the detail of the floor especially when its all blurred in high speed motion. I think all of us with these 2 versions will have just blasted down the track and saw a pink blur on a card that we'll have subconciously assumed to be Amy.

TSSZ says I am angry. I am sad now ='<

I am really happy for her. As we speak she is squeezing my arm in excitement while she is reading all of this news.

TSSZ love drama, they twist anything like this to try and get site hits. I've just updated my article to say RianaLD's made a statement about it but that's too nice and simple for TSSZ's Tristan.

EDIT: OMG, he's made a second article on it? He's got AAUK involved too? Talk about shit stirring -_-'

• Thumbs Up 4

lol at TSSZ at making this sonia artwork in ASR Wii into SUPER BIG NEWS OF THE DECADE he is really sad at trying to make this big news

Quite shocked about this, if I were the artist I would be quite happy, but also asking for SEGA to (at least) give me credit in their blogs and offer some proper apologize (and maybe give me some merchandise, like they did with the SaTBK contest thing :P ).

Also, if I were Steve I would probably be raging for whoever who let this thing slip up <_<

Anyways, a really ineresting thing, and awesome (not to mention) obscure fanservice, too bad is doesn't seem to be intentional D:

EDIT: OMG, he's made a second article on it? He's got AAUK involved too? Talk about shit stirring -_-'

Why you go there anyways? It's not like they post news on that site or anything like that. :mellow:

EDIT: got to confess, when I readed "Sonia in ASR" my head almost explodes because I thought it was DLC, yeah, even with the PC and Wii mention in the title D:

Not that I like Sonia, but I really love when someone makes this obscure fanservice :P

Edited by imarafan

This happening so soon after Gene Simmons' kid claims he's never known about Bleach's existance yet rips the manga off in its entirety?

Three cheers for SEGA apparently >_>;

Read a comment off of DA, so hilarious. :P

Edit: AAUK explanation does make sense. However... why would the other versions get it removed?

Wouldn't someone at Sumo go like "Lets edit the Wii/PC now!"

It's funny because Sonia isn't owned by sega, it's owned by DiC.

So SEGA could potentially be sued by this artist AND another company haha

Is this true...? O_o

Edited by Autosaver

Sorry to bring up TSSZ again but this pic he's posted is hilarious -

ASR-Plagiarism.jpg

As imarafan said I can imagine S0L will be quite annoyed at whoever let this slip into two versions of the game, I hadn't thought about this but I imagine any staff involved with it would get no more than a telling off.

Alex Kidd is no kid..

He's the man.

I wipe the floor with most people online as him. He's easily my favorite bike character. :3

• Thumbs Up 1

Jesus, had to remove the comments on my video.

All they consist of:

"HURRR ITS FAKE"

"HURRR I DONT SEE IT ON MAH VERZIN"

"DERPIE DERP U MODDED IT"

As I said before the comments where removed, no one can hack it at the moment. I wasn't even the one who discovered it.

Stupid people, if they took the time to actually listen to what you're saying -_-

Stupid people, if they took the time to actually listen to what you're saying -_-

I wouldn't blame them, (I'm lying, I would D: ) Pearl listened to the video and he heard a complain about GRIFFITH!!1!.

It's hard to think you are talking seriously when part of your video is a joke. =/

Edited by imarafan
  • Thumbs Up 1

So.. it looks like this website hates TSSZ...? :P

They are rivals.... so I could've expected this.

Minute 00.45

soniasa.jpg

Sonia?

8b24c5d9.png

this has been extracted from the textures of the game, it does in the game? :lol:

apparently is based on the DA:

After-Sonia-sonic-underground-2494805-543-797.jpg

Source: Sonic Reikai

Ahhahaha. Oh man. Good Easter Egg.

I have the Wii version, so I dunno if the image appears randomly or I just haven't noticed it yet.

Live Nude Robotnik for Sonic and SEGA All-stars Racing 2.

Also, looking at the two images placed side by side like that, the shadows don't match up in some places and the colours are slightly different.

wordswordswords

EDIT: The lineart is really thick around the back of her head in the ASR version and really thin in the fanart, plus there are shadows around the muzzle and ears that aren't in the fanart, I don't think a Sumo worker would go to that much effort to slightly change a placeholder.

OR the two pictures could be at completely different resolutions, which would explain a lot of the differences you just noted. Especially the line thickness difference. I mean really now, I thought the pixellated nature of the Sumo version made that much obvious.

So.. it looks like this website hates TSSZ...? :P

They are rivals.... so I could've expected this.

It's not really rivalry, it's just hard to like someone and their website when they use their website to publically mock me and my serious long term illness then never ever apologise for it.

On discussion of the pictures similarity, I think they're definitely the same picture but they've just made very slight adjustments. As Blacklightning said it could be a difference in resolution.

• Thumbs Up 1

Incidentally, if Sonia were DLC, she'd be a bike user, and therefore automatically awesome. :V (Oh and her All Star move would most definitely be the Super Twirl)

After pasting this, I realize that there are only 4 bike characters in the game.

Edited by Aquaslash
  • Thumbs Up 1

Surreal is the word that comes to mind in this matter. I've been dev-watching her art for a long time now, and she's one of my more distant online friends (I'm more in contact with her boyfriend online these days), and it's...quite odd to actually see her art in a Sonic game. XD Whether I would call this plagiarism or not, I really can't say, but it does look like a possibility. But on the other hand, I'm guessing it's somewhat of a thrill to see something you created in one of the actual games. It'll be interesting to see what S0L has to say about it, if he does provide a response.

• Thumbs Up 1

...Kinda' a random thought, but I wonder if Sonia appeared in this day and age if she'd be voiced by Jason Griffith...

...Kinda' a random thought, but I wonder if Sonia appeared in this day and age if she'd be voiced by Jason Griffith...

:|

I would like to say that'd I'd go on a killing spree, but everyone knows I'd be too bust geeking out over the fact that Sonia would have an official revival

Besides, knowing Sega, it'd be Bella Hudson anyway XD

Ugh. Why would they ever acknowledge that crappy cartoon existed?

It was about Sonic playing a magic guitar.

A magic guitar.

Ugh. Why would they ever acknowledge that crappy cartoon existed?

It was about Sonic playing a magic guitar.

A magic guitar.

So this will never die!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTutZil5bDY

411 Music DLC for ALL tracks in Sonic & SEGA All-Star Racing Confirmed!!!

Edited by Dusk the Biohazard Keeper

Jesus how you guys posted 7 pages worth of stuff in 24 hours is unbelievable. I do have college you know. I don't have all day. :P

Alex Kidd is quick. I'm tempted to have him as my main racer now. I can still win a race with him by a very healthy margin despite stalling at the start line.

Hey, I like that idea...

TheWax in the comments of my article says it's not there in the PC version despite everyone saying it is earlier so I'm wondering if it's in both Steam and disc PC versions or not, I've asked which version he/she has. Can anyone confirm wether it's in both editions or not? I don't have either of the PC versions myself.

Shadz The Wax is right that artwork is not in the PC version i just seen in a video on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC19lh1lnFY << at 0:52 you can see Amy not sonia so it must be only in the Wii version i'll share a image aswell ^__^

fff.jpg?t=1268309559

Weird, I still wonder if its in or not in both Steam and disc versions of the PC edition. RianaLD and her b/f said they have the PC version and it is in their copy so I think it may be in one version of the PC edition but not the other.

EDIT:

Right I've just checked RianaLD's profile and it says she's from the U.S. where only the Steam PC version is available so I assume that the Sonia card is only in the Steam PC version but not the Europe only disc edition.

EDIT 2:

Looks like I may be right after all -

At 0:45

Also seen in this one at 0:52 -

Its not in the one you posted Crash at 0:52 which the user says in the description is 4GB so is maybe using the Steam version but then again could have maybe installed the disc version. I'm confused >_<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC19lh1lnFY

EDIT 3:

Just updated my article to reflect this info, this makes me even more curious as to how this happened since it's corrected in the EU only disc release but not in the Steam release.This should make it easier for Sumo to fix that version since it is a download where as correcting the disc version would be more bothersome.